Dysport Double Vision

Pleasant experience for the most part. The side...

Pleasant experience for the most part. The side effects post injection are what has been my nightmare. I did this to lessen the glabellar lines and crows feet around my eyes. Results again look good; however, absolutely not worth the loss of vision. Help.

Used botox 4 other times before dysport with no negative side effects. I waited 4 months between all treatments. Actually had never done botox prior to crows feet area so those injection sites were new for me. Physician claims this has never happened in her practice before and does not think it is in any way related to dysport.

How long will blurred and double vision last post dysport injections. I now have extremely dry eyes. Am using lubricating drops every 20 minutes throughout the day and lubricating ointment at night. Within 24 hours post injection experienced blurry vision. In 7 days post injection began having double vision. Will I cause future vision challenges by patching one eye. This is incredibly debilitating! Opthalmologist that gave injections says she feels this is simply dry eye because statistically one in five people have dry eye and it can cause these symptoms. I feel like it has to be from dysport! Please advice anything else I can do to cope with these side effects and how long in your clinical opinion these will last?

Poor results with terrible side effects.

Ever since the injections on Jan 29,2013 I feel nerved up can't relax unless I take an attivan when will this disipate? Barbie

I didnt feel well after dysport. I have never had issues w botox and been getting treatments for about 10 yrs.

I'm so sick of these doctors telling patients that they're basically NOT wanting to blame dysport for the reason of DRY EYE. As an ex: It's true, that I did have seasonal allergies that caused my eyes to itch & sometimes swell. However, using Claritin or Patanol always cleared it up. I had always had plenty of tearing, & never dry anywhere, nor did my body give me warnings of change, other than treatment for menopause & I used estradoil. When I immediately had those injections, my eyes & body did a crazy change. I was so terrified that the next couple of days after that nurse injected me, the swelling to my eyes with extreme irritation [like a sandblaster] ocurred. Within a week! ZERO TEARING! I didn't or couldn't even identify with what dry eye was? The anger in me with the neglect from that doctor, the FDA, & manufacture is beyound an insult to injury. I got a letter yeterday from the BBB & they could not find enough evidence to prove my claim. They made all contact with all of the doctors & cannot find my justified injury. Which is total b.s. I specified to them that when I had decided to these injections, e.g., I had NO idea of what even a black box warning even was. Yet, because it was a thumbs up to be used in 2009, I was suppose to know this! I researched online before my injury & nothing indicated dysport to possibly cause injuries to eyes, body & most of all death! I don't have spasdic dysplasia, like all those kids that were guinee pigs being treated for. I didn't even find out all the negatives until after I started filing my reports & looking for help. This is crazy & an injustice! Which hurts worse, I ask myself? My permanent injuries to my body & future? Such an insult to injury, while also my fearing & to trust people.
b2tru2life, are you applying moist heat to your eyes whenever possible? even a ceramic cup with hot water in it--place the outside of the cup against your eyes, it will help them feel better, even if only temporarily. I think it helps the eyelid glands secret oil, which is good for your eyeballs, too. As to whether or not this injury will ever heal on its own, I am not so optimistic about that, but I pray for courage daily and try to find the good in life. Much love to you, keep your faith in life up.

