Tiggling & Bubbly Feeling & Burning Scare - Quebec, Canada

Hi, I can't say I regret it but find it so...

Hi, I can't say I regret it but find it so difficult right now that its hard for me to say just yet if it was worth it. I am basically trying to convince myself that it was and to be patient the results will soon convince me of it. But right now I am at day 8 of my tummy tuck and still can't stand straight, the tightness is so intense, my scar burns and I have a pain & bump under my ribs cage in the centre where my muscles were tied that still hurts ... the doctor said I had more than 2 cm apart so it will hurt. I was very active & fit before the operation. Ran a full marathon 42.2k one week before my operation so not being able to walk more than a few minutes at a time and slow, pent over, without back pain and feeling exhausted quickly is hard!!! Is there anything that I can do to speed up the recovery and help stand straighter? And something to relieve the burning sensation in the scar? Thank u for all your comments that encourage me. Hoping to get some responses.

ChantO 11th day - encouraged

I am so glad to have found this support. You guys have helped me listen to my body and be patient. I am doing better and better. The burning sensation is still present but has diminished alot... It is not as intense and I am getting it more at night.
I am walking around abit more, and a bit straighter especially in the morning, at night it swells abit more so I am abit hunched over. I rest or sit as soon as my body sends me signals to do so. I am sleeping in my bed now with lots of pillows and sleeping alot better. :) My scar is looking really good...the doctor said to start massaging it with capsules of vitamin E this Thursday which will make 2 weeks. I have till the 28th of October off of work so I am taking it easy as much as I can. I am still taking Motrins for pain and swelling as my doctor suggested. I took pictures of before and now but haven't downloaded them yet. Will do soon! Really looking forward to seeing my belly when the swelling goes down. I have had 3 kids and been wanting this for 15 years!
Thanks again for sharing and encouraging me!

Day 18 and doing good!

Hi everyone!
I am on Day 18 after surgury and each day is getting better and better.
I've been reading alot of comment on here and wrote to some personally and its really helped me to be more patient with myself and my body.
I am a person that was used to moving around constantly and doing 50 millions things at once so this has been hard mentally and physically for me.
I am encouraged already though by my results. I posted a picture for you guys to see before and now where I am at. I still have a bit of swelling but it is already so much better than it was! I am excited to see the end result but working on being patient.
I do not feel the lower part of my tummy and still take motrin for pain and swell up abit more at night but other than that its going pretty good.
Thanks everyone for reading and replying to me when you did...it has helped me so much!

Day 18 - Doing good! Picture of before and now!

Hi everyone!
I am on Day 18 after surgury and each day is getting better and better.

Before and at Day 18

Day 21 - First mini turtle walk ...

Hi everyone! Tomorrow I will be on Day 21 so 3 weeks. Yesterday I decided to go for my first mini turtle like walk around the block of 1k to see how I would do... being that I am returning to work on Monday and I have 2.5k walk to work and back from the bus morning and night. I have to admit being a half marathon and marathon runner ... I was a little discouraged as it took me a whole 20minutes! Ouf! I hope I get a little faster by Monday. :( I just don't want to overdue it either. Figured I'll take the earlier bus and go at the rate and speed my body decides. :) You guys have helped me tremendously at being patient and listening to my body. I work in an office so it should be okay. I am less and less swollen and overall pretty good. I fit in size 3 pants already even with my tummy still swollen so I can't complain! I love my new belly already!
I would like to know how long before those who are runners wait before running again and suggestions that you would have when I will start eventually. I am seeing my doctor next week...originally he said to wait between 4 to 6 weeks ...so I will let him tell me what he thinks when I see him too but just curious to hear from others how it went when you started back again. Did you swell up after a run? Was it harder than before? Did you wear your garment while running?
Thanks!
ChantO

Day 21 - 3 weeks today!

Hi everyone!
Thought I would post more pictures of my progress! I am so happy already with my results. Day 21 - 3 weeks today and my swelling has continued to go down and my belly button is starting to look a little bit more normal. :) I know for me it was and is still is very encouraging to see pictures of others especially furthur down the road so I am sharing my pictures to help and encourage others. I've had no complications so far... been putting vitamin E oil on my scar everyday like my doctor suggested and its starting to burn less and less. I have been really carefully and listening to peoples advice and my body and not over doing it, sleeping and eating properly and I think it has contributed to my good healing. Abit nervous to return to work on Monday but I have no choice... single mom of three teens and 3 weeks was all I had. I will be extra careful....leave earlier to not overdo my walk distance at work and go to bed early when I get back so I continue to heal well. Being good to hopefully be top shape when I can return to my activities! Better to be safe than sorry like they say! :)
Thanks again for all of you who have written to me...helps me morally to keep patient and focus on the end results.

