Much Less Painful Than I Thought! Rhinoplasty! - Reston, VA

Dr. Naderi and the staff at iNova was amazing. I...

Dr. Naderi and the staff at iNova was amazing. I was obviously very nervous but there was not a lag in wait time. We checked in, got taken back, got the IV, chatting with the anesthesiologist and Dr. Naderi, then they gave me some meds and took me back! I woke up afterward in mild pain (more of a pressure than anything) and went home soon afterward.

The first day (surgery day) wasn't as bad as I thought. I took the meds when I got home and my pain pills and watched tv propped up in bed. My boyfriend was great with making sure I ate pineapple (amazing for swelling and bruising) and took my meds. I slept ok (only difficulty was open mouth breathing which was a bit uncomfortable and being propped up).

Day Two was actually when I had most of my swelling and bruising. It was pretty dark around the eyes, my eyelids, under my eyes and my cheeks. I kept icing, taking the meds, drinking pineapple juice and taking it easy.

Day Three looked better. Was pretty easy. I walked the dog and relaxed. Got a bit bored but knew not to push it.

Day Four I worked from home and was fine! I am taking Tylenol instead of the pain meds during the day and I am taking two at night to help me sleep. It throbs sometimes but it is more uncomfortable and itchy at this point. Ready to get the cast off!! Also, the boyfriend got and installed the detachable shower head so I got to shower and wash my hair!! It was AMAZING.

Day Five, the bruising is yellow under my eyes and the puffiness is just a little in my cheeks. Or maybe I gained weight from all the pineapple juice and snacks and lack of movement! :)

I will update this when I get my cast off on Friday! Also!! - Remember to clean the crap out of your nose. I have been doing the peroxide and ointment like 8 times a day. Before bed, middle of the night when I get up to use the restroom, 7am when the dog wakes me up and then all throughout the day. Dr. Naderi said it is super important so I am lathering it on! :)

Before Pictures! After to be added tomorrow when the cast / splint comes off!

Here are some pictures of me that I dislike of my nose. Some of me each day post-op and soon some to be added tomorrow.

Pictures of me before!

Here are some pictures that are soso but show my nose in the beffffore state :).

After Pics

So it is still really swollen and I feel it looks bigger? But the bump is gone and it is a much smoother profile. I think the tip being swollen makes it look like it is longer than it was before? Not quite sure but hopefully some of the swelling dissipates over the next week or so!

Also, it is pretty painful during the day. The pollen is not helping but I have a dull headache and there is a lot of pressure after I get off a conference call for work. Lots of movement and talking.

I am still cleaning it on the reg and ready for the rest of the stitches to come out. Tickles a lot. :) What are everyones thoughts?

Posted Before I Could Add the Rest! Whoops!

Three more!

Two Weeks Post - Op (one post-cast removal) (Morning Pics)

SO I decided to take a few pictures as soon as I get in to work today (selfies in my cube :)) because I think my nose is more swollen at the end of the day. I also decided to wear some makeup finally and it looks pretty nice! It is also funny how ingrained the side shot is because that used to be my best angle. Highers up, face to the side, because of my nose. I am going to have to work on new poses!

Also, I think my face is still a little swollen which is why I am not really smiling. Usually I have a huge smile but it kind of hurts to do so at the moment.

One Month is Tomorrow! One Month Appt Next Week!

Hi Ya'll! Been a while since I updated and I wanted to add some more pictures. I cut all my hair off yesterday so I a few from that! I would say that the pain is mininal and hurts some morning, but I am blaming that on the crazy pollen count. I ran the Breast Cancer 5k today with my family (first time going all out since the surgery) and I was fine but a tiny bit swollen!! :)

One thing I would note: it is very easy to lose a sense of how you looked before vs. how you look now vs. how you want to look. I very easily forgot how big, lumpy and wide my nose was until I looked back and pictures and was like OH YEAH! The tip is still a bit swollen so once that goes down, I think it will be amazing. Sometimes one side gets a little swollen so I feel lop-sided, but again, all goes away in due time and it is leaps and bounds from where it was before.

Also, the blackhead issue. It is gross but you will have to deal with it. Haha. I used those strips every weekend and did a mask and you can't use them and just kind of have to deal. Astringent is your friend.

I am very excited to be able to work out again (just cardio, no weights he said). I will let you guys know if the swelling increases.

Hey Ya'll! One month + post op and 5 days since steroid shots!

Pictures will be posted tomorrow! The shots suck but wow, I have seen a lot of definition in the past few days anddddd it didn't swell too much when I hit the gym today :). I have to go back in a month for more shots :( but I love how it helps with the swelling.

