"Your Thighs are Almost Model-Like." Four Procedures w/Dr. Joseph F. Capella, Ramsey NJ, THE Master of Body Contouring after MWL

I had a tummy tuck and mons lift with Dr. Joseph F...

I had a tummy tuck and mons lift with Dr. Joseph F. Capella on April 18, 2013. My results were amazing. You may read about it here. So now I've decided to do a total body transformation. I am scheduled for a 6-hr surgery on October 10th. Dr. Capella will revise my tummy tuck to a lower body lift, do further tightening of my mons, and perform a medial thigh lift, arm lift, flankplasty, and breast lift. I am super excited! You may follow my journey on realself here.

Bra blubber, fat thighs, etc pre op

Blech.

A first look at my thighs, one-month post op

I am just a little more than one month post inner thigh lift (t incision) and lower body lift (no tummy tuck) and upper body lift (no implants). Here are a few blurry (sorry) photos of my gorgeous thighs. As soon as I get the before photos from Dr. Capella's office I will post them for comparison. My thighs were a mess after massive weight loss and he made them lovely and youthful. They surely don't look like surgery thighs or the thighs of a 49yo woman who was once morbidly obese.

Recovery of the thigh lift has been quite easy for me so far, just a small opening in the right groin and some swelling and skin tightness issues... No big deal.

My before thighs

I am extremely impressed with the results of my thigh lift. My thighs are beautiful and youthful and toned. My only problem is that one leg was pulled so tight that I am having trouble extending my leg and walking. My surgeon says the skin will stretch eventually.

6-weeks post op and thighs are swollen but looking pretty good

My 7-mos total body transformation from FAT to FAB

These un-retouched photos show my absolutely amazing transformation from April to November 2013 -- and I am still transforming! At the beginning of my journey, I was a size 14/16. Then just 3.5-mos after my tummy tuck I was a size 8. Now at 6-weeks post body lift and thigh lift I am a size 4/6. My results will keep improving across the next few months so please check back for updates.

Love to all!

My pre op photo shoot

So here are all the views of my thunder thighs before surgery.

Right leg no longer has a range of motion issue

For a few weeks after surgery I could not straighten my right knee without pain. The skin here was very tight. Dr. Capella told me to walk to stretch it and assured me that it would indeed stretch. But for a few weeks extended walking hurt the right thigh, especially since I had a very small opening in the right groin incision. So I got the idea to wrap my binder around my upper thigh to provide support and that really helped. Then recently I noticed that the right knee could flex easily and the right leg no longer pained me even after long walks. I am 6-weeks post op... funny how everything just seems to fall into place at 6-weeks. I even went to the gym this week and began an exercise routine (no repetitive motion of raining arms above the head, though, doctor's orders). The pic is me before heading to the gym today in my new FILA leggings size XS and shirt size S. I did not have the best body in the gym but I was the best dressed!

Low rise slim fit size 4 Lucky Brand jeans

Since my body contouring I have gone from having to wear Gap baggy cargo pants in a size 14, to Lucky Brand low rise jeans fit slim through the hips and THIGHS in a size 4.

You asked for it...

For those of you that wanted to see my ass and thighs...

The money shot!

OK, I told you that Dr. Capella is the master of thigh lifts and monsplasty. You'll have to take my word on how sexy he made my ugly monster crotch (hint: I would have been coming out the sides of the thong I am wearing in the pix). But I will share with you some risqué photos of my gorgeous thighs.

Even though I have good skin, my elasticity is poor owing to so many decades of morbid obesity. So unfortunately my scar migrated. You can see it in the second pic. Dr. Capella will revise it for me, but I hope it doesn't migrate after that.

When Beauty Is Not (Exactly) Truth

More than 15 million people in the United States are morbidly obese. The solutions are out there. For me they were: Weight-loss surgery, liposuction, thigh lift, monsplasty, tummy tuck, butt lift, arm lift, breast lift, facelift. But there seems to be a lot of shame involved in perfecting our imperfections, despite the popularity of the pursuit and some recent public efforts to address the topic.

Should we be more forthcoming about what we do to enhance our looks?

Labia spreading? No thanks!

I saw the absolute worst photo of labia spreading ever: http://www.intechopen.com/source/html/19131/media/image16.png Can you imagine if a surgeon did this to you during a thigh lift?

