Restalyne Under Eyes - San Diego

I went to this doctor for Botox. I was talked into...

I went to this doctor for Botox. I was talked into having resty under eyes cause I was told my face is asymmetric. My health history was not taken, nor was I given aftercare instructions or a follow up appointment. Right away after the injections under my eyes I knew something was wrong. Huge cyst like bumps formed under skin. I was badly bruised and swollen for about a week. Once the swelling went done I realized I looked disfigured with huge cysts under my eyes. Not to mention bags were a lot worse. Worse than before.

I called to have a follow up appt. about 3 weeks later and actually told to e-mail a pic? Are you kidding? I just spent over $1200.00 and don't even get a follow up appt.? I told the receptionist I was not sending a pic and wanted to come in. Once I arrived pics were taken. They were also taken prior.

The doctor told me he saw bumps when he looked really close which were no big deal and felt nothing. Are you kidding? I have cysts you can clearly see(not just close) and feel under my skin. He told me lets look at pics to compare. I thought great, finally we will see. To my shock he pulled up pics that have been clearly airbrushed and did not show bumps. How can I be sure? Easy, I have acne and acne scars and my skin looked perfect in the pics. I mean amazing. I could wear a pound of makeup and never look this good. He then asked assistant to leave the room and told me I need to see a psychiatrist and couldn't help me. I asked him if I could come back in a few weeks for a follow up and he said sure. He had no intention of admitting fault, so would be worthless. I'm not so mad about the bumps as I am about the airbrushed photos and lies. I feel he should have been more sympathic and admitted there were bumps.. I would love to hear from other people that saw him that has had similiar experiences. I think this is really scary, especially because he does all types of surgey including laser and is probably airbrushing results of patients who are dissatisfied. Please do not see this doc for anything. Highly unethical and illegal to airbrush photos. I am considering filing a complaint. If there is a doc in San Diego, Oc or LA that would be willing to see me fo a second opinion and is great in dissolving bumps I would love to hear from you. Thank you in advance:)

Dr. Gilbert Lee

I'm sorry to hear things didn't come out as expected. There is a substance that can be injected to dissolve the Restylane, so that might be something worth looking into.

Here are some Q&A's to help you learn about that option:

Dissolving Restylane - How Long to Wait to Get Hyaluronidase Injections?

Will I Return to Normal After Restylane is Dissolved?

It sounds like you are leaning towards seeing another doctor for a second opinion. If you choose to do that, please let us know how it goes.