Eliza
thank you so much eliza :) I'm past with having to apply the heat to my eyes. I did do this during the first year. The dysport literally damaged my lacrimal glands which the bacterial poisoning caused the paralyzing of my tear ducts, causing bacterial infections, then progressing into malt lymphoma cancer. A rare diagnosis of this form of lymphoma to grow. You are also in my prayers. The Retuxin chemo treatments helped with the infections. I still have zero tears, No tearing with my cries :( yet I was able to start wearing the day & night oxygen lenses after the chemo & still using Restasis. i would be at a total loss too without the 6000 mg of flaxseed. I make my own soymilk too & I think that helps because I also add flaxseed, brown rice & oatmeal. Blackseed, lutein, St.Johns Wart, & DHEA are also beneficial for dry eyes. I'm dealing with so much anger though & I feel so cheated, for the fact that I did research in 2009 before having this done. I had never had this done or botox before. I didn't like that frozen look, lol.. So it was a big thing for me to dare myself with dysport. Its weird because not until after I had the injections, that my life did a crazy turn around. I had never experience dry eyes before, I did sometimes have itchy eyes & occasionally a little eye swelling from seasonal allergies, yet Patanol or Claritin took care of it. My vision was normal with using only reading glasses for reading & the computer. I've always been a tearful passionate crier over everything. Good & bad :) When the next day after those injections my eyes got so sore, it's bizzaar that the eye doctors analogy was exactly how I diagnosed my eyes looked & felt, i.e. like they had been shot with a sandblaster. Then shortly after that, instantly NO tears...I recall sobbing because I was terrified with devastation. Yet, I could'nt tear whatsoever. I was shutting down inside with no way to vent. Then the infections started, with body aches. I had already back problems, so that part was hard to decipher. Exercise always helped. Then just a few months a lump was found in my neck. The poison traveling into my lungs. August 2010, I woke up with severe double pneumonia as I was also diagnosed with emphysema. I don't smoke. Another strange diagnosis because this new doctor said that my lungs looked like they'd been torched from a 'sandblaster'. The same analogy as my eyes, so weird. In my family I was known as being a health nut, so to speak. I was an athlete since 1990. So this to happen the way it did, is too bazaar & unethical. My anger is mostly, for wrong in the legal system & how I'm being delt with about my life. I don't take life for granted & I know better. I'm frozen with anger & will never give up for whats happened to me. I see & feel with all my heart for you & all the other people injured from dysport. It concerns me about the doctor patients relationship. The doctors honesty with their patients. I really found out a lot about that poison~after my injury. Much more of the truer negative, than what I initially found out when I was first researching. And how many people would really make the call for their initial appt. excite for having these injections, if they had read about what the FDA kept hidden away before tacking on the black box warning. And how many ladies are really familiar with such a thing, unless their doctor is up front & discloses the dark side? Like the 16 children treated with dysport for spasdic displasya, yet they died, & there had already been over 250 reported cases to the FDA with serious side effects. Yet, Dysport was still nevertheless released with the black box warning to the doctors. This was in May of 2009. My injury was in Dec of 2009. How many doctors & the media 'in that time frame' OPENLY made it known to all of us consumers of such truth of tragedies, followed with the seriousness of the BLACK BOX WARNING? Infact, is just me with my righteous reason for anger ? While I was suffering, I researched like hell to get answers & seeking help. Then the more I found out & documented, I was running out of time. And losing my power against what I believed to be justice. I do blame my doctor. I also blame the FDA & Dysport. Ironically, several lawyers say that I have case, however the statute of limitations ran out. How convenient. I recall so many lawyers I contacted while, I was suffering. Them in turn sending me to other lawyers, etc. Times up.. I'm the innocent person & I shouldn't have to fight for justice.
I won't be satisfied until I'm compensated for my life & the extreme suffering that I'll never get back. A simple tear isn't enough, or will I ever be able to shed. Not to mention the big one., like having an in cureable cancer. I don't even believe in disease..
It's coming up to two years since I got the botox shots that went awry. I am currently using Restasis (the single vial form) and, because it isn't covered by insurance, I store the opened vial in the fridge in a clean sandwich bag and use it for about 5 doses as opposed to one. I'm a single mom with 4 children who is also unemployed, so this is how I have been able to continue treatment with this medication. I have been able to get my regular eyedrops--Refresh Tears and Systane Ultra covered by medical insurance that is free in Canada if you are low-income; I am so thankful...prior to this I was spending close to a week's grocery's amount on these. I find that in the winter when the weather is drier my eyes are much drier; during the spring and summer my symptoms abated somewhat, but when you have to turn on the central heating system it can really take its toll on dry eyes.

I have been looking into getting moisture-chamber glasses custom-made. I'll update you all on this when I am able to afford them.

I have been seeing a dry-eye specialist--two appointments so far. I had the Schirmer eye moisture test and I registered in at 4.5 out of 10. While it was a relief to finally have this acknowledged, the medical world is still quite hesitant to make any connection with botox! Crazy, since I had the test which would determine whether or not my dry eyes are related to autoimmune issues and those tests turned up negative. Anyway, I have found hot, wet compresses to continue to be a vital part of my continued eye-care, and, as well, trying to keep good health--an upper respiratory cold really aggravates things.

