Implant Removal and Mastopexy

Like most getting implants removed, I didn't care...

Like most getting implants removed, I didn't care for the look anymore. I never liked my implants, always found them too big and longed for the day to have them removed. I had a mastopexy performed at the same time.

I told Dr McCormack that I didn't care about size, I just wanted pretty. That is exactly what I got. She worked very hard to give me what I wanted and I appreciate the extra hour she took to rework them twice to get them just right. Dr McCormack does the life changing post weight loss surgeries. When I saw the before and after results she gave her full body lift patients, I knew she could give me what I desired in a new set of breasts. Her results are amazing.

The surgery is nothing pain wise compared to the original augmentation. I took pain pills for two days following the surgery and was able to switch to Tylenol. I have been able to take it very easy for almost two weeks and use my bandage to bind myself if I feel uncomfortable. Day 12 I did quite a bit more than I had been doing and had discomfort which required Tylenol. It's a relatively easy seeming surgery but it is still surgery so mentally you have to remember that physically you're still healing.

The first look I had of my breasts was a bit scary. They were swollen, bruised and a bit disfigured looking after being strapped into the post surgery bra. The bruising is still resolving and the scars are healing nicely. They continue to look better and better.

I am looking forward to buying new bras and bathing suits. Overall, it's good to look and feel like my "old, pre baby" self again!

As a reminder, check your doctor's credentials. I always make certain my doctors commit to the extra training board certification requires and capable of giving me the type of care I desire. Dr McCormack's office is a reflection of her and the nurses and staff are extremely caring and accommodating. When you are opting for surgery, it is never too much to ask of yourself to do your homework.

Reno Plastic Surgeon