43 Years Old, Removing Saline Implants - Redding, CA

Thank you to all the women who have posted before...

Thank you to all the women who have posted before and after photos! I will do the same once my journey give me something to post. My story is the same as many I read. 8 years ago I got implants because I live in the land of plastic (OC California) I went in because my breasts where a little too low. Chose implants, I have never really loved, 8 years and 10 lbs later they feel HUGE, uncomfortable, matronly, slutty, just yuk! Lesson learned.
For my situation I would like to have them drained, and then removed with a possible lift, although I am unsure until I see them.
Does anyone in OC know of a Dr. that will drain only (to begin with) for a reasonable price?? I am having a difficult time finding that...

Thanks for starting your story on RealSelf! You might want to try checking for doctors in your area hereHere's what some doctors say about draining saline implants. Please keep us posted on your process!

WOW how things change.

I think it is so very interesting that we all change so much. We got implants... we thought that was the right choice, but 1 pound 1 year at a time and these things are out of control! I cannot believe how huge they are. I just booked my explant, June 24th. And I know many of you have been through these thoughts "am I making another wrong decision??"
These pictures of me now do not even remotely resemble who I am on the inside. I am excited and scared.

I think u will be very happy. It is a little shocking at first but like everyone says they look better every day and all the other stuff that comes with having them out makes it so worth it :)
Thank you so much for all the positive comments. I think it is just fear of the unknown that most of us feel.
Good luck. I know it's a tough decision. Looking forward to following your review.

Date set

August 18th is my removal date. Now I want to loose 10 lbs before then ha ha ha :)

I'm so happy for you! I'll be following your story to see how it goes and I hope for the best and a quick recovery!
Awesome! Congrats. That will be here before you know it!
Yay! You're going with Dr. Wong! They are all amazing there! Congrats on your decision to explant :)

Not recommended for everyone

I am going to share my experience. Please understand MY choices are for me and I am NOT recommending this, I am just sharing what I did. I have read, heard, and spoke to many women who deflate their saline implants. I decided to do the same. However I am letting them deflate slower than most. I did not pull out the 8 year old saline, I am letting it drain. I understand this could be a risk. The saline looked clear with no issues, it has been 4 weeks and there is not a lot of change but I do notice the upperpole is not as full and they are feeing a little lighter. I chose this option to let the skin retract slowly. I have read many cases where the saline is contaminated and women are having issues. This was not the case for me, I got lucky!

How did the drainage go? Did you notice the skin slowing retracting? Good luck on the 15th!!
Good luck with your surgery, Too Much. How exiting... your breasts are so full and beautiful in the before implants picture. You will still be beautiful when you explant.. in fact, you will look much better. I wish I had breasts like those... or a wife with breasts like those, at least. My implants come out on the 11th, just days before you go in for surgery. I'm actually pretty nervous.
I am wanting to remove my silicone gel implants after 14 years…looking for recommendations for a PS in the Scottsdale, Az area?

Just waiting

I will have another picture soon. But letting my saline implants deflate has been SO easy. It is as if they just melted away. The comfort level is so wonderful, and my BF even said "wow they are so nice and soft". That was nice because we all have our doubts about the men. Clothing is fitting better, no one in my world has even noticed but I do not have that super high boob bursting out of the bra thing happening. It is just great. Bags come out Sept 13th I have had to reschedule a couple times.

Yay! I'm so glad you're more comfortable. Mine became super soft as well after draining. I'm sure it'll go great on the 13th and you'll be free!!
I am following your story - I am glad to hear you are scheduled for explant and the way you are doing it seems smart - slow drainage. Your skin will probably retract in a lovely way! Keep us posted toomuch!

2 months post drainage

2 months ago this whole process and decision was SUCH a big deal! The reading of every story, talking to all that would listen to me... and now the girls are slowly shrinking and it is just not a big deal! I love it. I love the physical feeling of the shrinking breasts. It has been very painless and unnoticeable to others. The bags will be removed in 2 weeks. here are a couple updated pics.

Looking great already! Looking forward to hearing how much better you feel when all is gone!
You are on your way!!!!! Looking good!

Question...

I greatly appreciate this site as many of us do, and I value your feedback.
I am wondering is I really need the front opening sports bra? My implants have been drained my bags come out in 3 days. I don't have one and wondering if I need one. As well as any other supplies that are must haves?

Hope you are feeling well!
Thank you! I need to do an update, but I am feeling well. And my size feels so normal I LOVE it.
Yay!!!!

The procedure

I did a local numbing only. I closed my eyes the entire time so I did not see a thing. It did not hurt but I have to say for the entire 30-40 mins it was very uncomfortable. It is not as though I was relaxed, but again it didn't hurt. I did not like it and I am THRILLED to NEVER do that again! Not much pain after, more muscle soreness than anything. I feel SO NORMAL!! it is such a weird feeling. Doc decided to do the incision under the nipple which is where the original was. I just went with what he thought was best. Updated photos...

So how does it feel without all that weight gone from your chest? I think you look much better now with explant.
It is amazing not to have that heaviness anymore!!! thank you :)
Hello too much . You look great congrats . So how much you Paid in total ? Was it with the same doc ? Can I have his # I'm looking for a PS .

3 weeks

I feel good, but surprised to be tired and not 100% yet. I have read others have the same issue. I am EXACTLY with many of you, we want to feel a little better and loose 15 lbs! then life will be GREAT again! LOL No magic pills, one meal at a time, one day at a time. Most surgeries are 6 weeks healing and all of us want to get back to in it in 2-3. We are so impatient :) Happy healing to all!! And all that are considering. It is so worth it! But I do think you need to be mentally ready to be rid of the implants.

Look at you with all your own breast..I'm wearing my old bras also but I hope to loose at and Boob's too.
I agree, it wasn't easy under local but so worth it!
You look so good with your natural breasts!!!!
Dr Wong

Dr. Wong, Done great. I do not have other procedures to compare it to , but he was great, it staff is awesome!