My upper lids were starting to get droopy and I...

My upper lids were starting to get droopy and I had a pronounced bulge under my right eye. I am 47 and work in sales and need to look my best. I had 4 weeks off and decided to have the blepharoplasty done. My surgeon insisted on doing a conservative brow lift. He explained that doing the bleph pulls the lid and brow down. He showed me photos of the blepharospasm w/out the brow lift and it made sense. I am one day after surgery and looking mighty ugly. I will be patient and keep updating.

Day 2 post op

2 days after surgery. Looking scary. Yes I am questioning my decision. Yes, I will be patient.

I guess you will be looking great after a month by seeing you now. In my opinion, brow lift might not be necessary.
Thanks. Any encouragement is most welcome. I agree about the brow lift. My PS explained it is more "anchoring" than lifting.

Day 3 Post Op

My eyes have opened up a little. My son says I now look like Jesse Pinkman from Breaking Bad after hank beat him up. I guess that is an improvement?:) Bruises are more pronounced and I still feel loopy.

OH... does the browlift hurt? I hear it's painful? thanks!
I had a dull, thudding headache the first day. It doesn't hurt now. I think I am still loopy from the anesthesia and not having my eyes open all the way.
Hi Ncnetshopper, I think that your results will be great! I'm 42 and one of my consults recommended browlift and canthoplexy. The other four consults said that I was too young but I was still thinking about going with the first guy until I finally met the surgeon that I selected. We're just doing a upper and lower (and rhino), but I'm open to possibly looking into a browlift in the future. Good luck with your recovery and thank you for the review. Please keep us posted.

Day 4 Post Op

My eyes have opened a bit more. Bruising more pronounced and my face is swollen. I look like a chipmunk! No pain, but I am still lightheaded. I would like to get my brains back! And my GI tract has shut down. I took stool softeners, but they haven't helped yet. Blech. My forehead and the top of my head are still numb. My right eye waters off and one and it feels tight when I blink. I am looking forward to being 30 days out and more normal. I'm still not sure going through all this is worth it. Time will tell though!

It looked going very well. Your final result will be great. You made a right choice for the surgeon.
Looks good so far. Keep us posted, interested to see your progress.

Day 5 Post Op

Who are these people who say recovery from PS is no big deal? They are way tougher than me! My stomach hurts and I am still light headed. That doesn't even mention how scary I look. PS is NOT a walk in the park. That said, here I am on Day 5. I finally washed my hair, so I feel a little more human. It is hard to blink or see straight and my left eye waters constantly. I hope I am not annoying everyone with my daily posts, but the truth should be known. Plastic Surgery is Surgery! Hydracodone makes you constipated! Local anesthesia is still anesthesia and will rattle your brains! Do not undertake this endeavor lightly.

day 5 again

Slow going, one day at a time. Funny how good you can feel from having a shower and washing your hair isnt it. Sometimes its the smallest things that can make a difference.

Day 6 Post Op

Swelling continues to subside. Gotta love the football player smudges under my eyes! My eyes are still watering, I hope once the stitches come out tomorrow that will decrease. I do feel like I am making progress. I am a little less light headed today. I may even feel like driving to the dr appt tomorrow.

Day 7 Post Op

Still feeling kind of loopy, but somewhat better. The good news is My GI tract is back on track. That maybe TMI, but if you are considering a procedure, you should know about all the ins and outs!
Brushing seems to be subsiding and the general swelling continues to improve. I am a little concerned about the pooch under my eyes and the continued droop over my right eye. Stitches come out tomorrow, so I will ask about these concerns and update my review.

thank you for sharing your story! You will love the outcome in a few weeks. I could not bring myself to post my review until the other day because of the emotional journey it was. It takes a lot of guts to do this! At first my brows were very high and they have since come down. You will be fine :)

Day 8 Post Op Stitches Come Out Today!

There is definite improvement on my right eye today. Selling has decreased and the bruising receded a bit. My left eye is still puffy and watery.
I am loopy when I stand up, I think that is because my eyes are still half closed.
I get my stitches out this afternoon. I will update after that appointment.

I'm about four days behind you so I've been watching your progress like a (blurry, half blind) hawk ;0) I'm wondering if you've felt the itching sort of dry sensation around your eyes that I have and, if so, if you've found anything to relieve it? It all feels so tight and dry, it's just super irritating. Also, how are you feeling about the look of things? I'm slightly concerned that my eyes look very uptilted as opposed to how they looked before. The doctor says they will drop in two o three weeks but I'm terrified that I'm going to look like someone else when this is all over and despite his reassurances, it's hard to stay patient and wait for the final result. I want to look like me, only well rested, you know? In any case, you look great so far and thanks so much for posting your journey and pics. It's really a comfort to know someone else is going through the same thing. I can't wai to see if you feel better after your stitches come out!
Hi Chrisb73. I have had the exact same problem on one eye, it's maddening! The doc gave me antibiotic drops yesterday and that has helped. The nurse told me that the irritation of the procedure can inflame the eye, much like conjunctivitis. I've been using the antibiotic drops and then TheraTears too. As far as the look of my eyes, I am also concerned that they look totally different than before. The Nurses keep assuring me that things will shrink up and my eyebrows will go down. Getting the stitches out made a small difference in how open my eyes are. The half awake thing really feels weird! Hang in there!
Thank you so much for your post. It is really helpful to hear from others who have gone before me! This is an emotional roller coaster. I am trying to avoid the mirror, that seems to help. Your results look great!

Day 9 Post Op, Stitchless! Wondering if I should have done this...

So, stitches came out yesterday. I did not see the doc, he mentioned that he would be away when I left "under the influence" last week. The nurse asked what concerns I have and if my eyes were itchy and weepy. My left eye IS itchy and weepy! She gave me antibiotic drops and that does help. She explained that the procedures cause irritation much like conjunctivitis. So I have Pink Eye in addition to Black Eye, haha. My left eye lid is very puffy. My concerns are: I look half asleep, a little hollowed out under my eyes, my eyebrows look like I am surprised and my forehead is high. The ladies in the office assure me that this too shall pass. I sure hope so! I worry I have not caused a different problem in trying to correct the first one. Whack A Mole, anyone? The nurse did tell me my loo pines when standing is from my still numb forehead and that my skin is in a different place in my head, thus changing my perspective. Wish I had known about this "change in perspective" ahead of time!

I hope I am not boring everyone with my daily rumblings. I am using this a a forum to document the ups and downs of plastic surgery. Information is power folks. I thought I was fairly well informed before I undertook this endeavor, but I feel woefully unprepared for the emotional roller coaster ride I have jumped on. I said it before, but this is not for the faint of heart!

