Lower Body Lift, Breast Augmentation and Scar Revision on Arm Lift - Ramsey, NJ

After losing 55lbs almost 10 years ago, I fiscally...

After losing 55lbs almost 10 years ago, I fiscally thought I was happy with my body, writing in at 160 at 5'9. My arms were my biggest concern back then, as they were flappy after the weight loss. I decided to have them done. Without a lot of research about the procedure, complications, placement of the scar and the look of the scar, I found the doctor that I was happy with and went for it. At first I was happy, but as weeks went by I realized that my arms were still droopy and the scar was atrocious. It was red, wide and very much seen from the back. Had a revision a year later. Did nothing. So for the next 7 years I've worn nothing but long sleeves. 3 years ago I had 2 kids back to back and ended up losing more weight. Coming down to 140. At this point my whole body looked saggy. My breasts were deflated, stomach and thighs droopy. I started to hate my body, resented the weight loss and in some weird way thought that I would rather be fat. I looked great in clothing but awful naked. Haven't worn a bathing suit in years. So I started to look into going under the knife again, but this time it is something that I'm not looking forward to, as I already have negative experiences with plastic surgery. I've met with some doctors who recommended targeting the thighs first and then going through the rest of the body. When I met Dr. Capella. he explained to me that in order to have the thighs look good, he has to do the buttocks and the stomach all at the same time, hence the lower body lift. I liked that idea because it would fix several problems at once. The thing that did surprise me is that he said that my breast augmentation and arm lift can all be done at the same time. I was not prepared for that, financially or otherwise. He said that he does these types of surgeries every day and that I'm in good hands. I hope he isn't wrong. As for my arms, the doctor doesn't know why my scars look the way they do, but he said that he would cut it out completely and change the placement of it, so that when my arms are to my sides, you will not be able to see them from front or back. My breasts are not as droopy so he will do an augmentation without a lift. We chose 450 cc silicone moderate plus implant. My only reservation is the front of my thighs. Even thought Dr. Capella said that as the thighs get lifted, the inner portion of the thighs lift as well. But looking at his work and other surgeons work, I have not seen much of that. To me, it seems that the inner and front of the thighs look the same. My front and inner portion are far worse than sides and back. I really hope that I will not need a thigh lift after this is done and other with. I will be taking 2 weeks off work, hope that's enough. My surgery is 4 days away, and I will be posting my before and after pictures as soon as I'm able to take them post op. does anyone have any advice for recovery?

Had to take pictures of my drains to email the doctor so that he can evaluate if I need blood clot injections

So now that I'm almost 2 weeks out,

There are more concerns popping up that are scaring me a bit. Since one week out of surgery, I've been having headaches every afternoon at 3pm on the dot. Don't know why that is. Asked the doctor he said that it could be a reaction to narcotics. Also I have had some oozing in my armpit since the surgery but today when I took a closer look, I noticed an opening. Sent a picture to the doctor but haven't gotten a response yet. I'm also concerned about the sutures in the back, they were dry and healing ok before but last night when I got off the couch, I had some bleeding. I still put gauze on it as it continues to bleed. I'm still hunched over and can't stand straight. Getting up is the most painful part out of this whole thing. Still can't sleep well. Last night tried to sleep in my bed with the help of 10 pillows but ended up waking up a lot in discomfort, back to my recliner I go tonight. I will be posting some of my before pictures and a couple of afters that I was able to take by myself. I'll ask my husband to take some pictures or me.

Before pictures

Front view

Front

More...

Arms

Some afters

Now that its been four weeks since my surgery I can give a little update on how things have been since.

