Step 1. Consult a Dr Step 2. Review Options to Redo or Remove Step 3. DECISION TIME - Reading, PA

I'm 30 yrs old. 8 years ago I was a 32A and...

I'm 30 yrs old. 8 years ago I was a 32A and decided to get saline implants placed under the muscle. It was 225cc. I went to a 34c. For 2 years ago I have noticed my left breast has a large dimple & there is rippling. Doesn't hurt, and now 6 months after giving birth to by daughter, my left breast is a D cup while my right has remained a C. I do breast feed, but even with a shirt on after breastfeeding there is a noticeable difference. I scheduled my 1st consultation with Dr. Brian Reedy for 3/10/14. So far the office staff, Stephanie was very friendly which is comforting. We scheduled for Mar bc I'm still breastfeeding and to do the procedure I have to be "dry". I'm so nervous, I'm leaning mostly to remove them, simply because the idea of having these in my body no longer appeals to me and I just feel uncomfortable. I got them done @ a time I really didn't know who I was, and felt I would feel better about myself and now after life experiences, I find myself wishing I hadn't done it. So I'm just hear sharing my journey and hoping to find some comfort and encouragement from you fine ladies...
Hi Reinhart! (I swore I replied to your comment on my review but somehow I don't see it there now!) Your story sounds so much like mine. We are close in age and got our implants done around the same time in our lives. I too felt they would make me feel better about myself or something. But now, especially after becoming a mother, I just do not want to have anything to do with them! Do you live near Reading? I've heard good things about Dr Reedy and actually reviewed his website several times earlier on. Have you thought about whether or not you will have a capsulectomy or lift? I'm really looking forward to hearing how your consultation goes. March 10 will be here before you know it!! Thanks so much for sharing your story and best of luck! :)
No biggy about the comment. When I read your story I was like wow! I live in Allentown but I thought because of all the reviews on dr reedy I would start there. I know they already said I need to be "dried up" before we continue which is a bummer but well see how the consult goes. I'll keep you posted :-)
I'm glad you joined the breast implant removal community and started your story! It sounds like you're in a very different place emotionally than you were when you got your implants. I hope whatever decision you make brings you peace. Please keep us updated!

Got my op notes and pics

So I contacted my original dr. Dr Keith Berman of Staten Island NY. I do recall he was an awesome surgeon! Anyways, I got my opnotes and pictures from before and after my surgery. I had Allergan saline moderate profile 270-300cc under the muscle filled at 325ml for both right & left. It was done nearly 8 years ago. 1. It is a shock to see my little babies. I used to call them Mary Kate & Ashley lol as the girls were super young and twins then lol!!! So different to see them after 8 years and it makes me nervous because they have obviously stretched a bit. My biggest fear is removing them and being super stretched out and saggy. :-((( I know I have a while before my decision but I so don't want to redo them and am desperately hoping they are gonna bounce back. I'm gonna take a shot from below laying down so you see the dimple on the left boob better.

Consultation moved up!

So Dr. Reedy's office contact me today about moving the consult to 2/24/14. Excited to be able to consult with the Dr sooner than later.. Still super nervous but I really feel I'm going the right direction. I'm excited to soon be explant free. :-)
Hey Reinhart! Your consultation was moved up, that's awesome! You'll be so happy to be one step closer! And really, March isn't that far off. Have you stopped breastfeeding already then? How long did they recommend for you to be totally dry, 3-6 months? Please keep us posted here! So excited for you to be on this journey!! :)
Thanks misspixie! I'm excited to get closer, I'm trying to stop breastfeeding but it's hard because when it really fills up I have to let it down out of fear I will cause myself more pain. But I'm down to about 2xs a day breastfeeding. He didn't quite mention how long I had to wait but I guess we'll discuss that during the consult.
We're you happy with Dr Berman's work with your breasts? I'm going in less than 48 hours for a lift with small implant to add volume from losing from pregnancy.

After consultation! Confused...

