Dissolving Restylane - How Long to Wait to Get Hyaluronidase Injections?

One month ago I had Restylane injections to improve my tear trough and cheek area, and now I'm wondering if I can get rid of them and how long would I have to wait before it's safe to use Hyaluronidase acid. Also, would I need the same number of  Hyaluronidase injections as I had for the Restylane?

Correcting Filler problems with Hyanluronidase.

+2

One thing that is wonderful about the HA fillers (Juvederm and Restylane being the most popular) is that they can be reversed if desired.  There are two ways to remove HAs:  extraction or dissolution.  Extraction means that if there is a blue blob of filler left from a poorly administered HA a qualified practitioner can prick the area with a needle and squeeze out some of the gel. This can work even if the filler has been present for years.  The second method is dissolution which in my hands always works. Hyaluronidase is an enzyme that is injected into the area in question and dissolves the material.  The treatment can be done immediately or months or even years later.  There are only a couple of pinpricks and my patients have experienced no pain.

Paradise Valley Dermatologic Surgeon

How soon to use Hyaluronidase?

+2

Hyaluronidase can be used immediately after the injection of any hyaluronic acid filler.  There is no need to wait for reversal of the initial injection procedure. The number of injections will vary depending on the amount of Hyaluronidase used for each injection site.

Harold J. Kaplan, MD

Hyaluronidase anytime

+2

Hyaluronidase can be used immediately. It does not need time to settle etc. Just be sure you are seeing someone experienced in fillers as it is equally important to know how to fix a problem as it is to know how to avoid it in the first place. By the way, you will see results within hours and the product will be gone within 24-48 hours. Another reason to choose hyaluronic acids as your fillers of choice.

Shawn Allen, MD
Boulder Dermatologist

You can use hyaluronidase immediately

+2

You dont have to wait at all to inject hyaluronidase for Restylane removal. You could have it done immediately, if you really wanted to. It usually takes many less injections of hyaluronidase than you had of Restylane, but it depends on the injector's technique.

Jonathan Hoenig, MD
Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon

Oops, sounds like a little too much filler under your...

+2

Hi nz in DC,

Oops, sounds like a little too much filler under your eyes.  It is safe to use Hyaluronidase to dissolve the excess Restylane at this time.  In fact, it can be used any time, but we usually wait a few days until the injection area has stabilized.  Good luck and be well.

Dr. P

Michael A. Persky, MD

Reversing Restylane, Jeuvederm, Voluma, Bolera and other HA fillers with Hyaluronidase

+1
One month after injections of HA is a safe time to use hyaluronidase if you wish to removed the results. You do not have to inject the same number of syringes.

Larry S. Nichter, MD, MS, FACS

It is okay to use hyaluronidase to dissolve Restylane

+1

One month is a good enough interval to know whether you want to keep the filler or get rid of it. It is okay to go ahead with hyaluronidase any time now.

Actually, one can use hyaluronidase any time after filler injection to dissolve it - but atleast 2 weeks interval after the procedure should be a good time to make a judgment about the outcome and its desirability!

Renita Lourdhurajan, MD, DNB
India Dermatologist