Lower Body Lift, Breast Augmentation and Scar Revision on Arm Lift - Ramsey, NJ

After losing 55lbs almost 10 years ago, I fiscally...

After losing 55lbs almost 10 years ago, I fiscally thought I was happy with my body, writing in at 160 at 5'9. My arms were my biggest concern back then, as they were flappy after the weight loss. I decided to have them done. Without a lot of research about the procedure, complications, placement of the scar and the look of the scar, I found the doctor that I was happy with and went for it. At first I was happy, but as weeks went by I realized that my arms were still droopy and the scar was atrocious. It was red, wide and very much seen from the back. Had a revision a year later. Did nothing. So for the next 7 years I've worn nothing but long sleeves. 3 years ago I had 2 kids back to back and ended up losing more weight. Coming down to 140. At this point my whole body looked saggy. My breasts were deflated, stomach and thighs droopy. I started to hate my body, resented the weight loss and in some weird way thought that I would rather be fat. I looked great in clothing but awful naked. Haven't worn a bathing suit in years. So I started to look into going under the knife again, but this time it is something that I'm not looking forward to, as I already have negative experiences with plastic surgery. I've met with some doctors who recommended targeting the thighs first and then going through the rest of the body. When I met Dr. Capella. he explained to me that in order to have the thighs look good, he has to do the buttocks and the stomach all at the same time, hence the lower body lift. I liked that idea because it would fix several problems at once. The thing that did surprise me is that he said that my breast augmentation and arm lift can all be done at the same time. I was not prepared for that, financially or otherwise. He said that he does these types of surgeries every day and that I'm in good hands. I hope he isn't wrong. As for my arms, the doctor doesn't know why my scars look the way they do, but he said that he would cut it out completely and change the placement of it, so that when my arms are to my sides, you will not be able to see them from front or back. My breasts are not as droopy so he will do an augmentation without a lift. We chose 450 cc silicone moderate plus implant. My only reservation is the front of my thighs. Even thought Dr. Capella said that as the thighs get lifted, the inner portion of the thighs lift as well. But looking at his work and other surgeons work, I have not seen much of that. To me, it seems that the inner and front of the thighs look the same. My front and inner portion are far worse than sides and back. I really hope that I will not need a thigh lift after this is done and other with. I will be taking 2 weeks off work, hope that's enough. My surgery is 4 days away, and I will be posting my before and after pictures as soon as I'm able to take them post op. does anyone have any advice for recovery?

Had to take pictures of my drains to email the doctor so that he can evaluate if I need blood clot injections

So now that I'm almost 2 weeks out,

There are more concerns popping up that are scaring me a bit. Since one week out of surgery, I've been having headaches every afternoon at 3pm on the dot. Don't know why that is. Asked the doctor he said that it could be a reaction to narcotics. Also I have had some oozing in my armpit since the surgery but today when I took a closer look, I noticed an opening. Sent a picture to the doctor but haven't gotten a response yet. I'm also concerned about the sutures in the back, they were dry and healing ok before but last night when I got off the couch, I had some bleeding. I still put gauze on it as it continues to bleed. I'm still hunched over and can't stand straight. Getting up is the most painful part out of this whole thing. Still can't sleep well. Last night tried to sleep in my bed with the help of 10 pillows but ended up waking up a lot in discomfort, back to my recliner I go tonight. I will be posting some of my before pictures and a couple of afters that I was able to take by myself. I'll ask my husband to take some pictures or me.

Before pictures

Front view

Front

More...

Arms

Some afters

Now that its been four weeks since my surgery I can give a little update on how things have been since.

The first two weeks were literally two weeks from hell. There was not a day that went by that I didn't think that I made a mistake going into this. The pain was excruciating. I can not imagine what I would do without my lift recliner. This is a major surgery that requires a lot of support from family and friends. I was home alone for the most part and not having someone there for me was far worse than not being able to reach things. It was an emotional roller coaster. Two weeks out I went to work although I would not advise that to anyone. In a way I got to leave the house and time did pass much quicker but physically I was unprepared. Third week was easier. Started doing my cooking and picking up the kids from daycare on my own. Wasn't easy but doable. Now that its been four weeks and I'm not in pain anymore just discomfort I can actually look at my results and enjoy them. Am I 100% happy? No. Am I glad I did this? Yes. There are a few concerns that I have but I'm not panicking just yet because I know it takes more than four weeks for things to settle in after surgery. To anyone going though with this type of procedure in the near future, don't freak out if you regret having the surgery in the first two weeks. I hated myself for having those thoughts. When I mentioned that at my post op appointment, Scott smiled and said that there wasn't a single person in that chair that didn't regret that surgery within the first two weeks. So that put me at ease a bit. Things do get better!!!

Four weeks update

More...

Scar pictures 4 weeks post op

4 month update

It's been 4 months since my surgery and I'm healing very slowly. Some things I love, some not so much. I am scheduled for a revision to address some of the things that didn't go so well. Lowering one breast pocket, tightening the sides of the lower body lift and revising the scar on the arm. I'm still happy that I went through with this surgery but looking forward to tweaking some of the things.

