53, Still Peeling After 9 Days

I am still peeling after 9-days! I am 53 and it...

I am still peeling after 9-days! I am 53 and it looked awful at first. There was some redness that looked almost burned, and the brown age spots intensified. But most everything is peeling off now and my skin looks smoother and age spots are much lighter.

I think I will do it again in 3-months to even out my skin even more! If you do decide to do it, remember, it may look kind of ugly the first 3-5 days, depending on your skin damage, but the end result is nice. And, DO NOT PICK OR PULL ON THE PEELING SKIN! I wet my skin and rubbed GENTLY to get the skin to come off, but be very careful about pulling and picking.

Updated April 4th, 2012

I wrote a review earlier and was worried about swollen eyelids and bags under my eyes. I'm 55 years old and was looking to reduce some fine lines and lighten some age spots. The peel looked real scary on the 4th day, better on the 5th, and the following days got better and better. Today is the 9th day and I'm very pleased. The fine lines are reduced, the swelling and bags are completely gone. Much of the age spots are either gone or very light. My skin is much smoother. This peel is more agressive than I thought. You just have to be patient and the results are, I think, worth it.