I Showed my Hair Transplant to Another HT Doctor and He Said It Was the Worst He Had Seen in Years - Redondo Beach, CA

I did not get to see Dr. Umar until after his...

I did not get to see Dr. Umar until after his staff had already sedated me for surgery, and was not able to to give final informed consent about the hairline that was drawn which is supposed to be the norm according to my consults with other physicians. Outcome of surgery thus far has been subpar. I have consulted other physicians in hopes of repairing what seems to have been poor work, and they all concur that the work was designed and executed poorly. I will most likely now live the rest of my life with a scarred forehead and scalp with little to no recourse due to Californias biased malpractice laws.

hairline of unhappiness

Redondo Beach Dermatologic Surgeon

As a doctor who advertises himself as the victim of a poor hair transplant in the past, I am disappointed to have received a poor hair transplant from him. In hindsight he never answered my questions via email regarding realistic expectations, and the work he performed has been unanimously reviewed by the other hair transplant physicians I have seen since then as poor at best. Dr. Umar has ruined my life.

Wow. I am sorry to read about your experience. I was considering Dr. Umar (I live in LA) but his prices are excessive and the consultations are done over e-mails or for a fee. I met another doctor in the 310 area in which I will most likely proceed with my FUE surgery. Best of luck.
Hope you are doing well Bones25.
My patients come from very far to see me because I take great pride in my work. Clearly, we are far apart relative to how we view the facts about your procedure. We are comfortable that the facts support our view. Your review says that you are 6 months post surgery. It takes a full year for you to see your results. I would urge you to hang tight for a year until you do anything drastic. Please have your other HT doctors call me if they have questions. The standard practice in HT medicine is to wait a year before doing another procedure. I don't believe that you need another procedure, as most of our patients never do. Our standard practice is to have patients send photos every three months to monitor their progress. If a patient has concerns, I urge them to come into the office to visit me. Please contact my office to setup an appointment so that we can check up on your progress.
You are more than welcome to contact Dr. Cole of Atlanta, GA, to discuss this matter with him over the phone. He should have already attempted to contact your office.