43 Years Old, Removing Saline Implants - Redding, CA

Thank you to all the women who have posted before...

Thank you to all the women who have posted before and after photos! I will do the same once my journey give me something to post. My story is the same as many I read. 8 years ago I got implants because I live in the land of plastic (OC California) I went in because my breasts where a little too low. Chose implants, I have never really loved, 8 years and 10 lbs later they feel HUGE, uncomfortable, matronly, slutty, just yuk! Lesson learned.
For my situation I would like to have them drained, and then removed with a possible lift, although I am unsure until I see them.
Does anyone in OC know of a Dr. that will drain only (to begin with) for a reasonable price?? I am having a difficult time finding that...

WOW how things change.

I think it is so very interesting that we all change so much. We got implants... we thought that was the right choice, but 1 pound 1 year at a time and these things are out of control! I cannot believe how huge they are. I just booked my explant, June 24th. And I know many of you have been through these thoughts "am I making another wrong decision??"
These pictures of me now do not even remotely resemble who I am on the inside. I am excited and scared.

Date set

August 18th is my removal date. Now I want to loose 10 lbs before then ha ha ha :)

Not recommended for everyone

I am going to share my experience. Please understand MY choices are for me and I am NOT recommending this, I am just sharing what I did. I have read, heard, and spoke to many women who deflate their saline implants. I decided to do the same. However I am letting them deflate slower than most. I did not pull out the 8 year old saline, I am letting it drain. I understand this could be a risk. The saline looked clear with no issues, it has been 4 weeks and there is not a lot of change but I do notice the upperpole is not as full and they are feeing a little lighter. I chose this option to let the skin retract slowly. I have read many cases where the saline is contaminated and women are having issues. This was not the case for me, I got lucky!

Just waiting

I will have another picture soon. But letting my saline implants deflate has been SO easy. It is as if they just melted away. The comfort level is so wonderful, and my BF even said "wow they are so nice and soft". That was nice because we all have our doubts about the men. Clothing is fitting better, no one in my world has even noticed but I do not have that super high boob bursting out of the bra thing happening. It is just great. Bags come out Sept 13th I have had to reschedule a couple times.

2 months post drainage

2 months ago this whole process and decision was SUCH a big deal! The reading of every story, talking to all that would listen to me... and now the girls are slowly shrinking and it is just not a big deal! I love it. I love the physical feeling of the shrinking breasts. It has been very painless and unnoticeable to others. The bags will be removed in 2 weeks. here are a couple updated pics.

Question...

I greatly appreciate this site as many of us do, and I value your feedback.
I am wondering is I really need the front opening sports bra? My implants have been drained my bags come out in 3 days. I don't have one and wondering if I need one. As well as any other supplies that are must haves?
Dr Wong

Dr. Wong. So far good, service not yet completed.

Good luck!!!!! I'm sure everything will go well :))))))) everything mdeluca said sounds good... I would add pain med and having someone around who loves and cares about you to help you out and cook for you.
I do have that :) I am grateful! and thank you thank you!
Awesome! :D
I had a full lift with my explant so not exactly the same but a front close bra was super important for me. It was just nice to not have to lift my arms as much to get a bra on. Dry shampoo, pillows and netflix were my other must haves:)
good call on the shampoo and Netflix! :) thanks
Looking great already! Looking forward to hearing how much better you feel when all is gone!
You are on your way!!!!! Looking good!
Yay! I'm so glad you're more comfortable. Mine became super soft as well after draining. I'm sure it'll go great on the 13th and you'll be free!!
I am following your story - I am glad to hear you are scheduled for explant and the way you are doing it seems smart - slow drainage. Your skin will probably retract in a lovely way! Keep us posted toomuch!
How did the drainage go? Did you notice the skin slowing retracting? Good luck on the 15th!!
The skin has not had any issue retracting at all. No weird dents or anything, I feel very lucky!
Good luck with your surgery, Too Much. How exiting... your breasts are so full and beautiful in the before implants picture. You will still be beautiful when you explant.. in fact, you will look much better. I wish I had breasts like those... or a wife with breasts like those, at least. My implants come out on the 11th, just days before you go in for surgery. I'm actually pretty nervous.
Your surgeries came out great!!
I am wanting to remove my silicone gel implants after 14 years…looking for recommendations for a PS in the Scottsdale, Az area?
I'm having mine drained on weds. If I read this right, did you do it yourself? I hope your skin tightens up the way you'd like, and that your explant is smooth! Best wishes!
I did do it myself... but I do not think many Dr's would support that decision. They are really shrinking slowly its nice to drain them and let things go a little slower. Thank you for the kind wishes and I do hope the same for you!!
I think this is what I want to do too. Were yours saline gel? I wonder if that even makes a difference.
mine are the basic saline. I wonder is the gel will leak or if you would have to suck it out more. It is way less shocking to go the drainage route.
My card says "Mentor Saline-Filled Mammary Prosthesis. I'm sure if it was gel it would say here right? .... Yes. I still carry my implant card. After 12 years. I'm a nerd. :)
Not nerd, organized! :) I would think you could go to Mentor's website and find out exactly what you have since you still have the card.
I'm so happy for you! I'll be following your story to see how it goes and I hope for the best and a quick recovery!
Awesome! Congrats. That will be here before you know it!
Yay! You're going with Dr. Wong! They are all amazing there! Congrats on your decision to explant :)
I am :) thank you thank you for the recommendation! They are exactly what I need and want.