My upper lids were starting to get droopy and I...

My upper lids were starting to get droopy and I had a pronounced bulge under my right eye. I am 47 and work in sales and need to look my best. I had 4 weeks off and decided to have the blepharoplasty done. My surgeon insisted on doing a conservative brow lift. He explained that doing the bleph pulls the lid and brow down. He showed me photos of the blepharospasm w/out the brow lift and it made sense. I am one day after surgery and looking mighty ugly. I will be patient and keep updating.

Day 2 post op

2 days after surgery. Looking scary. Yes I am questioning my decision. Yes, I will be patient.

Day 3 Post Op

My eyes have opened up a little. My son says I now look like Jesse Pinkman from Breaking Bad after hank beat him up. I guess that is an improvement?:) Bruises are more pronounced and I still feel loopy.

Day 4 Post Op

My eyes have opened a bit more. Bruising more pronounced and my face is swollen. I look like a chipmunk! No pain, but I am still lightheaded. I would like to get my brains back! And my GI tract has shut down. I took stool softeners, but they haven't helped yet. Blech. My forehead and the top of my head are still numb. My right eye waters off and one and it feels tight when I blink. I am looking forward to being 30 days out and more normal. I'm still not sure going through all this is worth it. Time will tell though!

Day 5 Post Op

Who are these people who say recovery from PS is no big deal? They are way tougher than me! My stomach hurts and I am still light headed. That doesn't even mention how scary I look. PS is NOT a walk in the park. That said, here I am on Day 5. I finally washed my hair, so I feel a little more human. It is hard to blink or see straight and my left eye waters constantly. I hope I am not annoying everyone with my daily posts, but the truth should be known. Plastic Surgery is Surgery! Hydracodone makes you constipated! Local anesthesia is still anesthesia and will rattle your brains! Do not undertake this endeavor lightly.

day 5 again

Day 6 Post Op

Swelling continues to subside. Gotta love the football player smudges under my eyes! My eyes are still watering, I hope once the stitches come out tomorrow that will decrease. I do feel like I am making progress. I am a little less light headed today. I may even feel like driving to the dr appt tomorrow.

Day 7 Post Op

Still feeling kind of loopy, but somewhat better. The good news is My GI tract is back on track. That maybe TMI, but if you are considering a procedure, you should know about all the ins and outs!
Brushing seems to be subsiding and the general swelling continues to improve. I am a little concerned about the pooch under my eyes and the continued droop over my right eye. Stitches come out tomorrow, so I will ask about these concerns and update my review.

Day 8 Post Op Stitches Come Out Today!

There is definite improvement on my right eye today. Selling has decreased and the bruising receded a bit. My left eye is still puffy and watery.
I am loopy when I stand up, I think that is because my eyes are still half closed.
I get my stitches out this afternoon. I will update after that appointment.

Day 9 Post Op, Stitchless! Wondering if I should have done this...

So, stitches came out yesterday. I did not see the doc, he mentioned that he would be away when I left "under the influence" last week. The nurse asked what concerns I have and if my eyes were itchy and weepy. My left eye IS itchy and weepy! She gave me antibiotic drops and that does help. She explained that the procedures cause irritation much like conjunctivitis. So I have Pink Eye in addition to Black Eye, haha. My left eye lid is very puffy. My concerns are: I look half asleep, a little hollowed out under my eyes, my eyebrows look like I am surprised and my forehead is high. The ladies in the office assure me that this too shall pass. I sure hope so! I worry I have not caused a different problem in trying to correct the first one. Whack A Mole, anyone? The nurse did tell me my loo pines when standing is from my still numb forehead and that my skin is in a different place in my head, thus changing my perspective. Wish I had known about this "change in perspective" ahead of time!

I hope I am not boring everyone with my daily rumblings. I am using this a a forum to document the ups and downs of plastic surgery. Information is power folks. I thought I was fairly well informed before I undertook this endeavor, but I feel woefully unprepared for the emotional roller coaster ride I have jumped on. I said it before, but this is not for the faint of heart!

