I am 50 yrs of age and didn't like the jowl's I...

I am 50 yrs of age and didn't like the jowl's I had developed. Had LSL, Laser and Upper Eyes done at Dr Dahiya's office in Reston VA. So far I like what I see...still healing..but so far so good. All in all I can recommend Dr Dahiya and his office in Reston, VA. You healed for the most part in about 2 weeks but total healing time is longer that that possibly a month or more.

Thanks for posting your story on RealSelf! You look beautiful! I hope you'll keep us posted as you continue to heal.

What has the recovery been like for you?

My recovery has been coming along fine...although scary at times but that is because you really don't know what to expect. I do have a question...I rated Dr Ravi Dahiya but on the this site it still only shows 12 reviews for him and should now be 13 and his picture is not showing on the review I wrote....basically it was not linked to his profile...can you fix that....how do we fix it. Lastly I had additional pic's showing the healing progression but only 5 are showing...I showed more....I think people need to be able to see the progression it will take the fear out of this especially those you look to this site to decide to do this or not...why weren't my additional pic's posted...? Look forward to your reply...

Day 20 with and without makeup

Here are several pics with and without makeup on day 20.
You look fabulous! I am glad it has worked out for you. It is such a personal decision to make and it is so nice to see such a marvelous result.
Jennifer2000, thank you for your kind words...you are right on the money with your statement:)

Oh my goodness. I linked your doctor to his profile. Thank you so much for letting me know! (Also feel free to send me a PM if you have a concern).

I'm going to check into the photos not posting for you right now.

Day 23 pics and Dec 2012 video clip

Here are some day 23 pics with no make up and also a short video clip from Dec 2012, there you can see the yowling that drove me nuts. I wish I had taken pictures of me looking down and scrunching my mouth prior to the surgery....it was really bad...so keep doing that now and I don't see what I used to see and that is good. You all can compare and let me know what you think.

Video Clip Day 23 - did not load-sorry

Looks like the Video I tried to post didn't work...I'll have to enlist realself's help and see if they can post it....I don't know what the imbedded code is I guess:) Oh well not as computer savvy as I thought:)

Video Clip converted to picture format

Ok so I finally figured out how to take a snap shot of that video that shows my yowls...this was taken in Dec 2012...then I am also uploading a couple pics this evening...I am a little red as it seems that at the end of the day it still shows up a bit more from the laser. However the comparison I am trying to show is the lower part of the mouth and the neck etc...as you can see there is no more yowling. I tried to duplicate the look in the pic this evening so you can see a good comparison of the before and after...so not very attractive pics but I think they serve their purpose.

Day 8 pic for Connie

I am posting this for a fellow LSL person to see how I wrapped gauze with the chin strap after stitches were removed, I also makes it more comfortable to wear...I still use it when wearing it at night. This is the day the stitched were removed.

Here is day 8 pics (previous post about day 8 pic incorrect is actaully a day 6 pic)

Ok so I just posted a day 8 pic which actually was day 6 which still had stitches, tried to show how I wrapped the gauze in that pic...unfortunately I can only edit the comment on the pic but not the comments on the title or info. Here are now Day 9 pic with the stitches removed, make up and glasses...sorry for any confusion. Also additionally day 11 pics without makeup.

Day 27 Still happy:)

Here is another pic, with full makeup. Love my new yaw line...it's simply amazing what my Dr was able to do for me....
I am just wondering about the excess of skin and also the dimpling at the apparent incision (again on your upper neck) points. They are not showing at all on your profile photo. Can you post a photo of that area? I am 58 years old, and I am seriously considering the LSL ... don't know if I can afford it, but I am going to try! P.S. You look gorgeous!
Hi Scarlett Z....all of the excess skin is gone it was really just swelling from the pulled SMAS muscle that freaked me out a bit, you can see what I call excess skin in my 48 hour after pic's in my profile right at the top. The dimpling on my incision line is on the left side of my face right below the hair line and you can see it on my day 23 pic's it"s the fourth pic I believe. That too is slowly going away. My Dr told me some of these will disappear over the next few months so I am just continuing with the hot compresses and massages...every day is an improvement. I am very pleased with my results. My yaw line is particular, its just amazing...years off my look. I am now 36 days post op and am very pleased with my results. My Dr was and continues to be excellent. I will be taking some new pics soon and post again but I can highly recommend the surgery and my surgeon. Thank you too for your nice compliment on my look. Hope my answer is helpful.
Wow! Definitely jawline looking great. I love your smile! Thank you for your posts! They continue to encourage me.

