I am 50 yrs of age and didn't like the jowl's I...

I am 50 yrs of age and didn't like the jowl's I had developed. Had LSL, Laser and Upper Eyes done at Dr Dahiya's office in Reston VA. So far I like what I see...still healing..but so far so good. All in all I can recommend Dr Dahiya and his office in Reston, VA. You healed for the most part in about 2 weeks but total healing time is longer that that possibly a month or more.

Day 20 with and without makeup

Here are several pics with and without makeup on day 20.

Day 23 pics and Dec 2012 video clip

Here are some day 23 pics with no make up and also a short video clip from Dec 2012, there you can see the yowling that drove me nuts. I wish I had taken pictures of me looking down and scrunching my mouth prior to the surgery....it was really bad...so keep doing that now and I don't see what I used to see and that is good. You all can compare and let me know what you think.

Video Clip Day 23 - did not load-sorry

Looks like the Video I tried to post didn't work...I'll have to enlist realself's help and see if they can post it....I don't know what the imbedded code is I guess:) Oh well not as computer savvy as I thought:)

Video Clip converted to picture format

Ok so I finally figured out how to take a snap shot of that video that shows my yowls...this was taken in Dec 2012...then I am also uploading a couple pics this evening...I am a little red as it seems that at the end of the day it still shows up a bit more from the laser. However the comparison I am trying to show is the lower part of the mouth and the neck etc...as you can see there is no more yowling. I tried to duplicate the look in the pic this evening so you can see a good comparison of the before and after...so not very attractive pics but I think they serve their purpose.

Day 8 pic for Connie

I am posting this for a fellow LSL person to see how I wrapped gauze with the chin strap after stitches were removed, I also makes it more comfortable to wear...I still use it when wearing it at night. This is the day the stitched were removed.

Here is day 8 pics (previous post about day 8 pic incorrect is actaully a day 6 pic)

Ok so I just posted a day 8 pic which actually was day 6 which still had stitches, tried to show how I wrapped the gauze in that pic...unfortunately I can only edit the comment on the pic but not the comments on the title or info. Here are now Day 9 pic with the stitches removed, make up and glasses...sorry for any confusion. Also additionally day 11 pics without makeup.

Day 27 Still happy:)

Here is another pic, with full makeup. Love my new yaw line...it's simply amazing what my Dr was able to do for me....

Still Happy With My Results

Day 36-37 post op....very much still like my results. Every day is an improvement...there is still some healing taking place as my Dr has told me. There is some bunching along some of the incision lines and some areas on the left eye that are still improving. I had posted a question and pics on the surgeon forum and all the replies I received from the surgeons, both LSL and non-LSL surgeons, all agreed (and my surgeon had communicated the same to me as well) that what I am experiencing is all part of the normal healing process and that all should be resolved within 3-6 months. While that is a longer time frame than what I had expected from the total healing process, these comments were encouraging and eased my concerns. So I am just sitting back and relaxing...continuing with my hot compresses and daily massages to help it along. Also when I wear makeup and in day light....the issues that still concern me are hardly if at all visible! I will be posting new pics soon as I see more improvement. I can highly recommend LSL and my surgeon in particular.

6 weeks post up today June 12-13

All right here are some updated pics with makeup today, exactly 6 weeks post op. Again so far so good. Lift is still good....as one would hope, no yowling to date. The tell tell sign for me was always when I looked down. Judge for yourself and I welcome comments.

yowling or jowling)....and that is the question...for me at least...kidding!

Hope everyone gets a good laugh...one day I may figure out how to spell jowling correct....then again maybe never hahaha!!!!!

Jowling Returning

I am almost 3 month post op and now I see things that concern me. Here are pics I took this morning. I am not happy with what I see especially on the left side...the jowling is returning.

I have contacted my Doc who has so far always been very responsive and fantastic. Lets see what he says about it...I am guessing revision...but lets see. I'll keep everyone posted!

Jowling Returning Post July 17th

Correction in the write up I say left side, I mean right side, the pics are correct. When you look closely you see a kind of chipmunk look I had talked about before but now you can see a line underneath it which is the onset of jowling...it is not as bad as before the surgery but it is there and I think way to soon for this to show it should not be there.

I also understand that with ANY facelift revisions are NOT uncommon so I do not want to say at this point anyway its all that LSL does not work...I am still pleased with the overall results but I think a little tweaking might be required in my case.

More to come.

Dr Conversation Update to July 17th post

So I communicated with my Doc, I sent him pics on his cell and he felt that it was the angle the pics were taking or it may just be perspective but he would be willing to discuss when I see him for the scar bunching removal with laser in Aug.