I think that what is the worst is having to put my eye drops in while out in public. I have recently started going out with a wonderful man and he has been very accepting of this, but I still feel a bit self-conscious when I have to do this around him.
I can relate to b2tru2life when she talks about previously tearing up very easy. I, too, am quite emotional to the point where in my pre-Botox damage days my eyes would fill with tears whenever I felt a twinge of empathy...now I have to bring along my eye drops to a tear-jerker movie...The rare time when the event demanding an emotional response is quite serious and my eyes DO fill with tears, at the back of my mind I am aware that in the midst of this event which has elicited my response, my mind is appreciating the lubrication in spite of my sympathetic reaction to someone else's sorrow.

Well, I wish you all what I wish for myself--moist eyeballs!

Take care all,

Eliza
Your physician is full of it. Forgive my boldness, however the trained physician I had gone to said the same thing, for not beilieving that the the dysport as being the culprit for dry eye. It spreads and paralyzes the nervous system in the body, while it is also a viral poison. I never had any signs of dry eyes whatsoever, etc. Infact, the opposite. I'm a great crier & cry quite easily. I'm not over emotional, I'm just a passionate lady & instantly to zero tears, for almost 2 yrs. now. If you research as much as I have, you'll find out some incredible info. about Dysport. I suggest to READ ALL my posts & of others. There's also another website called patientsville that others have had terrible results.
my god. You poor thing. My tears returned a tiny bit. Enough to cry but then my eyes completely dry out again. It's soo painful. I will keep posted as time goes on.

Yes Annie, please do keep us updated. I'm so sorry for both you and b2, but glad you two found each other here to be able to lend each other support.

-Britt

No tears at all. After the dysport injections, the sudden freeze/loss of tearing to my eyes were also too irritated for the use of Restasis. I had to rely on eye drops for treating the infections. For so many months, time basically just blended together. I'm not a dramatic kind of lady, but was always hanging on by a thread. Never a relief for signs of recovery. I cry miss my tears. Tears are very healthy. Infact, I recall that I use to explain my crying over a movie, & watching the news whiling tearing up with a feeling of empathy for others. And just crying for happiness, or sweet memories in my heart. Then to suddenly, with no warning- zero tears. It hurts in all ways, to imagine it might be, physically, at times like a rubber band has sealed off my eyes connected to my brain with pressure. When I have to cry. Anyway, the treatments for losing my tears, consisted of constantly applying warm packs as instructed & using preservative free eye drops, often about every few minutes to keeping them lubricated. After my retuxin chemo, I was able to wear day & night lenses. For which I'll only wear half a day. They're great & have the aqua oxygen & comfortable, like a shield to protect my eyes. And still the endless use of the eye drops. It's gotten better, yet I still have NO tears. Oh, & I do still cry, quite often, yet they're unable to surface.
It will be 2 years next February and my eyes still have no fluid after botox. I hope one day I get better as I have gone from an incredibly active person to a depressed recluse who now wears goggles to go outside.

Good luck
I feel sorry about this. Do you really have no tears ABSOLUTELY? What you do to feel better? Did you use botox for wrinkles?
From my extensive research and personal experience of Dysport. Dry eyes is one of the major common side effects that is reported. I infact, have literally Zero tears since I had dysport injections. I'd never had it before & just a minimum. Now, for almost 2 yrs, I have to use preservative free Refresh single vials eye drops for lubricating my eyes. So very painful with pressure to my head, permanently dry & extremely inconvenient to my eyes, & all of it. I was really athletic, & dealing with such sadness & anger. Be careful for caring of you eyes. I was so gentle with caution in caring for my irritated dry eyes from the very beginning after the dysport injections side effects. The irritation with the dryness went into severe eye infections. I infact, have researched so much in pain & anger because I'm susch a safety nut. I was led to believe how great dysport was & how safe it was. I never had botox or dysport before. Anyway, this one lawyer had posted the full FDA reports about 16 deaths caused from dysport, etc. anyway, here is the link. http://www.fittszehl.com/practice-areas/pharmaceutical-claims/botox-dysport-birth-defects.html. They infact also said that anyone that has had problems to contact them. i'm so upset for the fact, they're statute of limitations is only 6 months! Well, I'm waiting it out for the dysport to wear off [5 months] & went through hell with eye infections. dysport traveling into my lungs & getting severe double pneumonia, & the big one of a rare cancer of my tearducts. I say rare because this cancer is very iunusual for the lacrimal glands /tear ducts. I was in good health, etc. until the injections. READ the article though about 16 deaths reported in 2009 & over 250 reported to the FDA of severe side effects. I'm trying & I will find out about those deaths. And why in the hell these Cosmetic Centers had in 2009 kept quiet about it. While they still are using the dysport, knowing full well that 2 yrs ago all those people died. I plan to be alive for many years to come. However, I'm in remission. And guarantee that this is going to be FULLY EXPOSED.