Still Happy With My Results

Day 36-37 post op....very much still like my results. Every day is an improvement...there is still some healing taking place as my Dr has told me. There is some bunching along some of the incision lines and some areas on the left eye that are still improving. I had posted a question and pics on the surgeon forum and all the replies I received from the surgeons, both LSL and non-LSL surgeons, all agreed (and my surgeon had communicated the same to me as well) that what I am experiencing is all part of the normal healing process and that all should be resolved within 3-6 months. While that is a longer time frame than what I had expected from the total healing process, these comments were encouraging and eased my concerns. So I am just sitting back and relaxing...continuing with my hot compresses and daily massages to help it along. Also when I wear makeup and in day light....the issues that still concern me are hardly if at all visible! I will be posting new pics soon as I see more improvement. I can highly recommend LSL and my surgeon in particular.

6 weeks post up today June 12-13

All right here are some updated pics with makeup today, exactly 6 weeks post op. Again so far so good. Lift is still good....as one would hope, no yowling to date. The tell tell sign for me was always when I looked down. Judge for yourself and I welcome comments.
Funny Face: Things seem to be going well for you. My personal opinion is that the vast majority of the LSL patients are happy with their results. You know what the say about how many more people the unhappy customer tells than the happy ones do.
Hi Connie Lea, thank you. And I totally agree with your statement about the happy and unhappy customer. When I first got on this blog I saw a lot of negative feedback and I would say over and over happy people often don't post, they get their work done and move on, the unhappy ones spend their entire time on these sites telling anyone who would listen how bad it was. That does not mean what they experienced isn't real and that they should not say what is on their mind. I made the decision then to post regular updates and report on my recovery. So if all goes well, everyone will see and if it doesn't hold up...well then everyone will see that too. So far so good...wish it didn't take quite so long for the final full healing...but as they say...it is what it is:)

yowling or jowling)....and that is the question...for me at least...kidding!

Hope everyone gets a good laugh...one day I may figure out how to spell jowling correct....then again maybe never hahaha!!!!!
The only thing I don't understand after reading some reviews why the prices are. So different from one office region to others some patients get more done with less $ and others like me charged moe and did not get the laser
Hi Vanit, not sure why yours would be much different. Some areas are more expensive cost of living wise and that could be a reason. I don't see any data on your profile how much you paid and what you got or pic's....are you happy with your results?
Funnyface, nice new photos!!! Yes, please continue to post. I just set my calendar reminder for one year: so I will do it too.

Jowling Returning

I am almost 3 month post op and now I see things that concern me. Here are pics I took this morning. I am not happy with what I see especially on the left side...the jowling is returning.

I have contacted my Doc who has so far always been very responsive and fantastic. Lets see what he says about it...I am guessing revision...but lets see. I'll keep everyone posted!

Jowling Returning Post July 17th

Correction in the write up I say left side, I mean right side, the pics are correct. When you look closely you see a kind of chipmunk look I had talked about before but now you can see a line underneath it which is the onset of jowling...it is not as bad as before the surgery but it is there and I think way to soon for this to show it should not be there.

I also understand that with ANY facelift revisions are NOT uncommon so I do not want to say at this point anyway its all that LSL does not work...I am still pleased with the overall results but I think a little tweaking might be required in my case.

More to come.
I m three months ago and same with so I see the dr on august
Hi Vanit, can you post pictures so we can see what you are concerned with? Thanks
Hi Funnyface, I am so sorry to see you might need a revision. I still have some issues underneath my chin and on my left jawline I hope will resolve. Please let us all know when your Dr. returns your call.

Dr Conversation Update to July 17th post

So I communicated with my Doc, I sent him pics on his cell and he felt that it was the angle the pics were taking or it may just be perspective but he would be willing to discuss when I see him for the scar bunching removal with laser in Aug.

Again my Doc has always been responsive and willing to address my concerns.
Not sure however about a revision with the same exact procedure, I am thinking that if it didn't work right the first time why would it the next. It is my understanding that it is the mid face that LSL does not address and that this is the reason persons see yowling returning early in the healing process. Another reason that I read complaints about is that LSL takes short cuts on the neck portion of the procedure...not sure what the fix would be for that with LSL.