Had my consult with Dr Reedy this am. He's awesome knowledgable and very friendly. I went in KNOWING I wanted to have these suckers removed. Yet, after leaving I find myself questioning. Will I really be happier? What are the pro's and con's? Replacing them pros: my shape stays the same, they will feel more natural, no rippling, bra size stays the same. Cons: still unnatural, possible revision on 10-20 or even 30 years & $6900 fee. Removing them pros: back to being natural, no necessary revisions down the road. Cons: $4500 fee, although natural possibly saggy, small again.. Neither list can tell me if I'll be happier... I'm happy with myself as is, and don't think my boobs play a role but what if they do? Ugh... So difficult... I'm giving myself until the end of this week to make a decision. Either route I go I'd much rather get it done by April. Hmpf... Anyone have any suggestions for my confused state?
Okay. My opinion is based on the fact that I've definitely decided to remove mine, and I want to be smaller. I'm also having a lift so that I won't be saggy. That said... There's one thing you didn't have on your Pros list: You may have problems with capsular contracture with the second set. And the odds are that you will sag over time even with the implants. Anyway, my advice is to spend a lot more time on this website looking at photos and reading the stories. Good luck! :)
Thanks! I really keep going back to wanting them out because I'll be natural, and I won't have to do the maintenance in the future. This sight and community has been super helpful. I was so confident getting them out was what I want and then maybe fear or something set in at the drs office. The good thing is I'm not in a rush, there's nothing wrong with my implants aside from the rippling but I'm not in pain and nothing's wrong. So I can take my time and make sure I make the right decision. The idea though of having to go through another revision in 10-30 years really bothers me though lol!
And question which pro does this go under : "Pros list: You may have problems with capsular contracture with the second set. " doesn't sound like a pro. I know dr reedy said he's going to leave part of the capsular in (the part on the back wall, bc it's too bloody to remove).

After more consideration

So after more than 12 hours after my consult. I felt like all the original reasons for my wanting my implants out, scream out to me above any reason to keep them or redo them. So after the consideration, I'm still deciding to remove them. I might visit a few different drs offices to determine if I'm making the right choice. I hear wonderful things about my dr but one can never be too safe when it comes to their body. I don't want to side tracked from my decision. I just want to be understood and continue my journey to being natural.
Hey Reinhart, I don't mean to be trying to talk you into anything or away you one way or the other-- but I think it speaks VOLUMES that you have been on this site, reading and learning about explanting and that you have even gone for a consult. It sounds like the inner you really has some issues with keeping the implants and for one reason or another, you have been considering getting them out. I think the hardest part for me was to let go of all the questions and what ifs and just go with my gut. Of course you want to look beautiful and feel happy, but what decision is going to bring you the most peace??
That is such a good question to ask yourself and I really appreciate that you bring it up. To me I'm going to have peace when these are no longer part of my body. I just know it, after resting on it yesterday and sleeping all night I really am resolved to get them out whether with dr reedy or another dr :-)

2nd Consult Scheduled

So after much deliberation and a good nights sleep, plus paying attention to my inner voice, my decision hasn't changed. Removing the implants is still my goal! Fear did set in but it will pass and I'll probably get scared again but I know no matter what removing them is what I want. I just want to be sure with the Dr I'm choosing. I scheduled my consult with Dr Johnny Chung for 3/10/14.
Good for you!!!
Hi, I understand completely how you feel--the indecision and fear of what your breasts will look like after the explantation is completely natural. I was all for having mine removed because of capsular contracture and because I feel they have affected my immune system. I had my first consult last week and walked out of the PS office very happy with him, feeling a huge weight had been lifted off of me. I felt almost jubilant and positive that I would have my implants removed. The next day, I was struck with fear and started telling myself I just couldn't do this! I was so afraid of being disfigured and saggy! Well, after discovering this website and reading so many stories of what other women have gone through, I am solidly back to wanting these 23 yr old gel implants out of me! I haven't seen one person here who looks disfigured at all. Everyone who was unhappy with how they looked right after their explantation (too flat, saggy, etc) have been very happy after some months have passed by, because their breasts fluffed back out and look much better. A lot of them had considered having a lift, but once they waited a bit, they didn't feel they needed it, after all. Sooo...I have decided to stop stressing about my decision and just GO WITH IT, because I know I have the right surgeon and that was very important to me! I trust he will know what to do when he sees what's going on with my implants in the OR and that my fears will be unfounded. I think I'll be so happy to have these hard, toxic "things" out of me, that I will embrace whatever I'm left with. I have faith that my results will be good. My surgery is scheduled for 4/11/14, by the way. Anyway, I just wanted to reassure you that you aren't the only one who feels a little freaked out and uncertain. That's why I love finding this forum; we can be here for one another...before and after!! I wish you luck on making the decision that's best for YOU!!
I couldn't agree with you more, Petunia. Very wise words.

2nd Consult

Despite not having the best week being at 2 different drs appointments for unrelated issues and for some reason feeling super exhausted... And getting some sort of bug over the weekend, I'm at my 2nd consult hoping this is it and I can book my surgery date.
I know it's a serious drag dealing with the consults, but just remember what I said before. Make sure you really feel that the doc you decide on is right for all the right reasons, not that you're just sick of dealing with it. :)
Thanks! My 2nd consult was great!

