Radiesse -- NEVER AGAIN!!!

I had Radiesse injected into N/L folds and...

I had Radiesse injected into N/L folds and marionette lines two days ago. Also had Captique done for vertical lip lines. I was told that there would be "minimal discomfort" and perhaps some mild swelling and/or bruising. Even with the injections of local anesthesia it was EXCRUCIATING! I was trying not to scream as the p.s. just told me to breathe since he didn't need me passing out in his office. (Thanks for the compassion.) He "massaged" the area by my mouth so hard I felt like I was being punched in the face! Now the whole injected area is almost black and purple...I look like a domestic violence victim and don't dare leave my house. Even makeup will not cover bruises this severe. The swelling is freaky and I am terrified that I will have this "joker" from Batman smile forever. Even with the swelling beginning to subside, I look odd...not like myself at all, and the bruising is a nightmare! Who knows how long it will take to heal or how I will explain it to people. I will NEVER, EVER, EVER put anything into my face again, and I am so disappointed in myself that I bought into the oppressive culture that tells me it is not okay to be 46, I must look 25 forever. I would pay another $2,000 to make it go away. Can't WAIT to have my lines back!

Ladys this radiesee stuff didnt give me the rsults i wanted i had it done 3 weeks ago swelling has gone and guess what the lines are back , so what i did is order this magic tape type stuff that i found online its kind of like 2 sticky tapes that are connected to a thin rubberband that pulls the face back and gives that face lift look. i know its a little strange but i got it just for special ocasionsand u can hide it underneat the hair its barely noticable i wont wear it everday becuase it gets a little uncomfortable but it was only like $25 beats the hell out of getting these costly fillers that we take the chances of disfiguring our faces i did it once and after i didnt get the results of what i was looking for and now they say i need more, no thanks after reading all the negative post on this stuff i just thank God i didnt get to much of a side affect besides the red bumpy rash line across the nose lines, my advice try the tape bands if u dont like the way it looks u can always take it off

To all of you victims of this product, MY HEART GOES OUT TO YOU! I had two vials of Radiesse injected along my jaw line almost TWO AND A HALF YEARS AGO, The initial swelling was insane. I looked like a muppet creature! Huge, painful asymmetrical lumps puffed up and lasted for days! I was stuck in the house for a week. BUT THAT IS JUST THE BEGINNING OF MY NIGHTMARE. Slowly the swelling decreased, yet I was left with a grotesque lumpy rash that moved around my face, and constantly inflammed, crusty, deep red, even oozed out little pieces of the product. It seemed to set off an allergic type of dermatitis, and infectious pustules formed EVERY DAY, FIFTY NEW ONES EVERY DAY. There was no relief for two and a half years. I repeat, THIS CONSTANT REDNESS, PUSTULES, ITCHING LASTED OVER TWO YEARS. I've done soooooo much for it, completely changed my diet, gone 100% gluten free, organic vegan, done tests for food allergies, cut ALL irritants/chemicals from my life like soaps and detergents, hot springing constantly to take down swelling, used STEROIDS, DAPSONE, ALL THE ANTIBIOTICS, CERAMIDES, ALOE VERA, DMSO, COCONUT OIL, PROPOLIS, EVEN CANNABANOID EXTRACT TOPICALLY. I'm not a dumb *ss medically and I know my sh*t. I've exhausted EVERY POSSIBLE RESOURCE. Even paying UPWARDS OF FIVE GRAND for a series of laser treatments and levulan treatments at a world renowned laser doctor. THIS PRODUCT IS EVIL. I WILL SPEARHEAD A CLASS ACTION. I've documented all my trials. I have family connections. LETS MAKE THEM PAY. CONTACT ME IF YOU ARE SERIOUS ABOUT THIS