I will say that when I play around with pulling at different angles, when I ever so slightly push the skin in under the chin into the neck the bulging chipmunk look goes away...so may be it is the neck. Anyway I will show this to the Doc and ask him what he says. I am hopeful that maybe a little neck tweak is the answer, the thought of going through this whole thing again is not appealing and I would think very hard if I would want to do that or rather get a full lift that addresses the mid face as well.

In closing, again, I am not entirely unhappy just very concerned that this lift will not hold. More to come.
I already sent one comment, don't know if it came through yet! I went back and looked at ur pics and u definitely had more definition in your jawline within the first couple weeks after ur surgery! I do see that u r starting to get jowling back. Sorry for this, I am going through the same thing. Not only going through the pain but then to not have any improvement after all the suffering plus the cost the procedure could have been a nice down payment on a new car. Keep the comments coming, I am interested in knowing how u will be taken care of.
Hi Funnyface50, I had this procedure done on May 26 and I like u am now seeing a return of my jowls! Not as bad as it was before but 2 weeks after my surgery u could see such definition of my jawline, it was beautiful, but the more time that goes on the loosening of my skin seems to be happening!! The doctor tried to tell me it is fatty tissue, whatever, if I am not satisfied and nothing is done I will dispute everything. I also had the laser which was intensely painful and I see absolutely no results. They showed pics of people with deep lines and under eye bags and everything disappeared. Not so in my case, my skin may look a little brighter but all the things I wanted to address are still there. I also would like a revision but will not go through all the pain for nothing again.
Hi Clarissa, I totally agree. I think what is really going on is that the initial swelling hides what didn't work. I look at my day 11 pics and they to me look the best, then little by little as the swelling subsides you see that areas that we wanted to tighten are not, its just really strange. I think that is what they talk about when they say that LSL does not work or last. I would say that it works to some extend but not to the extend that we would hope and expect and that is probably just the flaw with that procedure overall. When wake up in the morning I like may face the best, you know that morning puffiness hides that weird look then as the day progresses it doesn't look as good. Again I see improvement, I now longer have the deep lower face jowling that really aged me but those damn chipmunk looking things are driving me nuts:)...well we'll see. As with the laser I see some improvement on skin but I had very good skin to begin with and that does not concern me as much...chemical peels though,I think are better in the long run. Right now my first concern is the revisions on some scaring I have one on my left eyelid where the sutures opened up and the incision above my ear on that same side that has some bunching, this will be addressed in Aug...on the eye I am waiting a bit longer. I will discuss my jowling concerns with the Doc then and we'll see what actions I will take at that point. Do you have any pics you could post, I think they are very helpful for others to see. All the best and thank you for your comments.

3 Months check in

Well here it is at three months. Again not entirely unhappy but not happy either...somewhere in between. I welcome feedback but from what I can see the yowling is returning...what a drag...so sad...!!! Please however no comments such as you got what you paid for...I don't really need that right now. You will notice that you can see the yowling more in some light than in other lights...looking down still looks ok and smiling looks ok too.
Dr. Dahiya did my lift 6 years ago and I still love the way I look....almost the same as 6 years ago...neck aged a bit and a little around my eyes...
Funny face .. I've read all the previous comments & noticed that you haven't responded as you had promised after your August follow up. What has happened? Are you okay? How did the LSL surgeon respond to your concerns? In reviewing your photos I could definitely see that the right side of your face had a drooping appearance. What options did LSL propose? Will there be any additional expense on your part? I appreciate any response on your part & hope that the lack of follow up suggest everything was resolved to your satisfaction. Thanks
Hi KayDC, thank you for your inquiry. Actually the only reason I have not posted anything is that I have just been so incredibly busy and I just have not gotten around to it. I am actually very pleased with my results overall. I have had a few laser follow ups to correct some scaring on my eye and on the side...it's mostly resolved but I may need one or two more treatments before it is all done. Dr Dahia, has been fantastic and has agreed to see me and work with me until all issues are resolved. As I am coming up on a year now, I have to say I really see an immense difference and I think he has taken 10 years of my face easy. I have read that the total healing process is about a year and I think that is correct. I have taken some new pics today and will try to post them later for all to see. I think a lot of what goes on is that we really don't know what to expect and you go through quite a bit when you heal and it freaks you out at times. At least in hind sight that is what went on with me. Having said all that I am very happy with the results and will see Dr D for other work I want done in the future. All the best and more to come.
Washington Facial Plastic Surgeon

Very good Dr... the only negative comment I have is the statement that the healing time is 2 weeks...it is more than that.