April 3rd, 2014

Set my appoint for 4/3/14 for the removal of these balloons. Dr Chung was very easy going and didn't try up selling me on the newest and the best implant replacement. He asked why I wanted them out and that was that. He was really easy to talk to and said we can do local anesthesia as the capsules are fine, but left the choice up to me. He explain incision location would be same place I had them (aureolas) and they would pop the implant and then remove. I chose no cocktail (mixture of Vicodin & something else). No talk of needing drains. Total cost $2480 w/o anesthesia or $2900 with.
In my experience, explant does NOT make boobs sag more. The only thing I lost was the fake-volume of the saline, but my breasts hang no lower (in fact, a bit higher due to removing the weight). I have lots of sequence pics. If you love your life and everyone in it, chances are that you will feel the same or better without the implants. Best wishes to you!
WONDERFUL!!! I'm so happy for you. Can't wait til we're all free of these gross things!!!
Thanks @cand5! I can't wait either. Crazy thing is it's about 3 weeks before my big family vacation. I hope it'll be ok. :-/

Should I push the surgery date? How did you feel 1-2 weeks post op?

I have a vacation planned for 4/18/14-4/27/14 - nothing crazy just going to Disney World. So... Now I'm having thoughts that I should move it to after the vaca. With 2 weeks basically between the time I have the surgery and actually go on vacation. What is your opinion? Aahh... I really want to get this done. I have an 8 mth old and I do plan on getting on rides. I haven't asked my dr yet which I should probably do....
I had mine done under local anesthesia and it was really easy. My incisions were in the crease though, so that would be different. At 2 weeks I felt fully recovered. IMO, I would go ahead with your surgery. I think you would be fine for your vacation - just make sure you are wearing a good supportive bra for the roller-coasters :) Besides, that way you will have more healing time in before the swimsuit season.
Thanks mine will be where they originally did my incision at the bottom of the areole of each breast. And he's giving me a surgical bra to wear, after which I am going to keep a sports bra on. I just wonder about going to the beach... I norm don't get in water but when your south where the water is clear lol! It's so different... :-) I will just have to play it by ear.
They tell you not to go in water that has bacteria in it (no matter how clear it looks) until your incisions are entirely healed up. I'd ask the doc if I were you. :)

Decided I'm just going for it 4/3/14

9 days to go before I get my implants removed. I'm starting to get super nervous... Bah! Trying not to think of the what ifs and just be excited that I'm getting them out! They are part of a very emotional past that I can never forget but by ridding myself of them I hope to reduce the amount of times I have feelings of regret and hopefully be symbolic of getting rid of that part of my past..
I love symbolic changes! They are really important. It sound slike you have the life you want now and much joy with your family. You will feel so much freer. I do even with my insecurities with my new/old body image. I don't ever want implants again. I am excited for your transition!
Thanks tiggerousity! I really appreciate that! 4/3/14 @ 12:30p... 30 mins later I'll be done. Local anesthesia so I'm driving myself there and since I'm not having a cocktail of medication I will simply be driving myself home too lol.
Thanks for that info. I highly doubt I'd get in water anyway since I have the baby id be grazing it. :-)

2.75 days left!

I can't believe it's almost here.... So nervous but excited, I've been looking online for bralette's. Never really enjoyed bra's but looking forward to being small and bralette's, I dunno seem sexy to me especially bc there's so many varieties. Anyone using them, after explanting?
Praying all goes well, please update. I'm next month!
I just had mine explanted yesterday and am completely thrilled! Everything went very smoothly and I have no pain at all. Took a few vicodin yesterday, but nothing since 9pm last night. I went today for my post op and I look great. I am so happy I did this, you will be too! I feel lighter and already have more sensation on my breasts. The implants were pushing against the nerves and I was mostly numb. Good luck with your surgery.
@backtomyoldself - thank you for the info! I think I'm most nervous about not being able to hold my daughter but we will get past it quickly :-)

1 hr 45 mins to go

My stomach hurts I'm so nervous
When you read this you'll be done and "on the other side". :) Please let us know how it went and how you're feeling!
Hi ladies I just got breast implants about two weeks ago now I'm having second thoughts and I wish I can get them out I don't feel right I feel like a different person I don't feel right Thinking my body is not me I just want to go back to normal how long Do I have to wait to get them removed since I just got them done i've been sick to my stomach ever sense my head hurts all the time and I bowel movements are not good my doctor says I need to wait at least 4 mouth i don't think I can wait that long .just want to be back to my normal so and being happy again like I was in the first place I don't know why I made this big decision to get breast implant now I don't like how they feel It feels like I got something on my chest and it feels I just need to give it time to heal but I can't i'm a very active girl who likes to do a lot of sports I just feel like I'm going to constantly be the back of my mind that have to be careful all the time of what I'm doing is that true?
I was very active and once I healed I was back to my normal activities, you definitely won't look the way you will in like 6 months that does need time to heal. However if your adamant on getting them out I don't think you need to wait but since none of us are drs you are best to call your PS and discuss your concerns dear. Best of luck

Whooooah!!

