Butt Lift (No Augmentation), Body Lift, Medial Thigh Lift, Extended Arm Lift, Breast Lift - Dr. Joseph F. Capella, - Ramsey, NJ

2013 was a year of transformation for me. I had...

2013 was a year of transformation for me. I had facial rejuvenation and body contouring from head to knee! Massive weight loss ten-years earlier from gastric bypass had left my face and body with sagging skin that aged me and interfered with the way clothes fit. After body contouring and facial rejuvenation, I am a size 4 and look and feel like I am in my 30s.

It all began with a tummy tuck on April 18th. You may read my review here. Those results we're so dramatic that I decided to follow through on my long-held dream to do a total body transformation. So on October 10th I had a 6+ hour surgery and four procedures: Breast lift, extended arm lift, thigh lift and monsplasty, and converted the tummy tuck to a body lift. You may read that review here. Finally, I underwent a 3+ hour facelift on December 12th and you may read about that here.

The body lift included a buttock lift but no augmentation. I had pretty good butt projection pre op -- no deflated wrinkled pancake butt -- but it was full of cellulite and did not have a nice shape. I called it my square old lady's ass. Dr. Capella told me that he would make it round and pretty.

Badonkadonk

I still cannot get over how tiny I am from body contouring plastic surgery. When I started this journey back in April of 2013, I was a size 14. And before I had my gastric bypass in 2003, I was a size 24W.

From 24W to 14 to 4. LIKE.

Tailbone still hurts 3-mos post op

I can't sit or lay on my tailbone 3-mos post buttock lift, and have continuous chaffing. There is virtually no fat left on my tailbone and I wonder if that is the cause of the pain. Has anyone experienced this?

It has been painful since I was in the recovery room to sit or lay on my behind. My surgeon said as the tissues loosened that I would be OK. But I am 3 mos and 1 week post op (I had 4 procedures) and although it is less painful, it still hurts a lot. I cannot even sit on a soft couch or lay in a soft bed... And forget about sitting/laying in my cast iron tub.

I asked this question to the surgeons on Realself and you may read their replies here, if interested:

The goal is to have the point of maximum projection opposite your pubic bone.

A plastic surgeon stated on RealSelf in regard to a buttock lift, "The goal is to have the point of maximum projection opposite your pubic bone." Hmmmm, can someone tell me where the pubic bone is in relation to my maximum point of projection in the pic attached?
When is your next follow-up with your doctor? Can you ask him about the tailbone issue again then? Sounds like it shouldn't hurt like that, at this stage.
Hi Kirsty, I have not yet discussed this problem with Dr. Capella but I do intend to ask him during my next follow up. I have to schedule that for sometime in the next two weeks. I will be 4-mos post op. I will keep you posted. Thanks for asking!
Good luck with your follow-up, let us know how you get on!

Loving my ass... look ma, no implants!

I am so excited that my ass is transforming and at 4.5-mos post op now looks round and pretty -- just like Dr. Capella said he would make it!!! I am amazed at what Dr. Capella was able to achieve without doing a BBL or implants. He is one phenomenal plastic surgeon for body contouring after massive weight loss.
Hello - I wondered how bad the scars end up being from butt / thigh lift? Do they fade naturally or are they always en eye sore. Thanks
There are a lot of factors that influence that. An indication would be to look at how your other scars have healed.

Debating on lifting my butt higher

Tomorrow I am seeing Dr. Capella in his Ramsey NJ office (5:10am flight with a layover in CLT, blech). One of the things he and I discussed on the phone was the possibility of redoing my body lift.

Should I or shouldn't I?

On one hand, I would like my ass higher and rounder. So that's one yes vote.

On the other hand, I am concerned about losing more projection than I have already lost. So that is one no vote. To be fair, I do not know if I lost projection from the butt lift surgery or from working out (the body metabolizes fat). I have stopped doing squats just in case, because that is really when I noticed the change.

Dr. Capella has done an amazing job with my body contouring. I have one last surgery with him for breast implants and tweaks to what he has done already just to fine tune things. He is generous with revisions - he loves my transformation and has described it as incredible and fantastic, and yet he is willing to go back into the OR and make it even better! I do 't know of any other surgeon who would do that.

I am so glad that I chose Dr. Capella for my plastic surgeon. I could not imagine going to anyone else for my body work.
Girl you look amazing!!!!
Thank you!!! Check out the b&w pix on my other reviews. I did a photo shoot in NYC for my. 50th birthday.

Now Wearing Size 2 Lucky Brand Jeans at 5-mos Post Op

I did a photo shoot in. New York City to celebrate my transformation as I turned 50 yrs old on. March 18th. I am approaching 1-year post tummy tuck - on April 18 2014 - the surgery that started it all.

In these photos I am 5-mos post operative from my stage 2 surgery with Dr. Joseph F. Capella and 3-mos post facial rejuvenation with Dr. Catherine Winslow. I am wearing size 2 skinny jeans from Lucky Brand. Dr. Capella gave me a body that is equal to or better than the body I had in high school. Dr. Winslow gave me a matured version of the face I had in high school. I wonder if I had not gotten morbidly obese and then had massive weight loss if I would have looked like this at 50 years old?

Heading into my plastic surgery journey, I don't know what I expected but it certainly was not this. Dr. Capella said I exceeded expectations and Dr. Winslow's practice told me they cannot believe how gorgeous I am. I hope that i do not come across as being full of myself by posting this. On the contrary. I am very grateful and count my blessings, which are many.

If you are contemplating weight loss surgery and plastic surgery after massive weight loss, my advice to you is DO IT. I am sooooooooo glad that I finally went through with my long-held dream.

OK, my ass needs work

I finally got a good look at my ass and it needs work. My daughter took a few shots and I was not happy to see cellulite on my right cheek or the point my ass now comes to. So the decision I have been debating on as to whether or not have Dr. Capella lift my ass more or not is easy. YES.

I cannot wait for the final stage of my surgery this Fall. I am looking forward to beautiful breasts and the round pretty ass Dr. Capella promised me.

Sometimes it takes two bites of the apple. I did a lot of damage to my body with morbid obesity. With a few tweaks to the wonderful work he has already done, Dr. Capella will give me a body that I love every inch of! It already has been an amazing transformation.
So you're redoing butt lift and breasts? when? I am doing abs and waist in October BB
September 29 baby! When are you doing your surgery in Oct? My 1 yr surgiversary is the 10th.
Hi I OMG! Lat night i bumped it to SEPT 5th. YAHOOOOOOO! abs,waist and fat to buttocks

Ass in pants

Today my husband was checking out my naked ass and told me it is flat and pointy and square not round and pretty (see above post). That wasn't what I was hoping to hear!

Ass in pants*

*Pix did not load with the post above.
Did you get fat transfer to face w facial rejuv?
No. I did not have any fat to transfer.
After losing my weight I found that my tail bone is not so protected. When I sit or lie in bed I feel it. It's like sitting on a rock that can't be moved. I don't know if there is a solution to this after product.
Joseph Francis Capella