Lower Body Lift, Breast Augmentation and Scar Revision on Arm Lift - Ramsey, NJ

After losing 55lbs almost 10 years ago, I fiscally...

After losing 55lbs almost 10 years ago, I fiscally thought I was happy with my body, writing in at 160 at 5'9. My arms were my biggest concern back then, as they were flappy after the weight loss. I decided to have them done. Without a lot of research about the procedure, complications, placement of the scar and the look of the scar, I found the doctor that I was happy with and went for it. At first I was happy, but as weeks went by I realized that my arms were still droopy and the scar was atrocious. It was red, wide and very much seen from the back. Had a revision a year later. Did nothing. So for the next 7 years I've worn nothing but long sleeves. 3 years ago I had 2 kids back to back and ended up losing more weight. Coming down to 140. At this point my whole body looked saggy. My breasts were deflated, stomach and thighs droopy. I started to hate my body, resented the weight loss and in some weird way thought that I would rather be fat. I looked great in clothing but awful naked. Haven't worn a bathing suit in years. So I started to look into going under the knife again, but this time it is something that I'm not looking forward to, as I already have negative experiences with plastic surgery. I've met with some doctors who recommended targeting the thighs first and then going through the rest of the body. When I met Dr. Capella. he explained to me that in order to have the thighs look good, he has to do the buttocks and the stomach all at the same time, hence the lower body lift. I liked that idea because it would fix several problems at once. The thing that did surprise me is that he said that my breast augmentation and arm lift can all be done at the same time. I was not prepared for that, financially or otherwise. He said that he does these types of surgeries every day and that I'm in good hands. I hope he isn't wrong. As for my arms, the doctor doesn't know why my scars look the way they do, but he said that he would cut it out completely and change the placement of it, so that when my arms are to my sides, you will not be able to see them from front or back. My breasts are not as droopy so he will do an augmentation without a lift. We chose 450 cc silicone moderate plus implant. My only reservation is the front of my thighs. Even thought Dr. Capella said that as the thighs get lifted, the inner portion of the thighs lift as well. But looking at his work and other surgeons work, I have not seen much of that. To me, it seems that the inner and front of the thighs look the same. My front and inner portion are far worse than sides and back. I really hope that I will not need a thigh lift after this is done and other with. I will be taking 2 weeks off work, hope that's enough. My surgery is 4 days away, and I will be posting my before and after pictures as soon as I'm able to take them post op. does anyone have any advice for recovery?
Good luck! I cannot wait to hear about your experience and see your pix!
I am having an LBL, breast augmentation and arm lift with Dr. Capella too. I've talked to quite a few of his patients that had all procedures done and they love the results and look amazing. Best of luck with your surgery. Mine is on the 16th of October. Are you spending the night at the hospital or at Care One?
how long are you taking off from work? im so scared because dr capella seems to be one of the few docs who do all these procedures at once. everyone else does it in stages and it scares me that im going to be under the bus for longer than expected.

Had to take pictures of my drains to email the doctor so that he can evaluate if I need blood clot injections

The good news is that at least now you're no longer in horrible pain and it's just discomfort. I hope after a week I can say the same. I know you have a active job but I think you'll feel much better by the time this week is up.
Yes, hope the worst is behind me. I really want to get back to my life. I haven't told anyone about this surgery, just my husband and my mom know. So it's very difficult to have to lie to everyone about why I've gone MIA.
Just think of how many people will begin commenting on weight loss as they'll see you smaller but won't be able to pin point that you got work done.

So now that I'm almost 2 weeks out,

There are more concerns popping up that are scaring me a bit. Since one week out of surgery, I've been having headaches every afternoon at 3pm on the dot. Don't know why that is. Asked the doctor he said that it could be a reaction to narcotics. Also I have had some oozing in my armpit since the surgery but today when I took a closer look, I noticed an opening. Sent a picture to the doctor but haven't gotten a response yet. I'm also concerned about the sutures in the back, they were dry and healing ok before but last night when I got off the couch, I had some bleeding. I still put gauze on it as it continues to bleed. I'm still hunched over and can't stand straight. Getting up is the most painful part out of this whole thing. Still can't sleep well. Last night tried to sleep in my bed with the help of 10 pillows but ended up waking up a lot in discomfort, back to my recliner I go tonight. I will be posting some of my before pictures and a couple of afters that I was able to take by myself. I'll ask my husband to take some pictures or me.
I hear that the opening in the armpit is quite common with extended arm lifts. In fact everyone I know who's had it (not just with dr. cappella) it happened to them. I think it's 1 in 3 that it happens to. Keep that area very dry. I know a couple people I know would keep a panti liner there just to keep it dry and would change it often. Just in case tell him to prescribe antibiotics. As far as the back did your husband check for any broken stitches? That also happens with lower body lifts due to incision pressure as we move around. Try and take it easy.
He just replied to me to keep it dry but I'm just so uncomfortable with that because I'm not wearing any protective garments and I'm afraid to get infection from clothes.
Take pantyliners and keep them secure with surgical tape and that'll keep it dry. Try to wear shirts or night gowns a couple of sizes too big so they're big in your arm area. To make sure my armpit is dry I am going to keep pantiliners on from the get go and change them a couple of times a day. I've been googling this a lot online and it's super common and those are some tips I've read from people that didn't have their arms open up or that as soon as they did that was how they kept it dry.

Before pictures

Front view

Front

More...

