Side Effects - Redding, CA

I have been receiving Radiesse in my left cheek...

I have been receiving Radiesse in my left cheek area for many years to correct muscle loss from car accident trauma without any side effects. However, this last time I has white bumps at injection site, and was told its from the lidocaine in the Radiesse and it would go away in an hour. When it didn't go away after several hours, I called the office of Craig Kraffert to let Lindsay Miller, PAC know. Her MA asked her, and she told me to massage it. I did so, but the next morning woke up with severe bruising and swelling. I called office back and was told it would go away in a few days, and to take ibuprofen for pain. It is now the 4th day and it is still swollen and bruised. I hope it gets better in next couple of days!

Just keeps getting worse!

Today is 6th day since injections. When I took shower my cheek burned! My daughter went to store and got me Aquaphor ointment which has relieved my pain. I believe I need to see a board certified dermatologist to evaluate me further. I want to know whether Lindsay caused an occulation to the blood flow. The daily worsening of my face is indicating more than bruising!

Question for Doctor

If my bloodflow is in fact being restricted, what can be done to restore it?

Meet the Staff

More Info

Also, I spent this last wknd with the inside of my mouth sore and blistering. Yesterday Lindsay gave me samples of Protopic cream for it. It really helped me; however, after looking it up after the fact - it is for eczema and external only! Unbelievable! Like I said, it just keeps getting worse! Why on earth would she give me that for the inside of my mouth!

Wed Sept 18th

Have appt in hr at a hyperbaric med ctr for a consult - hope they can help me!
Went to Dr Krafferts office - he refused to see me today. He said he would see me tomorrow morning at 9 with Lindsay.
I dont believe Lindsay or Dr K know the extent of what has happened to me or what to do for it.
Found website: http://aaronstonemd-plasticsurgery.blogspot.com/2011/01/skin-necrosis-with-dermal-fillers.html?m=1
Has info on help hopefully i can use an show a dr.
Also I spoke with Julie Kaplan today who went through what Im going thru - she has posting in this site - she is very supportive and us going to see me this afternoon too.

What a day!

Will write bout more 2 mrrw im drained emotionally, physically, and mentally right now.

One Week Post

I have taken today and tomorrow off work to heal. I am following Julie and her husband's (Dr. Kaplan) instructions. The massaging and warm compresses have helped to get some blood flow. I am on aspirin, antibiotic, and anti-viral. I am going to follow up on consult for hyper baric oxygen therapy or oxygen mask at night as I may not be a candidate for hyper baric if screws near my left eye from car accident are metal. I an going to see my eye dr and dentist to check if my lack of blood flow is or has been affected.
Most importantly, I will continue to update this site and create new profiles on other sites to bring awareness of what can happen to anyone from Radiesse. Like Julie said "you couldn't pay me a million dollars to have it again." I second that!

Anger

Anger is hitting me this morning over the fact that a Physician's Assistant didn't recognize she hit an artery! Anger is hitting me that the Physician she works under has discharged me as a patient! Unbelievable that this doctor has abandoned me and is not willing to see the effects of what occurred last Thursday to me. The whole thing is now angering me and baffling me. I would think he would want to know, and would want his Assistant to know what she did wrong so this doesn't happen to someone else!

This isn't over yet . . . right now I'm working through many emotions, and working on healing my face with the help of Julie and Jory Kaplan. Today I am calling my eye doctor and my dentist, and the oxygen therapy center.

Sunday Sept 22, 2013

I would not wish this experience on anyone. To top it all off I received a Dissolution letter from Dr. Krafftert in my mail box yesterday. It baffles me why he is taking this avenue toward me. I am not going to let him get the best of me. I am a strong, beautiful woman in spite of what is happening to my face!

Sunday September 29th

My wound . . . the green color is the dead skin or necrotic skin that died from lack if blood flow and oxygen to my face after Radiesse got in artery! It has to come off to allow new cell growth - very painful long process! People - do not use Radiesse!

Slow Process

Its now one month and a day since Radiesse injections resulted in blocked blood flow to my cheek. I am tired of wound care and bandages! I do it because I have to. I should'nt have to! Why is it there are people whom you should be able to trust allowed to inject any filler let alone one called Radiesse that do not know the signs of hitting an artery or what to do if they did?
I have a right to be angry!

I have too much knowledge now out of necessity about wound care and terms like slough, tunneling, etc.

The blessing through my pain and suffering though has been Julie and her husband. Having been through this herself, she has offered me her heartfelt sympathy and support. They both are truly wonderful, caring people.

Sandy

Getting Better - Slow Process

My vent above was just that. Im glad my face is improving - its just frustrating at times because its a slow process. I am a positive social person with great friends and family. I am human too though and life sometimes gives us something (like this event) that reminds me that I will persevere. I want change in the education of all injectors to know more about what they're doing. I want you reading this to ask questions if you are going to be injected - if person does not know answers to what an ischmic event looks like or what to do . . . Run!

Day 92

As of one month ago today, the necrotic tissue dissolved. I stopped wearing bandage to work on Nov 13th. Now my wound is in the intermediary stage. When it appears to have finished the granulation process, I will seek scar treatment options.
Life goes on but mark my words, I will push for legislation that all injectors of cosmetic fillers get training on how to recognize an ischemic event and what to do! I emplore all of you who read this and are contemplating or getting cosmetic fillers to ask two important questions of the injector. That is do they know the signs of ischemic event aka occlusion (hitting an artery!), and do you know what to do? If they can't answer, RUN!

Photo Day 92

Lindsay Miller

I realize there are risks involved with injections; however, Lindsay failed to recognize when she hit an artery. Consequently, I was being treated for a possible sinus infection initially. However, when it was evident that wasn't the case, and I called to get help and answers on what was wrong, I was discharged as a patient by the doctor she works under. Its a shame she cannot see what has happened to me.