Breast Lift (no implants), Extended Arm Lift, Medial Thigh Lift, Body Lift after Weight Loss - Dr. Joseph F. Capella, Ramsey, NJ

I am under-going a total body transformation after...

I am under-going a total body transformation after massive weight loss with the leading plastic surgeon in this category, Dr. Joseph F. Capella. You may follow my experience and see my photos here.

Perfectly round areola and clean incisions on the breast 3-weeks post op

Some pix of the lift 1-mos post op

They look pretty good in my sports bra, but still not sure if I like them nude. I can see that they are improving over time so I will try to wait patiently.

From D/DD to B

Here are my D/DD breasts before the lift. Now I am a B and trying to decide how large I want to go with implants.

6-weeks post op w/36 C push up bra

I am surprised how much projection I have with the push up bra. I remain disappointed with the way that my breasts look when nude, although I have seen them change for the better across the past 6-weeks. Dr. Capella already told me that he would revise me so I am not concerned. Sometimes is takes a second chance to go back and fine tune things on a MWL patient.

Dr. Capella created perfectly round areolas and nice clean straight incision lines on my breasts. I have seen lots of plastic surgeons fail at this. So I really appreciate his attention to detail and expertise here. He also made my areolas smaller. I don't understand why more women don't reduce the size of their stretched out areolas.

Small implants

I love what this woman was able to achieve with 200cc implants to create upper pole fullness and a more shapely breast http://www.realself.com/review/melbourne-au-23yr-breast-lift-200cc-implants I think that I am going to do something more like that versus going back to my pre op DDs.

Thoughts anyone?

An Inflated Vision of Beauty

In Venezuela, women are confronted with a culture of increasingly enhanced breasts fueled by beauty pageants and plastic surgery.

Breasts on the massive weight loss patient

So I spoke to my surgeon about the breasts of RealSelf member, Baracci http://www.realself.com/review/melbourne-au-23yr-breast-lift-200cc-implants. He told me that she and I do not have the same problems with our breasts. I had posted about her on Nov 17 and how much I liked her small implants.

My breasts are oddly shaped. Dr. Capella said they are sort of tuberous. Massive weight and massive weight loss does a lot of damage to our bodies. It is quite sad. For example, the nipple should be 21cm from the sternum and mine is 25cm AFTER my lift. My surgeon said that 21cm is not realistic for a MWL breast (I am paraphrasing him). And they are not round like a normal breast. I read this is owing to the crease being semi linear, which is common in MWL women.

There are some expensive treatments that some surgeons use to correct the breast (e.g. Strattice). I spoke with Dr. Capella about this because I do not want a larger version of my oddly shaped breasts with the implants.

Right now I just feel so sad about all the damage I have done to my body by being morbidly obese for so long.

I have posted a pic of my breast lift. From the profile view they look quite nice but head-on when I am nude you would be able to see the shape of my breasts and understand what I mean about them not being round. I am sure that they do not look as bad as I make them out to be. Dr. Capella told me that he will be able to make some corrections when he does my implants so as to make my breasts round. I just want them to look really pretty when I am nude.

BTW I am now a C cup

I guess that my breasts loosened up or something changed because they are larger now than they were right after surgery. The look quite nice, nicer than they did post op. I still will discuss moving the nipple areola higher with my surgeon but that is really fine tuning things.

My curves have returned

Here is a pic showing that my boobs have gotten larger -- and BTW so has my ass. I was lean after surgery and now I am curvy. I am happy either way.

My breast lift profile pic

Ok, I finally posted a full view of my breast lift that Dr. Capella created. Enjoy!

The small opening is where my body spit a stitch. It healed over rapidly.

Double D

I've been having the great boob debate in regard to my implants. Pre breast lift I was a 38 DD. They looked pretty good, not deflated and droopy as is often normal for a MWL woman. But Dr. Capella said if I wanted implants then he would have to do a two stage lift and implant. So, I had the lift last October and will get implants later this year.

Immediately after the lift I went to about a B cup. But over time I went to at least a C, maybe a D. Across the months I have been wondering if I want to go back to my Double D. Well, by the looks of things, I may now be a Double D at the base of my breasts. In this photo I am wearing one of my 38 DD Victoria Secret bras. The thing is, I do not fill the upper part of the bra like I did pre operatively. So I will need a small implant to create upper pole fullness.

36 D after breast lift, no implants

Prior to my lift I was a 38 DD. Now 3-mos post breast Lift, I just bought my first bra and it is a 36 D. It fits perfectly. I wish that the cleavage and upper pole fullness remained once I remove the bra. Then I would not need implants! Maybe I will post a pic of the matching bra and thong tomorrow. They are super sweet.

Here is the pic, as promised

I am a few days late posting the pix to go with the above post.

Full frontal nudity, almost...

It is interesting to see how my breasts have changed over time with the lift. Not only have they gotten larger but also the shape has changed. If you have been following my journey, you know then that immediately after surgery I hated my breast lift. In fact I went to Dr. Capella's office crying about my breasts and ass. Yeah, it was one of those emotional days early after surgery.

Initially, I was disappointed because my breasts did not look the way that I expected as far as the location and size of the nipple areaola complex. I wish Dr. Capella had prepared me for what to expect as I would have expressed my desire for aesthetic outcome. Dr. Capella told me that the approach he uses preserves a lot of projection and that most women like it. I know that he really liked the way that my breasts came out, and took a lot of care in creating them, so I felt bad telling him of my disappointment. Dr. Capella, being the wonderful plastic surgeon that he is, immediately offered to modify the size and location of the areaola nipple complex once my tissues were healed. But he did caution me not to go too small with my areaola. He said that he made them as small as is natural for a woman. I never knew there were standards of measurement for the body.