Day 10 Post Op

I think the swelling has gone down quite a bit since yesterday, the bruising looks better too. When I look in the mirror, I am still concerned about the hooded eyelids and hollowed out look under my eyes. Also, the high position of my eye brows, my larger forehead and the change in my hairline. I hope this is only temporary. I will definitely ask at next week's appointment. On the upside, I am going to attempt makeup today and go out into the world. Wish me luck!

don't worry about the eyebrow. it will definitely going down day by day. your upper eyelids will be beautiful too. you can check out with your before photo and you will find it has been so much different by now. hooded lower eyelids will later be smoother too. the most challenging part is hollowed out look under the eye. it could be the only disadvantage of the lower eyelid surgery. i am not a plastic surgeon. i had gone through the same journey last year. please avoid chicken and beef. it make some uneven surface and slower the healing time. try to eat fish and vege only for three months.
Thank you Rainny. Your comments have been a huge help! I am so thankful for this website and the good folks who post. I love fish, so I will keep it up. I figure if I have hollowed out under eyes, then fillers can fix that. I hope the results of your journey were what you wanted.

Day 11 Post Op

Sorry if I am boring you with TMI. Here I am at Day 11. Swelling has gone down in my face, my original face shape is returning! Bruises are not quite as bad, but I still look like I was in a bar fight. Concerns at this point continue to be the right eye looking hooded and the hollowed out look under my eyes. Only time will tell.
For those of you with itchy, gritty eyes, the antibiotic drops are a HUGE relief. I still feel a little dizzy and out of it, I think it is b/c my forehead and the top of my head are still numb. I feel like I am wearing a mask. All in all, I do feel much better than I did a week ago.

I love your daily posts. I won't be having this surgery for prob a couple years, but I do want it and it is good to know all the little details of the experience. (I have never had any cosmetic surgery). I'm excited to see your final outcome! Thank you for sharing all this information.
Thank you so much for your post , I am on my 3rd day after an upper and lower eye lift with fat transfer and a mini face lift ...all i can say is Holy Moly ! No matter how much research you do i dont think your really prepared for the ' I just got hit by a bus " look . But what does help is knowing your not the only one feeling this way !
Good luck to you! You are sooo right, I thought I was prepared for this. I was mistaken, this is like getting hit by a bus!

Day 11. : Coming out of the fog

Today I feel less brain damaged than I did. That's an improvement! I still have one droopy eye and one watery eye and some ugly bruises, bah humbug. I have a holiday lunch to attend tomorrow, that should be interesting. I look like I have a major case of pink eye. I may go with that story:)

Hi Nc, you're looking really good, I think your brows have already started to lower somewhat. Thanks so much for sharing your story. I'm scheduled on Jan 17th for upper/lower eyes and neck and doc wants to do brow but I share your fear on the permanent surprised look. But then, I fear I'll regret not getting brow done afterward so I'm thinking I'll go for it! I turn 50 next spring and want this done before my birthday.. You were pretty before, you're going to turn out beautiful! Please keep us posted and I don't think you can share too much info it's greatly appreciated! Wishing you continued fast healing!
If possible, don't go out within 3 weeks. Its easy to get infection while cuts are not yet healed properly. Some more any kind of make up is still not appropriate to apply near around the eyes.

Day 12. Almost Human

Feeling more normal. But I'm not looking normal yet. I went to a Holiday Lunch and my friend claimed she did not think I looked weird. I think she was just being nice. I wore my glasses and I think that helps camouflage my asymmetrical eyeballs. They definitely help cover the bruises.

Thanks Kitkat64. I appreciate your encouragement. I am glad you enjoy my musings. I hope I can accurately portray what this experience is all about. Good Luck to you!

Day 13: not almost human after all

Today was not one of my best. My head is starting to hurt, I think the sutures from the browlift are pulling and the numbness on my noggin is wearing off. I have been exhausted all day. Bleh... I get the staples out of my head tomorrow and I'll report back then.

Love all the detail you are providing.  Hope you feel better now that the staples are out.  Glasses work wonders to hide healing :)

Chin up, you look great and I'm SURE you will feel a ton better once the staples are out. That's got to be so much pressure that you don't even realize until its gone. I truly hope that tomorrow you feel like a new woman. Keep us posted!

Day 14. Feeling Down

I saw the doc today and had the screws and staples pulled out of my noggin. Surprisingly enough, it did not hurt. I am still numb on the top of my head and in the middle of my forehead. The doc came in and said I was not as far along in healing as he would have thought. Great! I asked If I should keep icing, and he said I should not have been icing at all after day 3. Well damn, that would have been nice to know! So take note folks, icing after 3 days SLOWS down the healing process.

I am still bruised and will get lasered if things don't look better tomorrow. I start a brand new job Monday, I can't go in there looking like I've been in a bar fight!

I discussed my asymmetrical eye balls and my surprised eyebrows. Doc told me I'm still swollen and my brows should relax. If they don't in a couple of months, he says he can fix it. He said he's never had to do that, as all of his patients ended up being happy after 1-3 months. I must be patient.

I said it once, I will say it again, this is not for the faint of heart. Plastic Surgery is a BFD (thanks Joe Biden)!

I was stunned at how different face work is than other things (I've had a breast reduction and a tummy tuck as well, years ago). Face is another animal entirely, and I don't think it's possible to mentally prepare enough. I'm sure it's a breeze for a small group of fast healers, but for a lot of us, it's a huge shock. It's your FACE. There's nowhere to hide. It's your calling card, what makes you you, and in spite of the fact that we invited someone to carve it up, you never really expect you won't wind up looking like you anymore. At least for the next while until you heal (and not just the 2 week BS they tell you it takes to heal enough to go outside, but I mean HEAL where you recognize yourself in the mirror and can stop wondering if you didn't just pay someone to disfigure you for life). Scary stuff, and as much as I'm starting to see me in there somewhere 10 days post op, and not as scared anymore, it was TERRIFYING. Like mental anguish level stuff. I don't know if I would do it again. I'd take the physical pain of a tummy tuck over the anxiety of this 100 times over. I couldn't sleep, I cried, went through terrible depression, it was the strangest week and a half of my life. SO, I feel you, friend. And from an outsider's perspective (which I know matters not at all when you look in the mirror), you're beautiful. It's all going to be okay, and I DO think the brow will settle in. If you need to talk, feel free to private message. Big hugs today, and sorry you're feeling blue.
Thank you again and again Chris 73. I cannot tell you how much your comments have meant to me. Just knowing someone else is going through the same emotional roller coaster ride is somehow comforting. I guess misery really does love company! Big hugs to you to my friend.

Day 15. Things are looking up

This morning, I think my right eye has improved. My eyelid is not halfway covering my pupil, at least I think not. I spent my shower digging crusts off my scalp, yuck. The nurse told me when she removed the screws and staples that crusts had formed around them. Boy was she right! So, if you get a brow lift or a facelift or anything involving your scalp, prepare to dig! Thankfully, I am still numb on my noggin, so what would probably have been painful was not. As much as I have complained about my numb noggin, it was helpful this morning. Now maybe my hair will part normally! I think my eyebrows have relaxed a little. Still questioning this whole thing, but I'm not quite as horrified.