Day 10 Post Op

I think the swelling has gone down quite a bit since yesterday, the bruising looks better too. When I look in the mirror, I am still concerned about the hooded eyelids and hollowed out look under my eyes. Also, the high position of my eye brows, my larger forehead and the change in my hairline. I hope this is only temporary. I will definitely ask at next week's appointment. On the upside, I am going to attempt makeup today and go out into the world. Wish me luck!

Day 11 Post Op

Sorry if I am boring you with TMI. Here I am at Day 11. Swelling has gone down in my face, my original face shape is returning! Bruises are not quite as bad, but I still look like I was in a bar fight. Concerns at this point continue to be the right eye looking hooded and the hollowed out look under my eyes. Only time will tell.
For those of you with itchy, gritty eyes, the antibiotic drops are a HUGE relief. I still feel a little dizzy and out of it, I think it is b/c my forehead and the top of my head are still numb. I feel like I am wearing a mask. All in all, I do feel much better than I did a week ago.

Day 11. : Coming out of the fog

Today I feel less brain damaged than I did. That's an improvement! I still have one droopy eye and one watery eye and some ugly bruises, bah humbug. I have a holiday lunch to attend tomorrow, that should be interesting. I look like I have a major case of pink eye. I may go with that story:)

Day 12. Almost Human

Feeling more normal. But I'm not looking normal yet. I went to a Holiday Lunch and my friend claimed she did not think I looked weird. I think she was just being nice. I wore my glasses and I think that helps camouflage my asymmetrical eyeballs. They definitely help cover the bruises.

Day 13: not almost human after all

Today was not one of my best. My head is starting to hurt, I think the sutures from the browlift are pulling and the numbness on my noggin is wearing off. I have been exhausted all day. Bleh... I get the staples out of my head tomorrow and I'll report back then.

Day 14. Feeling Down

I saw the doc today and had the screws and staples pulled out of my noggin. Surprisingly enough, it did not hurt. I am still numb on the top of my head and in the middle of my forehead. The doc came in and said I was not as far along in healing as he would have thought. Great! I asked If I should keep icing, and he said I should not have been icing at all after day 3. Well damn, that would have been nice to know! So take note folks, icing after 3 days SLOWS down the healing process.

I am still bruised and will get lasered if things don't look better tomorrow. I start a brand new job Monday, I can't go in there looking like I've been in a bar fight!

I discussed my asymmetrical eye balls and my surprised eyebrows. Doc told me I'm still swollen and my brows should relax. If they don't in a couple of months, he says he can fix it. He said he's never had to do that, as all of his patients ended up being happy after 1-3 months. I must be patient.

I said it once, I will say it again, this is not for the faint of heart. Plastic Surgery is a BFD (thanks Joe Biden)!

Day 15. Things are looking up

This morning, I think my right eye has improved. My eyelid is not halfway covering my pupil, at least I think not. I spent my shower digging crusts off my scalp, yuck. The nurse told me when she removed the screws and staples that crusts had formed around them. Boy was she right! So, if you get a brow lift or a facelift or anything involving your scalp, prepare to dig! Thankfully, I am still numb on my noggin, so what would probably have been painful was not. As much as I have complained about my numb noggin, it was helpful this morning. Now maybe my hair will part normally! I think my eyebrows have relaxed a little. Still questioning this whole thing, but I'm not quite as horrified.

Day 16 looking Better

I went out to lunch with friends today. They said they don't think I look weird. That was good news. Bruises are better but still visible, I hope they are gone by Monday! When I go to back to work! My eyes are still kind of dry and tire easily. Now if I can just stop obsessing on celeb plastic surgery websites!

Days 17 and 18 bruising greatly improved!

Yesterday I went to see the nurse-esthetician at the PS's office. She lasered my bruises and gave me a pep talk. She described all the things I've been feeling, physically and emotionally to a tee and told me everything was normal. She said there should be a support group for recent patients to talk to patients who are further along. She didn't know about this website. Without this website, I think I would be really, really worried about what I have done. Thank you everyone for your comments and supportive input!

