I Would Not Do This Again -Raleigh, NC

I went to see an orthodontist after my dentist...

I went to see an orthodontist after my dentist suggested it - I had crowding and a cavity and they said they could remove the tooth and move everything around and straighted my teeth out. Great. My bottom teeth are worse than my top, but you can't really see them so I had traditional metal braces on my bottom teeth for about nine months before switching to invisalign trays on top and bottom. At first, I only had buttons but on my bottom teeth. On tray 10, I had buttons attached to my top teeth, and it looks horrible. I look like someone has taken a black fine tip marker and drawn a line on all of my front teeth. I am so embarrassed to open my mouth because it is not at all invisible. The trays often have super sharp edges that I have to file with a nail file. They are just kind of gross, and the treatment is long (for me) and expensive. If I could go back in time I would not make this decision again.

I went back concerning the visibility of the top...

I went back concerning the visibility of the top aligners and all of my buttons (top and bottom) were removed, I have to go back for new impressions and they will send those to invisalign to see if there is another way to arrange/shape the attachments that won't leave such a noticeable mark. Of course, now this down time is going to be added to my never ending journey. I still would not do this again.
Just to clarify, I have a very talented orthodontist. I would recommend him to anyone, and invisalign is probably great for a lot of people, I just don't think my mouth was a good match.

Still unhappy in never ending retainers

Well, the clin-check (which I didn't know even existed until two months ago) came back - with my retainers even though I made it very clear that I wanted to see the plan before getting more pieces - and I am not at all thrilled with the finished product, which is still two years away. I don't like it at all. I am still not going to be happy with the aesthetics of my teeth, but I'm more than seven grand and two years in, so what do I do? I will still have buck horse teeth. I can't even get my teeth whitened because I have so many glue blobs on my teeth. I've had a temporary filling on a root canal for a year and a half now (can't get the crown if we don't know where the rest of my teeth are going to be), I now have no molars in my upper right because of a horrible root resorption infection, where I had to have a bone graft ($$$$) and need implants now ($$$) but again, can't do it until we know where to put them. I have old fillings I want re-done with resin, but can't because I can't whiten my teeth and he has to know what color to make them. I started this when I was 29. I am now 33. I have more than 25 trays left. I don't think invisalign is bad, but I feel like I wasn't a good candidate but was not told that. I didn't even know there was a computer model until a couple months ago!

I wish I had never done this

Well, it's now the end of 2014. My teeth still don't look like I've ever seen the orthodontist, let alone been going through years of treatments. I went in today for refinements. I asked to see the clincheck before the retainers were ordered, but that didn't happen. So, I said I didn't want the new buttons attached until I approved of the new/updated plan. The "finished" slide looked like the before picture of someone who was fixing only slightly crooked teeth. I feel like I've been swindled.

This is in no way to say this isn't an awesome option for a lot of people - I just wish I would have gone to any orthodontist who was honest enough with me to tell me I wasn't a good candidate. Or an orthodontist who wasn't so overbooked that they could actually pay attention to the patients.