Hate my Neck Tattoo - Reno, NV

Have made some horrible decisions in my life...

Have made some horrible decisions in my life especially with tattoos. I'm an ex gang member and drug user. I've made a drastic change in my life in the last 5 years. Glad to say I'm clean and sober and a Father to my children. Anyway I wanted to share my progress in my laser tattoo removal journey. I've bought a package of 12 sessions for my forearm which is almost completely black ink (really horrible cover up) will post picture when I have more sessions in. I bought 6 for my neck. I really wasn't happy at first with my first 2 sessions because my technician had me at a very low fluence but bumped it up on my last visit 3 days ago after I voiced my concerns. But I feel it worked better almost immediately. I'm at a 3.0 she started at 1.5??? Here's some pics I'll keep posted throughout my process

Hate my neck tattoo

4th session

Seeing great results

Just had my 4th session on my neck and I'm seeing great results!!

5th session

Making progress, the shading and lines are breaking up nicely!
Thanks for the update, great results...congrats! Keep us posted :)
congratulations on your sobriety. Your removal process seems to be coming along quite well, fading is evident. Good luck. aloha...k
Wow! Great results so far!
It is fading nicely! Hopefully soon it will be completely gone!
Congratulations on turning your life around. I'm really pleased for you. If I'm right, we don't see many neck tattoos around here so it'll be interesting to see how you get on. Please keep us updated and good luck. :-)
Good luck man. Kudos to the change of life. May the tat removal gods grant you full removal :) Black and grey on head/neck tend to remove quickly so you've got that going! As far as your arm goes, do a google search for palmers tattoo removal (i think its them) but someone in AU was able to lighten a completely blacked out arm in four treatments. Head high, my friend. It's just a waiting game from here on out.
Thanks. Yeah I'm definitely noticing the change on my neck. My arm is so saturated with ink I'm afraid it'll take longer for me to see significant results.
My first two treatments were at 2.0 and she tested some spots at 3 and thought that the frosting seemed as good at 2, so left it there to avoid damaging the skin unnecessarily. My practitioner said higher settings are used mainly as the treatments are piling up, because you have to reach the deeper layers of ink in the skin, and this needs more energy.
I'm currently at 3.0 and will be getting bumped up each time I go from now on. Question I do have is, she (technician) was talking about going all the way up to 10.0 which quite frankly sounded way too high. Though I'm not sure what fluence levels are safe
Also anybody know the deal on larger spot size? I've spoke to different people (laser tattoo techs) and read different articles saying the bigger the spot size the better. Though my technician said that wasn't true that the smaller the better???
Welcome to the community :) Congrats on pulling yourself up and making and maintaining positive changes in your life, that takes a very courageous and strong person. Your new journey begins and I am glad you are sharing it with us. My laser was set at the very lowest setting on my first treatment (1.8 I think, every laser is different) It was increased by .5 each time, or even possibly 1 full notch. Every treatment was so different. My review is Blackberry11 if you want to check it out. Below are some other helpful resources for you, feel free to browse the site, connect with others, make yourself at home!
Laser Tattoo Removal: 10 Things You Should Know Before Getting Your Tattoo Removed