Well here it is ladies! Dr Chung was amazing... We laughed and told stories during the surgery. He's a really good guy so was the assistant that was there. Soon as I got in the room, they had me undress top half only. Then I layed down and he marked my incision line about 1.5-2" where my original incision was (bottom part of the areole). Then he injected the local anesthesia whIch he said would pinch and burn but I didn't feel it much. Then he cut the incision n with that little lazer thingy to prevent a lot of bleeding be kept at each layer until he got to the impant. The right came out very easy, he stitched me back up and then went to work on the left. He said I was starting to develop capsule hardness but that it wasn't to all bad and I had scarring which is what caused the dimple in my left boob. Sooooo he did the same he did to the right but the pocket was a little tighter due to the capsule developing... He kept trying to get the stupid implant and bc it was smooth it kept just going back in! Lol... So funny bc at one point he was poking my rib and it tickled soooo much I kept laughing... Anyway, eventually he got the implant and I said... This one is probably gonna pop! Low and behold not even 1 minute after the implant burst and we all were sprayed with the saline. Lol! No worries it was cleaned up, he made sure there wasn't a piece of the implant inside of my breast cleaned it up and stitched it. Within 15 mins of that I was out the door. Craaaaaazy! But it was a good experience that I will never have to do again. None the less here are my little munchkins looking all sad and abused but he said it will take 3-6 mths for the skin to retract and said I'm ok to go on rollercoasters as long as nothing pulls on me and I can shower right away (thank goodness bc I have my boob water on me) and I can go to the beach and get in the water! Yaaaay! I'm very happy and am being very realistic these babes look sad right now but in the coming weeks are going to be so pretty and will bounce back slightly. And I'm ok with that because I'm natural. ;-)
You look fantastic!!
Aww thanks! I think I'll look fantastic in a few weeks lol but I def feel fantastic.
Congratulations and welcome to the other side! :)

Love dr chung!

So touching and really nice to get a phone call from Dr Chung. He asked how I was doing and recommended I take Tylenol to help with the coming discomfort. I absolutely was taken by that! That means a lot to me :-) I am starting to get discomfort though.
Happy healing ! Did you have the capsules removed? Look forward to seeing your progress x
I did not have the capsules removed, ps said there was no need although I was starting to develop capsular contractor in my left
Yay, you're back to NATURAL and can be relieved you don't have to worry about this anymore!! You look really good for the first day! Be sure to get lots of rest! Thank you for giving us an update and pics!

Less than 24 hrs Post Op

Not feeling to well. Pretty sore... Think I'm going to stay in today instead of what I originally wanted to do which is to to work. :-/ my left breast is more sore than the right. Probably because the ps fiddled around more in the left and that was the one that popped! So I think I'm going to rest. Here's a shot! I'm going to try to take 1 pick a day for 6 mths to see how it progresses and to show you all how it progresses.

Duh

Here's today's
Rest and heal. Dont over do it! You have weeks of the tissue healing and re shaping. Isnt it great to be on the other side?!
It does feel great! I didn't really rest as much :-/ I had my daughter all day but we napped a bit lol! That feltbgood! I'm trying not to take the pain med but sticking to the antibiotics. It's hard "relaxing" especially with my 8 mth old and I'm always an on the go person. But I'm certainly trying lol
Awwh it's hard with a little one ! Just take it easy when you can , yeah good idea to take the antibiotics ! Happy healing and enjoy your natural being !! You look wonderful ! :) Lots of love I got mine out yesterday , apparently no rupture , they were intact ! I feel great ! They are out ! Had low heartbeat in recovery , been in hospital , got drains In but they will take out later today ! Great I don't like those things ! Had a peek at my natural breasts! They don't look as bad as I thought they'd be ! Just hope they heal ok ! Xxxxx :)

3 Days Post Op

Still looking good and droopy! But they are so soft... I love my natural small boobies
You look really good x it must be a relief to have your operation over with, take care xx
Thank you! It is a relief! How are you? Hope well
Looking great rest up xxx

4 Days Post Op

My incisions are sooo itchy OH MY WORD ! Otherwise feel good! Got some new sports/bralette's today. I had some medium ones and they don't seem to have enough compression to it. No big deal. Can't wait til the skins retracts. But good news my hubby actually said I looked sexy! And he likes the feel of the soft boobies

:-)

Oh 1 more in my bralette
Natural boobs feel so good don't they?! :) hope you are feeling good!
They do! Lol! Thanks :-) I'm feeling great still :-)
You're looking great - I'm so excited for you to be on the other side! How is your energy level these days?

