I Showed my Hair Transplant to Another HT Doctor and He Said It Was the Worst He Had Seen in Years - Redondo Beach, CA

I did not get to see Dr. Umar until after his...

I did not get to see Dr. Umar until after his staff had already sedated me for surgery, and was not able to to give final informed consent about the hairline that was drawn which is supposed to be the norm according to my consults with other physicians. Outcome of surgery thus far has been subpar. I have consulted other physicians in hopes of repairing what seems to have been poor work, and they all concur that the work was designed and executed poorly. I will most likely now live the rest of my life with a scarred forehead and scalp with little to no recourse due to Californias biased malpractice laws.

hairline of unhappiness

SLAPP suit

Dr and legal team filed SLAPP suit to get me to drop civil suit.
Redondo Beach Dermatologic Surgeon

As a doctor who advertises himself as the victim of a poor hair transplant in the past, I am disappointed to have received a poor hair transplant from him. In hindsight he never answered my questions via email regarding realistic expectations, and the work he performed has been unanimously reviewed by the other hair transplant physicians I have seen since then as poor at best. Dr. Umar has ruined my life.

Wow , Now did you say $20000 ?? why , this is just way way to much ..for any type of HT... Guys i have been doing a lot of research and i have met some doctors it seems the best HT doctors are in Turkey , you will have to do your research and find the best , some of them have videos on youtube, you can go there with 3 day stay and the HT treatment for under $2500 .. and be done with it ... NO DOCTOR anywhere in the world should charge $20000 . There are many HT Doctors in Turkey , I am a Fine Artist, I look for how the hair is places and the natural movement of the hair , this takes creativity and understanding and artistic skills and not many Doctors can do it , many of the HT i have seen online or youtube looks like a toupee , so Far the one doctor that impressed me with his work is DR Koray in Turkey, i and my brother will be going to have HT with him ... He really seems to do the best HT work , even on a Curly hair which i have ... see his videos of his work on his site or youtube ... I hope this helps. ***removed 3rd party link***
I added his website link in the text above it has been removed, sorry did not know the rules on here this is my first post , i am not affiliated with Dr Koray in anyway. Do your won research and share , all the best.
Sounds like spam...I would never do a HT in another country. You have to spend $5000 on air travel+hotel. Doctors simply don't adhere to same medical standards and don't have the same advanced training as here. Plus if something goes wrong, you have spend another $5000 for travelling. It ends up being even more expensive.
who are you associated with since you try to advertise HT in Turkey? You haven't even done HT yourself. We all are suffering from hair loss and travelling a journey to return to real self, and you just try to take advantage of people's condition trying to advertise while people share their emotions and personal pictures.
HI Paul, for you to say this is Spam is not cool , if it was it would be posted all over the site or else where but i shared my thoughts about the cost of HT , this is a site where i like million others use to read other people opinion , and i guess everyone is free to have their won Opinion. as you seem to have your won, i have gone through your profile most of your comments is about this doctor "Umar" and you are in his city , and you wrote a review about him which totally sounds like a text book advertisement , even the site manger asked you for more details and images and you said no... are you staff of Dr Umar?? where did you get the $5000 from? as i can see you are in this same city as Dr Umar , if you did a gooogle search like i have just now you would see flights prices from your city to Istanbul is around $1000 , and the doctors there they do a packages of 3 days where you pay around $2500 for everything , HT treatment plus one night stay in hospital, and 2 nights in nice hotel, then you go home after the 3 days . I noticed in your comments in your profile that you tell people to do HT in the USA, fist of all not everyone lives in the US, also there are some amazing Doctors with the highest standers, like in Seoul , South Korea , and yes i spent 2 months there and i can say it is better than the US when it comes to the high standers , one of your won comment is to a girl who have had HT in Seoul and you said "The results is incredible, but it seems expensive to me. $6 per graft. why didnt u do the surgery in the US " hammmm I though you did not like the work done abroad ,why do you only want people to do it in the US??? also Germany is well known for high standers in medical care , so for you to think the world is only the US and the doctor in it.you need to travel more. as i said in my original post , do your won research and go with what feels best for you , I personally look for the best no matter where He or she could be , their work should speak to me not thier text book advertisement .. have a great day.
I think i wrote wrote my thought above you can read it if you with , and i have nothing to sell , i was sharing my thoughts .. all the best to you .
OHH how interesting the 2 people commented on my original post are "Dr Umar "clients and both of them sounds like the same person , against doing HR abroad :) you said in your comments that Doctors abroad do not speak English ... you really need to travel.. now why when you are asked by the site manger Eva G to add images you did not ... think about it.
Man, cheelax. you are going crazy. Why are attacking me personally? This website is not a place for personal attacks.
Hi Paul , I do not know you from Adam to attack you, it is not my style , anyone who can read and smart can see my reply to you nothing but a clarification , you have commented on my post as Spam , I think the Site mangers are doing a great job of keeping spammers out of this site ,plus most of your activity on this great site to support Dr Umar, your comments and post, mainly about him , don't you think this looks suspicious and would make anyone think you are working for him? I say it as i see it ... all the best to you and have a great day.
Not only you personally attack me, offend me, insinuate that I'm a liar, but also you harass me. May be in Turkey (since you promote HT in Turkey, I can only assume you work for a HT Doctor in Turkey yourself, why else would you offend and harass me? Cause I called out on you)...May be in Turkey it's not a harassment punishable by law, but in the USA IT IS. You violated my personal rights, called me a liar, harassed me, and attacked me (all of mentioned above are punishable by law in the USA). This is the end of discussion. I took all necessary measures to protect myself and my profile from now on. I'm not going to read or respond to your messages anymore. If you attack me one more time, I'll file medical complain with Istanbul Medical Board.
The turth hurts .., i did not call you a Liar nor i Harassed you, i wrote a post and you commented by insulting me .. so who started this?????? Go a head File medical complain with Istanbul Medical Board I have nothing to do with Turkey in any shape or form , I simply talked about HT from what i researched online and watched videos on youtube and I found a Dr that his work seems great and prices too , i simply shared my thoughts , get you story straight . have a great day.
I am going to jump in here to get this conversation back on track. We have very clear Community Guidelines  against any type of unsupportive comments that may come across as attacking another member. This kind of behavior will simply not be tolerated and comments will be removed.
I personally would take your review with a grain of salt until i see the 1 year results.. the post op photos do not look that bad.
Very rare cases as happens with you
How does your hairline look like now? Dr omer sounds like a complete jerk btw.
Sorry to hear, man. my hair transplantation worked out pretty good with Dr.Umar even though other doctors didn't want to take me. did you try coming back for a second surgery to fix this one? I myself had 3 surgeries.
Hello, I have known Dr. Umar for many years and been following his work as well as listening to his talks at our hair transplant conferences. His ethics and surgical skills are among the best of any hair transplant doctor world wide. I suggest you wait until a year after the surgery to allow for full results, and then visit Dr. Umar for a full post op evaluation. I am sure if there are any concerns, he will address them at that time, Dr. Robert Jones
I agree with you, Doctor.
I agree, Dr. Umar's work is above reproach.
Wow. I am sorry to read about your experience. I was considering Dr. Umar (I live in LA) but his prices are excessive and the consultations are done over e-mails or for a fee. I met another doctor in the 310 area in which I will most likely proceed with my FUE surgery. Best of luck.