As for how I am looking and feeling: my eyelids are still puffy and my eyebrows are unnaturally high. The laser really helped the bruises and I feel a little less self-conscious now. I keep saying to myself, "Patience!" I may wait until Wednesday for my next post. Thank you again everyone!

Day 21

Yesterday was not a great day. I got makeup in one eye and it watered and swelled and I looked crappy all day. Today was better, I decided not to poke myself in the eye this morning! I've been reading other reviews and decided to take a deep breath. This is a day by day process. Recovery is NOT the same as healed. I will reserve judgement until day 90.

I sure wish I had known what I know now.

Day 21 one more thing...

I am getting some feeling back on my forehead and the top of my head. The incision sites on each side of my head at bumpy. I wonder if this is normal? I still feel like duct tape is stuck across my forehead though.

4 Weeks Post Op. Better, but...

My left eye still feels dry and it's watery. My bruises are MUCH better and almost gone. I still have some asymmetry, but with makeup, I feel almost like myself again. My forehead and the top of my head are still numb. Some feeling is coming back, but I still feel like I have duct tape across my brow. A doctor friend said I still have swelling and probably would for another few weeks. I have my one month follow up this Friday. I will post the results of that conversation.

Merry Christmas y'all!

Another 4 week photo. With makeup.

4 week Check Up

Yesterday, I went back to see Dr. Stein for my four week check up. One eye is still dry and watery. He gave me some steroid drops and that helped a lot. I still look surprised, but better. I now have a sense of humor about my surprised look. Dr. Stein assured me that my eyebrows would continue to relax over the next few months. He told me I would probably come back asking to have them raised. Really?! I seriously doubt I will EVER want to have elective surgery again! He also told me the numbness on the top of my head and my forehead will last many months! Ugh! Vanity, thy name is woman!

I did get the all clear to go back to the gym, get my hair colored and do my usual activities. Today the gray roots are going!

Day 31.

Week 5 post op. Happy New Year!

I am happy with my lids and under eye area. Still not liking my eyebrows, but am reminded that it has only been 5 weeks and They should continue to relax and come down. I have really been questioning the brow lift. The answers I have received from the docs on this website have not been helpful. One told me to seek a revision immediately! It is astounding that surgeons take surgery so lightly.

Anyway, I will continue to be patient, but it is hard.

Folks, consider your posts before you press send. Facial PS is a very stressful and trying experience for the patient. Keep that in mind.

Six Weeks Later. Better.

Sooo. I feel like my eyebrows have relaxed a bit. I'm not quite so surprised looking. I still have asymetry, but I guess I'm getting used to it. The upside is that after 10 days of steroid eye drops, my eyeballs feel pretty normal. As in I don't think about having eyeballs so much. I'm still loving the TheraTears though.

A good sign was my teen-aged daughter saying to me, "hey mom, remember when you got that plastic surgery?" As though it were a distant memory. I guess that means I'm looking more normal. She told me I don't look surprised any more! just skeptical. Ha, I think that is a complement?

Here's the physical weirdness I'm still experiencing: I can move my eyebrows more, but sometimes I feel a little tug when I do. Almost like I'm straining a muscle. The feeling is coming back a little on the top of my head and on my forehead. I get little prickly sensations sometimes around my hairline. The strangest part is when the numb part itches, how can a place with no feeling itch? Sometime if I scratch a difference location, it gets the itch in a different spot! Nerves are weird.

One more thing...

One eye is kind of puckered up on the upper lid. I'll be asking about this at my next appt. I hope it resolves itself!