I addressed my concern about potential labia spreading with Dr. Capella a few times. The primary reason for my concern was that I had very little mons area above my cleft left after the mons lift that was done with my tummy tuck. And during the thigh lift, Dr. Capella was going to tighten the mons medially. I was concerned that pulling the mons and labia to the groin would cause me to spread open. Dr. Capella assured me it would not. However, because he did not "show" me, I remained concerned.

It was not until my markup that while I was lying on the recliner that Dr. Capella showed me. He said something to the effect that this is how he will pull me and he spread my mons with his two fingers. And as soon as he did that, my labia popped open like a clam - even making a "sucking" noise. That part was sort of gross. But what was important to me at the time was that Dr. Capella's demonstration of how he would pull me to tighten my mons confirmed my fears of labia spreading. I wanted to say, "Look, I told you that's what would happen" and in my mind I think that I did say that. But I was petrified going into surgery and could barely utter any words that morning.

Everything turned out remarkably well. Dr. Capella did magnificent work on my mons. I have no labia spreading whatsoever, and my once hideous and disfigured mons is beautiful and sexy. I don't know how he was able to accomplish that, but I have my suspicions that he used a magic wand instead of a scalpel. LOL

Thighs and incision at 3.5-mos post op

I have been feeling fat the past few days. I keep telling myself, "You are in size 4 jeans. You cannot possibly be fat!" Then I go and try on some of my old clothes from before plastic surgery when I was a size 14 just to prove to myself that I am small.

I jumped on the scale this morning and I am down to an all time low since gastric bypass surgery of 161. I am thrilled because I was afraid I'd gained weight. So I snapped this pic of myself just to see my transformation. And I like what I see. I like it very much.

What do you think?

Old pix of thigh incision at 1-mos post op

Dr. Capella uses a pie crust incision to relieve tension from the incision site. I really like this approach. It takes about 6 weeks for the incision to lie down on the thighs. You can see photos of the more mature scars in my review above. In this post, I am showing some early photos from one month post op showing the Famous Capella Pie Crust. Hahaha, I just made that up. Dr. Capella doesn't use korny marketing names for his surgeries.

4-mos Post Op with Dr. Capella

During my 4-mos post op Dr. Capella told me that I look incredible, fantastic, and he said there weren't enough adjectives to describe it. Well, I am blushing and I feel really, really lucky to have gotten these results, as if I have hit the jackpot with my surgery. Actually, I think that I hit the jackpot with my surgeon. He is one seriously brilliant plastic surgeon -- the best there is -- for body contouring after plastic surgery.

My ultimate results to date from body contouring (stages 1 and 2):
I lost 46 inches
I lost 38 pounds (11lbs and 1 liter of fat removed during surgeries)
I went down 5 sizes, from size 14 to size 4

Here's how that plays out:
4” lost from bust
2.5” lost from chest
8.5” lost from waist
10.5” lost from lower abdo
6” lost from hips (and FUPA)
4” total lost from thighs
2” total lost from knee top
6” total lost from upper arms
2.25” total lost from arms just above the elbow

I am gobsmacked and so stinking happy!!!

Correction: body contouring after WEIGHT LOSS

I meant to write in the above post that Dr. Capella is one seriously brilliant plastic surgeon -- the best there is -- for body contouring after weight loss.

My "before" thighs in jeans, per request

For the poster who wanted to see my before thighs in jeans...

My "after" thighs in leggings

Never could I have worn leggings before my thigh lift and monsplasty. Now I love love love the way that they hug my body.

The pic was taken on my spree today -- I am messing around in the Abercrombie & Fitch dressing room, the store that makes clothes super tight and only up to size 10. Here I bought three tees size XS and a hoodie size M. The leggings that I am wearing are LOFT size S. Just last April my size 14 Gap cargo pants were tight on me. I am thrilled with my results.

Finally fulfilled my thigh highs wish

In my review of Dr. Capella below, I wrote, "Over and over I look at myself in the mirror and I love how my thighs and mons look. I cannot wait to put on a pair of sheer thigh highs and heels (and nothing else). I've always wanted to look good in them and now I will." Well, tonight I wore this awesome pair of thick striped black thigh highs, black heels, a pale pink thong, and a black sleep shirt with pale pink piping all from my VS shopping spree yesterday. I was so taken with my reflection in the mirror... My first thought, "Is that really what I look like?" My second thought, "Yes. It is. Yum."

