I Know It is Going to Be Worth It All! - Reno, NV

I was motivated to get my eyelids done and when I...

I was motivated to get my eyelids done and when I went to a consultation I was told that I basically needed a browlift. I was becoming very unhappy with the way my lower face and chin were starting to sag, and my neck was becoming very crepey. I decided that if I were going to do the brow lift that I should just do the whole thing. This will be a one time thing for me. I consulted the best plastic surgeon in Reno, Nv. It would be expensive, however, I was assured that it would look very natural and not fake, which was important to me. I did not want to appear stretched or surprised looking. I am a very active 58 yr. old who stays in good shape, has a big place to care for, a wonderful husband, 2 horses, dog, cat, big garden, I eat super healthy, and I am on the Wiley Protocol hormone replacement therapy. I just did not like what I saw in the mirror, as it did not reflect how I really felt.

My procedure was done on June 11, 2013, just 16 days ago. I am already very happy with my results and I know that I am only partly healed.

My husband and I stayed 2 nights in Reno while I had my surgery and then went back the following morning to my Dr.'s office. It was rough the 1st night, as I had a lot of nausea from the anesthetic. My poor husband, was up all night with me, bringing me ice, water, and giving me my pills. I don't believe that either one of us thought it would be that hard. After we got home, there was not a lot of pain. I didn't take the percocet that I was given after 2 days, only Tylenol. I also used arnica topically and in the pill form and Vitamin K cream. I iced religiously for about 5 days, and slept almost sitting up on several pillows. I was tired, but that went away after a week and a half. My ears are all healed up in front and I am now using a scar cream called "Corneum." Tomorrow I go back to see my Dr.

things are healing so nicely

My husband just got home after 10 days away with his brother. The last time I saw him I was a swollen mess and now I am much better.

I am healing super well, starting to use my scar cream "Biocorneum"

I went to see my Dr. yesterday and we were both so excited! He is the best Dr. with such a great personality, bedside manner, and very funny. My husband came home yesterday and was "WOW" Very happy and thrilled.

3 weeks after Browlift, facelict, necklift and lower eyelids

Everything almost healed. My brow lift has been the biggest deal for me. The front part of my head is very numb, my forehead is itchy, but gaining feeling back. The scariest part is that my hair is shedding. My doctor said that it is due to the shock of the surgery and the anesthesia. It doesn't happen to everyone, but it happening to me. I am now taking extra hair supplements, Biotin and Zinc. I am trying to not comb and brush much. I believe this may go on for at least 3 mos. I am a "hat girl" so it is not unusual to see with a hat anyway. Going to actually go for a walk with my husband today and a Farmers Market in another small town. Party on Sunday...I think I'm ready!!!

It's been a little over 4 weeks and I'm getting back to my "real life"!

I am now out in the public. I've gone horseback riding twice this week, and to two parties last weekend. My ears have healed up really well and I am now putting the Biocorneum Scar Cream on them. I had wrapped under my chin a bit too tight and had made some abrasions which are healing nicely, but are still a bit red. You really can't notice my husband says, although of course I am sensitive about it. MY HAIR HAS QUIT FALLING OUT YAY!!!!! That was a toughie to see my hair coming out in wads. It mostly came out underneath on the sides and is very thin there, but I can see lots of new hairs on my scalp line coming out, so I'm sure that it will grow back in nicely. I am taking Biotin and Zinc for extra hair nutrients. I had to cut my hair about 3 inches, but that's ok. Next week I will take a "real" photo with my hair showing. My head is gaining a lot of it's feeling back, and of course is very itchy. My forehead was totally numb, but not anymore. I love my new face!

On Tuesday it will be 6 weeks from surgery

I am back to "real life", my upper head is still quite numb (and itchy!!!), my hair quit falling out after 3 weeks, BIG relief. I haven't colored my hair yet, but I am looking forward to that. I am super happy with the results. I went to a BBQ last weekend with people who have known me for over 10 years and all I got was "You look great!". I am going down to see my daughters on Monday and grandsons and I know they are going to say Wow.

My swelling is going away around my lower cheeks. The area where the endotines are in my upper forehead are quite tender, but I see lots of new hairs growing in there and I know that all the nerve endings are knitting back together, thus all the itchiness!!

3 months later today!

Well, I love my results. The numbness is now completely gone on my scalp and shoot is has been itching like crazy for about 3 weeks. I'm thinking that the more that I scratch the worse that I will make it. My hair is totally growing back in now and no more bald spots showing. That added insult to injury! So happy with the results, just can't wait for the itching to be gone... Any experience with this?

12 weeks into it

I just had Lasik so am not really wearing eye makeup. Appt to get brows and hair done next week. Lipstick tho! can't live without that! Anyway, face is all settling in and puffiness gone. Scars barely noticeable. Hoping these endotines in my scalp dissolve? They are sensitive. Very happy with results, don't look so crabby. However, I have never been photogenic so if I don't smile it's a disaster.
Reno Plastic Surgeon

He is amazing. I read all of the reviews on him and really could only find good things written about him. His office staff are very professional and helpful. I believe that he is an artist, and really cares. He is also very friendly and funny. He was voted "Best Plastic Surgeon" by Reno magazine.