The first two weeks were literally two weeks from hell. There was not a day that went by that I didn't think that I made a mistake going into this. The pain was excruciating. I can not imagine what I would do without my lift recliner. This is a major surgery that requires a lot of support from family and friends. I was home alone for the most part and not having someone there for me was far worse than not being able to reach things. It was an emotional roller coaster. Two weeks out I went to work although I would not advise that to anyone. In a way I got to leave the house and time did pass much quicker but physically I was unprepared. Third week was easier. Started doing my cooking and picking up the kids from daycare on my own. Wasn't easy but doable. Now that its been four weeks and I'm not in pain anymore just discomfort I can actually look at my results and enjoy them. Am I 100% happy? No. Am I glad I did this? Yes. There are a few concerns that I have but I'm not panicking just yet because I know it takes more than four weeks for things to settle in after surgery. To anyone going though with this type of procedure in the near future, don't freak out if you regret having the surgery in the first two weeks. I hated myself for having those thoughts. When I mentioned that at my post op appointment, Scott smiled and said that there wasn't a single person in that chair that didn't regret that surgery within the first two weeks. So that put me at ease a bit. Things do get better!!!

Four weeks update

More...

Scar pictures 4 weeks post op

4 month update

It's been 4 months since my surgery and I'm healing very slowly. Some things I love, some not so much. I am scheduled for a revision to address some of the things that didn't go so well. Lowering one breast pocket, tightening the sides of the lower body lift and revising the scar on the arm. I'm still happy that I went through with this surgery but looking forward to tweaking some of the things.
New Jersey Plastic Surgeon

