I Still Don't Know if It Was Worth It....

After breastfeeding two children I was very...

After breastfeeding two children I was very excited to get my breast implants. I was a 36A before and ended with a 36C. August of 2009 I got silicone gel implants, 325 moderate in my left (larger breast) and 325 moderate plus in my right (smaller breast). Initially, we planned for a larger implant in my right breast (350cc moderate profile) however,I was told this was the best he could do with my anatomy and that the larger cc amount in my right didnt look good, so he switched it out. I have been recently examined by a plastic surgeon in Florida. He told me that he definitely would have placed the larger implant with a moderate profile in my right breast to address my asymmetry. In considering my chest width, we both believed it would have been more aesthetically pleasing. I am definitely glad I got an outside opinion where I could express my concerns openly without worrying about criticizing someone's work.

Immediately following surgery I noticed a crease underneath my left breast. I was extremely upset and I knew immediately I had a double bubble. Also, when I flex I have a distinct line across the same breast. I have been told this "window-shading" of the breast when flexed is common. Around November, my doctor spoke of a possible revision, I was instructed to push down on the implant and to wear my band. A month later, the implant dropped more and the line wasn't as noticeable. Therefore, my doctor did not think I would need a revision.

Over the past almost 8 months, the double bubble has gotten alot better. I am hoping that my left breast implant will continue to drop, its almost there =) I still have the "window-shading" of my left breast though. I guess time is the best medicine for me. In researching a double bubble online, I found little information about them healing with time. I feel mine is almost there; and if not, well....we will see.

As of now, a year and a half later. I still feel...

As of now, a year and a half later. I still feel the same. Some days Im good with them, others, I'm not. The pictures do not show what I see every single time I lift my arms or bend over. While this is surgery, and this is the choice I made. I don't like it. I've seen better work. I expected more. Maybe I'm a type A perfectionist who will never be happy? Probably so. However, they are my breasts and I still see that line every day. No more plastic surgery for me besides the maintenance for these boobs. Endnote, it hasn't changed or gotten much better. In addition, I will be getting the one breast repaired sooner before later from a different surgeon.

Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

He is a very professional doctor who cares about his work. I checked "undecided" on whether the surgery was worth it because I still don't know if I made the right decision. I feel as if I still had my natural breasts I would be just as happy with my body! I sure didn't have to worry about massaging, double bubbles, implants dropping, etc..I guess there are pro/cons to each.

Its been awhile since I've updated. This account will be deleted (once I figure out how to do that) because I have closed the chapter on my "boobie woes!" Life's too short!

I don't have any pictures, because I have come to terms with being way too critical of something minor and cosmetic. They look pretty much the same they did in Mar 2010. A bit more relaxed/natural. Scars are completely faded. However, that took about 2 years. Didn't expect that length of time.

I have learned there are NO guarantees with surgery. They are not what I was born with and they're never going to be 100% like real breasts, because..well, they aren't. That's the risk I took. I'm worried about having to get them done again in the future when the time comes. I'm assuming I will in about 5-7 years, considering the recommendations for cohesive silicone implants (10 yrs). I do feel, when I get to a certain age, I will have them removed. I'm sure I will look strange at 70 with round, perky boobs, lol.
Any before pics?
wow, they do look great... I went to this office today for a consult.. was it really 7,600 total?
very nice!!
Thanks to all for the kind words and encouragement! Im still hopeful the slight hint of my previous fold completely disappears!
I have the same problem now and by looking at your pictures and improvement makes me feel like mine are going to be allright. I have one bigger than the other and one dropped first below the creast looking like double bubble and i am very depressed. Its only been 2 weeks but looking at your pics give me hope. Please keep me posted on your progress and by the way i would not go back for revision since they look so natural and that is what i am trying to acheive!
Wow, I think they look great in the last picture. Very natural!!
Hi dear i have seen great improvement , hold on a bit longer and see what happens.. Good luck.
They look great and unusually natural! Cheer up, doll!!!
By the way I'm already considering revision,but from a different PS because im afraid he might do something else from what we discuss during surgery!...it is the worst feeling especially when you have been considering something for so long and PAY to get it done!
Hi, oh my goodness i am experiencing the same exact problem. I had tubular breasts and the doctor fixed the tuberous part and left out the asymmetry of my breasts. I remember my surgeon telling me that i would need atleast 25cc more in my right breast but during surgery he decided the same thing as your surgeon he put 375cc in both breasts.I also had silicone implants put in but i feel depressed about the size difference especially because that bugged me so much before BA. It has only been 2 weeks since my BA but most of the swelling has gone down and the size difference is quite evident. I asked him a few times about it he told me not to be so quick to judge but in 3-4 months im going to be calling him again and complaining i can already sense it.
Hey, thanks for the comments on my breast augmentation surgery. Your breasts look beautiful and I can't see the double-bubble in the photos aside from the first one. My double-bubble is improving with time and I'm using the band and compression and massage. Take care and have a great day!
I see a huge improvement. It might just keep getting better. Since you have been seeing improvements...I would hold off on surgery. Your pics look great.
I think you look great! If I were you, I would leave well enough alone. Why put yourself through another surgery and you may still not be happy.
There looks to be nothing wrong with your breast.I was looking into Dr law for a revision surgery.I did not want to return to the other surgeon in the RALEIGH area I had.I decided not to go with Dr Law because it seems that he will not place large implants and I just didn't like the overall attitude I saw in the phone conversation. NOT putting him down as a surgeon, but just not my choice.And just want to let you know that you really don't have to wait a whole year for revision. It depends on the surgeon, your health at the time, and where you go.Some docs say 6 months,some say one year.Just research the best you can.I actually found a great surgeon in SC.I'm not a doctor but I thought I would give you a little advice based only from my experience. Hope all goes well for you. But truly, your breast do look fine.
Thanks, they have gotten alot better. It was really frustrating waiting. The 1 year mark is the limit for doing revisions without being charged full price at his office. Meaning the patient only pays for hospital & anesthesia fees. I guess the main "issue" that bothers me is he didnt put a larger implant in my smaller (right) breast. So Im still as asymmetrical as I was before. I actually saw a plastic surgeon yesterday while in Florida about my BA. He agreed that I should have received the 350cc moderate in my right breast. Which was the plan before surgery, but I knew that once Dr Law cut me open he was going to do what he deemed best for me. I am so glad I got a 2nd opinion about my implants. I feel much better given the knowledge the new doctor told me. Especially since it is not his work, having a new eye see them, and I didnt feel like I was being critical of someone's "work." I think Dr. Law is a good doctor in that he cares about his work. He definitely doesnt do larger implants. He prefers was he says is more of a natural look. 325 cc implants is what he thought was best for me. I think I could have managed larger ones (with moderate profiles) since I have a broad chest. Everyone is really nice at the office, but yes I could see what you mean. They are all business there. Very professional; and at times, itimidating. Not much laughing, cracking jokes, small talk, etc. I flip back and forth daily about my boobs; but overall I think Im ok with them...I think.lol. Thats great you found a good doctor in SC, hopefully its not too much of a drive. Good luck on your revision!