At my follow up appointment 6 days post Op! Feel great, doubt I'll get any bad news. Still itchy but what can ya do?
You look so youthful! :-)
Thank you! :-) I feel youthful
I am in the same situation. How long did you wait after breastfeeding to do the surgery ? My right breast is droopy n I suspect that it's deflated. Was your breast deflated or did it just change shape after breastfeeding? You are so brave to be awake during the entire surgery!!!!! Your natural boobs are beautiful!

Vacation & Feeling free

So it's now about 18 days post op. I feel wonderful, have a little bit of scar tissue that's hardening but I'm massaging it according to dr's orders and can feel it getting smaller. Am in Disney, did a rollercoaster ride yesterday where the bars went over my chest. There was a gaping spacing between my chest and the bars (yaaaay, best feeling). I'm seeing slight improvement with the way the small tatas sit on my chest now, doesn't look as concave.
You look better and better! So happy for you! :-)
Thanks ! I love them and sleeping has been wonderful.
Have you been doing anything special to get the skin to retract? You look great. Hope my skin tightens up as quickly!

New update

Almost 4 weeks now. Noticing my right breast is higher n fuller than my left. Not sure if it's fluid build up or just my right progressing faster than the left. Well here are the snap shots.
You look great! Hope you feel as great as you look too! Let us know how you feel please!
Thanks! I do feel great , started working out lightly in the chest area and normal cardio workouts, even went bowling and didn't have any problems
Beautiful! You've had wonderful results! My right breast is fuller as well! I've been pretty down about it lately, but I'm only nine days post-op, so I'm trying to keep my head up about it.

More pics

More pics. Noticed if I where a more fitted shirt then my boobs look like they actually exist but other times id wear a looser shirt and I looked pretty flat. Lol oh wells stuff happens at least I'm all natural. The bathing suite had some serious padding so my boobs look bigger in it but I removed the padding, so now I look flatter but I find that more comfortable.
I think you look wonderful! Mine came out six days ago, and I'm SO happy. I'm wearing a sz S shirt right now that I would never have worn before. For the first time in 20 years, I feel trim and proportionate. I hope I don't get too involved with the day-to-day or even week-to-week changes. Right now, I'm just enjoying being natural, soft, and looking SO much better in clothes. xoxoxo!
Thank you & I'm glad your recovery is going well. I think your right best thing to do is not focus on the day to day but just be happy :-)
You look amazing ! Did you get the capsules out ? I seem to be small like you , just wondering as my capsules were taken out , perhaps that's why I'm a more droopy ! :) but I love them so much ! Natural soft ! Petite is definitely beautiful , love the way clothes fit so elegantly ! love that ...the Audrey Hepburn style with the petite frame .. Love your pic in black and white! You look amazing ! Keep your head up high! And be proud to be natural and comfortable just the way you are the unique you not the way society try's to conform and control women. Soft hugs xxxx :)

7 week Post Op

Hi, having been around in a while, had vaca and super busy since! But I have my latest pics, also saw Dr Chung on 5/21 and all is well, I haven't been massaging the scar tissue was still there so I have been hard at massaging it since. The swelling is going down, he states, that as I work out I will experience swelling and fluid build up. But that the fluid will be absorbed by my body naturally. AWESOME! They do look sad still but it's ok I love them! I even went running training for a 5k and boy the difference was amazing!
you truly have great results.
you look great. I think you look happy and healthy! God bless. This inspires me. I have to save up $. I am thinking of doing a fundraiser. :)
I still think you look beautiful!
Reading Plastic Surgeon

So far the coordinator Stephanie was very friendly and helpful. Looking forward to meeting the dr and going from there. After meeting Dr Reedy for my consult. He was very nice, understanding of my desires and seemed to only want the best for me, he did recommend just replacing my implants with gel out of fear I may not be happy once they are removed. That left me a bit confused of what I really wanted but after a week of debating the end result was the same but I feared going back to him for fear the same thing would happen. So I decided to consult with another surgeon Dr. Chung of Allentown Aesthetic Associates. After meeting with him on 3/10, I really felt good about him as my surgeon. He asked why I wanted them removed but after hearing me didn't try to change my decision. That's really important to me! So he was my choice. I'm not saying Dr Reedy isn't good, but that was the one personal thing that drove my decision.