Im so sorry to hear that you had to go through all of that. i hope that your ok now i got 1 vile of Radiesse just for my nasal folds about 3 weeks ago i didnt experience to much side affects such as yourself but i did get that red bumpy rash you described to a T , and all that fr notihng i wasted $600 for a rash along the sides of my nose and the lines are still there that rash has gone away thank God and the lines are still there the lady that gave me the injections said my lines are too deep and i need more Radiesse after what you described as th what you went through im gonna be opting out for more. the whole purpose for us gals in getting these injections are to look better not worse and from all the negative post i been reading about this stuff im just gonna except the fact that im getting older and i cant stop the affects of aging no more fillers for me. thanks for your post it has been very imformative i hope you things are going ok with you now
Are you serious about a class action suit because I would be willing to join in order to see this product totally removed from the market. A product that does not have a solution to dissolve such never be approved by the FDA.
I had Radiesse in the nasal folds about a week ago i had harldy any bruising and very mild swellng it lasted only 2 days but now im noticing that the injections didnt fill in the folds but the skin directly next to it seems a bit puffy i cant figure out if its just me or what and i asked my hubby and he said it looks the same to him and after reading all the horror storys im affraid to go back and get more injected in the lines. hoping the puffy worm looking lines dwn across my face will disapear shortly i would not do this again
Did anyone get better that had radiesse under the eyes?? I had it 14 months ago and still look terrible. Red, lumps with new wrinkles that weren't there before. Still hoping to find the answer.
Thank you all for your posts. I had had a coupon for a free trial "sample" and I had misplaced it. I notice the coupon offer is gone from the website and I was kicking myself for losing it. Now, it's a blessing I did, based on what I've read here. I am opting instead, for Juvaderm, for the nasal folds. I hope that everyone here has been able to recover from their Radiesse treatments.
It's different for everyone. In my case the biggest factor in the lumps was not the product, but the edema caused by trauma to the tissue, injecting it in and "massaging" it around (more like pounding on my face.) My tissue reacted with a lot of swelling. Steroids helped a LOT and very quickly.
Has anyone ever had an allergic reaction to Radiesse? I have had 2 and am wondering if my body is trying to reject it. Does anyone know what happens when your body rejects it? What can they do for you? I'm worried.
Are you any better? My body has been trying to reject it for 14 months, very red under eyes? Wondering if this is permanant?
Hi there!!! I got the treatment 3 weeks ago, is been the most terrible experience I have bruises ans swelling so bad that my face was black and purple my sking ready to burst,,depress and no able to explain to my husband what I did,,my face hurts so bad that I have to take antinflamatory to ease the pain also antibiotics my dr, never told me that this can turn out a nightmare, i just want to wake up and forget about this..
Hi everyone, I'm having a hard time with radiance. I had the injections done April 28th 08. I was full of trauma for almost two to three mo. I went to a new doctor in Beverly Hills. He has been very calming and understanding, he wanted to make it better for me so I had some laser done to help with the redness and it seems to be much better. Although the redness is much lighter, I also have bumps which seem to be going down. He has been a big help and feels its going to be O.K and will go away within six mo. I just pray.
Hi Laura Ann, So sorry to hear you had trouble with Radiance but hopefully the new doc will be able to help you out! Would you consider sharing your Radiance experience with our readers by posting a review? It sounds like you could provide some great insights into the procedure.
Hello, Your Radiance experience sounds very similar to mine. I got my under eye injections April 8th now over a month later I still have bumps and swelling. I am on oral steroids and it has helped a bit but I still look horrible. How long it it take for your lumps to subside?
No, the steroids didn't make me gain wt. It was only a 7 day course. And now, 9 months after the injections it is all gone. Wrinkles are back, only now I don't mind at all!
severe swelling and edema from lidocaine injections before radiance. I look old and my nasolabial folds are severely swollen from lidocaine shot. did the steriod make you gain quick weight? thanks marie
Hi everyone. They are not supposed to use it under the eyes or around the lips. Doctors have had notoriously bad results with that; it's a shame that some of them still don't know better. As for me...I had mine done in mid December (a bit less than 7 months ago)...had the Marlon Brando chipmunk cheek thing going on but it was primarily edema from the tissue trauma. Oral steroids worked wonders. Then I was left with pink patchy skin at the corners of my mouth from the ruptured blood vessels. I had it lasered down twice and thank the Lord it is gone now. All of it is gone. The joker smile is gone. The slight wrinkle/marionette line is coming back (Hooray for the wrinkles!!!) and I am looking just fine now. I write this so you can all know that it doesn't always last for a year. The stuff does settle down and mellow out eventually. Too bad so many of us have been so traumatized by it though. My take home lesson is: No more procedures! Ever! I'm going to age gracefully and with gratitude! Best of luck to all of you!