I am on day 4 today and after giving in to recliner fatigue spent 4 hours in bed last night. Clearly I was not inclined enough because my eyes were only open a crack this morning so I googled looking for other's experiences and yours came up. I have applied a slightly warm cloth and that has done worlds for reducing the swelling and relieving the itchy feeling. Stitches are always itchy at this stage. I am already delighted with my brow lift and eyelids.. My procedures were more corrective in nature because I had a melanoma removed from my forehead about 10 years ago and that removal of skin had slightly pulled my brow down. With aging it was getting hard to keep my eyes open so my insurance paid for the correction of both the brows and lids. I looked at getting the lowers done to make a matched set but was not prepared to pay the additional $3800 (after the multiple procedure discounts.) Even with the swelling I have a better field of vision than before. Keep posting-- I will check in tomorrow and see how you are doing ;) It is always nice to have a leader.(Particularly when you feel like you are marching to hell and back lol) From everything I've read and from the other surgeries I've had I can tell you that it takes a full year for most scars to fully resolve. These scars will be small and the tissue is thin so I expect that the noticeable healing will be over in the first couple of months. I had a friend who had her lowers done and she said the same thing. It took the melanoma procedure a couple of months to get past a feeling of tension in my forehead which I suspect was from some internal swelling. When I had the melanoma procedure I went through the grieving process that change inspires. Even if you want change there is a letting go process so don't be disheartened. I was going to take photos but left my camera at the office and wasn't about to stop in and get it so thank you for posting yours.

Day 16 looking Better

I went out to lunch with friends today. They said they don't think I look weird. That was good news. Bruises are better but still visible, I hope they are gone by Monday! When I go to back to work! My eyes are still kind of dry and tire easily. Now if I can just stop obsessing on celeb plastic surgery websites!

I think you look great, I'd never know you had surgery based on your most recent pictures- the bruising and swelling isn't really noticeable.

I had my lower blepharoplasty done 4 weeks ago. I went through the weird looking stage and then a pulling of the lower eyelid skin also. It looks much better now. I still have more settling left to go on the outer corner scars and I have one dry eye suddenly. I went through a horrible depression after I stopped the pain pills, but this has passed. Even though I look a lot better than the first week, I would never have done this if I had known all i would go through.

Days 17 and 18 bruising greatly improved!

Yesterday I went to see the nurse-esthetician at the PS's office. She lasered my bruises and gave me a pep talk. She described all the things I've been feeling, physically and emotionally to a tee and told me everything was normal. She said there should be a support group for recent patients to talk to patients who are further along. She didn't know about this website. Without this website, I think I would be really, really worried about what I have done. Thank you everyone for your comments and supportive input!

As for how I am looking and feeling: my eyelids are still puffy and my eyebrows are unnaturally high. The laser really helped the bruises and I feel a little less self-conscious now. I keep saying to myself, "Patience!" I may wait until Wednesday for my next post. Thank you again everyone!

22 yrs ago I had, at the age of 43 an upper bleph, simply b/c I wanted to achieve a cosmetic result that would create more lid show. Genetically I had relatively heavy lids since I was a teenager (think Rene Zellweger). Anyway back then no one was recommending brow lifts accompany eye surgery, thank God. There is probably no surgery of the face a simple as upper bleph in terms of quick recovery, an amazing difference in appearance and no lingering "issues". Dry eye and the like were not even mentioned as a side effect for upper eye; Lower eye, possibly, but upper eye done as it should be, rarely if ever. Does anyone know what change in surgical technique has created the need for brow lifts to accompany EVERY upper bleph these days? Anyone shed any light on this? grace60
I agree with you. upper bleph can make enough amazing different look. Brow lift should not be necessary except some special cases.

Day 21

Yesterday was not a great day. I got makeup in one eye and it watered and swelled and I looked crappy all day. Today was better, I decided not to poke myself in the eye this morning! I've been reading other reviews and decided to take a deep breath. This is a day by day process. Recovery is NOT the same as healed. I will reserve judgement until day 90.

I sure wish I had known what I know now.

Day 21 one more thing...

I am getting some feeling back on my forehead and the top of my head. The incision sites on each side of my head at bumpy. I wonder if this is normal? I still feel like duct tape is stuck across my forehead though.

Thanks so much for all this information. Would love you to keep posting, but in the meantime I think I'll wait a while longer. Good luck and best wishes. Ann
I just want to say thanks for all the details and TMI you have written about. I just sat down and read start to finish your journey through the first 21 days. I have been contemplating doing my eyes for several years now and all the detail is so good for me to read, because it reminds me that PS is a BIG deal. So I have loved every bit of TMI you have shared. I think you are looking great and every picture really shows such improvement. Thanks again for taking the time to journal your thoughts and upload pictures!!
You are quite welcome! I am glad you enjoyed my musings.goid luck to you!

4 Weeks Post Op. Better, but...

My left eye still feels dry and it's watery. My bruises are MUCH better and almost gone. I still have some asymmetry, but with makeup, I feel almost like myself again. My forehead and the top of my head are still numb. Some feeling is coming back, but I still feel like I have duct tape across my brow. A doctor friend said I still have swelling and probably would for another few weeks. I have my one month follow up this Friday. I will post the results of that conversation.

Merry Christmas y'all!

Please join RealSelf or sign in.

Another 4 week photo. With makeup.

Nc you are looking great! I'm so happy for you and grateful you have documented the ups and downs of recovery. I'm scheduled for January 17th for neck and possibly upper and lower bleph.....my neck caused me to seek out PS evaluation in the first place. Doc suggested eyes and forehead also. Husband does not want me to do eyes just neck but I'm afraid my face will be out of balance if I don't do both......ugh! I can't take more than two weeks off from work and am afraid I won't be healed enough if I do eyes too.....sorry for this long winded whine of mine....you are helping others and you look great, Merry Christmas! I'll be keeping up with you, sending prayers for fast healing to you!
Hi Kitkat-- Some comments-- First, two weeks will send you back to work with pretty good lower bruising and some upper swelling. Three pretty much gets rid of the darkness but healing is very individual. I continue to have significant swelling at times and I had the upper bleph and brow lift Dec 9. They were approved by my current insurance carrier --Obamacare ends that Dec 31 so I had to push it into this year or risk the next insurance not covering it. The lower bleph was more than I could afford right now and I didn't think about doing it until the dr suggested it.. After his suggestion I too was afraid of looking "mismatched" but it really doesn't. I may go back next year just because he has me focusing on it now or maybe it will become a non issue once life picks up again. One thing to remember is that you can always go back, it might cost a little more because of the "multiple procedure" discounts but there is nothing requiring you to have it all done at one time. My suggestion having after having gone through the anxiety of decision of straining finances or waiting is to not be afraid of doing this in two steps. Without the insurance the upper, lower, and brows would have been $10,300. That is a huge investment in someone else's suggestion. Perhaps doing your central focus--your neck-- now and seeing how it turns out might be a compromise your husband would agree to? Is his concern money? Is he nervous about being with a younger looking woman? Is he concerned about the risks? Marriage is a partnership, so how much stress will doing it all cause? When I was struggling with what to do my husband told me that there is nothing wrong with looking old......yes he is alive yet but he came mighty close to having his life insurance finance the lower! You might want to pass that thought on to yours ;)
Hi Linda, thanks so much for your insight on doing multiple procedures. I am going to stick to my original focus, my neck. I have complete confidence in my doc but this is also a business so while I appreciate the docs before and after pics of what I might look like - I felt the profile pic of my 'after' looked exactly like my neck/chin did when I was young BUT the eyes from the front didn't seem right to me. I'm taking it as a sign to wait. Many thanks again for your comments!