My thighs have not been this nice since I was a skinny 16yo. I don't know how Dr. Capella did it, but I am so glad he did. I love my thighs. Jass28, get ready to love love love your thighs! Good luck next week. You are in the very best of hands.

When fantasy becomes reality...

I have ALWAYS wanted to look good in a pair of thigh highs... so very happy that Dr. Capella brought my fantasy to life.

Dr. Capella charges ~$6-7k all-inclusive for a thigh lift

The $18,000.00 listed in my review is a little misleading. That was not the cost of the thigh lift alone. I had four procedures, one of which was a thigh lift, and the total cost including surgeon's fee, anesthesia, OR, ambulance transport, and three nights in the care center was $18,020.30. A thigh lift alone is only $6-7k all inclusive. That is money very well-spent, as Dr. Capella is the world's leading surgeon for thigh lifts, with the largest published series.

A selfie taken yesterday shows me in a mini skirt. Never did I think I would ever be able to wear this and look nice. I am so tickled to now be able to do so. Dr. Capella did an amazing job on my thunder thighs, turning them into beautiful thighs.

Size 2 Lucky Brand Skinny Jeans!

In my wildest dreams I never would have imagined that Dr. Capella would get me into size 2 skinny jeans. Wow! I love my figure.

Incision 6-mos post op - per request

Here is my right thigh incision at 6-mos post op. It is in the dark angry stage and should begin to lighten now. Ultimately it takes 18-months to reach maturity. At this point, I will not wear short dresses without leggings or opaque thigh highs in public because the darkest part of the incision is on the lowest part of my thigh, unfortunately. I may try waterproof airbrush makeup for cover-up.

Views of My Bariatric Life's Thighs 6-mos Post Lift

I ordered several bikinis from Victoria Secret. I have not worn bikini bottoms since my early 20s. Booyah!

Dr. Capella does really nice thighs.

My Bariatric Life thigh lift incisions 6.5-months post op

My scars are beginning to lighten on my inner thighs, especially the left thigh. I am very careful to keep them covered in the sun or at least wear a 50 sun block. I am hopeful that next summer I will be able to wear my short shorts and dresses! I cannot wait to show these beauties off! My thighs were so ugly for so long.

Dr. Capella does the best thighs ever! Recovery was pretty easy. And his prices are good.

Thigh Incision at 7-mos post op

There is not much difference since I last posted, of course, but I wanted to share a couple of pix of my thigh incision as it looks in public (e.g. what people would see if I wore shorts in public). They are beginning to lighten very nicely. I keep them out of the sun or use a 50 sun block on them.

"You and your legs just made my day!"

I was crossing the street in downtown Carmel, CA earlier today, snapping a pix of some of the very trendy shops. And a gentleman coming in my direction, says to me, "You and your legs just made my day!" My first thought was to reply that I just had plastic surgery, LOL! But I simply smiled and said "Thank you." He proceeded to tell me that he owned a jewelry store down the street and that I should come in if I wanted my jewelry cleaned.

A jeweler in Carmel, not too shabby... If I was not married I may have taken him up on his offer.

I was wearing a short, fitted B&W dress and a pair of black thigh highs and black vegan leather jacket. I love my legs!

Dr. Capella has given Me a Body to Rival the Body I had in High School

Years of morbid obesity and massive weight loss did lots of damage to my once thin body. But Dr. Capella took out his magic scalpel and Bibbidi-Bobbidi-Boo, he made my wish come true! I have a body on its way to rivaling the body that I had in high school. Just wait until Dr. Capella is done with me this Fall!

The before and after photos show me last April 2013 shortly before my tummy tuck -- my first plastic surgery -- and me at 50-yrs old taken about a year later in March 2014. I don't think it gets any better than this.

I am convinced that very few plastic surgeons can do what Dr. Capella has done for me.

Thighs no longer rub together when I walk

I had told Dr. Capella that one of the things I wanted from my thigh lift is to be able to walk without my thighs touching. I asked if he could do that and he replied that it depends on how far apart I spread my legs when I walk. Hilarious!

