Swelling 1 Year After Tummy Tuck, Please Help

In Feb 2009, I had a full TT with a BA and lipo of...

In Feb 2009, I had a full TT with a BA and lipo of flanks. My doctor said I had almost no fat on my abdomen, just loose skin with stretchmarks.

I workout 5 days a week and am athletic. I runabout 16 miles a week , weight train 4 days a week and do high intensity cycling routines 2-3 times a week. I was small going into surgery, 5'5 1/2" 132 lbs, my size 27 jeans were a bit loose on me.

After surgery seemed to go pretty normal. Pain hurt but was bearable. I felt that I was recovering pretty quickly. I swelled very badly, but it seemed to dissipate within 3 or 4 weeks. I was back down to 132. I did notice my stretchmarks were all over my abdomen and the left flank is grossly uneven and has this big indentation in it. I decided to just be patient. I started doing mild workouts and gradually building back up to my norm.

Now here's where my problem is...Within a month my weight jumped up 15 lbs and my clothes were tight. I have this ugly swelling above my TT scar that makes me look like I'm pregnant or have a spare tire. My dr didnt seem to take this seriously and even joked that my implants only weigh about 3 lbs. I find this anything but funny considering the amount of time and effort I put into staying healthy and slim. I don't think I could gain 15 lbs in a month of eating fast food every other day, let alone eating healthy and working out the way I do. This weight and swelling have persisted up until present and I feel like it may never go away. The skin of my legs feels very tight and hurts and my legs look dimplier.

I amped up my workouts, cut things out of my diet, I drink a lot of water, I take vitamins. I try to wear this compression garment as much as possible even now, but it seems useless.

My stomach is looser and flabbier looking than before. When I sit or lean over it looks just like the before pictures. I still have all of my stretchmarks, the only difference is that they looked stretched, if that makes sense. My left hip looks awful.

I don't know what to do from here. I want to have my dr fix this, but at all of my appts he seems that he doesnt know what the problem is. He said that maybe I am just an "intense sweller". He keeps pushing this off 3 months here, 3 months there and now it's been a year with no change. I am embarrassed of how I look. I waited 13 years to be able to afford this surgery and have actually become depressed over this.

I am going through what you're going. It's been 3 months since my full TT and i still have loose skin.I talked to my surgeon and he thinks that i am being unfair. He said that i look great ant that there's nothing he can do.. I am going for second and third opinion. And you should too. We paid way too much money to not get the results we wanted to get. Talk to your surgeon again. Tell him that you're no happy with results and that you are getting second opinion. Good luck. Keep us posted. You can check my pics as well. Not happy at all..
I had revision surgery done on 2/9 by my original surgeon. I listened to my intuition and just felt it would be okay. I am very, very pleased with the outcome. My surgeon said it was scar tissue causing the bulging. It was just the way my body healed for some reason. He went in removed it, removed additional excess skin and did a little vaser lipo on my abdomen. I have had almost no swelling this time, no bruising whatsoever. I see no sign of that pooch forming and feel like I look the way I should. I just paid operating room and anesthesia fees...$800.
That's great!!!! You desrve it! I may have that same issue. Thanks for all your posts, I really appreciate it. I will defintly look into getting a revision.

Any advice or thoughts would be GREATLY...

Any advice or thoughts would be GREATLY appreciated. Thank you so much for taking the time to read this.
Not sure if you still check your acct, but I would love to know if this resolved.. I am going through something similar and actually put on a good 10lbs in my butt and thighs and don't understand why!!
Hi, I actually had the TT in May 11. Yes and no. I was told it was musculoskeletal related. But I'm still dealing with pain. Wish I had never gotten it.
Hi livbella, I'm sorry you're going thru this. It's been almost 5 yrs since my full TT and I'm not happy with the results but I've learned to accept it. At times I feel like doing it again but I'm not sure is worth the hassle. You and I seem to have the same results. Unfortunately it appears that our surgeons were not really good at performing TT. I will post a picture of my TT 5 yrs later. I do swell from time to time and sometime it hurst when I work on my abs.

My doctor had no problem saying he needed to do a revision. He did it and I look and feel soooo much better.