7 Weeks. Steady Improvement, but still feeling funny

In the past two days my right eyelid settled down a bit and I think my two eyes look less asymmetrical. My eyebrows are starting to move again, yay. By the end of the day, my eyes get TIRED. Sometimes I feel like the skin over my left eye is sitting on my eyelid and I have to hold a spot on my eyebrow with me finger to make it stop. Strange feelings all around. My right eyebrow and the part of my forehead just above it still feel kind of tight and numb. This is not s short healing process. If you are thinking of doing this, be prepared to be patient. I am not blessed with that virtue!

Emotionally, I still of moments of "Oh S#^T, what have I done?!" And moments of "I'm glad I did this".

I don't know if this is normal or if I am just a whacko. I'm just telling you like I see it. At the moment, I still question some aspects of the browlift. My wrinkles are all gone, but I am not wild about where my eyebrows are. Fortunately, my doctor says that can be fixed. I just hate to think I have to go back under the knife to fix it. He also says to wait six months. Other docs have said the same thing.

I think that is it for this week.

7 weeks again

Here's a photo with make up for a change.

8 weeks post op

I am running out of new things to say. TheraTears are still my friend. My eyes get dry during the day, especially the left one it is itchy too. I go back for a check up on Friday and will ask if another round of steroid drops are in order. My eyes felt great when I had those. As far as looks are concerned, I am still asymmetrical and the pucker over my left eye is still present. I feel like my left eye looks mor like my eye, but it sure itches. My right eye feels okay, but doesn't look like my eye.

Still wondering if this was worth the trouble.

8 weeks later with make up photo

Second photo. I think my eye brows are a little more relaxed. My right eye brow is still tight.

8 week check up. Max inflammation time!

I went to see Dr. Stein for my 8 week visit. He noticed the little flap on my left eye and said not to worry about it. He told me the skin is in its "remodeling" phase and things would be changing and settling. As for my itchy left eye, he also said weeks 6-8 were the peak for incision sites to feel inflamed, again, part of the healing process. He likened it to when you have a scab and it itches Al it right before it falls off. He also explained that the gland that produces tears is directly under where he works on an upper bleph, thus the dry eye. My itchiness has improved and I got new ketorolac drops that I hope will help. He also said my eyebrows will continue to relax and by 12 weeks should settle back to normal. He gauged my healing rate as "average". He said he's had some folks have no swelling or redness by 8 weeks, but they were not the norm. He says 6 months is when I should judge the results. I will keep repeating that!

9 weeks out Feeling better about it

Here we are 9 weeks after the "Big Event". I still have ups and downs about having done this. I had a nice talk with a friend who is a doctor and has also had several things done. She thinks I look great and has told me to stop obsessing! I should stop obsessing! Now I keep looking at people's eyelids! I do have a life....I need to get to it!

Thanks for humor ing me with the rant. Today I caught a glimpse of myself in the mirror and thought, hey I look like me! So there. I am posting a photo with no make up and one with a little makeup. I feel like my eyebrows have relaxed some more. Dr. Stein says they will keep relaxing. I will continue to reserve judgement until the 6 month mark. My doctor friend tells me 6-12 months.

Take always from all this: Patience. It is not a virtue that blessed me! Emotional roller coaster. Yes! I just read that Bachelorette Trista Sutter had her eyes done in 2012 and suffered depression afterward. Somehow, that makes me feel better. I am not generally an emotional person, this experience has rocked my world! Dry eyes. Just one. I had the sensation that my eyelid is drooping, but today realized it's the dry eye. I have new drops and that helps a lot. Kero-something's. You can stay one them. TheraTears are still my best friend. I have found I am not a very good photographer. It is hard to do a Selfie at an angle that doesn't make me look funny.

Okay, enough of all that. Here's some pictures. I think I am going to be okay.

Week 10 still improving

Here you go without make up and with make up. Still a bit asymetrical, but less than before. Left eye has an annoying fold. I have read on other reviews that this is normal. My doc said it was too. He took less skin off that side. Dry eye is much better. One eye, the one he took more skin off, is fine. The one with the FS is the one that has been the most bothersome. I notice that at night, underneath my eyes looks kind if buggy. I have to remember that I am tired and would look bad no matter what!