So yesterday i was wearing a skirt and thigh highs and I noticed I think for the first time that my thighs no longer touch when I walk. Yahoo!

Dr. Capella does the absolute best thighs ever!

Running + PALEO = Amazing!

I spent a few glorious months in NorCal with my daughter and granddaughter recently. Wow, was I ever so blessed to be able to do that. I do not often get to see them because they live internationally. They are off to South America next week to live for a few years.

My daughter has always been athletic, whereas I am a recovering couch potato. Hahaha. I asked her to help me work on my running while I was out there and so she did. We ended up running a 3k with my granddaughter in April and it was a great moment for me on so many levels. My daughter also did her first half marathon - wow!

She and I also did Whole30 and then went PALEO after that. I already eat super clean but this it up a few more notches. I got dairy and added sweeteners out of my life. It was the only place left for me to tighten my diet.

So the combination of running and PALEO has made a huge difference in my weight. Prior to that I had been working out at the gym and just could not drop any significant weight. I would teeter back and forth from the high 150s to the low 160s. Now I am steadily losing weight and not having any bounce back. As of this morning I am 154 pounds.

That may not sound like a lightweight to some people but it is the lowest weight I have been as an adult (over age 21). I am wearing size 2 jeans and I look and feel fit and sexy. My BMI is in the normal range. What I hope to achieve is to loose my excess visceral fat and whittle my waist. I do not want to loose from other parts of my body... They are perfect just the way they are.

I've lost about 50 inches and 45 pounds since last year before my tummy tuck surgery. The transformation has been nothing short of amazing! I am so very happy!
Dr. Joseph F. Capella

Most plastic surgeons will tell you that the thigh lift is the most difficult of procedures, especially on massive weight loss patients. Some surgeons even say the thighs just don't come out good from the procedure. However, there is one plastic surgeon who is a leader in thigh lifts. Dr. Joseph F. Capella has the largest experience in the world doing thigh lifts -- and body contouring for that matter, having done more than 1000 thigh lifts and 10,000 body contouring procedures. He did an absolutely wonderful job with my thighs. They are so firm and youthful looking - all the cellulite is gone and so is the saggy skin and fat from my inner thighs and knees. All of the nurses and aids at the CareCenter where I rehabilitated kept running their hands up and down my thighs to appreciate them. My contour is perfect and my incisions are very straight. I was concerned with how my thighs might come out but they look like beautiful natural thighs, not surgery thighs. Recently a fellow patient on RealSelf wrote me, and he stated "Your thighs are almost model-like." Dr. Capella also did a monsplasty with the thigh lift and I've never looked better. Over and over I look at myself in the mirror and I love how my thighs and mons look. I cannot wait to put on a pair of sheer thigh highs and heels (and nothing else). I've always wanted to look good in them and now I will. You may read my full review here: http://www.realself.com/review/ramsey-nj-medial-thigh-lift-lbl-arm-lift-flankplasty-breast-lift-monsplasty

