I did it!!! - Reading, PA

I just went for my first consultation last night...

I just went for my first consultation last night and I'm excited to say the least! My case is a little different from most people on here. At a young age (around 10 years old), I experienced some trauma to my nose after falling off a bunk bed. It wasn't broken, so I never got surgery on it because I was so young at the time. Just two months ago, I was messing around with a friend and accidentally got hit right in the nose! Since then I've been experiencing difficulties breathing and my nose seems even more messed up than before!

I've always been super self-conscious about my nose. I hate it so much! After going to my ENT last night, I found out that I have a deviated septum, a close nasal fracture an turbinate hypertrophy. Geeze! Since I have all of these problems, my procedure is considered purely reconstructive, not cosmetic, so my insurance is going to cover it which is great. My doctor and I spoke about shaving off the bump and making my nose more feminine by curving it so it has a little bit of a slope. I'm going for my next consultation later this week and having my surgery in mid-May. I'm very nervous but so excited!

The date is set!!! May 14th. I'm very excited but...

The date is set!!! May 14th. I'm very excited but VERY nervous. I guess knowing that my doctor needs to break my nose in three different places to fix it makes me a little uneasy but I know it's going to be so worth it. I also found out my insurance is covering the entire procedure! I do have a $300 co-insurance fee and my deductible is $500. Still, for $800, sign me up!

Date has been changed to May 21st. I'm starting to...

Date has been changed to May 21st. I'm starting to get a little nervous but none the less I'm so excited :)

Holy cow, one more week! I'm so so so nervous but...

Holy cow, one more week! I'm so so so nervous but even more excited. I'd love to hear tips from anyone on how to do well post-op. if anyone can suggest me what foods are easy to eat and what I should stay away from, and anything to help with the bruising or swelling I would appreciate it SO much! Thank you :)

Ahhh so it's done! This morning I was really...

Ahhh so it's done! This morning I was really freaking out, anesthesia scares me to death but my doctor and nurses were fantastic! When I woke up I was in a bit of pain but nothing too unbearable. They were pretty quick to give me pain killers. I can't see too well under the cast but boy does the top of my nose between my eyes look swollen. I'm a also bleeding.... A lot. But that's mostly when I have to get up. I'm drinking tons of fluids, fluids and eating ice cream. All the while I get to watch movies all day. Hopefully I'm still feeling good tomorrow! I'll be sure to keep you updated. I'm not going to put up a picture just yet since I'm bleeding a lot still but hopefully tomorrow :)

So... day 2 wasn't too bad until the evening. I...

So... day 2 wasn't too bad until the evening. I wasn't too swollen or bruised during the day but then I took a nap around 5 and woke up at 6 and it was like BOOM, my swelling doubled. I was pretty upset because I was excited that I had no problems thus far but, it happens!
Day 3 is here and it's the worst. I am NOT feeling hot at all. My face is so swollen that my eyes are super tiny and under my eyes I have red and black bruises and it looks like I'm wearing red eyeshadow! Not my best look. The painkillers are definitely helping to ease the pain but the splint is just so uncomfortable because I'm so swollen. The first two days I used frozen peas on/off every half hour to help ease the pain and now my doctor wants me to use moist heat on days three and four to see how it works. Hopefully tomorrow the swelling goes down.. I could really use a good night's rest!

I don't have much time to update tonight but I did...

I don't have much time to update tonight but I did put on a picture I took of me today! I will update tomorrow hopefully.. I've been super busy!
Dr. Watson

Rate my doctor isn't quite accurate yet! Haven't gotten the surgery and have only had one short consultation!

who is the doctor and what is the address?
What Is the address and phone number?
Hey How are you doing? Loving your results?
You look fantastic!!! Very natural. So happy for you!
you lookk amazing! I like how the tip isnt too high
Oh Jessica you are looking so great! And beautiful! (you were beautiful to begin with} The 8 day post op pic is so cute :) I cant wait to see more of your progress
oh hang in there! The worst is almost over I promise. I used frozen latex gloves filled with 50/50 water and rubbing alcohol. It worked great like a slushy hand that draped over the nose and splint. Take good care and know that in just a few more days your splint will be off and you get to see your new nosie!! :)
Being almost 2 months post op I am feeling great and honestly I don't really think about my nose very much :))) I was a dinner party recently and someone took my picture and for the first time I wasn't to concerned...and didn't mind how I looked in the actual photo :)))
Thank you so much for the advice... I did that with the gloves and it worked GREAT! I'm so happy for you :) I can't wait until I feel the same way :):):)
Exciting! Hope recovery goes well :)
Thank you :) I do, too!
Yay!!! Happy healing to you! I am excited for you xoxoxo
glad to hear it went smoothly :)
Thanks Star :) how are you feeling?!
Hello,
Wow $800 is awesome. I was just wondering did your doctor decide that your rhinoplasty was purely reconstructive and thats why your insurance will cover it, or how does that work? I'm new to all this so I am just trying to be as informed as I can for when I go for my consultations.

Thanks!
Michelle
I went to an ENT because on top of hating how my nose looks, I've been having problems breathing. It all depends on your insurance policy and how well they cover you... I'd say call your insurance or look up online to see what they cover. Good luck :)
Hi :)
How exciting!!! I can tell you I really enjoyed a few smoothies and nothing salty. Also keep your head elevated above your heart for 2 weeks...It seems every one seems to have a little different experience with post op. Mine sucked! I felt like I had been hit by a truck, but it really only lasted 4 days before i was getting back to feeling ok.
Good luck! I just know your surgery is going to go fine! I can't wait to see your results! :)
Thank you Star!!! I hope all is well with you :)
omg! My nose looks exactly like your's! Finally I found someone who has the same nose shape as me. I am so looking forward to seeing your after pics so that I can see how my nose will turn out when I get my rhino in about a year from now, Keep us updated. Good luck gorgeous! I hope it all goes well :)
No way!! I definitely will be sure to put pics on right away. Thank you so much :)
May 14th will be here before you know it!! You're so pretty in before pictures :)
I am excited to follow your story :)
good luck!! :)
Thank you!
800$ ahh so jealous :P
I'm lucky because it came so cheap but trust me, not being able to breathe through my nose for a looong time was a price to pay!