Thanks for your words of encouragement!!! I appreciate it! I am just shy of 3 months of having this done. It looks much better on my left side (of my lip). The right side of my lip is a little bumpy and has a risen line across the top of it. What are the laser tx you are talking about? Again thanks for being positive! Sandi
I had Botox and am happy with it too. The radiesse in my laugh lines are fine as well. It is the radiesse put across my upper lip that is the problem for me. I had one small vertical line on my left upper lip. All the radiesse did was widen the line...very strange to me that a doctor would take the chance of putting this in someone's lips. Dr. Sinclair noted on this website that the first treatment last 3-6 months with a second tx lasting 12-18 months (and somewhat semi-permanent as it produces the growth of collagen). I will never get this product again either so I am banking on the 3-6 months). Mine has calmed down but I still want it gone (out of my lips)! My lips feel somewhat tight as well. I think it will only get better knowing you will not use the product again. I think I have a joker look going on too...but it is subtle. I had it put in on April 24th so it has not been 3 months yet and it is getting better...certainly not worth the trama it has caused me!!! And to think I paid for this!!! :(
OK... it has been a week since the injections and I must say it does not look that bad any more. The swelling is gone and the bruising is almost gone. As for the joker face, it has calmed down as well but I still look a bit puffed out around the sides of my lips. I wish my doctor would have explained that this stuff does not really fill in the lines as much as it puffs the skin under the lines, kind of like having cotton balls in you cheeks. I still don't think it was worth the extreme pain and trauma. On a side note, I had Botox the same day on forehead and around crows feet, it came out great and almost no pain. I would not get Radiesse again. It should be gone in a year. Another thing I was told is that it continues to work and "fill in" long after the initial injection, is this true? If that is the case the worst of the Joker face has not yet appeared I fear. Jo
Hi Judy.. Still here in the waits with all of you.. yes.. I still have the joker smile and do not look like myself with other problems.. still speaking with a lisp... Have any of you been treated by a a dermatologist by the name of {edited}. He's from Seattle Washington or Spokane ,I believe. He has traveled to San Fran. California....I'm so sorry were all stuck like this. Please think carefully about having it surgically removed.. I'm worried as to the type of scars you might end up with.. Pls stay in touch with me..you can contact me on my email.. {edited contact info}.. AGAIN HAVE ANY OF YOU BEEN TREATED BY A DERMATOLOGIST BY THE NAME OF {edited}???????????????????????????????????????????????????? Editor note: You must be contacted privately to receive the information you requested. Other registered users may privately contact you by clicking on your username, provided that you have opted to receive private messages (Select “My settings” to update your preference).
Hi Jo, I'm also sorry for what I have done to myself. This is not a good product. I have redness and bumps under my eyes and they say it will go away but not soon enough. If its brown it won't. It sucks!!! Thank God its not brown but still hope its O.K No one seems to have an answer but wait..... If you just got it done give it sometime at least 10 weeks. My thought are with you!!!
I'm sorry the radiesse has worked so poorly for you. I feel bad that the only answer you have been given is to wait! I know other RealSelf readers would love to hear more about your story. Please consider writing a review. Click here to describe your experience with radiesse. In fact, if anyone has an experience with a cosmetic treatment or procedure, we also want to hear from you! Go here to share your story.
I am sorry to say I also am having issues with this product. I had it done just yesterday, didn't tell anyone I was going. When I got home I couldn't stand to look in the mirror. This stuff will last at least a year they say. I had it injected into NF and creases to the sides of my mouth. I have the joker smile too, my profile is ruined. I can't even sleep, I wish I never had this done. I don't know why my doctor used this product over the Restalin he did on my friends. They look great I look disfigured. Some things I have read said this will last 2 years? Help please, need advice I am sick over what I have done to myself.
Jo~ How are you doing? Has it calmed down at all? I am waiting for it to dissolve as well. I just tell myself "This too shall pass". Don't point it out to anyone. Maybe you are noticing it more (that's what I tell myself). I understand how you feel. Sandi