My Radiesse Experience at Las Vegas Med Spa

Radiesse was a horrible experience for me. I went...

Radiesse was a horrible experience for me. I went in for Juvederm and was talked into Radiesse by a "nurse" at a local "un-caring" Medspa.

I am 46 yrs old woman and wanted to soften the look of wrinkles forming in facial dimples (they used to be cute):)

48 hrs after the injection (while on a business trip) I started developing a HUGE rash and serious swelling, along w/difficulty breathing. When I arrived home 2 days later I went straight to a local Emergency Quick Care Center.

I was told that this was an allergic reaction to RADIESSE. I was prescribed steroids "60 ct", allergy meds and an epi pin in case I stopped breathing. The doctor told me that because this stuff is injected he could not promise that this reaction would not return.

It has been one month, the benefits I can't see at all (I had 1 syringe) the medspa threw me out on my heels when I asked for a refund (of course) and my skin is dry and flaky. ALL IN ALL A TERRIBLE EXPERIENCE!

Revage Med Spa Las Vegas, NV

The Medspa, was uncaring. The owner said she wanted to "make it right" and wanted me to meet with their doctor to "access" but when I came in (per her request) but asked for a refund she told me to get out. How was she going to make it right? More RADIESSE? I don't think so.

I deeply feel for the people who have suffered under the hands of a greedy and reckless medical industry here in the USA. I had this despicable product Injected under my jaw line over two years ago, and posted here on realself about my massive inflammatory response, marked by persistent redness along the jaw, constant infections and puss coming up, and huge swollen lumps the size of ping pong balls on some days. This initial reaction lasted a full two months, after doctor after doctor turned me away In shock and awe, afraid of injecting me w steroids longterm and baffled by the sight of me. For the following year Lumps under my skin remained distorting my face, and the redness and the endless cycle of puss filled lesions continued, actually moving from site to site on my face, up from the jaw all along my cheeks and hairline. at two years, tens of thousands of dollars of laser surgery, alternative health treatments and a univeristy's share of knowledge on holistic and high tech skin care later, I still suffer constant redness all along the bottom half of my face, with dozens of new puss filled white heads coming up daily. I lost a full two years of my life and only now am able to manage this condition, namely the constant stinging pain has finally subsided (I couldn't rest my face on a pillow at night or touch my skin without shooting stinging pain). So this is my great success. I have been unemployable In any job out in public as I have looked sick, infected, deformed and "on drugs". Cops have stopped me multiple times and profiled me as a drug user. My sex life suffered immensely save for my spiritual compassion and confident personality. I have had to reorient my career path entirely because if this problem. All caused by injections that I paid for and that were administered by a fully competent and reputable surgeon, or so I thought. This product is evil and had ruined my life, only demanding me to abandon vanity and seek spiritual and personal transcendence to overcome the judgments of people around me, employers, police, my own family, and potential lovers. I have found relieve of sorts through diligent, extremely informed high tech natural skin care, radical lifestyle changes to live near a natural sulfuric hotspring in southern California, a 100% zero gluten diet, no more plastic surgery anything, total mind body health and a dissolution of my ego.. And still I am marked, scarred, can't shave, and spend more time than I ever dreamt I would "grooming" and doing damage control. I am more informed than any medical doctor, naturopath, esthetician on skin care now, diet and lifestyle. Out of necessity. Out of desperation, out of pain and constant discomfort. This Product single handedly derailed my entire Life and career and I still suffer two years on..

Thank you so much for posting your experience. It is our egos that get us into these situations. I have been having fillers for six years and they have suddenly turned on me, splitting, lumpy and moving. It is scary. I have paid thousands of pounds to be in this insecure state. Reading you post has reminded me that there is only a spiritual solution to the dis- ease with myself . I need to stop obsessing about the outside and work on the inside. I am so sorry that you have had to deal with this constant pain. There are a lot of people out there making money selling dreams that can turn into nightmares. Best wishes to you and thank you.

Report them to the medical board, for the improper medical care. And to BBB for poor buisness as a SPA
Dr. Shureih, Thank you for your advice. I have done both, filed a report with the BBB and the state of Nevada medical board. All the best, Mel
I wonder if at this "med-spa" they warned you about the risk? Even if I have already had -say-Botox I am still required once again to sign a piece of paper saying I have been told about the risk and understand them. Do they do this in Nevada-sorry you are having a rough time :(
Hi Butterfly in the wind, Thank you for writing. :) While I was standing in the reception area the nurse had me read a disclaimer while at the same time she was applying "numbing creme" to save time (her words) I have to say that "I" really feel like the dummy here. My appt was for Juvederm not Radiesse but was told that Juvederm was only for lips when I arrived for my appt. I was confused and intimidated, along with being distracted (and kind of embarrassed)by having product put on my face in the reception area while I was reading the info placed in front of me. I did not receive a copy of what I signed until AFTER I started having problems and called the spa. (Bad on their part, dumb on mine) The disclaimer was really about "their" protection not mine. The same info about any side effects are on the RADIESSE website. I think the real reason I wrote about this and put that AWFUL picture of myself up is to just remind myself and others that you really take a chance when you have any procedure like this in a med-spa or hair salon. I wish I had gone to a Plastic Surgeon or Dermatologist. And I sure wish I had protected myself...Stopped, dropped and rolled right out of there. :)

Please go see a boarded dermatologist ASAP to receive proper treatment. This is an example of non doctors treating patients without proper history and physical examinations. The good news is Radiesse will wear out in time, maybe 5 to 8 months. Especially if you had only 1 syringe. Regards from MIAMI

Docblinski, Thank you for your excellent advice and for taking the time to leave this comment. It was a stupid error on my part to trust a "med-spa" with my face! All the best, Mel :)