4 week Check Up

Yesterday, I went back to see Dr. Stein for my four week check up. One eye is still dry and watery. He gave me some steroid drops and that helped a lot. I still look surprised, but better. I now have a sense of humor about my surprised look. Dr. Stein assured me that my eyebrows would continue to relax over the next few months. He told me I would probably come back asking to have them raised. Really?! I seriously doubt I will EVER want to have elective surgery again! He also told me the numbness on the top of my head and my forehead will last many months! Ugh! Vanity, thy name is woman!

I did get the all clear to go back to the gym, get my hair colored and do my usual activities. Today the gray roots are going!

Day 31.

i think they should have taken more off the lower lids...there's not much of a difference there and its still baggy...i wouldn't be too happy...can you go back and ask for more?
No. They remove the fat pads under your eyes. There is nothing left to take. They lasted your skin to tighten it up and help the wrinkles a little. But wrinkles are wrinkles.
How can a 30s something woman have gray hair? ;) You look great!

Week 5 post op. Happy New Year!

I am happy with my lids and under eye area. Still not liking my eyebrows, but am reminded that it has only been 5 weeks and They should continue to relax and come down. I have really been questioning the brow lift. The answers I have received from the docs on this website have not been helpful. One told me to seek a revision immediately! It is astounding that surgeons take surgery so lightly.

Anyway, I will continue to be patient, but it is hard.

Folks, consider your posts before you press send. Facial PS is a very stressful and trying experience for the patient. Keep that in mind.

I am day four on my upper and lower eyelid surgery plus I also had CO2 Laser Treatment all over my face. I have severe swelling and bruising not to mention my skin is crusty and peeling from the laser. I think I may even be getting cold sores from the laser. This is so not fun. Be sure you really want to do these procedures. It is not a walk in the park. It is emotionally draining for you and your family. My results are yet to be seen. I am hopeful but it will be a long road to recovery.
Amen! I wish you the best in your recovery. I think the key is patience. Good Luck!
I love all your TMI, never stop with the TMI!  I think you are looking great, definitely give your body more time to heal before considering any revisions.  You are so right that even though these surgeries are considered "minimal" the healing process is still pretty rough (especially emotionally).

Six Weeks Later. Better.

Sooo. I feel like my eyebrows have relaxed a bit. I'm not quite so surprised looking. I still have asymetry, but I guess I'm getting used to it. The upside is that after 10 days of steroid eye drops, my eyeballs feel pretty normal. As in I don't think about having eyeballs so much. I'm still loving the TheraTears though.

A good sign was my teen-aged daughter saying to me, "hey mom, remember when you got that plastic surgery?" As though it were a distant memory. I guess that means I'm looking more normal. She told me I don't look surprised any more! just skeptical. Ha, I think that is a complement?

Here's the physical weirdness I'm still experiencing: I can move my eyebrows more, but sometimes I feel a little tug when I do. Almost like I'm straining a muscle. The feeling is coming back a little on the top of my head and on my forehead. I get little prickly sensations sometimes around my hairline. The strangest part is when the numb part itches, how can a place with no feeling itch? Sometime if I scratch a difference location, it gets the itch in a different spot! Nerves are weird.

One more thing...

One eye is kind of puckered up on the upper lid. I'll be asking about this at my next appt. I hope it resolves itself!

NC, brows look so great! Your doc was right we just have to be patient...so happy for you. Did my labs for my PS week from tomorrow can't wait to have a neck again!
Your brows will come down visibly by about 5-6 months and with that the upper lids will "relax" and not be so tight, so that it looks very natural. At least mine did. I was very relieved as I was a bit of a nervous wreck for the first few months; I really felt panicky at times and kept calling my (very patient!) doctor. I also had varying degrees of intense swelling the first three months. Now I am hoping the brow doesn't come down too much farther, as I will get perhaps too much relaxation of the upper lid - right now, everything is perfect. We will see where I am at the year mark of the surgery. When I look at pictures pre-surgery it's amazing how fatigued, worn and tired I looked. I'm very happy I did the surgery though it was a rocky ride and some day years down the line I'd like to do my neck if that falls to pieces. But that takes $ and steeling myself for another surgery which can be traumatic at times - at least it was for me. Thank goodness everything turned out wonderful (knock on wood!).
Let me start by saying you look great and thank you, thank you for your continued posts! We love them. I have a question. If you were to do this over again would you do the eyebrow lift? It seems that most of your concerns and complications are due to that part of the surgery. It may be too early to answer this, but I am just wondering if you think the expense, pain and final outcome is worth it? I am going in for my consult this Monday and all your posts have helped me so much.

7 Weeks. Steady Improvement, but still feeling funny

In the past two days my right eyelid settled down a bit and I think my two eyes look less asymmetrical. My eyebrows are starting to move again, yay. By the end of the day, my eyes get TIRED. Sometimes I feel like the skin over my left eye is sitting on my eyelid and I have to hold a spot on my eyebrow with me finger to make it stop. Strange feelings all around. My right eyebrow and the part of my forehead just above it still feel kind of tight and numb. This is not s short healing process. If you are thinking of doing this, be prepared to be patient. I am not blessed with that virtue!

Emotionally, I still of moments of "Oh S#^T, what have I done?!" And moments of "I'm glad I did this".

I don't know if this is normal or if I am just a whacko. I'm just telling you like I see it. At the moment, I still question some aspects of the browlift. My wrinkles are all gone, but I am not wild about where my eyebrows are. Fortunately, my doctor says that can be fixed. I just hate to think I have to go back under the knife to fix it. He also says to wait six months. Other docs have said the same thing.

I think that is it for this week.

Thank you so much for your post. It is really really helpful to hear another's experience. You are right, this can be traumatic at times! Do you have photos posted?
Thanks for your positive post. I am glad my musings have been helpful to you. At this point, and I will concede it is too early to really definitively answer, I probably would not have done the brow lift. But, the jury is still out. I will reserve judgement until May. If you go through with your procedure, be prepared to have lots of ups and downs. Recovery is definitely not the same as healed. Maybe I am just wimpy, but my eyes get tired very easily. This is week 7 and I am still not quite right.

