Still Recovering from Tummy Tuck 09/03/10-complications with Opening Incision - Cincinnati, OH

So far i'm not sure it was a good idea......

So far i'm not sure it was a good idea... it's been a hard road, one which i wasn't prepared for..... No one told me how painful this would be, however i was unable to take pain meds... and due to headaches stopped taking even the minimum pain reliever at 3 days post op.

I am having a hard time standing up straight still...due to the huge incision opening... the dr insists it's common though i have yet to find a woman it's happened to. I've been told i will have to heal from the inside out... and we are due to go on vacation in just 2 1/2 weeks...i have a feeling I am not going to have such a great time.

Remaining positive is no longer easy for me. I am tired of being couch bound... 3 1/2 weeks is too long. AND I had to leave my drain pump in for 18 days!!!!!!!! They said it was from me over doing it the first week :( I have 4 kids...it's close to impossible to NOT over do it.

Cincinnati -The Plastic Surgery Group

My incision came open around 8 days post op... it's still just getting larger. I feel like my dr keeps back tracking, they did tell me it'd get worse before better, but they tell me to stand up straight to stretch out my muscles, but it stretches open my incision :/