Week 11. What a difference a week makes!

Here I am 78 days after surgery. So far, things have gone just as Dr. Stein told me they would. He told me my eyebrows would be too high for a few weeks and then they would relax to their regular position by 12 weeks. Here at week 11, I no longer look surprised. The asymetry of my two eyes has improved and I feel like I look more like me. I have noticed that my eyes look different hour to hour, depending on how tired I am, the weather and what I have been eating, etc. My dry eye has improved dramatically. I have tried to be less obsessed with looking at my eyes and everyone else's too. It is hard! I have found myself obsessing on how eyes look to the point of distraction. Plastic surgery on your eyes is a major undertaking with a huge emotional component. Had I known what a ride this is, I probably would not have chosen to go through this. Even being mostly satisfied with the outcome at this point, I am not sure this was worth the mental anguish.

12 1/2 weeks later....

I went out of town this week and discovered how big of a difference lighting makes when you see yourself! My hotel had fabulous lighting and I felt like a million bucks every time I looked in the mirror. Then I came home to my badly lit bathroom and started judging myself again! But, I didn't judge as harshly. Things have calmed down. I am less asymmetrical this week and I guess things are normalizing. I had to reschedule my 12 week check up with Dr. Stein, I will be interested to hear what he has to say. My left eye still has some excess skin and I can feel it. Presurgery, my right eye was the one with that needed more attention. Dr. Stein fixed that one and was more conservative with the other eye. It is crazy how I think I can feel a difference between my eyelids!

Now that I am obsessed with examining eyes, I realize that most people have slight differences. Drew Barrymore is on the cover of a fashion magazine this month, her eyes have quite a bit of asymmetry in the photo. I was somehow comforted and surprised at the same time.

I went to see my parents for the first time since Christmas. My mom had to examine me and pronounced my eyes fabulous. She said I look 30. She gave me a thorough examination and her positive comments really made me feel better.

13 weeks

Sorry for the late update. The pictures I posted are at my 13 week "anniversary". I feel better about the results each day. I still have regretful moments, but those are happening less often. My left eye still feels like a skin flap is resting on it at times, it seems to dissipate after eye drops. Yep, I'm still using eye drops 3-5 times a day. I found GenTears for medium to dry eyes very helpful. They are kind of thick, so morning and evening for them. The rest of the time I keep TherraTears in my purse.

I am amazed that my eyes still change every few days. I went for my 3 month check up and Dr. Stein noted that my sutures are considered to be in the inflammatory phase because they are still red. I started putting Mederma scar gel on them at night and a silicone eye serum in the morning. The Mederma does seem to make a difference. Dr. Stein wants to reassess at 6 months, but he may want to take a little extra skin from under my eyes. I'm not sure I am up for any more slicing and dicing!

Week 14

14 weeks and counting... I look a little more like myself each day or maybe I am just getting used to my appearance. I still get a little bit of dry eyes and by the end of the day, my forehead feels like I have a strip of duct tape on it. Eye drops help the dryness; a little massage and my forehead feels normal again. I expressed concern about my left eye having a bit of a pucker to my PS, we agreed to wait until the 6 month mark to reassess. It is easier to be patient now that I feel better and look more normal. I am interested in your feedback.

14 weeks with make up

I goofed and accidentally cropped myself out of the photo in my previous post. I don't have the hang of the crop feature!

15 weeks and counting

Still healing, but I feel less obsessed with my eyes and everyone else's. There are even days I don't think about them at all. Today, however was not one of those days. My left eye felt wonky all day. The left one is the one that has crinkled. Less skin was removed and it has healed kind of funny. Only, I do not find it humorous at all. Dr. Stein says to wait until six months have past and then he may need to tweak it. Unless something major changes, it's going to need tweaking.

