Retin-A Progress - Reno, NV

I've been battling mild to moderate acne since I...

I've been battling mild to moderate acne since I was a teenager. I am now 24 years old and I was sick of still getting acne! I mainly suffer from hormonal acne and break out around my chin/mouth region. Of course I am like most people who tried nearly everything in their teens to no avail. For a few years I used Duac gel which worked wonders for awhile... until it completely stopped working. I have read this to be a common issue with the Duac gel and its effectiveness over longer periods of time. Because I am in my mid 20s now I decided to try a Retin-A. My doctor prescribed Tretinoin 0.05% to apply once a night to my troubled areas.
I have to admit that when I first started using Tretinoin it was a nightmare. I broke out more for a few weeks and had insane peeling from all the dryness. I pushed through this phase though because I was told the benefits were great but they just took some time. I eventually decided to switch to applying it 3 times a week instead of every single night, and this helped a lot with the peeling dryness issue. I have been taking photographs of my progress from the beginning to see how much improvement there has been. So far I am about three months into using Tretinoin and have started to see a pretty significant improvement over the last month. (I have also been spot-treating any zits that I do get with 10% benzoyl peroxide gel from Clean and Clear). I will upload some before/after photos soon!

Photos

The first photo is at week 1 and the second photo is at week 7. They were both taken with flash, but I guess the first photo got washed out. I hope they're still helpful!
Dr.Desai