Again my Doc has always been responsive and willing to address my concerns.
Not sure however about a revision with the same exact procedure, I am thinking that if it didn't work right the first time why would it the next. It is my understanding that it is the mid face that LSL does not address and that this is the reason persons see yowling returning early in the healing process. Another reason that I read complaints about is that LSL takes short cuts on the neck portion of the procedure...not sure what the fix would be for that with LSL.

I will say that when I play around with pulling at different angles, when I ever so slightly push the skin in under the chin into the neck the bulging chipmunk look goes away...so may be it is the neck. Anyway I will show this to the Doc and ask him what he says. I am hopeful that maybe a little neck tweak is the answer, the thought of going through this whole thing again is not appealing and I would think very hard if I would want to do that or rather get a full lift that addresses the mid face as well.

In closing, again, I am not entirely unhappy just very concerned that this lift will not hold. More to come.

3 Months check in

Well here it is at three months. Again not entirely unhappy but not happy either...somewhere in between. I welcome feedback but from what I can see the yowling is returning...what a drag...so sad...!!! Please however no comments such as you got what you paid for...I don't really need that right now. You will notice that you can see the yowling more in some light than in other lights...looking down still looks ok and smiling looks ok too.
Washington Facial Plastic Surgeon

Very good Dr... the only negative comment I have is the statement that the healing time is 2 weeks...it is more than that.

Funny face .. I've read all the previous comments & noticed that you haven't responded as you had promised after your August follow up. What has happened? Are you okay? How did the LSL surgeon respond to your concerns? In reviewing your photos I could definitely see that the right side of your face had a drooping appearance. What options did LSL propose? Will there be any additional expense on your part? I appreciate any response on your part & hope that the lack of follow up suggest everything was resolved to your satisfaction. Thanks
Hi KayDC, thank you for your inquiry. Actually the only reason I have not posted anything is that I have just been so incredibly busy and I just have not gotten around to it. I am actually very pleased with my results overall. I have had a few laser follow ups to correct some scaring on my eye and on the side...it's mostly resolved but I may need one or two more treatments before it is all done. Dr Dahia, has been fantastic and has agreed to see me and work with me until all issues are resolved. As I am coming up on a year now, I have to say I really see an immense difference and I think he has taken 10 years of my face easy. I have read that the total healing process is about a year and I think that is correct. I have taken some new pics today and will try to post them later for all to see. I think a lot of what goes on is that we really don't know what to expect and you go through quite a bit when you heal and it freaks you out at times. At least in hind sight that is what went on with me. Having said all that I am very happy with the results and will see Dr D for other work I want done in the future. All the best and more to come.
Hi KayDC, see my last post and reply to your question below. I am very pleased with my results now almost 1 year post op.
You look great!
Hi Funnyface, sorry u r still not satisfied!! U do not need a full face lift!! Maybe a little nip and tuck under the chin area!! I am going through exactly the same thing except I have scar tissue under my chin where they did the liposuction. Still lumpy hard and it looks like scarring? I am actually disputing on the payments! So far only out 2,700.00 but I am hoping to get that back. I had the laser treatment and it did not address any of the issues I had hoped? My friends actually told me that my skin looks worse since the treatment!! Not good. My neck lift and lipo was 6,700 and then they charged an additional 2,200 for the laser. I am not happy with anything and I am at the 3 month point now. I also have some of a double chin and some jowling back. I just don't think I can handle a revision and go through all this again. Good Luck to u and keep us updated. Wait 10 more years for a full facelift, u r too young and u don't need it.

Thanks for your update! Sorry you're not super happy right now. Curious what "yowling" is...

Hi Angie, I guess I have two ways to spell jowling and yowling for me interchangeable :). It's been quite a ride. Hard for me to give LSL 2 thumbs up.....I think there is definite improvement...but not enough. In my case now I just want the residual scaring gone...that would be a start...then in the next step for me will be full face lift...no more short cuts!!!! More to come.

Okay, got it! I thought maybe it was some term I hadn't heard before. I need to be up on all the facelift lingo, you know. :)

Angie, got it too....I just like to make things up as I go along:)
Omg, Funnyface. I am so sorry that you will eventually get a full face lift. Seems like a lot of healing and pain to go through not to be done with it. As always, I will watch for your updates.

LOL!