Hi b2,

I'm sorry to hear about what you are going through, but this is great information for the community to know. Having literally no tears sounds horrible. Have you seen an eye doctor to see if they can help?

I'm so sorry, please keep us updated.

Hi Britt,
I have a full story on here about my experience. Infact, tomorrow I have another appt. with my cornea specialist for trying another approach [medication] to help with my tearing. I have plenty of tears to shed, I just can't. And it's painful, in many ways imaginable. I'm a passionate lady, & had always been a healthy crier. So this is really traumatic for me. I've also lately, been suddenly without warning, & overwhelmed, dealing with a tragedy in regards to my mother. I'm not handling it very well, & I also have full responsability for the handling of her care. I'll keep you posted for the medicines for helping with tearing. Additionally, I also have plugs in my eyes which help somewhat. thankyou..

Oh b2 a hug to you, I'm so sorry this is all happening all at once, especially the part about your mother. Please know you are in our thoughts and I sincerely hope everything turns out for the better. Yes, please do keep us posted. I will check on how the appointment tomorrow went. (HUG)

-Britt

Is it possible to get dry eyes symptoms when treating excessive sweating?
Your glands are being treated, so of course. My glands were totally affected. I never had a dry eye in my life until I had dysport. Then zero tears to my tearducts/lacrimal glands. My glands were damaged from the poison of this supposedly SAFE product . I suffered with extreme bacterial poisening/infections to my eyes which traveled into my lungs. I then had severe double pneumonia/ diagnosed with emphyzema. To now look at me, it would be difficult to compare, etc. Although I still have zero tears & no way to vent. I'm devastated. Yes, dysport does cause dry eyes, etc.
Wow.. Well, for me it's been 2 months cancer free. Read my story~ I'm still so devastated & have never gone through anything remotely so painfully beyound any words to explain. I still can't even cry to simply move forward in knowing that I may live. I've included a copy of a letter to the doctor that I went to for the dysport injections. The only remote response from her was in the very beginning when I started suffering with NO TEARS, swelling with eye infections, & severe pain, physical, emotional & spiritual, mental, etc. I still can't get past the moment to moment sufferings. ------------- ATTENTION ONLY~ Dr VanderVeer, I've posted this on the review board site. We had discussed by phone in Jan. 2010 my early experience of Dysport & the severity of what I was going through. A year later of experiencing the 247 horror & feeling of death is beyond words. Leading upto on 4/5/2011 my diagnosis of having Malt low grade lymphoma. If I have the ability & strength of suing you or the FDA for the approval on the poison, I absolutely will. Much has been upgraded on your website, etc. in regards to caution about Dysport, etc. Which was not at all brought to the publics attention in 2009. Valerie Casey 07/26/2011 3/10/2011~ 15 months ago I had dysport injections in my forehead & crows feet area from a friendly nurse named Quinby. 2 days later my eyes swoll up so bad, are severly dry, & with zero tears because my tear ducts are totally blocked. My lacrimal glands have swollen with no relief. I look like a monster. I had never had botox or dysport, so I did a lot of research on both products before I decided to have it done. I felt safe with dysport. As I couldn't find any bad reviews on it. Ironically, after my experience at VandaVeer I then started finding bad reviews from others that too had similar experiences with dysport. Btw, a few weeks after my injections I contacted VandaVeer with my devastating alarm. I asked for Quinby & oddly she didn't work there any longer. I was told that she went back into nursing, so I then talked with VandaVeer. My mind & emotions were so down. I just shut down with no confidence & fear with anger. I look like a freak. I use to be a pretty, [not vain], young 56 yr.old woman that had a nice glow. I'm a woman, so naturally I like to look my best. 'Look as good as I feel'.. Just like VandaVeer portrays herself & business in her commercials~ via the media. Having the injections was a Christmas gift to myself for a fresher look. Since that day in her office I have no life outside my apartment. I'm in severe physical & emotional pain. With a lot of mental trauma Every day that goes by I chose to believe that the dysport will wear off. Yet, I'm permanetly damaged. This last year has been devastating. I had been seeing an excellent opthamologist until just a few days ago when he read my catscan that he ordered. I have one of three eye diseases & I'm waiting to hear from several specialists for what is to happen next. I don't know? I've never felt so horrible as I do now. Why did this happened to me? Is it from the dysport or the injection that was given causing me nerve damage? Comments (2) valeriepdx - That's You - 05/24/11 (Delete) 5/24/2011 I just finished with all chemo treatments that ironically, only in my tearducts that I have malt low grade lymphoma. The extreme swelling in the upper eyelids have gone back