I Do Not Recommend Dysport- Potentially Dangerous

I have used Botox for a couple of years and was...

I have used Botox for a couple of years and was pretty satisfied. The nurse suggested I try Dysport because it was cheaper and maybe longer lasting. I received an injection over three weeks ago and still am having side effects. Initially the injection was quite painful unlike Botox. The areas near my eyes immediately swelled up and were red. One side bruised quite badly and the bruise finally just went away two days ago, despite constant icing for the first 6 hours and use of Arnica. Within 15 minutes of the injection my throat started to tighten and it felt like there was a lump in my throat when I tried to swallow. My chest and neck felt a bit tight, and my mouth became very dry. I immediately called the nurse who did the injection and told her about my symptoms which were listed as serious side effects on the information she gave to me. She suggested I go to my doctor of the ER (she seemed to be ambivalent and not well informed about side effects but that is a whole other issue). I went to the ER. While there was nothing they could do for the botulism, they did treat me for an allergic reaction in case that was what I was having(it wasn't). While my side effects didn't get worse (thankfully) they stayed about the same for several days. I also felt nauseous for the first few days. After three weeks I still am having a horrible headache, neck pain and stiffness, and swollen sinus passages. I'm hoping this will eventually resolve soon. I will never again get Dysport and don't recommend it.

Rajunier Med Spa

Injection nurse doesn't know the products.

I spoke to a pharmacist at Midicis Aesthetics about Restylane and Restylane-L.The only diff is the L contains Lidocaine. The ingredients are: Hyaluronic acid is generated by Strep bacteria (Restylane contains gram positive bacterial proteins) NOTE: "Hyaluronan (also called hyaluronic acid or hyaluronate or HA) is an anionic, nonsulfated glycosaminoglycan distributed widely throughout connective, epithelial, and neural tissues. It is unique among glycosaminoglycans in that it is nonsulfated, forms in the plasma membrane instead of the Golgi, and can be very large, with its molecular weight often reaching the millions.[2] One of the chief components of the extracellular matrix, hyaluronan contributes significantly to cell proliferation and migration, and may also be involved in the progression of some malignant tumors. The average 70 kg (154 lbs) person has roughly 15 grams of hyaluronan in the body, one-third of which is turned over (degraded and synthesized) every day.[3] Hyaluronic acid is also a component of the group A streptococcal extracellular capsule,[4] and is believed to play a role in virulence.[5][6]" Wiki *The Restylane L contains saline and lidocaine. Both products have the same adverse reactions, or as Medicis calls the reaction, allergic or hypersensitivity reactions, which are nausea and vomiting and headaches, and anaphylaxis (the only reactions that they state as know and expected). So basically what we are likely reacting to is either the Lidocaine or the Strep bacteria proteins, bcuz Hyaluronic acid is found in the body. The definition of a hypersensitivy reaction, which it is specified as the nausea, headaches, vomiting, according to Medicis/Restylane is: Reaction produced by the immune system, which includes allergies AND autoimmunity. It requires a pre-sensitized (immune) state of the host - So I am guessing this means since I had nausea right away with the injection, I was exposed in the past to one of the ingredients and was allergic to it before the injection, (Bacteria or lidocaine), OR that is what they want us to think...What if it causes an autoimmune disease, like gluten causes celiac disease? Consider getting allergy & antibody testing done for the gram positive strep bacteria and maybe lidocaine. FURTHER RESEARCH: The Hyauluronic Acid is chemically modified with unknown added ingredient-CHEMICAL SENSITIVIES? "Native hyaluronan has a relatively short half-life (shown in rabbits) so various manufacturing techniques have been deployed to extend the length of the chain and stabilise the molecule for its use in medical applications. The introduction of protein based cross-links, the introduction of free-radical scavenging molecules such as sorbitol [found in fruits], and minimal stabilisation of the HA chains through chemical agents [!!!] e.g. NASHA stabilisation are all techniques that have been used. Research Due to its high biocompatibility and its common presence in the extracellular matrix of tissues, hyaluronan is gaining popularity as a biomaterial scaffold in tissue engineering research. In particular, a number of research groups have found hyaluronan's properties for tissue engineering and regenerative medicine are significantly improved with crosslinking, producing a hydrogel. This added feature allows a researcher to form a desired shape, as well as to deliver therapeutic molecules, into a host. Hyaluronan can be crosslinked by attaching thiols (trade names: Extracel, HyStem), methacrylates, [PLASTICS] and tyramines (trade name: Corgel) [Tyramine intake has also been associated with MIGRAINE] Hyaluronan can also be crosslinked directly with formaldehyde [POISON] (trade name: Hylan-A) or with divinylsulfone (trade name: Hylan-B) [SYNTHETIC RUBBER]" Wiki
How long does this disport take to leave our bodies. Has anyone had issues with praline,, I had both done so I dont know which one is causing all these reactions.. Thank-you friends
Hi Gypsyheart- They say 9 months for Restylane to leave your body, Dysport is supposed to leave in 3 months, BUT, what I think has happened to me is that my body had an IMMUNE REACTION to the injections, so it's not a matter of when they leave your body. A few others on this my thread say the same thing. Glogglo and katie daily both feel they had immune reactions. I HIGHLY recommend you call my hair mineral analysis lady Nikki Moses at Moses Nutrition in Glendale ca. She can work with you over the phone/through mail. I don't believe the medicaitons my medical doctor wanted me to take will heal me. I think our bodies need the vitamins and minerals we're missing to SLOWLY heal us from the ground up. I'm getting better but very slowly. And I'm one of the people that's been sick the longest - May 2013 will be THREE year. UGH. The other thing I've read is that having MULTIPLE injections in one day can be hard on some people - like having 2 different drugs injected. Which is what I did and what you did. If you want to email privately I can tell you all the meds I've tried and the tests I've gotten but really, in the end, my answer is hair mineral analysis and supplements. I DON'T work for Nikki Moses - I swear - It's just that after nearly 3 years of being sick and trying different things, her solution has been the solution SO FAR. Wishing you perfect health. Let me know if you have other questions!!
Hi Everyone,