I know you have had some issues. How are they progressing? Has your surgeon been responsive? I am still pretty happy I think filler will take care of the areas that needs filling out. Sorry you may have to go through a revision. I am not sure I would be up to it.
Hi Connie Lea, thanks for checking in with me. Actually I had to postpone my appointment to Aug 22nd as I had some business priorities I need to tend to. At that point I will know more. I remain hopeful that something can be done to address my concerns. I am happy to hear that you are pleased with your work. Again thank you and I'll be back in touch.
I think you look great...I think it looks very natural...I still see a big difference
Hi Patticakes, thank you. What's your story by they way? Are planning on having work done?
Hi Funnyface, thanks for ur reply!! I do notice a difference in ur early days and ur later pics. U do have a little fat returning under ur chin and very slight jowling. I am having the same issues so I don't mean to insult u or make u feel bad, just want to be honest. I don't want u to hear what I hear when I go to the Dr's, u look great, did u look at ur before pics? I look better then my before pics, true, I still didn't look that bad to begin with, but I want to look like I did at the 2 week point, all sculpted and beautiful. The results r not lasting and I am not happy. I was told 10 years and I have heard others say that within 2 years their face is back to normal. U can get a full facelift for close to $10,000-$15,000 so if I knew this was the result I definitely would have taken the full facelift. I just didn't want to be in surgery for hours and be in the hospital and be out of work long term. This sounded like the perfect solution and my chin area was what bothered me the most so I didn't really think I needed a full face lift. I have heard ultherapy is suppose to be good and u don't even have to get cut and it cost about 2-$3,000. I would like to know how long that is suppose to last? I think they devise these products for short term because it makes them bigger money? I was actually think about the eye lift but I really don't think the people that have had them done look that improved. I had asked the Dr. about a chin implant because I do think that makes ur jawline look more pronounced and may last forever? I wish u nothing but the best and I hope everything works out for u. Keep me updated and I will also keep u updated.
Thank Clarissa, and I don't take offense to what you commented on about me. It actually reaffirms what I have seen. Oh, I have already seen my before pics and yes I indeed see improvement. But when you see negative changes at 14 weeks it is hard to see how this, whatever improvement, will last 10 years, 6 years or even 2 years. Also with a regular facelift the recovery is not that long. Just like with LSL you look very swollen an bruised for about one week to 10 days, then the bruising is gone but you have some swelling that slowly reduces just like with the LSL. The main difference with that surgery is the anesthesia, but again I was pretty drugged up when I had LSL and while I didn't go to sleep I certainly was worthless after the surgery. And a full facelift from my understanding is still an outpatient procedure where you usually go home that same day. So all in all again, LSL is a substandard procedure with substandard results and really not that inexpensive. In hind sight I would have forgone the laser, which was $2900, done the eyes and full facelift and probably paid about the same. On the comments with the eyes though I disagree with you, I have seen quite a few and the eyes really last a long time like 20 years, so I recommend it. But one should go to a surgeon that specializes only on the eyes. LSL does the skin removal and I could really see improvements from my before pics, but there is another underlying layer LSL typically does not do but from what I understand not everyone needs that. My eyes are not too bad aside from my suture opening up but I know that this can be fixed. All in all, I pulled the trigger to fast, should have done more research, should have found this site before the surgery and should have opted for a full face lift, maybe even with my Doc at his other office where he does REAL FULL facelifts. I am certainly to blame for my decision but I am saddened by my results, I bought the hype and was in the moment.....too emotional!!!!. I am usually so careful with big purchases but I totally lost my head here. Again all the best and I'll be in touch.
How is it going? I have actually asked to have the Naturlyn, the fat transfer in exchange for the laser treatment not working as good as I think it should, we shall see what happens and if the Dr. agrees? I have also decided not to pay anymore for the procedure until the issues r resolved? I paid a very large amount on a down payment and then monthly installments. My chin is the worse, all hard and lumpy but the jowling is still obvious and I don't even know if I would want a revision? If it didn't work the first time why would it work a second? I was told these procedures would last up to 10 years? How about u?
Hi Clarissa, I haven't been back to the Doc yet. I had to postpone my appt form the 15th to the 22nd because of a business event I need to attend. Much like you I am not sure what route I want to take. Some days I look at it and think OK if he can tweak this then it would be fine, but I also wonder if the same procedure would yield any improvement? I think there is a basic flaw with the procedure and that is what all the other surgeons talk about. You just cannot do a FL in a couple of hours. When you read what these Dr's talk about and how involved the procedure actually is you can see that what we get is a substandard quicky. There are probably quite a few people out there that are 100% satisfied but I am not one of them. But be careful about the not paying part. Not sure who you have your arrangement with but if you don't go about it the right way, they can ruin your credit and you don't want that. You may want to speak with an attorney before taking action on your own. Sometimes a letter from a lawyer may spark them to do something...I would ask for a complete refund, find another Doc and get an actual full facelift. I paid cash upfront for the whole thing so I am really screwed there with regards to the money part. But as I said the jury is still out for me, once I speak with my Doc, I'll have more feedback. All the best to you.