Hi Bar, wanted to ck in Made My appointments for lower body, thighs, butt, love handles, Knees, Back, Upper eye lids, 12/1st & 8th.... then I'll be finished....All for 14.500.... so not too bad total body & Face will be 32,000 for a totally New Improved ME!!!!!! Can't wait.... Looking forward to be looking amazing at our wedding!!! Hope all well with you!
I saw Dr. Capella on Friday and I thought he was warm too. He seemed very knowledgeable and I like the fact that he specializing in thigh lifts. I have learned it's better to deal with a surgeons who specializes in a procedure. I have to loose a few more pounds for a good outcome after that I am strongly considering. My only drawback was I thought I could get a cut just around my groin he said for better results I need to go down my leg not all the way down maybe midway, because my skin isn't bad. I am so iffy about a scar down my leg. I wanted to wear shorts finally, I guess my scare could be covered by Bermuda shorts. @My Bariatric Life I need your morale support to make this decision. How has your scare turned out? I see your May picture are you ok with it. Is it that noticeable in shorts. I am also going to redo my tummy tuck (he will look at that again on my follow-up visit). The reason I am asking is because I don't want to look like a science experiment and freak my husband out. Do you stand by it's worth it? I don't want to be embarassed to take off my clothes. When were you up and walking? I am sorry I am freaking, but this is a big decision and I don't want another bad experience.
I had my surgery on Thursday and my scars will lighten up eventually. I'd rather have light scars than loose, sagging, cellulite -riddled skin any day. I can't wait to wear shorts. I look great already. My friends and family can't believe it.
Are you kidding......MG!! I thought you were waiting for September. How are you? How do you feel? How was he after surgery? So happy for you! Sorry for all the questions, really excited for you.
Meant "OMG"
I saw Dr. Capella on Tuesday and I love him!!! Im going to schedule surgery for September, I think. Hes warm, knowledgeable, confident, thorough and genuine. He answered all my questions an d concerns honestly and openly. I was very impressed. Thanks for writing here about him.
You are welcome! I am glad that I was able to provide you with useful information. Are you having anything besides a thigh lift? Have you had any other plastic durgery ? I, too, am having surgery with him in Sep. do you have a date?
I'm gonna have the body lift then the thigh lift. I've had Lapband surgery in 2008. I turn 50 on September 10th. So, I'm gonna try to schedule after my birthday.
Happy birthday!!!
Thank you so much!! Im scared, but I cant be happy with my body if I don't take a chance. This my birthday present to me.
It was the best thing I ever did for myself.
I admit I agree me too-
;-)
My bariatric life- You look great. You must feel like a million dollars. I just had my body lift done by dr C four weeks ago my stomach is looking really good but I have a few questions/concerns I would like to ask u - hope u dt mind. Ur belly button didn't scare did u use anything on it and ur Tt scare ? Are u happy with ur Tt scare? I'm alittle concerned with my thighs I didn't have an inner thigh lift but my thighs were lifted with my body lift and they looked great the first week but after that week they are looking teriable- did this happen to u? Not sure if it is bec they are alittle swollen this is happening or something is wrong which I can't under what. Also my back has not improved at all I guess that May taken the longest bec of the laying down the past few weeks. I k he is the best but it's hard not to get alittle worried. Thank u in advance for your time. U can email back at margsi1@yahoo.com
Hi M42 - congratulations on your plastic surgery! It was the best thing I ever did for myself. I was just at Dr. Capella's office on Friday and shared with everyone how fully I am living life now, doing things I never would have done before. Dr. Capella was the one who inspired me to do that a few months ago. Yes, I feel like a million dollars -- and it only cost me $40k (including my facial PS). I will reply to your private message with the rest of your questions.
I'm so happy to hear you kept up with your running! For me running is a Godsend...It does amazing things to my body and my mind! I run 40 miles a week, and that allows me to eat pretty much anything I want, if I want to drop a few pounds, I just add 3-5 miles and cut a few calories. I am currently training for a full marathon in November, I managed to get my weight down to about 122 lbs, and just had my body fat measures at 21% which for my age in on the border of LEAN and IDEAL... Me...LEAN???? I still find that crazy to hear, but I owe it all to running! Keep up the Great work!
Wow, I had no idea that you run so much! 40 mi a week is impressive,mas is your body fat composition! A BodPod analysis showed mine was too high... 30 or 31%. My trainer was shocked as she thought I was about 24% judging by looking at me. I cannot imagine doing a marathon, or even a half marathon. You go girl! I am running a 5k ColorMeRad run in September. My goal is to run it in 30-min and I am tracking very close to doing that. There is still time for me to improve to ensure I meet my goal!
You are a determined woman, I have NO doubt you will smoke that 5K! It's a fantastic form of exercise , and a SURE fire way to reduce body fat....Stay strong and keep up the great work.
Thanks for your support! Indy just put i a new trail by my house and I can run all along the river. I cannot wait to try it out!
That sounds beautiful! Running indoors pales in comparison to running outside. There is no better feeling than being outdoors, just you, your sneakers, your music, logging those miles....Makes you feel like a champ!
Thanks!!!
So happy for you! I cook Paleo if you need recipes! Congrats in your run!!!
Thank you! Are you on Pinterest? I have many recipes there and would love to exchange them with you. My avatar is Borne Appetit.
I am LOVING MY arms & Breasts...OMG Looks Like when I was a teen....I am over joyed....SO Thrilled I took the plunge like You!!!!!!! Life Changing... You are so right....Thanks
I am so very happy for you!!! Congrats!!! Yes, I am very glad that I did this. It was very hard emotionally but at least my results are worth it.