to normal. However, the pain is still extreme with still no tearing. My eyes are completely dry & appears to be permanently damaged. I've never experienced anything at all like this. I'm beyond being overwhelmed. I have a few good years left & I'm frozen with depression & pain. valeriepdx - That's You - 07/26/11 (Delete) July 26, 2011 I have very much a deep emptiness in my soul & fighting depression. It's difficult for me to trust people anymore, or to have faith. I persevered for so many years as being athletic & going to school. However, this cancer ordeal has left me in a strange place in my whole being, for which I've never been before. People often say about such situations or experiences to be thankful & to compare with others misfortune. None can imagine what I've been through & the tortured painful suffering. My doctor's final words during my last catskan checkup was to advise me to not have the dysport injections again. He & many of his staff had commented that it was very uncommon to have malt lowgrade lymphoma in the tearducts as I do. He also had never heard of such an experience as what I had gone through. What do I do about this? I'm struggling & having a difficult time in regaining strength.. I keep trying to move forward & to regain my esteem, hoping for a new life. My eyes have improved incredibly. I still can't tear, whatsoever. It hurts me emotionally, mentally, physically & financially. I've lost my motivation & joy for personal achieving & in being my optimistic myself. I've always believed in having a positive self image & to not make poor choices for drawing a negative or humiliating attention to myself. I normally & cautiously avoid such energies. I feel personally robbed & fearful about what to expect next. This cancer is in remission, yet why should I even have had it, & will it come back? Doctor VanderVeer has very much upgraded her website since my visit in her office & having the dysport treatments. Infact, she's really added alot of positive upgrades to her website. Quinby the nurse that gave me the injections no longer works for the center. Why did this happen to me? I just hope & pray that no one else will ever go through what I did. Which was either from the Dysport & or the injections triggering nerve damage which caused zero tear production with extreme infections to 'BOTH EYES'. ------------------------------- I'm cancer free today, however, still no tears & dealing with extreme of dryness. It's been 2 yrs in Dec. 2011. I never had dry eyes before. I never had cancer in my tearducts before. Which btw is a very unusual area to even have Malt lymphoma.. Help! If we could pull together for the FDA & the doctors we should sue them for everything they have. I did so much research before getting dysport. Which was December 2009 & only great reviews were said about the product. Oddly, when I contacted & made my initial complaint to Dr. VanderVeer suddenly she had upgraded her website with nothing but possible side effects, & had extended her media ads to very much elaborate her expertiese with beautiful results & so forth. She ignored my letter to her about suffering with cancer that was from either her nurse or from the dysport. I'm suffering from fatigue & struggling just to keep up with all my eye drops that my insurance does not cover.
P.S. I forgot to include the response from Dr. VanderVeer after sending her & posting my letter to her review site [which btw I did remove because I'm experiencing so much that effects my emotions & also reputation. I'm coping at best with exercise & self love. Yet, I feel that something more needs to be done. My life is worth much more to me than what I've gone through & continue to have to go through. Low grade lymphoma is incureable; I'm in remission.
I waited until the dysport was completedly done just by waiting until all my forehead lines reappeared. Then went back to Botox. My vision is just blurry for very upclose reading which I explected as both parents and sister wear glasses. BUT after Dysport, I had double vision, and focusing issues. Think my vision is taking a normal course now with age.
3/10/2011~ 15 months ago I had dysport injections in my forehead & crows feet area from a friendly nurse named Quinby. 2 days later my eyes swoll up so bad, are severly dry, & with zero tears because my tear ducts are totally blocked. My lacrimal glands have swollen with no relief. I look like a monster. I had never had botox or dysport, so I did a lot of research on both products before I decided to have it done. I felt safe with dysport. As I couldn't find any bad reviews on it. Ironically, after my experience at VandaVeer I then started finding bad reviews from others that too had similar experiences with dysport. Btw, a few weeks after my injections I contacted VandaVeer with my devastating alarm. I asked for Quinby & oddly she didn't work there any longer. I was told that she went back into nursing, so I then talked with VandaVeer. My mind & emotions were so down. I just shut down with no confidence & fear with anger. I look like a freak. I use to be a pretty, [not vain], young 56 yr.old woman that had a nice glow. I'm a woman, so naturally I like to look my best. 