4 weeks TODAY (one month) new pictures

Hi everyone,
I took new pictures today of before and after one month. Its going really well, returned to work this week (office work) was more tired and swollen at the end of my days but it went well. Iced my belly when I got home, ate and went to bed early. :)
Seeing my doctor tomorrow... anxious to see what he thinks. I feel good, still taking Motrin for pain here and there but overall feeling good. And loving my stomach so far. My belly button is trying to go back inward. I oil my scar with vitamin E capsule every morning and still wearing my garment, walking straight and faster. :) Thanks again to all of you for your support! So glad I found this website! Helped me mentally so much to read you guys. I don`t regret doing it should have done it a long time ago! Took me 17 years to go for it so it was well thought out!

Update after seeing my doctor

Hi all u lovely woman!
Saw my doctor last Friday for my 1 month, he was extremely pleased with my recovery. My scar is healing beautifully & I can now start training ...light jogging and walking no abs though. Walked my first 10k walk today...with a break at 5k and it went well, but I do not feel ready to jog yet. ...listening to my body. :) That is the key to good recovery. Tried on.my 1st bikini after not wearing one for 17 years ....love it already! Going to take my first candle light bath since the operation...feeling better & better every day!

1 months 1 week +

Hi girls, I am doing really good, garment free in the last week and feeling more and more like my old self everyday! Its amazing how one week makes such a difference. I have started training my arms and legs with my doctors ok and fast walking but all though my doctor had given me the okay to jog, I was nervous and didn't feel ready. I went out today for my first small, very slow run of 5ks and it was awesome! It felt sooo good. Took me 10minutes more than the time I normally use to do but I didn't want to overdo it and paced myself. I was in tuned with my body and listened to its limits. :) I hardly have any swolling left, its looking really good and I feel amazing. :) So happy I did it ... wish I had done it years ago!!!!!

Worried about my belly button-please HELP

I am at 44 days everything was going well, until a couple of days ago. My belly button turned red on a part of it and today its purple with a white spot? Should I be worried, should I call my doctor? Posted a picture.

belly button problem

Saw the doctor - Update on my purple spot in my belly button.

It was a stitch rejection that got infected. The doctor popped it all, extracted the infected liquid out, checked with his instrument if there wasn't any trace of the stitch left, burnt the hole with some izot liquid to scar it. Said to wash normally, disinfect with peroxide till it heal back, and continue apply my vitamin E oil daily. Nothing to be alarmed with he said, it will heal.:) Relieved!!!!!!!!

52 days update-almost 2 months

Hi everyone, just took more pictures this morning. I had my best week since the operation and my belly button who a week ago or so had decided to reject a stitch is doing better! :) will post more of my progress later but here are pictures in the mean time.. Truly happy with the results so far!!!

Feeling 100 millions times better with the new ME!

Hi ladies! I am at nearly 2 months and feeling great! Had my best week since the operation last week. Managed to do 3 times 3k runs, 3 yoga sessions and one 40k bike ride in this cold weather! I made sure to lsy down on my back after each run to ninimize the swelling and it worked. Today I did 5ks. I am curious tthough to know if any of u could answer me. Does the hardness on the belly from the muscles being tied go away at some point. I feel really bloated at times becsuse of it ...is that normal?
I am constantly worried about gaining weight but I am a size 3. Can anyone relate? Here are new pictures.

2 months today!

Hi gals! Time for more pictures.:)
I just got back from a 5k jog so my tummy was abit more swollen but even swollen I love it 1000million times more than my old rinckled tirer I had b4!!!!Feeling better and better. ..slowly getting back into my jogging routine. Diing squats and arm exercises. Getting there. Thanks for all your comments and support on here.....it has helped me eenormously and still is!!!!

3 days short of 3 months!!!! Happy New Years ALL!

Hi all u beautiful woman. Just wanted to wish u all a HAPPY NEW YEAR! And take the time to thank u all for your support, encouraging comments, your pictures, stories and updates that inspired and gave me strength through this major life change for the better. I continue to do well and read on here and still find all of you inspiring. I also thought it was time for more pictures as I am approaching my 3 months mark in 3 days. I am doing fabulously well. Been working out at the gym for the last 4 weeks , 4 to 5 times a week. Running on treadmill 3,6, & 8 miles. Just went snowshoeing in the last 2 days 3 hours at a time each with no swelling or hardly any. My tummy get hard at times but has soften up alot. Been massaging it daily. I gained a little 5 lbs over the holidays, haven't been as careful food wise but did not slack on my training and will get back to it after the holidays. Thanks again to all of u fabulous woman.

51/2 months - due for an update...

I am abit behind in my updates...my dad passed away January 30th...I had started to train fully except for my abs but with tje loss of my dad I fell a bit behind...I did good last week ran 4 x 3.5miles in 26mins and 3x1 hour of weight training. Belly is doing so well...got almost all my sensation back.
Dr. Chagnon

Excellent doctor....known for small scar ...23 years experience in Montreal, Canada.