Arms

Some afters

Your tummy looks AMAZING and your legs look so smooth. It looks like the inner thighs also got a lift. Your boobs will drop. Trust me they will but also make sure you massage them. Once they start dropping you'll see a huge difference. The armpit I know that's quite common. Perhaps you should get some antibiotics since I saw your post saying it is smelly?
Post some side and back pics. At just 2 weeks out you look great. Can only imagine what another month will look like.
I asked dr capella he said just gauze

How are you liking your boobs now? What sort of implants did you get?
I'm still not liking them very much. They are hard and have yet to drop. Hurt a lot in the morning. I guess they look better than they did before but I would expect a better look and feel toward a 4 week mark.
Are you following JenniferHammond88 on realself? She had her boobs done with Dr. Capella and she is posting videos. In her latest she swears that lying on your boobs makes them soft.

Now that its been four weeks since my surgery I can give a little update on how things have been since.

The first two weeks were literally two weeks from hell. There was not a day that went by that I didn't think that I made a mistake going into this. The pain was excruciating. I can not imagine what I would do without my lift recliner. This is a major surgery that requires a lot of support from family and friends. I was home alone for the most part and not having someone there for me was far worse than not being able to reach things. It was an emotional roller coaster. Two weeks out I went to work although I would not advise that to anyone. In a way I got to leave the house and time did pass much quicker but physically I was unprepared. Third week was easier. Started doing my cooking and picking up the kids from daycare on my own. Wasn't easy but doable. Now that its been four weeks and I'm not in pain anymore just discomfort I can actually look at my results and enjoy them. Am I 100% happy? No. Am I glad I did this? Yes. There are a few concerns that I have but I'm not panicking just yet because I know it takes more than four weeks for things to settle in after surgery. To anyone going though with this type of procedure in the near future, don't freak out if you regret having the surgery in the first two weeks. I hated myself for having those thoughts. When I mentioned that at my post op appointment, Scott smiled and said that there wasn't a single person in that chair that didn't regret that surgery within the first two weeks. So that put me at ease a bit. Things do get better!!!

Four weeks update

More...

Well I do know that it opened a few days or so after the surgery because I didn't see the opening at first since I didn't lift my arms high enough to notice but I could smell something there and had discharge coming out. Only after 10 days or so I looked in and saw it open. So I don't think I did something because I barely moved at that point. But apparently it's very common and happens in one out of four because there is a lot of tension in that area. Right now the opening is smaller, does not smell and does not have any discharge. I still tape a piece of gauze into my armpit to prevent my clothes touching the opening.
BTW your thighs look great, much improved! i would not say that you need a thigh lift at all. are you happy with them now?
Glad your feeling better, I so know how you felt. I almost don't like talking about it so as not to scare people waiting for their surgery, but when you have so much done at once you are going to pay the piper! My husband's attitude was you are going to be in pain anyway and going to be laid up recovering so you might as well get as much done at one time as possible. Well that turned out easy for him to say, but for me having a face/neck lift, arm skin surgery and breast lift and implant all done at once, it was over the top. I said if I ever do so much at once again I will ask for a medically induced coma for the first 2 weeks...lol Glad you have made it to the other side :)

Scar pictures 4 weeks post op

Hi, thanks for your review. Any update on how you are healing and how you feel about the results of the surgery. I am considering your surgeon and would love to hear an update
How was your arm healing this time around? I know that was a concern for you based on your last surgery. I hope you are well!
Your story is so resonating with me! I've lost 40#, but could stand another 15# for my belly and hip, butt, thigh area. I also regret the weight loss at times because of how my body looks up close. My butt and stomach are my nemesis. I have empty pockets of fat and skin at my gluteal fold, did you have that? I would HAPPILY take your petite, adorable butt!!! Congrats on your surgery. You look great!

4 month update

It's been 4 months since my surgery and I'm healing very slowly. Some things I love, some not so much. I am scheduled for a revision to address some of the things that didn't go so well. Lowering one breast pocket, tightening the sides of the lower body lift and revising the scar on the arm. I'm still happy that I went through with this surgery but looking forward to tweaking some of the things.
How did your revision surgery go? I was scheduled for May 29 but we moved it to late September. I can't wait for my new boobs!
I just noticed that you have a really cute torso, just like Jass28. I hate that my waist is so thick. It is not like it is in my avatar after the tummy tuck. It is 1 inch bigger. I will post a pic on my body lift review. Please take a look and tell me what you think.
I think your results are amazing. After our body comes very close to the body we always wanted, we start picking at things we never thought we would. Back when I was big all I wanted was to be a healthy size 8. Never wanted to be thin. My dream goal weight was 150lbs. Now that I'm 140lbs and size 2-4, I'm looking picking at things that only I notice and I really think we've all come a long way and should pat ourselves on the back and enjoy the small imperfections that make us unique.

Some updated pictures

It's been almost a year since the initial surgery and almost 5 months since the revision. I will need another revision in sept to address some scars but this will be done in the office
Looking at your before and after breasts again and they look great. I was so sure that you needed a lift but apparently not. That is the one surgery I have left breast augmentation. I have wanted beautiful breasts for so long. They actually look rather nice now after the lift and I could live with them as is. But this is the icing on the cake for me after all that I have had done. So I wanted to ask what size bra were you wearing before and what size are you wearing now? If you had it to do over would you choose different implants?
I like the outcome of my breasts more than any other procedure. Before the surgery I always wore a padded c or d bra but I think I was a real b, now it's a d or a dd depending on the brand. I would go up to 500cc if I had to do it all over again. I'm 5'9 and not a tiny girl so I feel like they are not small but I would go a bit bigger.
I am like you in that I wear a D but I really look like a B with my bra off. I always thought that wad odd and. I am relived to finally find someone else like this. I think your tummy looks great, too.
Ramsey Plastic Surgeon