Brow Lift - Reston, VA

As a social worker, we communicate with our eyes....

As a social worker, we communicate with our eyes. In my case, my upper lids were so swollen that I looked mean. Dr Weston corrected that problem and I was very pleased. Recovery was 2 weeks or so...and 6 months later, I continue to heal and get more and more compliments from how "rested" and "younger" I look.

I hate to hear so many of your comments where you are sufferring from the after effects of the surgery. Yes, I do have scalp itches still, a year later, and my doctor said it's the new nerve endings but mine are controllable and not too diffucult to manage. Cold packs always help when it gets too bad. I have to post another picture as that shot still has the "surprise look" to it that subsided. My own mother said she did not recognize me for months as it changed my looks. Now, it has softened and while my brows are lifted, it looks natural. I turned 60 this year and most people challenge that as I think it made me look a lot younger and less intense. Losing weight also helped as it brings more contours to your face and made it all align. I am also amazed that the botox that he put in between my eyebrows has not lessened its hold a year later. I can move my forehead and my eyebrows but the deep furrow disappeared and have not come back - yet. Then again, they gave us some wonderful face creams that I actually enjoy using now - maybe it's the lotions also. Regardless - a year ago, I was a mess...I did not feel comfortable going out in public with all the bruising and fatigue was an issue. I am a huge gardener and had to make sure I wore a hat and 50 SPF to protect my fragile new self. I was tired for a long time - every surgery does that to me - but recovered and pulled off 15 unwanted pounds which helped. I'd warn you all to give it the time it needs to heal - we're all different. Don't panic if things don't seem to look right. You paid that surgeon a lot of money so go back to him if you feel you need to as much as you need to to ensure all it well. Get your hair done differently (I wore bangs initially to shelter some of the bruising) and don't think that your hairdresser won't notice. Mine was a partner with me in selecting the surgeon (she talks to a lot of women weekly) and in helping me adjust to the changes. But I would do it over again without a worry...I felt I did the research, was well-prepared and accepting of the changes. The itches for ME are minor but I respect that many other suffer unwanted changes as a result of the surgery. If it is important to you, go for it! You only get one face, one life...and one big chance to make the changes you want.
I had my face lift August 2013 and had a brow lift. It is four months later and for the past two months, I have had non-stop itching of the scalp. I have lost almost half of the hair on my head because I can't stop scratching. The worst itching is in the area of where the endotine fixation post were placed. I have lumps and bumps on my head from these fixation posts. I am so miserable that I have to take Benadryl, a muscle relaxer, and zanex in the evening after I get off of work just to calm down. My scalp stays sore from scratching. I have sores on my head and it burns when I wash my hair. I have tried everything for the itching and nothing works. I put ice packs on my head and it helps some, but I can't wear ice on my head at work. I am driving my co-workers crazy from scratching my head all day at work. My plastic surgeon did not tell me that I would have these side effects when we discussed my surgery. I am somewhat happy with how I look from the face lift, but I thought I would look much younger and some people have not noticed a change at all. I am very depressed and miserable all the time. I sometimes think about suicide because I don't want to live with the severe itching. I would not recommend anyone to have a brow lift, It is not worth it!!
Brow lifts are barbaric! 4 months later I can't do any sports. I have burning on my forehead! I feel like I have a very tight hay on my head! I have CONSTANT head aches! Never encourage people to have a Brow lift! It's a GAMBLE!!!! Be responsible of what you tell people !!!!!!!!
Reston Plastic Surgeon

Dr Weston is a perfectionist and a pro. He knows exactly what he is doing and does it well. I went to several ophthalmologists who just wanted to remove the skin but I believed Dr Weston when he said a brow lift is the only way to go for me. Healing time was about right - went on a cruise in late April and everyone kept mentioning how rested I looked...no one guessed anything more than that. Now, six months later, I continue to see small changes as the botox wears off and my brows lower slightly. But I am very pleased overall and would highly recommend this doctor