Some updated pictures

It's been almost a year since the initial surgery and almost 5 months since the revision. I will need another revision in sept to address some scars but this will be done in the office
New Jersey Plastic Surgeon

Looking at your before and after breasts again and they look great. I was so sure that you needed a lift but apparently not. That is the one surgery I have left breast augmentation. I have wanted beautiful breasts for so long. They actually look rather nice now after the lift and I could live with them as is. But this is the icing on the cake for me after all that I have had done. So I wanted to ask what size bra were you wearing before and what size are you wearing now? If you had it to do over would you choose different implants?
I like the outcome of my breasts more than any other procedure. Before the surgery I always wore a padded c or d bra but I think I was a real b, now it's a d or a dd depending on the brand. I would go up to 500cc if I had to do it all over again. I'm 5'9 and not a tiny girl so I feel like they are not small but I would go a bit bigger.
I am like you in that I wear a D but I really look like a B with my bra off. I always thought that wad odd and. I am relived to finally find someone else like this. I think your tummy looks great, too.
Thank you, I know a lot of girls that do that with their bras just to establish proper proportions on the body
Yeah but I actually measure out to a 36 D. I find that odd.
What date in sep are you having your in office procedure? I will be ther in sep and it would be nice if we can meet.
Sept 5th 1:30
My surgery is scheduled for the 29th
Your breasts are beautiful now! How did you make out with your arm scars this time around? I know you had problems with them from a previous surgery with another surgeon.
Thank you, my breasts are the only ones I'm 100% happy with. Everything else needs tweaking here and there. The arms aren't great, healing very slowly. I'm almost a year out of my surgery and the scars are nowhere near where I thought they'd be at this point. How are you doing? How are your results?
I am enjoying summer in a bikini - it has been a very long time since I have been able to do that! I have lost 45 pounds and 50 inches and so I had to make above my shoulders match below the shoulders, and had facial plastic surgery in December. I have a complication with my right arm and am in treatment for it - it stinks - no other complications thankfully. Did you ever find out the cause of your arm healing issue? This is the second time you have had problems, right ? But no where else on your body? There are treatments to lighten scars so I am sure there is help for you. If my arm scars do not go white I may ask about v beam laser. My thigh scars are already white.
It's not that it's arms only, I think I scar poorly everywhere it's just that arms is the only one you can't hide in your undergarments and that's why it's so frustrating to me.
Why is it that you scar poorly and what do you mean by that - wide scars, dark scars etc?
They are wide and dark
As far as I know, cutting them out is only to treat wide scars. They will come back just as dark and y will be starting over. I am pretty sure that is what dr. C told me.
Yup that's why I'm so upset, there is no hope for me :(
Have you looked into laser? I have a WLS/PS friend who had them done and was happy with the results. I also have friends who are clinicians (doctors and PAs) and they recommend massage and silicon and laser. One of them is Latina and her scars are nice and pale whereas Latinas usually scar dark. She did massage and silicon - check her out on RealSelf "lferraro"
I've seen her scars they are nice and white. I will look into it but I remember dr c saying that there is no real proof that lasers and silicone patches actually work so I was a bit discouraged from using it. Last check up he told me to look into red light therapy but I have yet to locate a place around me where I can go do it.
Scott had told me there is some clinical evidence that silicon works but it has to be done everyday for 9 mos. Dr. C told me to wait on doing laser as I am not that far out yet. It can take 18 mos for the scars to lighten. What is red light therapy? How are your arms otherwise?
Thank you for the information. I am looking forward to having a similar procedure.
With dr capella?
How did your revision surgery go? I was scheduled for May 29 but we moved it to late September. I can't wait for my new boobs!
I just noticed that you have a really cute torso, just like Jass28. I hate that my waist is so thick. It is not like it is in my avatar after the tummy tuck. It is 1 inch bigger. I will post a pic on my body lift review. Please take a look and tell me what you think.
I think your results are amazing. After our body comes very close to the body we always wanted, we start picking at things we never thought we would. Back when I was big all I wanted was to be a healthy size 8. Never wanted to be thin. My dream goal weight was 150lbs. Now that I'm 140lbs and size 2-4, I'm looking picking at things that only I notice and I really think we've all come a long way and should pat ourselves on the back and enjoy the small imperfections that make us unique.
Thank you!!! I really am thrilled with my body. I just need some tweaks. And I get what you are saying, but at the same time, you want revisions, too, so you can understand where I am coming from in that regard. It is about "not stopping" at something 3/4 of the way. I look at my photos from before I had my tummy tuck, and I never would have thought I'd end up with a body like this back then. Before my stage 2 surgery, Dr. C said the back fat would be removed, so I think I may need a revision there. I think cutting my sides would be over the top, and he has already refused to do that to me. So whatever imperfections I am left with after my stage 3 surgery will be OK. Looking forward to seeing your updated butt shot :-)