The good news is that my dry eye is mostly resolved. I thought it was all the way resolved until today. Maybe I'm just having a bad day. The weather is bad and I am sure that doesn't help my attitude. At least my eyebrows have relaxed back to their natural position. That has gone a long way in helping me feel less self-conscious. I have gone from having my eyebrows being my biggest source of consternation to my crinklely eye. I do wonder sometimes if my expectations are realistic. I had asymmetrical eyes before this procedure, I was just used to them. Now they are asymmetrical in a different way. I was not expecting that.

I didn't get around to updating at 14 weeks. I will post photos of week 14 and week 15. I finally got a close up of my crinkly eye. Oddly enough, it is more noticeable WITH make up. Go figure!

Whoops last. Update should have said 16 weeks!

I lost track of time. It's been 16 weeks since the big day. Those are photos from Weeks 15 and 16. Sorry about that.

17 weeks still healing. A little less obsessive. Just a little....

Well, here I am at just over 4 months post surgery. I can report that my eye obsession is waning. I found a great website, drmeronk.com, that has an "Insider's Guide to Blepharoplasty", what a great resource! Dr. Meronk thoroughly details everything. I was wondering if my expectations were unrealistic, turns out they are! What do you know?! Dr. Meronk says to expect asymmetry after a Bleph, it is more common than not. Also, puckering is a normal part of the healing process. Okay, I know Dr. Stein told me this, but hearing it from someone else does help. I am just hard headed sometimes. I encourage any of you reading this to peruse Dr. Meronk's website, it was a wealth of information.

Yesterday, I went to see a friend at my old job that I haven't seen for 5 months. Her first words were, "you look ten years younger, your new job must be way better!" She said I did not look tired any more. I confessed I had help. I figure it's better to get it on out there.

A couple of other thoughts...

I forgot to include that the feeling returned to the to of my head about two or three weeks ago. The top of my head itched constantly for a good while. That was strange, since I couldn't really feel anything. Now I can feel and the itching has decreased dramatically. I still itch a little, but nothing like before.

Also, occasionally, I still have the odd feeling of duct tape across my forehead. If I rub my forehead, it subsides. One tendon above my right eyebrow still feels a little tight. I noticed that eyebrow appears slightly higher in my photos. Hopefully, that will relax in the next couple of weeks. If I have one concern, it would be the brow lift. It did erase my forehead wrinkles and crow's feet though.

18+ weeks. Hydration is Important!

So here I am at the 18 week mark. I continue to marvel at how things can change day to day and from morning to evening. I drank coffee(something I rarely do) and in the afternoon, I had deep grooves under my eyes! Really bad wrinkles. I had a small panic attack, drank some water and went to bed. The next day, poof, they were gone. Lesson learned, stay hydrated!

As for my eyelids, I feel like the asymmetry is starting to decrease. I looked at old photos and my eyes were asymmetrical before. I am a little concerned that a little too much fat was taken from under my right eye. My upper left may need a tweak, but it is bothering me less now. I think my eyebrows are pretty much back to where they were 5 years ago. I feel a little tenderness over the right incision, but everything else on my head feels normal again. That is a big relief.

It is said that 80-90% of your results are evident after 12-14 weeks. Remember everyone is different. At 18 weeks, I am still experiencing changes day to day.

19 weeks and counting...

Well here I am. First the good news, my forehead seems to feel almost back to normal. Now for the kevetching... My eyebrows are still high and I feel like I was talked into a brow lift I did not really need. Why do I say this? Because every doc that answered my question about how long will it take my eyebrows to relax said I did not look like I needed a brow lift. That is 6 doctors. If I add the other two from the consults I had locally, that makes 8. Hmmm. Does a certain PS have some alimony payments I just made? I am not a happy camper today.

In addition, mentioned that my left eye was kind of wonky looking. I finally got it on camera. And also, by the end of the day, my eye lids kind of sink in to my head. When I get up in the morning, things are filled out again. Does anyone else have this happen to them? Thanks for listening to me complain. Sometimes I think that's all I do here. But dang, it when you fork over $10G's to someone who tells you how good they are, you want perfection! I thought the emotional roller coaster ride was over, but today I'm back on it. Blech.