I just noticed that you have a really cute torso, just like Jass28. I hate that my waist is so thick. It is not like it is in my avatar after the tummy tuck. It is 1 inch bigger. I will post a pic on my body lift review. Please take a look and tell me what you think.
I think your results are amazing. After our body comes very close to the body we always wanted, we start picking at things we never thought we would. Back when I was big all I wanted was to be a healthy size 8. Never wanted to be thin. My dream goal weight was 150lbs. Now that I'm 140lbs and size 2-4, I'm looking picking at things that only I notice and I really think we've all come a long way and should pat ourselves on the back and enjoy the small imperfections that make us unique.
Thank you!!! I really am thrilled with my body. I just need some tweaks. And I get what you are saying, but at the same time, you want revisions, too, so you can understand where I am coming from in that regard. It is about "not stopping" at something 3/4 of the way. I look at my photos from before I had my tummy tuck, and I never would have thought I'd end up with a body like this back then. Before my stage 2 surgery, Dr. C said the back fat would be removed, so I think I may need a revision there. I think cutting my sides would be over the top, and he has already refused to do that to me. So whatever imperfections I am left with after my stage 3 surgery will be OK. Looking forward to seeing your updated butt shot :-)
Yes I do hear what you mean and I do need this revision because my hip contour is off.
Did you see the private message from me in your inbox?
It is amazing how much your breasts changed. They look wonderful now, aside from the one not dropping.
Your core looks great and so do your arms! Your breasts will look great too once he makes them even. I am so glad how wonderful he is with revisions. When is your surgery? Or will he do it in his office?
Actually my revision is going to be a 3 hour surgery. There are a few things that need to be done. Some of the scars look very wide and I developed some dimpling on my outer thighs and he will be lifting that part as well. I do like my breasts too can't wait for the other one to look better. I'm glad I didn't do a lift. Even through they are not as perky and the nipple placement is not ideal, it is a major upgrade from before.
Is the dimpling cellulite or something else? I just looked at your pix again and I am so amazed at how much your breasts and ass changed from early after surgery to now. They both look great!!! As for the lift, I thought you would need one for sure. But what an amazing transformation without it. Nice not to have the scars! When is your surgery?
It is cellulite but it looks like not enough was lifted. It is excess skin. My butt now actually looks so much better than the pictures. I should take a picture and post. It was pancake flat but now has some definition. Not as much projection as I'd like but I never had that much going on there. It was more skin than anything. My surgery is feb 11. How are you doing? How do you like your thigh lift? I really want one but hating the way my scars turn out.
Oh yes, post a pic of your hiney, please! Ha! I plan to go to NJ in Mar for my follow-up, an in-office revision, and consult for my final surgery. Then I hope to have that surgery in June. Oh my thighs were so ugly before my lift -- thrilled that I had this done. Jass28 showed me airbrush makeup that hides the scars really well until they lighten. So It looks like this Spring I will be able to wear all of those nice short, sleeveless dresses I just bought. I had to replace my entire wardrobe! Last April before my tummy tuck I was a size 14. Now I am a size 4!
BTW, I had my face done on 12-12-13, two-months after my body lift etc. So all of me from head to toe has been "redone."
Can you please share with me the information about the airbrush makeup? I'm going away to Israel in may and that will be only 3 months after my revision surgery and by the looks of my scars now 4 months out they will look terrible. Also, have you tried airbrush tan?
I only heard of airbrush makeup last night from Jass28. There are some video tutorials on youtube. It looks hard to use as makeup, but Jass28 sprayed some on her scar and sent a pic to me. It looked easy to do and I could not see her scar at all. I did not even think of the spray tan. That is a great idea! Have you ever had it done? I love my face when it is tanned but my facial plastic surgeon told me STOP tanning.
I use airbrush makeup all the time and love it. It's actually not difficult at all. I figured I would try on my very dark scar and worked beautifully. Also got dimpling back on my outer thighs but think it's because my inner thighs hang so much. So next month I am going for the medial thigh lift. I also have always had thick thighs and had my thighs stick out. You can see what I mean in my profile.
Do you mind sending me the information on the airbrush makeup? What's it called and where to get it.
I just looked and it's by dinair. I have both regular and waterproof formula. I've had it 2 years.
Does it come off on clothes? Is it waterproof and sweatproof? Do you like the way your scars came out? Mine are not so good. They are pretty wide and have a lot of hyper pigmentation. As for the outer thighs I think the reason why there is a lot of projection is the placement of the scar on the sides. Mine is below the hip bone, which makes that part "dent" inside and makes the other part look a lot bigger than it is. The revision surgery for me will address the position of the scar, hopefully that will change the contour a bit. Im not ready to book my medial thigh lift just because my scaring isn't the best and I want to see the way they turn out in a year. I'm very excited that you're booking yours so soon. When is the surgery? How are your breasts? Symmetrical?
Cool. I would like to try using it for foundation. I cannot stand the feeling of liquid foundation and don't wear it. But something airbrushed on would be very light, and even.
The airbrush makeup doesn't rub off on clothes. Especially the waterproof one. It lasts all day. It's quite fantastic and makes you look flawless but not overly done. About my Hips sticking out that's also a curse in my family. I've had it even when I was morbidly obese. Even the skinny women in my family have it. Darn Spanish hips and ass lol. In regards to scar I will need my armpit revised as it is wide where it opened. I don't think I want the butt one revised as to me it's no biggie. I may need the hole on my hip that's currently closing revised. He is also doing lipo on my lower back to get rid of a ball of fat I have there and will make my butt stick out even more. This will be done during my thigh lift. I am thinking the 26th of next month. Waiting to see if OR is available and if my job is good with the date. I can't wait to have normal thighs and I am sure it will help with the cellulite on the outer thighs.
Oh about my boobs they truly look the same shape as they were when deflated but filled up and perfect in my eyes. I love they that they fall naturally as I am sure natural DDs are not perfectly perky and that's what I didn't want. I absolutely love them.
I think your hips look terrific after the lift. As a kid I always remember my mother complaining about her hips being big. Her family is where the Latino genes are from and I guess she had a curvy Latino body. So hearing that big hips were not desirable all the while as I growing up was formative for me and I was glad that I got the narrow hips from my Scandinavian side of the family. Now, the other night at Zumba, I needed my Latino genes to kick in. But instead, I danced like a stiff white woman. hahaha! I cannot wait to try the airbrush makeup on my face and my scars. BTW all of my cellulite from my "cottage cheese outer thighs" is gone with the LBL and thigh lift. Yours will be, too.
I sure have a Latina body. I can't wait till my thighs don't spread out when I sit lol. And I figured the cellulite from outer thighs will also be corrected with it. Don't get me wrong with my lift I was dimple city and now I don't have too much on outer but inner thighs just hang.
I have the same issue but I'm afraid that if the scars are bad I wouldn't be able to wear anything short anyway.
Oops, Mom has a LatinA body, not Latino, LOL! I always make that mistake. Baby your body is going to be SUPER banging when Capella is done with you!!!