Brow Lift - Reston, VA

As a social worker, we communicate with our eyes....

As a social worker, we communicate with our eyes. In my case, my upper lids were so swollen that I looked mean. Dr Weston corrected that problem and I was very pleased. Recovery was 2 weeks or so...and 6 months later, I continue to heal and get more and more compliments from how "rested" and "younger" I look.
Reston Plastic Surgeon

Dr Weston is a perfectionist and a pro. He knows exactly what he is doing and does it well. I went to several ophthalmologists who just wanted to remove the skin but I believed Dr Weston when he said a brow lift is the only way to go for me. Healing time was about right - went on a cruise in late April and everyone kept mentioning how rested I looked...no one guessed anything more than that. Now, six months later, I continue to see small changes as the botox wears off and my brows lower slightly. But I am very pleased overall and would highly recommend this doctor

I had my face lift August 2013 and had a brow lift. It is four months later and for the past two months, I have had non-stop itching of the scalp. I have lost almost half of the hair on my head because I can't stop scratching. The worst itching is in the area of where the endotine fixation post were placed. I have lumps and bumps on my head from these fixation posts. I am so miserable that I have to take Benadryl, a muscle relaxer, and zanex in the evening after I get off of work just to calm down. My scalp stays sore from scratching. I have sores on my head and it burns when I wash my hair. I have tried everything for the itching and nothing works. I put ice packs on my head and it helps some, but I can't wear ice on my head at work. I am driving my co-workers crazy from scratching my head all day at work. My plastic surgeon did not tell me that I would have these side effects when we discussed my surgery. I am somewhat happy with how I look from the face lift, but I thought I would look much younger and some people have not noticed a change at all. I am very depressed and miserable all the time. I sometimes think about suicide because I don't want to live with the severe itching. I would not recommend anyone to have a brow lift, It is not worth it!!
Brow lifts are barbaric! 4 months later I can't do any sports. I have burning on my forehead! I feel like I have a very tight hay on my head! I have CONSTANT head aches! Never encourage people to have a Brow lift! It's a GAMBLE!!!! Be responsible of what you tell people !!!!!!!!
Honey,it took me 6 months to recover,I was in so much pain I almost felt like dieing.Now I am so glad I had it down,It took years off my age.
I used Doctor Jay Burns in Dallas,He did a great job,I have heard that Doctor Ken Smart JR.In Frisco Texas is also a great PS,Women who have used him say they were very pleased with him,If I ever have more PS I am going to use him.
You are very Lucky you had such an easy recovery! Most people aren't so lucky. I would never recommend a brow lift to anyone! I am still having strong side effects 3 months later. I can't run, jog or doing any sports. The top of my head feels skin tight numb. And hurts like heck. It feels like little bugs are under my skin. I lost a lot of hair. My face lift turned out great. I eye lift turned out great but DID effect my Vision! The brow lift is horrible! You took a big gamble. I'm happy for you but I don't think people like you know what could have happened to you... It has been horrible !!!!!
You look great!!! You had an upper eye lift done too, right?

Wow, wow, wow! Great results. You look so refreshed. Thank you for sharing on RealSelf! Were there parts of your recovery that were particularly challenging?

I tried to sleep upright for at least a week to keep the blood draining...and wore frozen plastic eye glass things to keep the swelling down...it was tough to watch TV or sleep much of the day as I tried to keep from working. But no pain...I just looked like a monster for a while and kept myself home. I'd do it again for sure (but I hope not to)