20 weeks. We are at the 5 month mark

Thanks for putting up with my rant last week. I feel better this week. I posed a question about my wrinkly eye and received good answers from the docs on Real Self. Mostly, they reiterated what my PS told me: wait until at least the six month mark and it is a little extra skin that probably can be addressed easily. It is calming to hear the same thing from a different doc. That said, I noticed a slight change this week too! Amazing. Do our eyes change daily without surgery, but we just are not attuned to notice? I feel the little skin fold on my wrinkly eye sometimes. Also, sometimes my forehead still feels like it has tape on it. I can rub that feeling out. One line above my right eyebrow still feels a little tight and that incision is still a little tender.

21 weeks

I am now past the 5 month mark. I am still unsure if this was worth the trouble. I am glad to have this forum to vent. Thanks for reading my rants. I saw some friends that I haven't seen in 6 months and they asked me if I changed my hair, which Inhave. Lesson learned, if you do a cosmetic procedure, change your hair. That is what people notice! I still have a small bump at the end of one scar, but for the most part, the scars have faded. I don't have to put cover up on them any more. My forehead still feels like I have tape on it at the end of the day.

22 weeks, I think

Things are still changing, but I guess that is true even if you have not had surgery. My left eye is still giving me some dry eye problems. It is not terrible, but still a bit worrisome. I have made an appointment with the eye doc to check it out. I have to wait a month for the appointment! I still feel a little right is one spot over my right eyebrow, if I rub it, it feels better. I saw an 86 year old lady yesterday and we compared our blephs! She thought mine looked good, her's was fabulous! We agreed the process was more traumatic than we thought it was going to be. But one does heal eventually.
Raleigh-Durham Facial Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Stein thoroughly explained the procedure and why he does a brow lift with all of his blepharoplasties. The said he would be very conservative and is anchoring my brow. He warns me my eyebrows would look high for the first two weeks after the procedure, and then they would settle down. He called twice the first day to see how I was doing. The second day, I texted him a photo because I was worried about the continued bleeding from one eye. He said I was doing fine.

