Retin-A Progress - Reno, NV

I've been battling mild to moderate acne since I...

I've been battling mild to moderate acne since I was a teenager. I am now 24 years old and I was sick of still getting acne! I mainly suffer from hormonal acne and break out around my chin/mouth region. Of course I am like most people who tried nearly everything in their teens to no avail. For a few years I used Duac gel which worked wonders for awhile... until it completely stopped working. I have read this to be a common issue with the Duac gel and its effectiveness over longer periods of time. Because I am in my mid 20s now I decided to try a Retin-A. My doctor prescribed Tretinoin 0.05% to apply once a night to my troubled areas.
I have to admit that when I first started using Tretinoin it was a nightmare. I broke out more for a few weeks and had insane peeling from all the dryness. I pushed through this phase though because I was told the benefits were great but they just took some time. I eventually decided to switch to applying it 3 times a week instead of every single night, and this helped a lot with the peeling dryness issue. I have been taking photographs of my progress from the beginning to see how much improvement there has been. So far I am about three months into using Tretinoin and have started to see a pretty significant improvement over the last month. (I have also been spot-treating any zits that I do get with 10% benzoyl peroxide gel from Clean and Clear). I will upload some before/after photos soon!

Photos

The first photo is at week 1 and the second photo is at week 7. They were both taken with flash, but I guess the first photo got washed out. I hope they're still helpful!
Dr.Desai

Great review! Youre skin will be even clearer after a year of consistent use. What type of acne do you have?
Thanks I'm glad to hear that! I have blackheads especially around my nose area, and papules which appear mostly around my mouth/chin area. Since starting I've seen a decrease in at least 50% of my acne so I'm very excited for it to keep improving.
My acne is very similar, oily t-zone, blackheads (ugh!) but they seem to be going away. Im much more confident about going makeup free now but I dont know if its because my skin is clearer or because I had gotten used to being pizzafaced in public! So idk but its good to not worry as much anymore
I agree! I have finally gotten to switch to wearing BB creams and other more sheer foundations for the first time in years, and not have to worry about covering things up. I'm glad to hear you're getting the same confidence back!
Yeah I just bought a bb foundation yesterday and am wearing it today. It is really nice! Which one do you use?
I started using the Tarte Amazonian Clay BB. I also have been a fan of Clinique products since they never seem to break me out/are non-comedogenic I've always liked the stay matte oil free sheer foundation. I used to use their acne foundation but have finally been able to switch lol
Oh I see