I also had expected that Dr. Capella would change the shape of my breast with the lift and put them higher on my chest. As you can see in the photos they are a little tuberous rather than round, and sit rather low on my chest, compared to what is natural for a woman. Dr. Capella explained to me that he cannot move them higher on my chest, that they have to stay where the mammary fold is, and he said that he could change the shape of my breasts by opening up the pocket when he does the implant.

That all sounded like a good plan at the time. But now that my breasts have gotten bigger, the things that I want to achieve with the implant are upper pole fullness and roundness. But I do not want to go larger than I already am, which is a D cup. So when I ask Dr. Capella to move my nipples, I will ask his advice on this. My guess is that he can further reduce the breast size and then add the implant... but I do not know this for sure and I do not know if it would be done in one stage or two.

I am actually wondering if he revised the lift, if Dr. Capella could get my breasts high enough to create upper pole fullness without the implant. If so, I might choose to forgo the implant. Decisions, decisions... I will not have a clear direction until I speak with Dr. Capella.

Anyway, this is all fine tuning things, as in the end, my breast lift did turn out beautifully.

Consult with Dr. Capella on implants and breast lift

I met with Dr. Capella last week to discuss my implants and lifting my breasts higher. Currently, I am in a 36 DD and my breasts look spectacular in my bra. But I want them to look spectacular in the nude.

We are doing saline moderate profile round implants. I forget what cc Dr. Capella suggested but he said it would bring me to a D cup. He will open up the pocket to round out my breasts and lift my NAC further once the implants are placed. Surgery is scheduled for May 29th.

You may follow my breast augmentation journey here http://www.realself.com/review/ramsey-nj-stage-breast-augmentation-dr-joseph-capella-ramsey-nj-super-excited

My Bariatric Life 5-mos post mastopexy w/Dr. Joseph F. Capella - 36 DD w/o augmentation

It definitely took some time to see the ultimate results of my breast lift. I am now wearing a 36 DD from Victoria Secret at 5-mos post op. The tissues settled and I guess there was fat redistribution to my breasts to bring me from a B to a DD cup, even though I lost weight. The shaped changed, too, and my breasts do not pull outwardly like they did in the earlier photo.
Dr. Joseph F. Capella

Dr. Capella’s technique delivers wonderful results: He combined my breast lift with an arm lift and flankplasty (extended arm lift). I love how Dr. Capella explained everything to me during my markup; it was fascinating. He uses a tailor-tack approach to preserve projection, and the flankplasty is something I have seen many surgeons leave out and this results in an undesirable aesthetic outcome. By addressing this area, Dr. Capella eliminates what many ladies call bra blubber, the fat that bulges out around your bra under the arms and on the back. The result is a very youthful look. Dr. Capella took a lot of care with my breast lift, meticulously using calipers to pull the skin intra-operatively with me in the seated position so as to create the most beautiful breast. My areola are now perfectly round and the same size, as well as symmetrical. My nipples are perky and the lollipop incisions are very clean. I just see so many doctors butcher women in this regard, but Dr. Capella did a wonderful job. He does very beautiful breasts and I cannot wait for him to finish my transformation with the implants. I had the breast lift with several other procedures during a 6+ hour surgery for a total body transformation after massive weight loss. Before my gastric bypass surgery I was a size 24W. After weight loss, I was in a size 14 and had a lot of redundant skin and fat. After body contouring with Dr. Capella, I am a size 4! You may read the rest of my review and follow my journey here http://www.realself.com/review/ramsey-nj-medial-thigh-lift-lbl-arm-lift-flankplasty-breast-lift-monsplasty I also had facial rejuvenation with Dr. Catherine Winslow and you may read that review here http://www.realself.com/review/carmel-in-facelift-and-feel-15-years-younger-incredible-work-dr-catherine

You are such an inspiration! Thank you for all your sharing. My lift with implants is going well. I week post and happy with results so far. Massages and scar gel are my new friends. Lol
Thank you! I look forward to getting implants so that my breasts look as good out of the bra as they do in it.
Very good results
Thank you!

Yes, I also like the look of RealSelf member, Baracci. I think that would be a very natural look on you versus a DD.

Love you the video about cosmetic surgery in Venezuela. Even the mannequins are getting BAs!

Yes, that is the member that I posted the link to. She is much more slender than me so I don't know if my results would be the same, but she looks marvelous. Those mannequins are quite a sight!!!
You look great without the implants....I would have been happy to look like you look now, only I didn't even have a full A cup....Can't wait to see you with the implants!
Thank you very much, AZDee! I like the way that they look in the sports bra. But I want to love the way they look nude. After all, they looked fabulous in my bra before surgery, so why bother to get a lift if they look good only in the bra. At this point I think they are improved since surgery and I hope that they keep getting better before I do the augmentation. It is so hard to find photos of breast lifts on the web without implants. I would love to see what a bunch of other women look like.
I am hoping to get a breast lift without implants and I find it so hard to find anyone that has had a breast lift alone. Thanks for putting up the photos, they look great!
Thank you. I had the same dilemma so I began looking at women who had breast reduction. As far as I know, it really is a breast reduction and lift. Also, check out the dermal suspension lift that Dr. Rubin and Dr. Agha do. It looks very promising.

Congratulations on all the weight loss! How exciting for you! Will you be posting any breast photos? Even clothed so we can see the before and after? Wishing you the best!

I just posted a few photos.

You look really great in your sports bra! Glad you feel like you're healing well. Thanks for your update!

Thanks, they are still too saggy w/o the bra. Dr. Capella said he would move the areaola higher even though he thinks my breasts look good the way they are.