7 weeks again

Here's a photo with make up for a change.

I can totally relate to having your eyes feel tired.  It still happens to me sometimes.  You are looking great!
So far so good
How are you doing Kitkat? Is this day 4 for you? Best wishes!

8 weeks post op

I am running out of new things to say. TheraTears are still my friend. My eyes get dry during the day, especially the left one it is itchy too. I go back for a check up on Friday and will ask if another round of steroid drops are in order. My eyes felt great when I had those. As far as looks are concerned, I am still asymmetrical and the pucker over my left eye is still present. I feel like my left eye looks mor like my eye, but it sure itches. My right eye feels okay, but doesn't look like my eye.

Still wondering if this was worth the trouble.

8 weeks later with make up photo

Second photo. I think my eye brows are a little more relaxed. My right eye brow is still tight.

Hello. I've been thinking of you! How is you and how is your healing coming along?
Thanks! Things are coming along. I just went for my 8 week check up and was reassured that I am going through normal stuff. I will post an update.
NC brows look great. I'm now post day 7 had my first round of stitches out (eyes and front of ears)....doc said my eyes healed well. I'm so happy to have the eye stitches out I felt little 'stabs' from one stitch in left eye....so glad it's gone! Hope you have great weekend!

8 week check up. Max inflammation time!

I went to see Dr. Stein for my 8 week visit. He noticed the little flap on my left eye and said not to worry about it. He told me the skin is in its "remodeling" phase and things would be changing and settling. As for my itchy left eye, he also said weeks 6-8 were the peak for incision sites to feel inflamed, again, part of the healing process. He likened it to when you have a scab and it itches Al it right before it falls off. He also explained that the gland that produces tears is directly under where he works on an upper bleph, thus the dry eye. My itchiness has improved and I got new ketorolac drops that I hope will help. He also said my eyebrows will continue to relax and by 12 weeks should settle back to normal. He gauged my healing rate as "average". He said he's had some folks have no swelling or redness by 8 weeks, but they were not the norm. He says 6 months is when I should judge the results. I will keep repeating that!

Thank you, NC, for your detailed posts. It is the day after my upper/lower bleph and it is SO helpful to read others' healing journeys, and nice to see the photos of your progress. Wishing you continued health and healing, and hope that at the six month mark you will be thrilled with the results.

9 weeks out Feeling better about it

Here we are 9 weeks after the "Big Event". I still have ups and downs about having done this. I had a nice talk with a friend who is a doctor and has also had several things done. She thinks I look great and has told me to stop obsessing! I should stop obsessing! Now I keep looking at people's eyelids! I do have a life....I need to get to it!

Thanks for humor ing me with the rant. Today I caught a glimpse of myself in the mirror and thought, hey I look like me! So there. I am posting a photo with no make up and one with a little makeup. I feel like my eyebrows have relaxed some more. Dr. Stein says they will keep relaxing. I will continue to reserve judgement until the 6 month mark. My doctor friend tells me 6-12 months.

Take always from all this: Patience. It is not a virtue that blessed me! Emotional roller coaster. Yes! I just read that Bachelorette Trista Sutter had her eyes done in 2012 and suffered depression afterward. Somehow, that makes me feel better. I am not generally an emotional person, this experience has rocked my world! Dry eyes. Just one. I had the sensation that my eyelid is drooping, but today realized it's the dry eye. I have new drops and that helps a lot. Kero-something's. You can stay one them. TheraTears are still my best friend. I have found I am not a very good photographer. It is hard to do a Selfie at an angle that doesn't make me look funny.

Okay, enough of all that. Here's some pictures. I think I am going to be okay.

I have been following your surgery and I think you look wonderful! I am having a lower Blepharoplasty next week and I hope I look as good as you do after just two months!
I think you look absolutely amazing for two months out.  It is an emotional rollercoaster for a while, hang in there!
Thank you Jill. Your positive comments and pep talks have been a huge help to me.

Week 10 still improving

Here you go without make up and with make up. Still a bit asymetrical, but less than before. Left eye has an annoying fold. I have read on other reviews that this is normal. My doc said it was too. He took less skin off that side. Dry eye is much better. One eye, the one he took more skin off, is fine. The one with the FS is the one that has been the most bothersome. I notice that at night, underneath my eyes looks kind if buggy. I have to remember that I am tired and would look bad no matter what!

KitKat are you watching? How are you? do you like what you see?
Thanks for all your postings. You look amazing. I really love your eyes and eyes brows. I'll be having eye brows lifting and more February 28th Thanks again Ishtar
This has been wonderfully helpful. thank you so much!

Week 11. What a difference a week makes!

Here I am 78 days after surgery. So far, things have gone just as Dr. Stein told me they would. He told me my eyebrows would be too high for a few weeks and then they would relax to their regular position by 12 weeks. Here at week 11, I no longer look surprised. The asymetry of my two eyes has improved and I feel like I look more like me. I have noticed that my eyes look different hour to hour, depending on how tired I am, the weather and what I have been eating, etc. My dry eye has improved dramatically. I have tried to be less obsessed with looking at my eyes and everyone else's too. It is hard! I have found myself obsessing on how eyes look to the point of distraction. Plastic surgery on your eyes is a major undertaking with a huge emotional component. Had I known what a ride this is, I probably would not have chosen to go through this. Even being mostly satisfied with the outcome at this point, I am not sure this was worth the mental anguish.