how have you been? surgery just a distant memory now? enjoying your new look this summer?
Hey girl you look great!! I know actually know what you are going through....I went to a doctor at Duke and the day of my upper lid surgery he had his intern sticking up my lid. I knew on the ride home both eyes looked different. It's been 2 plus years and the doctor did go back in and removed a bit more skin on right eye (free of charge) but fast forward to day I still have a lot droopy on the right eye. Another PS wants to add filler to eyebrow ...just not sure.
Thanks so much. How was the experience of getting the small excess removed in comparison to the "big" procedure? I've been told that it is no big deal, but I think all of the PS stuff is a big deal!
It was almost like the first surgery but only cutting 1/2 of my eye lid. It wasn't quit as bad but still a lot do down time. I have been to a few other PS and they said they could "fix it" with a little cut. I really thought it would have been "fixed" after the second surgery. My other eye looks fantastic, just never thought my doctor would even consider letting an intern touch me. I was so upset and he knew it. I had met with Dr Stein but remembered he wanted to the brow lift and i definitely did not want to do that. How are things with your eye today??
You look fantastic!
Just wanted to say Hi and see how you are doing. Did you see the eye Dr. yet about the dry left eye?
Hey there. I went to two eye doctors. They both told me I have blocked oil glands and allergies and that is what is causing my symptoms. Both docs were complimentary of Dr. stein's work, so that was comforting. So warm compresses and allergy drops have made things much better.
that's great. we only wish everything could be so simple.
You LOOK FABULOUS! One of the best I've seen so far. I'm researching having this done. Just the eyelid part. Looks great, I'm in NC also. Thank you so much for sharing.
Thank you for the positive comments. It has been quite an experience. Good luck to you!
Thanks for the reminder that healing will eventually occur. This waiting process is difficult though! Looks like one of my eyes is healing at a completing different rate than the other -- it's either that or my PS forgot to take part of the bag out! Arrgh! Again, many thanks for your updates!
You are welcome. I hope you are doing well.
Hi! I have a question. Did your PS use stiches on upper eyelids and tie them together ..or how was your stiching done? Thanks...
Hi Jen, I had regular stitches that were removed after a week. I'm not sure I understand your question about having them ties together. I had separate stitches on each upper eyelid. I had transconjunctive lowers, so no stitches there. I hope that answers your question. I hope you are coming along with your healing process!
That answers my question. I have stiches that are tied together as they go along my upper lid. I may not sound too factual as I just took a pain med and had a glass of wine, HA. I am still feeling loopy as I am only four days post surgery. I just am concerned about scarring along incision line, as the stiching is tied together, will that leave a starburst affect? Anyway, I am not too worried yet. Was getting depressed earlier so my husband poured me a glass of wine and told me to relax, lol. I have a small bump near my crows feet area, which I actually did not want them to go so far out into the crows feet area as I like my little laugh lines. Trying to post a picture to show you but realself has not uploaded that yet. Thank you for your feedback! I really appreciate it.....
Was just looking at your before pic, and WOW what a difference. You look bright and sunny :) I am three days after surgery and I am wondering if I did the right thing only because I have a little bump on side of crows feet where PS went all the way with the stiches. My eyes feel so tight, I cannot wait to get these stiches out Monday morning.
You look fantastic. Now wish I would have had the brow lift as well. Quick question, I am trying to write review and it has still not uploaded after three days, wtf? LOL Did it take you awhile for your first review to post? I love the pics, you really do look bright eyed and bushy tailed :)
I think my first review posted right away. I was pretty loopy for several weeks after surgery, so I could be dreaming that up. I used this site as a daily blog for the first month. I cannot believe it's been almost 6 months. Whew! And thank you for your encouragement.
Hi Jen, I was going to post some words of encouragement on your review, but I guess it hasn't posted yet. Hang in there! Rest and take care of yourself so you will heal.
your crows feet before were not as long as mine. mine are like 3 inches, lol. i don't think the brow lift would work on mine. i think i'll stick with botox for the forehead and forget about my crows feet.
I think if you didn't have the brow lift you wouldn't feel that it was so much trouble. Your eyes look great and the feeling of all the trouble will probably fade and you'll just enjoy your results. Like I said before - the brow lift will more than likely be worth it in the long run too because looking at my brow it looks like I could use one. I'm just too chicken to go that far. I know it took a long time for them to settle but they look like they're in a perfect position now. Sorry it feels like tape. I know how aggravating something like that can be. I cut a nerve in my finger and I hate that it has no feeling. My finger feels weird. Hopefully that weird feeling on your forehead goes away.
You have it the nail on the head, or brow... The browlift was more traumatic than I imagined. And all the docs and a few commenters doubting the need for it really cast doubt upon the credibility of my PS. Even though everything he has told me would happen has happened. It is amazing how one can just seize on negativity! Thank you Eyedidit, you are good and bringing me back to reality! Mostly, my frustration at this point is with the eyelid that will need a revision. This is nerve wracking business, and I am not looking forward to having my eyelid sliced up again!
are you talking about the extra wrinkle? i seem to have a row of extra skin/wrinkling towards the inside of both my lids. hopefully mine doesn't need a revision. i haven't figured out if that's how it was intended or he didn't take enough. the outer edges of my lids don't have that. i know it's only been 3 weeks but it doesn't appear to be shrinking. i think you can see what i mean on my close up pics.
i just went to look at my recent pics and it looks like the extra skin i'm talking about goes across the whole lid but in the mirror it looks to me like there's more towards the center, the outers have less of a fold .
You look great. I am surprised you are unsure if it was worth the trouble? I go in for to have my upper eyelids done on Wednesday. I am so nervous I am wondering if I am doing the right thing? No backing out now as I have already committed. Feeling unsure in Indiana....