'Look as good as I feel'.. Just like VandaVeer portrays herself & business in her commercials~ via the media. Having the injections was a Christmas gift to myself for a fresher look. Since that day in her office I have no life outside my apartment. I'm in severe physical & emotional pain. With a lot of mental trauma Every day that goes by I chose to believe that the dysport will wear off. Yet, I'm permanebtly damaged. This last year has been devastating. I had been seeing an excellent opthamologist until just a few days ago when he read my catscan that he ordered. I have one of three eye diseases & I'm waiting to hear from several specialists for what is to happen next. I don't know? I've never felt so horrible as I do now. Why did this happened to me? Is it from the dysport or the injection that was given causing me nerve damage? 5/24/2011 I just finished with all chemo treatments that ironically, only in my tearducts that I have malt low grage lymphoma. The extreme swelling in the upper eyelids have gone back to normal. However, the pain is still extreme with still no tearing. My eyes are completely dry & appears to be permanently damaged. I've never experienced anything at all like this. I'm beyond being overwhelmed. I have a few good years left & I'm frozen with depression & pain. 6/12/2011 I'm now taking Restasis again, had plugs inserted in both tearducts, & using Refresh plus preservative free [in the vials]. I've been through the worse hell I've ever gone through, with so many losses. Whats a mind blower is I have incureable Malt lowgrade lymphoma cancer in my tearducts. The great thing is that just a few days ago my eyes started to show promise in healing. I'm not needing to insert many eye drops as often. I can comfortably wear my lenses. They actually act as a sheild against the air keeps my eyes moisturized. I've not a clue what is before me as far as the cancer from my tearducts spreading or when this will happen. I hope I'll forever be in remission. What a feeling this is. I feel tortured & extremely sad with anger. There's no doubt that my serious injury was caused from my doctors visit on 12/18/09. My mind has at times pushed me over the top, yet I'm quite aware with precise. I've continue to research others that have experienced similar cases. I more than ever value my life & others with this similar experience. I've been traumatized & cannot even cry. It's been for 1 1/2 years of suffering in extremes. I'm a crier & passionate woman. I sob deeply & feel crazed & caged within my pain not tearing. The pain is insane at times in all ways. I'm reaching out for mutual support to everyone that has also suffered by the means of Dysport & into filing a major lawsuit with a qualified lawyer. Please contact me ASAP & let me know what you want to do with additional direction. thankyou..
Oh Portland, I am so sorry to hear about your experiences! I am truly sorry you have been diagnosed with cancer on top of all of the suffering from Dysport. I originally posted my experience in December of 2009. I was able to stop patching one eye after 3 months due to double vision. I also spent a fortune on glasses to help with the double vision. Luckily I no longer have to wear those incredibly thick lenses but my vision has certainly deterioated. I had to go and get a different prescription for lenses once the double vision wore off & did not have to wear glasses prior to Dysport injections. I had a bad experience and have done no more injections since November of 2009. I requested the physician who did the injections as well as the company reimburse me for the $ I had spent with no success. Of course you sign a release in physicians office absolving them of responsibility. When you choose to do something elective, I think it is a challenge to file a lawsuit; however, I am certainly interested in what a lawsuit would entail moving forward. Please let me know. I am thinking of you & wish there was somethinhg I could do or say to make you feel better. Please do not beat yourself up for choosing to do something that you felt would make you feel better about yourself. We have all chosen to do the same thing. You are not a vain or bad person for bettering yourself but the opposite. Sincerely, SallySue80
Hi Sally Sue,
I'm up late & was effortlessly reading between the lines of your experience with somewhat of a confused dissatisfied outlook about how you view the legality side of whose soley responsable for such extreme side effects that were never warned to myself of ever possibly having. First of all, if I had known in findings of the slightest indication that the dysport could seriously hurt me even for a few days, especially to my eyes, lungs, & forming into a cancer to the both of my tearducts because dysport is a viral bacterial poison. Never, for a moment would I consider it. Years botox had been out on the market & I didn't care for it, or the frozen face. I'm not AT ALL beating myself up, or am I vain, & I'm absolutley a very good woman & person. I worked in quality control in the hi-tech industry for almost 20 yrs. I'm also a digital artist of all styles & acrylic painter. My eyes are my tools. I've been a dedicated athlete since 1990, as well. I'm a very passionate lady & selective about what I do with myself. I try to & had always worked smart with feeling & looking young like many ladies that I know.

