Invisalign Treatment - Reno, NV

Let me first start out by saying that I am a 23...

Let me first start out by saying that I am a 23 year old female who has had braces prior to my Invisalign treatment. I had braces about a decade ago to straighten my teeth, but my overbite was never fixed. Over the years a couple of my teeth have also gotten crooked due to some overcrowding, so I decided to get Invisalign to fix both my overbite and over crowded teeth.
Before I jumped into any treatment, I actually went to three different dentists to get their quotes on price, treatment, duration etc. I definitely recommend "shopping" around and getting multiple consultations. I was told anywhere from six months of Invisalign to two years of regular braces! I picked my dentist based on their ability to work with me on what I wanted to achieve and in a realistic time frame (1 year 5 months). I will upload a few pictures that were taken during my first and second tray so you can see what I am starting with. In the photos you can see I have attachments (17 of them!) and also elastics. I am currently on tray 8/37.
Overall I have had a really good experience with Invisalign so far. I have had a few attachments fall off and had to get used to wiggling teeth, but I am still so grateful to be doing this. I chose Invisalign mainly for vanity reasons of not wanting people to notice and also not wanting to feel like a teenager again. So far it has been working nicely!

Feel free to ask me any questions you have regarding my Invisalign treatment and process. I'll add more photos soon and try to give better details.

Photos

I just wanted to add these photos showing the digital version of my teeth (with attachments) from start to projected finish.

Tray #14/37

I haven't added any newer photos yet because all of the teeth that are getting moved around are in the far back. I am starting to get noticeable gaps between my molars though. The one annoying thing about this is that food constantly gets stuck back there and I have to floss a lot more often. I'll add the photo of what my ClinCheck looks like at #14.
I can't wait until my teeth in the front finally start moving around! I think that starts around tray #18.

Strange problems with tray #14!

So I put in set #14 last night on schedule, and quickly noticed a problem. The top right didn't fit! The bottom aligners fit fine, but the top feels like it was built for someone else's teeth on that side. I tried to get the right side to click into my attachments and fit but instead it just hung down refusing to fit properly. I have been very good about wearing my aligners and elastics, so I wondered if it was some sort of strange manufacturing error. Curious, I put in set #15 on the top and sure enough they fit perfectly! I wasn't sure what I should do since 13 fit good, 14 didn't at all, and 15 does! I called the orthodontist office and luckily I was able to reach someone to ask. They said if I could get 15 to fit properly without any problems I should wear that one for 3 weeks and then come in to make sure everything is still moving along smoothly. They told me another woman at their office just experienced this same problem last week with one of her aligners! Still very weird that #14 was so messed up. I've only come across a few cases online where this has happened. I suppose skipping #14 on the top will make my upper teeth hurt a lot the next few days.

6 Month Update

I can't believe it's been a little over six months since I started Invisalign! The time has really flown by. In about another month from now I'll be halfway through my treatment (not counting refinements). The biggest changes I have noticed over the last several months are my arches widening, my top molars/bicuspids have been moving back, and my overbite has already improve some. I thought I'd add a photo of my current bite now with the aligners out. You can also see some of my attatchments up close.
Dr. D'Ascoli

Very nice!  Your smile already looks a lot like the final ClinCheck!.  If you get a chance, could you show us a side-view?  It's sometimes easier to see the bite improvements on a profile (jaw closed, but showing teeth).
Beautiful results already!  Congratulations--things are moving along very nicely indeed!
Thanks! I'm most excited for those darn front teeth to start moving already lol
That's so cool.  How can you find exactly the right ClinCheck to know which goes with which tray?  Did they give you labeled pictures or…?  That would be so useful for others!
I actually just paused the video from the very beginning and slowly drag the entire clip until I counted 14 movements or however many I'm wanting to look at. Sometimes I have to do it a couple of times to make sure it's the right number as some of my teeth movements are harder to notice than others. When I get to whatever one I want to look at, I just take a screen shot. They should really consider labeling the numbers on the video though because it would be a much easier way to tell lol
A fabulous workaround!  And I agree--they should label it.  But they always talk about how they can't guarantee exact movement and stuff, so maybe they don't want people to rely too heavily on it.  Our teeth never move exactly as projected.

I'm sorry about the last aligner not fitting well, though.  I've read that happening more than once here on RealSelf, but it didn't happen to me--at least not that I noticed.  There were definitely some trays that didn't want to fit on at first, but they always fit after a few days.  I think I'd have been so confused in your situation, since I wasn't on RealSelf yet then!  Good thing you got ahold of your doctor!
That's a very good point about the movements. I feel like my teeth have been moving along pretty accurately to the ClinCheck, but I suppose you never really know until the final result. I'm wondering if this is also why they add in the refinements at the end? I just took a quick look at your Invisalign progress and your teeth look so amazing! I'm still not even halfway through my treatment but I'm looking forward to the end result.
Thanks :).  And yeah, that's why they allow for mid-course corrections and refinements.  They know that everything isn't predictable and they want people to be happy with their final results :)!  I've been on here for a while, but I still find it fascinating and exciting, watching people's results emerge :D.
I am getting attachments similar to yours in placement and also elastics. I'm super nervous as I've been wearing the trays without visibility for six weeks. Do people comment a lot ?
I've only had a few people notice mine, and that's only if i'm talking to them for awhile up close. Usually it's the elastics that they see, not the attachments. I'm guessing it depends what teeth the elastics will be worn on. When my aligners are off such as at a restaurant, i've never had anyone notice them (the attachments).
Thank you for your reply. You have really nice teeth starting out! I will look forward to seeing your final result. Thanks again.
Not trying to be a know it all, but I think you need those "chewies" to properly seat your aligners. If you think they are hard to detect now.......they will be totally invisible then. Good luck, you have beautiful teeth.
Yeah I was never given any chewies! don't know if that's because I have 17 attachments so my aligners "click" in, or if those would still help?
In your pic that is captioned "this angle shows the....", there is an air gap between the alingers and the bottom or top edge of your teeth. There should be no "air gap." Aligned should fit like a second skin to work properly.
Hi!  And thank you for starting your story here with us :D.  I was studying your ClinCheck--it looks like they're trying to broaden both of your arches significantly, is that true?

I wanted to introduce you to a few others in the community (though there are lots more--so feel free to look around at your leisure (: ).

Crooky24 and Klinden95 are newer members and around your age, I think.

Lately, we've also had lots of Invisaligners with elastics/rubber bands.  Our currently active ones areNadinellianaHenryZKatherine87monosyllabicgirl, and martino416.

I hope you find support in our community, and I look forward to following your progress :D.
Thanks for the info on the other members getting similar treatment to mine! I am also getting my arches broadened. I was told my bottom arch is getting widened even more than the top, because my first molars were actually starting to tilt inward.
Oy!  Yeah, that could make chewing a huge bother!  So glad to hear you're getting all of this taken care of now :).  Have you already had your wisdom teeth removed, BTW?
Yes I'm very glad to be doing Invisalign and that my bite will hopefully be much improved! I do notice that with each aligner my bite changes from the one before it. I did have my wisdom teeth removed when I was 16.