Wow and thank you for documenting your journey. I am two weeks in today, and this is my choice for my 60th birthday present! I did my eyes, slight nose top revision and lower face and neck. Your blog actually soothed my emotions as I followed your progress. I have been trying to hold steady at not freaking out! This was way more than I expected as I'm not a rookie and had two other lifts about 10 and 16 years ago respectively. Apparently, they were not the thorough procedure I had this time and I did do more this time at once. The doctors office thinks I look great and all will be well but my concern is that my right side is way more swollen than the left and feels and appears much tighter as well. My eyes look something alien and swollen/sunk-in and they were sutures extend into the side of my eyes and I'm really concerned about it. I had a fairly symmetrical face but I look pretty scary right now. On my last visit he said that if the swelling doesn't go down he will aspirated the area and I'm not too crazy at that thought. I'm thinking I should get another opinion but perhaps I should be okay with the healing recovery process. I'd really appreciate your thoughts and perhaps comforting words that it's ok. My husband is handling this ok . I hope to hear back from you and thanks again for your journey. nancy
Hi Nancy. Don't freak out, two weeks in, you are still in the early stages. As you can see from my photos, I looked like an alien at 2 weeks! My swelling is just now going down, at almost 12 weeks. It is so hard to be patient, I lack that virtue. But patience will pay off, as will a positive attitude and relaxation. At two weeks, I was still addled from anesthesia and exhausted. I don't know who the people are that are fine after 10 days. I was NOT fine. I'm just now getting back to normal. My doctor told me 11 weeks and he's been right so far. Do not let anyone get inside your head with their critical comments about your procedures. Unfortunately, I let that happen and went into a tailspin of doubt and depression. Luckily, the Re other folks on Real Self who helped set me straight. Sallify's and Barb Michelle's posts are very comforting.i have learned that "Bouts of Doubts" are normal and voicing your concerns to you PS are helpful. You paid for the doc's services, use him! I should have been calling and emailing him when I was frightened,but I suffered in silence between appointments; bad idea! Talk this through with your spouse and your doc. Once I started venting, my famy reassured me that only I could see the tiny imperfections and that I am being hypercritical. Luckily, Dr. Stein has taken me seriously and explained the recovery process every time I see him. I have not been a quick healer. He said that happens sometimes. And we have had multiple proceedures that may heal at different rates. One side may go down faster than the other, etc. I had one column of swelling on my forehead for a few days, one eyebrow higher than the other then the other higher. Things are wacky. Now that Iook more like myself, I find it easier to be patient. I am the Queen of second guessing myself, I am trying very hard to stop that. This plastic surgery stuff is not for the faint of heart! Relax, watch the Olympics or something to take your mind off of your face. I enjoyed Scandal, keeping up with all that was going on with Olivia Pope & Co was a good diversion. Read only positive reviews. And Good Luck!
Rev. Nancy, Ncnetshopper has offered you some very good advice. I am three weeks out today from upper/lower blepharoplasty, and I can tell you that I've been obsessing about one thing or another since surgery. The first two weeks were the worst, but even now, I am finding things daily to worry about. But please remember that it takes at least three months to START to see your final result. I, too, have had asymmetrical swelling. I have one eye that looks bigger than the other, incisions that are healing differently, swelling that comes and goes. Every time I look in the mirror, my eyes look different. I never know what to expect when I look in the mirror the first thing in the morning! Yet from the advice of my doctor, many doctors here on RealSelf, and from the accounts of many people who have been through this and are 6-12 months post-surgery, all of this is par for the course. I have a handout from my doctor on what to expect physically and emotionally after facial cosmetic surgery that I found very helpful and have shared with others here. If you private message me with your email address, I would be happy to send you a copy. Best advice: look in the mirror as little as possible, keep a positive attitude, and keep your mind busy with other things during these early weeks of healing.

12 1/2 weeks later....

I went out of town this week and discovered how big of a difference lighting makes when you see yourself! My hotel had fabulous lighting and I felt like a million bucks every time I looked in the mirror. Then I came home to my badly lit bathroom and started judging myself again! But, I didn't judge as harshly. Things have calmed down. I am less asymmetrical this week and I guess things are normalizing. I had to reschedule my 12 week check up with Dr. Stein, I will be interested to hear what he has to say. My left eye still has some excess skin and I can feel it. Presurgery, my right eye was the one with that needed more attention. Dr. Stein fixed that one and was more conservative with the other eye. It is crazy how I think I can feel a difference between my eyelids!

Now that I am obsessed with examining eyes, I realize that most people have slight differences. Drew Barrymore is on the cover of a fashion magazine this month, her eyes have quite a bit of asymmetry in the photo. I was somehow comforted and surprised at the same time.

I went to see my parents for the first time since Christmas. My mom had to examine me and pronounced my eyes fabulous. She said I look 30. She gave me a thorough examination and her positive comments really made me feel better.

Have you had the IPL done yet? It is included for the lowers with my PS too. Just wondering how that went, if you have had it done. I'm really not too keep on any more work, so was curious! You look soo good!
Why did you want a brow lift versus just a lower and upper bleph
Ok -- by looking at your left eye --- there does seem to be more skin -- not sure if he didn't take enough off -- it's not like they are swollen because you can tell a puffy lid --- so I tend to agree with you --- I think the left could have been improved. Brow lift -- one thing I didn't have done -- but it does seem like they are relaxing --- scary procedure huh -- the things we go through!!! Keep posting -- just found you tonight and started reading your story. It's funny when you go in for post-op appointments -- --it's like "oh yea this and oh yea that" everything will be fine. I had to actually tell the nurse in the room after he left -- no -- I want my left eye checked --- yep -- still had sutures in it -- wow now it starts to heal -- really!! So, I like the one Plastic Surgeon I took my son to -- had to have an otoplasty. Three's a charm -- well, I liked him because if it didn't heal properly he would revise for free within the first year. Well, about 4 months down the road I thought his Left (alway's left) was coming out a little at the tip -- and he said "yes, you are right -- didn't want to over tighten and hope it would heal perfect but it didn't -- so when-ever you want me to fix just schedule" The point is he said "YOUR RIGHT" not healing as I wanted ---- anyways, just going on for no reason --- just sometimes get tired of hearing -- oh it's fine -- time it takes time -- time -- time!!!!

13 weeks

Sorry for the late update. The pictures I posted are at my 13 week "anniversary". I feel better about the results each day. I still have regretful moments, but those are happening less often. My left eye still feels like a skin flap is resting on it at times, it seems to dissipate after eye drops. Yep, I'm still using eye drops 3-5 times a day. I found GenTears for medium to dry eyes very helpful. They are kind of thick, so morning and evening for them. The rest of the time I keep TherraTears in my purse.

I am amazed that my eyes still change every few days. I went for my 3 month check up and Dr. Stein noted that my sutures are considered to be in the inflammatory phase because they are still red. I started putting Mederma scar gel on them at night and a silicone eye serum in the morning. The Mederma does seem to make a difference. Dr. Stein wants to reassess at 6 months, but he may want to take a little extra skin from under my eyes. I'm not sure I am up for any more slicing and dicing!

Thanks for sharing all your ups and downs with us! It's good to know that folks really do emotionally and physically heal at different rates. I'm not sure what to expect for myself! Where did you get the silicone eye serum from?
I got it from a kiosk at the mall. The Dead Sea folks that accost you and won't let you go! I bargained with them and got it for $35, instead of $200. I didn't realize at the time that silicone serum was used on scars. It also helps fill in wrinkles, a plus! I have read on the site that people use something called Kel-Cote (sp?), I think pharmacies carry it. Good luck!
Even I don't want no more slicing!! I don't blame you.. Thanks for updating. It was nice to hear from you again.. Take Care :)

Week 14

14 weeks and counting... I look a little more like myself each day or maybe I am just getting used to my appearance. I still get a little bit of dry eyes and by the end of the day, my forehead feels like I have a strip of duct tape on it. Eye drops help the dryness; a little massage and my forehead feels normal again. I expressed concern about my left eye having a bit of a pucker to my PS, we agreed to wait until the 6 month mark to reassess. It is easier to be patient now that I feel better and look more normal. I am interested in your feedback.

14 weeks with make up

I goofed and accidentally cropped myself out of the photo in my previous post. I don't have the hang of the crop feature!

You look fantastic! What an amazing transformation.
Your smile at week 14 says it all -- you look 100% RADIANT and FABULOUS!! You exude happiness and joy! I hope how you look reflects how you're feeling about having had the surgery! :-)
U r looking so much better now. Very pretty^_^! Thank u for sharing.