I wrote another comment under one of ur replies so I don't know if u saw it but I always love to read ur feedback and the feedback of everyone else. I would love to see someone who is totally satisfied for a change and not just partially satisfied. Everyone seems to want or need a revision? As far as the healing time being 2 weeks, I am still healing and I am over the 2 month period. Keep the comments coming, I love seeing the updates!!
Hi Clarissa, thank you very much....and rest assured the comments will keep coming:) As with regards to your experience, I think the best recourse you have is this site. Be sure to list your Doc on this site and rate...let the Doc know you are providing reviews on this and other sites and that you do expect to be completely satisfied....they often then do come around. This has got to be frustrating for them too. It is my understanding that the LSL Dr's are recruited in an area and are then under contract to perform the LSL surgery. I don't think they can divert or offer a different surgery if patients come in through their platform. Imagine what some of them are dealing with too...they are trained surgeons performing a surgery then fingers crossed the surgery works out. I wonder how many patients do come back for a revision? Eventually they do have cost, I run several businesses and you have cost and overhead etc, and profits to an outsider are misleading. If you have 10 patients and 8 need revisions you will go out of business. What you are most likely experiencing is that very thing...great yet another unhappy client...!!! Sadly she doesn't have the bedside manner to deal with the unhappy ones...so it is up to us to help her see the light...we are not going away until we are happy....and you are correct, either fix it or refund the money so we can go elsewhere and have it fixed. For the Dr's they need to take a closer look at the services they are providing under their LSL contract and question it! I know that my Dr has the ability to do a full face lift at his other clinic. I think that LSL should offer different options...i.e. LSL for the very few that it will benefit and a full face lift where the Dr can discuss both options, results and cost associated and the patient decides. I mentioned this in my LSL survey as well. Then no one can really be upset with the choice they make and the outcome. Not having that choice in the beginning and faced with unsatisfactory outcome is the problem. Lastly, LSL should be diligent to only recruit board certified facial plastic surgeons. In my case I at least did get that...but this practice of hiring ENT's or other specialty docs to perform facial plastic surgery is an outrage, and should never be done. I would think that LSL should be interested in that opinion, I would think it would lessen the unhappy clients, lawsuits and complaints etc if they simply did that. I would be happy to offer my consulting services on how to improve the LSL practice:). Once again all the best and I'll be in touch.
Thanks for ur response, my doctor is board certified! I was so hoping that I would be so happy with my results that I would have been willing to support LSL by telling everyone I know and even doing a commercial or working at the center telling everyone about my wonderful experience. I would have given them so much business. I have over 600 friends on Facebook and I also had friends waiting to hear about my experience so they could consider doing the procedures themselves. I happened to be the guinea pig. I figured I had nothing to lose and only good could come out of the experience. I, like u, am still not completely unhappy with my results, they r better then they were! I am now writing a letter to the Dr. and the next time I go for a visit I will drop it off to her. We will see where that leads? I will keep u updated!! Thanks for ur replies!!
I did my procedure 2 weeks ago. I am still happy with the result, but again with the swelling my face looks smooth without wrinkles. I am a little concern about my right side it looks like it was pulled too much. I will wait a little more to see if once the swelling goes down it will looks ok.
Hi Daisyborges, yes 2 weeks is way to early to tell how things will look. It takes at least 4 weeks plus for the majority of the swelling to subside. Once that happens you can see where you at. Glad to hear you are doing well and are overall pleased. Please take lots of pics and post when you are ready, they really help the community a lot. All the best.
I think you look great, but I can see what you are talking about if I look hard. To me, the jowling is not that noticeable: but you are the best judge regarding what you are happy with. I will mention, that the work I had done is not symmetrical (natural faces are not symmetrical either) but if your jowl sticks out in a way that is bothersome to you I would continue to pursue it. I struggle with the fact I look so much better after my LSL, chin implant and laser that I want to say I am totally satisfied but I still have a spot that sticks out and bothers me. It seems to be getting slightly better and I am told it will even out over time. I also wonder if now that I look better if my standards have gotten higher? I don't know, but I think there is a bit of psychology to this whole process. I personally don't know where to draw the "satisfied" line anymore. I just think it is totally weird that I feel I look almost the best I have looked in my whole adult life but I can't say I am "totally" satisfied. I think you look fantastic but you too, have the jowl issue where you can't be totally satisfied either. This is unfortunate, but hopefully, in the end we can be nudged over into the "totally" satisfied category with a little fine tuning.