Pictures tomorrow!
Washington DC Facial Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Naderi was amazing from start to finish. He wasn't overly talkative. I could tell he knew his stuff, he came in and made me feel at ease and called to check on me later in the day after my procedure. He is the best in the area and you can tell. He is very particular with the pre and aftercare instructions and I am excited to see the results once the cast / splint is off.

hey girl! how are you doing?
My surgeon told me steroid shots are an option for me too, depending on how my swelling settles. I didn't even realize this was a treatment, let alone one I'll be able to discuss with other bloggers on here. Let me know when you start to see a difference!
Sorry for the delayed response. I certain can feel a difference and I think it looks different as well. I will post pictures this week! Hopefully tomorrow.
Great! Im getting my shots tomorrow I think. Im glad it worked for you!
How badly do the shots hurt? I have my first shots appt next week :(
I think it really depends on your pain threshold! The first two on the top most of the nose really isn't too bad. Pinching sensation then a little bit of burning (the steriods seeping in). The one that hurts (I don't want to lie to you) is the one on the tip. I cursed a few times and held my breath and counted to ten and it was done. I can really tell the difference so even though it sucked, I will keep my appointment in a month for more. Haha.
You look great! I think your "new" nose suits your face well. It looks as if you were born with it!! What did you do to remove the blackheads? I'm going through that stage now :( Blackheads and peeling sort of. So because of the peeling, makeup/foundation isn't latching onto my skin.
Thank you! Yes, I love it! I try really hard not to pick. I am worried I will mess up my nose somehow! haha. I use powder on my nose for work and weekends. I use astringent twice a day and that has helped. I did a mask this weekend too which helped. I hope I am able to get some sun soon (hopefully Dr. Naderi will tell me it is ok during my appt this week) because that also helps my skin as well. And man, I cannot wait to wear sunglasses again!!
Do you feel Dr. N. Met your expectations? Do you think his result so far is what you were shown on imaging? I'm still undecided on him vs. Dr. G. ...
I think it looks great. I still have some uneven swelling so it bugs me a bit that a straight on shot looks a bit crooked. The pain was minimal and it does look great. I have my one month post op next week and I may opt for the steriod injection on one side to even it out. I honestly don't know about Dr.G but Dr. Naderi was wonderful.
looks so natural! can you post a true profile pic? I would love to see from that angle. thanks!
Sure! I will have my bf take one tonight! One side is more swollen than the other so it looks a little lop-sided! I have my one month appt on the 15th so I will most likely ask for a steroid injection to one side if it is still off!
it looks good! i'm certain it's a lot of swelling! he did lots of tip work on you so it's swollen... give it a couple weeks and let's see then. congrats to you! you're so pretty.
Thank you! :) :) I took another this right when I got in and will post it. I think it is more swollen at the end of the day (I am an account manager so I talk a lot at work). I leave for Vegas Wednesday on a girls trip so I am hoping it will be a little less painful and swollen then!
enjoy Vegas !!!! that isy favorite place in the Whole world !!! if u walk up and down strip promoters will approach u and give u Excellent hookups for clubs/pool parties. I literally love love love vegas ! even if it looks exactly like it does now you'll look beautiful. hope the pain subsides .. enjoy your trip!!!!
One thing, watch out when you drink alcohol early on...it makes the swelling worse! Trust me on this one lol. Have fun though, but be warned it can happen!
oh I'm glad I heard that- I may skip ladies night next Tuesday lol. I love my wine with the girls. but I love fr the swelling to go down more! Anne where inVegas are you staying ?
We are going cheesy and staying at the Xcalibar (and seeing Britney Saturday night)! Girls trip! I will make sure to load up on water to stay as hydrated as possible. It is still swollen but I just looked at some old pictures on my phone and it is still smaller than my old nose! :)
Anne. AHhHhh!! I lov it !!! it's so beautiful I can't imagine it any nicer ! so happy for u ! an no bruising ! Aweosme !! so so excited for u ! so what can u do for swelling ? I forgot to ask if I can use ice post op... ?
Thank you thank you!!!! :) Sometimes I look at it and I am like, man, it is bigger, then sometimes I am excited (morning's usually) because it hasn't really begun to swell at all. I am icing more and trying to sleep propped up. It is hard! I take Tylenol during the day to help with the pressure but I am sure the spring pollen doesn't help! :)
Posted! I tried to get the profile which is why there are so many side shots! :) Also, I read the swelling really doesn't go away until the month mark? Maybe I should ice more?!
Are u allowed to massage? I had to massage my nose for 6 months, it helped alot
Good idea! I am heading to Vegas next Wednesday and I am nervous about flying and if it will swell up because of the pressure? Does that make sense? Haha.
Where's your pics girlfriend?! :) want to know how u are doing?
Hey you got any photos? How exciting it must be for you???