15 weeks and counting

Still healing, but I feel less obsessed with my eyes and everyone else's. There are even days I don't think about them at all. Today, however was not one of those days. My left eye felt wonky all day. The left one is the one that has crinkled. Less skin was removed and it has healed kind of funny. Only, I do not find it humorous at all. Dr. Stein says to wait until six months have past and then he may need to tweak it. Unless something major changes, it's going to need tweaking.

The good news is that my dry eye is mostly resolved. I thought it was all the way resolved until today. Maybe I'm just having a bad day. The weather is bad and I am sure that doesn't help my attitude. At least my eyebrows have relaxed back to their natural position. That has gone a long way in helping me feel less self-conscious. I have gone from having my eyebrows being my biggest source of consternation to my crinklely eye. I do wonder sometimes if my expectations are realistic. I had asymmetrical eyes before this procedure, I was just used to them. Now they are asymmetrical in a different way. I was not expecting that.

I didn't get around to updating at 14 weeks. I will post photos of week 14 and week 15. I finally got a close up of my crinkly eye. Oddly enough, it is more noticeable WITH make up. Go figure!

Please join RealSelf or sign in.

Whoops last. Update should have said 16 weeks!

I lost track of time. It's been 16 weeks since the big day. Those are photos from Weeks 15 and 16. Sorry about that.

NCnetshopper: I agree with jenpartyof3. You have taken us through your journey. I think you look great! I think you picked a good doctor. You pics must not show your scarring very well because I barely see your scars in your pics without make up. I am 11 weeks and my scars are still very evident. For the most part I am happy with my results but I too see a difference between my left and right eye. My PS says to be patient that everything is still settling and will be that way up to 6 months. As I approached the 3 month mark things really started to move for the better. Thanks again for all you postings. They have really helped so many of us who have traveled the journey through this with you.
This is the best review I have seen. You look great and vibrant. I do see what you mean with the one eye, but still looks wonderful. I am thinking of having my upper eyelids done. Thank you for this great review!!!
Oh my goodness, we sure are the most critical of ourselves, aren't we? YOU look marvelous! I can't even see any difference in your left eye and right eye. I wish I could look half as good as you!

17 weeks still healing. A little less obsessive. Just a little....

Well, here I am at just over 4 months post surgery. I can report that my eye obsession is waning. I found a great website, drmeronk.com, that has an "Insider's Guide to Blepharoplasty", what a great resource! Dr. Meronk thoroughly details everything. I was wondering if my expectations were unrealistic, turns out they are! What do you know?! Dr. Meronk says to expect asymmetry after a Bleph, it is more common than not. Also, puckering is a normal part of the healing process. Okay, I know Dr. Stein told me this, but hearing it from someone else does help. I am just hard headed sometimes. I encourage any of you reading this to peruse Dr. Meronk's website, it was a wealth of information.

Yesterday, I went to see a friend at my old job that I haven't seen for 5 months. Her first words were, "you look ten years younger, your new job must be way better!" She said I did not look tired any more. I confessed I had help. I figure it's better to get it on out there.

Please join RealSelf or sign in.

A couple of other thoughts...

I forgot to include that the feeling returned to the to of my head about two or three weeks ago. The top of my head itched constantly for a good while. That was strange, since I couldn't really feel anything. Now I can feel and the itching has decreased dramatically. I still itch a little, but nothing like before.

Also, occasionally, I still have the odd feeling of duct tape across my forehead. If I rub my forehead, it subsides. One tendon above my right eyebrow still feels a little tight. I noticed that eyebrow appears slightly higher in my photos. Hopefully, that will relax in the next couple of weeks. If I have one concern, it would be the brow lift. It did erase my forehead wrinkles and crow's feet though.

Thanks for your very well written driscriptive posts. (you look beautiful by the way ) they are so helpful. I had lower/upper bleph 7 weeks ago and I'm not feeling to confident with my results so far. Drs tell me to be patient and I am trying. This is a very sloooooowwww healing process (at least in my case ) I just hope i get a good final result so I can stop obsessing over this. Your story is inspiring to me. Thanks.....
Thank you for your kind words. You are right, this is slow going! Seven weeks was when I was sure I was disfigured for life! I wish I had known about Drmeronk.com then. But I probably would have still been obsessing over this anyway. People do heal at different rates. I am slow:( I have found that changing my diet to a Paleo type diet has helped me feel better and maybe assisted with the healing process. It is worth a try. Good luck to you. Post a review and photos. I think the more people who share their stories, the better off we all are!
Mich18, definitely ask your dr for IPL for your bruises. I had to do 2 rounds and was still yellow for 8 weeks. Hang in there!

18+ weeks. Hydration is Important!

So here I am at the 18 week mark. I continue to marvel at how things can change day to day and from morning to evening. I drank coffee(something I rarely do) and in the afternoon, I had deep grooves under my eyes! Really bad wrinkles. I had a small panic attack, drank some water and went to bed. The next day, poof, they were gone. Lesson learned, stay hydrated!

As for my eyelids, I feel like the asymmetry is starting to decrease. I looked at old photos and my eyes were asymmetrical before. I am a little concerned that a little too much fat was taken from under my right eye. My upper left may need a tweak, but it is bothering me less now. I think my eyebrows are pretty much back to where they were 5 years ago. I feel a little tenderness over the right incision, but everything else on my head feels normal again. That is a big relief.

It is said that 80-90% of your results are evident after 12-14 weeks. Remember everyone is different. At 18 weeks, I am still experiencing changes day to day.

Thank you for your updates. We all need people like you to keep us going. You look beautiful!
Thanks. I am following your journey too. I hope all is going well.
Getting better, my eyes feel so small, I can't open them too wide yet and I still get slight headaches and feel weird from the anesthesia but other than that I am extremely excited. So far I'm glad I did it. I'm not going to rate my surgeon until I see my eyes open, haha.

19 weeks and counting...

Well here I am. First the good news, my forehead seems to feel almost back to normal. Now for the kevetching... My eyebrows are still high and I feel like I was talked into a brow lift I did not really need. Why do I say this? Because every doc that answered my question about how long will it take my eyebrows to relax said I did not look like I needed a brow lift. That is 6 doctors. If I add the other two from the consults I had locally, that makes 8. Hmmm. Does a certain PS have some alimony payments I just made? I am not a happy camper today.

In addition, mentioned that my left eye was kind of wonky looking. I finally got it on camera. And also, by the end of the day, my eye lids kind of sink in to my head. When I get up in the morning, things are filled out again. Does anyone else have this happen to them? Thanks for listening to me complain. Sometimes I think that's all I do here. But dang, it when you fork over $10G's to someone who tells you how good they are, you want perfection! I thought the emotional roller coaster ride was over, but today I'm back on it. Blech.

