I Showed my Hair Transplant to Another HT Doctor and He Said It Was the Worst He Had Seen in Years - Redondo Beach, CA

I did not get to see Dr. Umar until after his...

I did not get to see Dr. Umar until after his staff had already sedated me for surgery, and was not able to to give final informed consent about the hairline that was drawn which is supposed to be the norm according to my consults with other physicians. Outcome of surgery thus far has been subpar. I have consulted other physicians in hopes of repairing what seems to have been poor work, and they all concur that the work was designed and executed poorly. I will most likely now live the rest of my life with a scarred forehead and scalp with little to no recourse due to Californias biased malpractice laws.
My patients come from very far to see me because I take great pride in my work. Clearly, we are far apart relative to how we view the facts about your procedure. We are comfortable that the facts support our view. Your review says that you are 6 months post surgery. It takes a full year for you to see your results. I would urge you to hang tight for a year until you do anything drastic. Please have your other HT doctors call me if they have questions. The standard practice in HT medicine is to wait a year before doing another procedure. I don't believe that you need another procedure, as most of our patients never do. Our standard practice is to have patients send photos every three months to monitor their progress. If a patient has concerns, I urge them to come into the office to visit me. Please contact my office to setup an appointment so that we can check up on your progress.
You are more than welcome to contact Dr. Cole of Atlanta, GA, to discuss this matter with him over the phone. He should have already attempted to contact your office.
Dr. Umar and his legal staff filed a SLAPP suit against me to intimidate me into dropping civil suit.

hairline of unhappiness

Wow. I am sorry to read about your experience. I was considering Dr. Umar (I live in LA) but his prices are excessive and the consultations are done over e-mails or for a fee. I met another doctor in the 310 area in which I will most likely proceed with my FUE surgery. Best of luck.
Hope you are doing well Bones25.
-:- Message from RealSelf staff -:-

SLAPP suit

Dr and legal team filed SLAPP suit to get me to drop civil suit.
Wow , Now did you say $20000 ?? why , this is just way way to much ..for any type of HT... Guys i have been doing a lot of research and i have met some doctors it seems the best HT doctors are in Turkey , you will have to do your research and find the best , some of them have videos on youtube, you can go there with 3 day stay and the HT treatment for under $2500 .. and be done with it ... NO DOCTOR anywhere in the world should charge $20000 . There are many HT Doctors in Turkey , I am a Fine Artist, I look for how the hair is places and the natural movement of the hair , this takes creativity and understanding and artistic skills and not many Doctors can do it , many of the HT i have seen online or youtube looks like a toupee , so Far the one doctor that impressed me with his work is DR Koray in Turkey, i and my brother will be going to have HT with him ... He really seems to do the best HT work , even on a Curly hair which i have ... see his videos of his work on his site or youtube ... I hope this helps. ***removed 3rd party link***
I added his website link in the text above it has been removed, sorry did not know the rules on here this is my first post , i am not affiliated with Dr Koray in anyway. Do your won research and share , all the best.
Sounds like spam...I would never do a HT in another country. You have to spend $5000 on air travel+hotel. Doctors simply don't adhere to same medical standards and don't have the same advanced training as here. Plus if something goes wrong, you have spend another $5000 for travelling. It ends up being even more expensive.
Redondo Beach Dermatologic Surgeon

As a doctor who advertises himself as the victim of a poor hair transplant in the past, I am disappointed to have received a poor hair transplant from him. In hindsight he never answered my questions via email regarding realistic expectations, and the work he performed has been unanimously reviewed by the other hair transplant physicians I have seen since then as poor at best. Dr. Umar has ruined my life.