Suddenly Slender Body Wrap - Waste of Time and Money - Reading, PA

I wanted to firm up for a beach vacation - so I...

I wanted to firm up for a beach vacation - so I researched the body wrap systems and read that most experiences were positive as far as losing inches. So I went, and was totally disappointed. It took approximately 2 hours. I was wrapped in ace bandages soaked in some kind of mineral solution. Then I was placed on a "Gizelle" exercise machine for three 15 minute sessions, being "basted" in between with the solution. It was somewhat uncomfortable,quishy liquid coming down my legs, plastic bags on my hands and feet to collect the fluid, hobbling back and forth swaddled in bandages. It would have all been worth it had it worked! I noticed absolutely no change. My clothes fit just the same. I did not seem any firmer. Complete waste of time and money.

Whole procedure was a waste of money

I love these wraps. I look totally different around my waist especially. My hubby loves my new waistline.
Sadly you were not educated in the wrap process. I personally owned and operated a Suddenly Slender for 5 years and never promoted it as a fat loss method but to assist in weight loss. It contains minerals, elements the body can metablize. The body releases impurities to make room to hold onto the minerals. The compression of the wrap reshapes the body. I had the majority of the clients lose 1 - 2 inches off their waist in one wrap. The record was 9 inches in one wrap off of one ladys waist and a total of 29 inches with all her measurments added together. She had no belt and had to walk out holding up her pants. I always gaurenteed results, if the clients didn't achieve a minimum inch lose we got them back in for a free wrap. Sometimes the body needs a little more to respond to the minerals. I no longer work in this industry and have nothing to gain by supporting it. I only speak of my experience as a former owner.
I have been using It Works Body Wraps and I am losing inches. If there was a miracle body wrap out there, then these are it. It also reduced the visibility of my stretch marks. I am excited at the results I am seeing.
Oh, also to Chris...as far as stretch marks, yes they can be helped with a body wrap or a special cream as long as there are "live" cells. In other words, if the stretch mark is still a bit red, there is circulation which is evidence of cells that are alive. If the mark is white and flat, it's dead skin and a wrap can only help the appearance of the stretch mark by skin tightening...bringing the skin closer together so they appear thinner. That's about it:-)
To Chris, then how do you explain body wraps which take a before and after fat% and bmi and after the wrap there is a reduction in both? There is a combination of lymphatic drainage and increased circulation in some body wraps, like the one I do in my wellness spa which is a detox wrap and causes fat % reduction, therfore inch loss. Yes I agree that some wraps are water loss wraps which is very unhealthy. Don't have a wrap unless the spa has taken a fat % , bmi and weight, most do not do this but I do. If you lose weight your bmi will drop a bit but if the fat % stays the same, it's water loss!

They are great for moisturizing the skin, but there's no way that being wrapped in plastic or herbal potions can cause fat loss. If they could there wouldn't be a fat person alive! As to stretch marks, these are literally scars that form when the underlying skins structures "split" due to rapid expansion. There has been some success with lasers, and prescription drugs, in reducing their appearance, but again a "body wrap" cannot really do much for them. Any weight loss is caused by dehydration due to sweating, and is temporary as the water balance will rapidly be restored upon consuming fluids.

Of course you won't lose weight with a "body wrap;" that would be magic. All a body wrap can do is dehydrate you, causing water weight loss. Also, some of the oils and creams might make your skin feel softer. However, there's no magic potion or cosmetic treatment that can fix the results of overeating, aging, and genetics. Nothing you rub on your skin can "cure" stretch marks or cellulite. Body wraps are good for a temporary loss of fluid, and maybe some skin moisturization, and that's it. If losing weight were really as easy as going to a spa, there wouldn't be a fat person alive.

Hi Chris,

What do you do that you know about Body wraps, have you had one?

Hey..
Waiting for a reply soon on my email above, thank u.

Hi Nusayba,

I posted your question in our Dr. Q&A. Hope that helps.

-Britt

Hey.. I was just wondering if body wrapping can help reduce stretch marks as well????... sure not but only if it can help somehow. Also, does it make the body feel strong and tight? Cos my legs are a little saggy and i want to tighten them. Waiting for a reply soon on my email above, thank u.
-:- Message from RealSelf staff -:-

For the people tha dont understand the full concept of bodywraping, ill break it down for you. Its a method of slenderizing, but the proceedure is way more than the innitial boywrap, you have to help the wrap so it can work for you. be positive, Eat right, excesisie. This is NOT a medical procedure, it will not magically make you thin. I love doing suddenly slender body wraps they use the safest methods and are guaranteed. Thank you for your help Suddenly slender.

Hi Atom,

Thanks for your comment, can the community assume you work in a med spa or are a doctor?

Hi Nurse,

Welcome to the community and thanks for the humorously descriptive review. I know it wasn't supposed to be funny and I'm sorry you saw no results, but loved the way you described it. Have you been back to ask them why it didn't work? Please keep us updated.