You mentioned that you had dry eye early on-- please forgive me in advance, but I'll be posting this on others' posts as well, just to get a range of folks' experiences with dry eye) . Do you remember what that felt like in terms of sensation? Did the eye drops resolve your dry eye fairly quickly? Did you have to progress to steroids -- if so, did your PS immediately know that this was needed? Today things went south for me. I got up with an incredible pain in my right eyeball -- hurts like crazy and extremely ultra-sensitive to light! I have been putting non-preservative eye drops in all day, but the pain and light sensitivity remains intense. I'm not sure if this is dry eye -- I always thought of dry eye as a drying out sensation, similar to when one wears contact lenses too long. I don't want to panic, but I'm almost there. If it's not one thing, it's another. I've been trying not to worry about a lump under my left eye that I'm convinced is part of my eye bag that my PS neglected to remove. I realize it's not even been two weeks yet, but I pointed this lump out to him at my one-day post, and again when he removed my stitches at the 5 day post - and to this day the lump remains (he's convinced the swelling is still present); it's been gnawing away at me, though I'm really trying to stay focused on the positive. Based on today, I've concluded that we patients know our bodies best, and docs are far too quick to try to convince us to wait till the end of a magical 12-week period. So at this moment, I'm faced with a choice -- worry abut the lump under my left eye or about the excrutiating pain in my right eye!! Not a good day at all!! Aargh! :-(
Joejah, I am so sorry you are having such a time. I did not have any eye pain, go get that checked out. My eyes were very tired and blurry. My left eye often felt like someone had their finger pressed on a part of my eyelid or sometimes like sand or grit was in my eye. I did two rounds of steroids, I think. Then my PS switched me to Kero-something that is for allergies and irritated eyes. You can stay on that for a long time an it did help. The steroids were great while I was on them, but you cannot use them very long. I even felt better physically on the steroids and then kind of a let down after the course was done. I also use GenTears for moderate to severe dry eyes. I found they work better than TheraTears and they come in different levels. I still use the GenTears 2-3 times a day. My left eye is still not all the way right. I hope that helps.
Hi! I have been eavesdropping on this thread (good stuff) . A lot of great looking results! Your eyes look beautiful. I have my upper eye surgery scheduled for April 30th, I am 44 ! My friend (age 46) had hers done with same doctor and she was back at work three days later. She looked a little strange at first but after a few months she looked fabulous with amazing results. Yet I am getting a bit nervous. I am reading a lot about dry eye, awful results, etc. Just has me worried. I am still going through with surgery...but a little concerned. This is a great thread....any advice will be appreciated. I am going to post pics of my journey as well !

20 weeks. We are at the 5 month mark

Thanks for putting up with my rant last week. I feel better this week. I posed a question about my wrinkly eye and received good answers from the docs on Real Self. Mostly, they reiterated what my PS told me: wait until at least the six month mark and it is a little extra skin that probably can be addressed easily. It is calming to hear the same thing from a different doc. That said, I noticed a slight change this week too! Amazing. Do our eyes change daily without surgery, but we just are not attuned to notice? I feel the little skin fold on my wrinkly eye sometimes. Also, sometimes my forehead still feels like it has tape on it. I can rub that feeling out. One line above my right eyebrow still feels a little tight and that incision is still a little tender.

my eyes changed daily before surgery and i'm sure they'll change more often now. since they were saggier on some days more than others i was wondering how the surgeon would approach that. on the day of surgery the skin wasn't as saggy so i was wondering if he was going to take enough skin off to compensate for when they seemed like there was more skin. i guess i'll find out soon enough. i know i still have a little extra skin there but i'm hoping it will go away completely.
Thanks! I hope all heals well for you.
You asked, "Do our eyes change daily without surgery, but we just are not attuned to notice?" I think this may be so, and have been wondering about this myself before I saw your comment.

21 weeks

I am now past the 5 month mark. I am still unsure if this was worth the trouble. I am glad to have this forum to vent. Thanks for reading my rants. I saw some friends that I haven't seen in 6 months and they asked me if I changed my hair, which Inhave. Lesson learned, if you do a cosmetic procedure, change your hair. That is what people notice! I still have a small bump at the end of one scar, but for the most part, the scars have faded. I don't have to put cover up on them any more. My forehead still feels like I have tape on it at the end of the day.

your crows feet before were not as long as mine. mine are like 3 inches, lol. i don't think the brow lift would work on mine. i think i'll stick with botox for the forehead and forget about my crows feet.
I think if you didn't have the brow lift you wouldn't feel that it was so much trouble. Your eyes look great and the feeling of all the trouble will probably fade and you'll just enjoy your results. Like I said before - the brow lift will more than likely be worth it in the long run too because looking at my brow it looks like I could use one. I'm just too chicken to go that far. I know it took a long time for them to settle but they look like they're in a perfect position now. Sorry it feels like tape. I know how aggravating something like that can be. I cut a nerve in my finger and I hate that it has no feeling. My finger feels weird. Hopefully that weird feeling on your forehead goes away.
You have it the nail on the head, or brow... The browlift was more traumatic than I imagined. And all the docs and a few commenters doubting the need for it really cast doubt upon the credibility of my PS. Even though everything he has told me would happen has happened. It is amazing how one can just seize on negativity! Thank you Eyedidit, you are good and bringing me back to reality! Mostly, my frustration at this point is with the eyelid that will need a revision. This is nerve wracking business, and I am not looking forward to having my eyelid sliced up again!

22 weeks, I think

Things are still changing, but I guess that is true even if you have not had surgery. My left eye is still giving me some dry eye problems. It is not terrible, but still a bit worrisome. I have made an appointment with the eye doc to check it out. I have to wait a month for the appointment! I still feel a little right is one spot over my right eyebrow, if I rub it, it feels better. I saw an 86 year old lady yesterday and we compared our blephs! She thought mine looked good, her's was fabulous! We agreed the process was more traumatic than we thought it was going to be. But one does heal eventually.

how have you been? surgery just a distant memory now? enjoying your new look this summer?
Hey girl you look great!! I know actually know what you are going through....I went to a doctor at Duke and the day of my upper lid surgery he had his intern sticking up my lid. I knew on the ride home both eyes looked different. It's been 2 plus years and the doctor did go back in and removed a bit more skin on right eye (free of charge) but fast forward to day I still have a lot droopy on the right eye. Another PS wants to add filler to eyebrow ...just not sure.
Thanks so much. How was the experience of getting the small excess removed in comparison to the "big" procedure? I've been told that it is no big deal, but I think all of the PS stuff is a big deal!
Raleigh-Durham Facial Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Stein thoroughly explained the procedure and why he does a brow lift with all of his blepharoplasties. The said he would be very conservative and is anchoring my brow. He warns me my eyebrows would look high for the first two weeks after the procedure, and then they would settle down. He called twice the first day to see how I was doing. The second day, I texted him a photo because I was worried about the continued bleeding from one eye. He said I was doing fine.