Secondly, It was injected into my forehead area. And when it was FDA approved to the U.S in 2009 it was only legal to be injected into the forehead glabella area. Nothing below, such as the crows feet area. I was not aware of this when in 2009 doing my research. It was new to the U.S. from Europe. It hit the shelves & took off with coupons etc. being reported to the public of very little side effects at the time. Infact, in 2009 the doctors clinics etc. emphasized of any such effects would maybe be swelling or minor drooping of eyes, yet would last no longer than 5 months. Infact, there supposedly was even an antidote that another lady had similar side effcts given by her doctor. My doctor not only told me how great dysport was, but never gave me any reason to have concern whatsoever! Just to wait it out when I was frantic over the sudden swelling with immediate zero tear loss. Of course you need tears to lubricate your eyes. Then came the bacterial infections [viral bacterial poisoning. Then came a pneumonia that I had never had in my life. It was all the dominoe effect from the moment of the dysport injected into me. Medically, it was illegal to inject into my crows feet area, as was done because it does travel. The hushed report of the 16 children that died from Dysport for treating spastic Dysplasia is a terrible example, yet reason enough for 2009 public demand to know the full truth. In addition to well over 250 reported cases of severe side effects. This was not made known directly to the new consumers that the FDA went ahead & approve for still in using for cosmetic & otherwise purposes. With the eception of only in the glabella area. My internet research & speaking to the doctors nurse before the injections as I said never indicated any long term harm, period. And especially to my eyes & lungs, etc. The toxin spread causing infections to my dry eyes. I wouldn't have given it a 2nd thought to having it done as it caused #1 personal injury #2 damage from product liability, & #3 medical malpractice. I too had my injections in 12/09/. I also did much research before deciding to having the injections. If you carefully re-read my full experience you might have a more realistic & angry attitude truly for what is right & justifiable for yourself & values of your wellbeing. Were you misinformed or did you not educated yourself to what could truly possibly expect [permanently] & compare notes afterwards, etc. I'm sorry about your loss of vision & the other issues. I've kept track of many others though that have dry eyes, lung & breating problems, etc. A refund of hell is just not cutting it for me. Good luck & you're in my prayers..
It's been almost 13 months since I had the botox that set off the awful dry eye. I stopped taking the B12 a long time ago because I started getting heart palpitations (not sure if there was a connection, but I was taking really high dosages so I thought I'd best taper off regardless...). Anyway, I've been using hot moist compresses in conjunction with baby-shampoo scrubs. Plus taking rastasis. My moisture level is 4/5 with 5 being normal. It has improved since this time last year, a bit. So you can imagine what it was like then. I'm hoping things will be normal by next year, cross my thumbs:)