I realized I can post a link to the FDA Adverse Event Report from my Dropbox. You can download the PDF and share the link with others.

Also, Groupon is offering a Groupon for Dysport. I emailed them asking them to remove this offer from their site. If you would all send a quick email to them I think that would force them to take notice... Just Google "Groupon Contact Us" to find their email address.

Wishing everyone health!

Remember to email me if you want to join the CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT I'm putting together. I have had TWO ladies contact me. I need more, so please just shoot me a quick email here on Real Self. I apologize for including my personal email in my previous post - I didn't realize it was violating community guidelines!

Thanks,
AJ
hi oops I didnt know you couldn't use your emial either.. sorry
I wanted to add here since I had the scratch test of Dysport, On the third day I woke up with a very bad headache, I couldn't breath very well, and with slight stomach pain . Now as I mentioned earlier I had a very small amount of Dysport the amount that is given to you for a scratch test. In my opionion I think Dysport dangerous with serious side effects to me ...I think if I would of actually had them inject this in my face I would of certainly died! I have no doubt that if my body is reactioning to Dysport like this and it is such a small amount what would of happened to me if I would of just had them inject me with it! Anyhow I'm going to have the ND doctor treat me as they do for people that have been poisoned. I have taken charcoal tablets. My heart goes out to all the women that have this Dysport injected into their faces, and suffer horribly due to it. DO YOUR RESEARCH . I'm posting my experience only to share my experience.
Oops I forgot my two other side effects I had from Dysport vomiting and diarrhea.So not worth it!
I've been reading so many stories on the web about the serious side effects of Dysport. I think it is better to be safe than sorry so today I had a small injection to see if I was allergic to Dysport today, this amount of Dysport would be the the equivalent they would give you for a scratch test at the allergist ...but after reading the many stories on the web I'm now scared to death in fact I took something that they give you for toxic thing at the doctor so it will absorb all the poisons out of your system, I will also make a poultice and put it where they did the scratch test to hopefully pull it out of my skin. I realize I had a small test but I'm hyper-sensitive I can't take any chances. But I want to thank all of the people that have told their stories . It has changed my mind about any type of injection or filler
I'm so sorry Sanon that you had to go through such a horrific ordeal and I'm glad that you are now well!
I'm sorry this happened to you...I have done botox too and been happy with that, but recently I been seeing a lot of ads and rebates for dysport but i'm so hesitant to try it cuz of the bad reviews I been hearing. So sorry again and hope u feel better. it will go away since it's temporary. But no more Dysport please don;t even try it again, I wouldn't. Thanks for your post and letting us know.
I have been sick for 2.5 mths. now since Dysport injections between my eyes and the side of my eyes. I have had Botox and never had a problem. Then I went to the Dr. and they said that Dysport is so much better, so I tried it., TWO hours after being injected I got a very sore throat which lasted 3 days, my throat closed up at night,but I was able to breath,but was getting worried. Then on the day we had to fly for vacation, I started to get a runny nose. I got on the plane for 3 hrs. and my ears closed up, and they stayed closed for THREE weeks. Wouldn't even open up after flying back home. We were on a cruise ship for 7 days. I had a ear infection and a sinus infection ever since end of May, and now it's middle of Aug. and I am still fighting it. I been on antibiotics, which didn't help much. I believe this is from Dysport. I NEVER in my life had an ear or sinus infection. I do not get allergies and I fly all the time with no problems. This all started within 2 hrs of the injections. I called the Dr. and he said no one else has a problem with Dysport. I wonder if he is telling me the truth? The women who work at this Dr.'s office have no training or knowledge of what they sell there. This Dr. is a teaching Dr. and specializes in Botox, Dysport and surgeries. I will go back to Botox. I do not want to take another chance with Dysport. I am a very healthy women and having this for almost 3 mths. is crazy. Maybe we are better off not doing any of this.Is it worth it if we get sick or die? No it's not.
Are you felling better? I have ben sick for 7 and half weeks. Hoping it will all go away!
Hi Destiny omg I am having the same symptoms. I have had a natural doctor tell me I had staff and put on some natural supp. I am a health coach and was so nervous but I don't like my smile lines. So i had disport and praline. My face never gets acne. I am full of it and it doesnt stop . I have a poison coming out daily. ugh but my sinus sinces Dec 19 Non stop clear stuffed up, fevery.. its so darn crazy and I am a healthy energetic person. I will take some charcoal.. I hope you feel better. Its scary to know that these side effects really are this long...