Tiggling & Bubbly Feeling & Burning Scare - Quebec, Canada

Hi, I can't say I regret it but find it so...

Hi, I can't say I regret it but find it so difficult right now that its hard for me to say just yet if it was worth it. I am basically trying to convince myself that it was and to be patient the results will soon convince me of it. But right now I am at day 8 of my tummy tuck and still can't stand straight, the tightness is so intense, my scar burns and I have a pain & bump under my ribs cage in the centre where my muscles were tied that still hurts ... the doctor said I had more than 2 cm apart so it will hurt. I was very active & fit before the operation. Ran a full marathon 42.2k one week before my operation so not being able to walk more than a few minutes at a time and slow, pent over, without back pain and feeling exhausted quickly is hard!!! Is there anything that I can do to speed up the recovery and help stand straighter? And something to relieve the burning sensation in the scar? Thank u for all your comments that encourage me. Hoping to get some responses.

ChantO 11th day - encouraged

I am so glad to have found this support. You guys have helped me listen to my body and be patient. I am doing better and better. The burning sensation is still present but has diminished alot... It is not as intense and I am getting it more at night.
I am walking around abit more, and a bit straighter especially in the morning, at night it swells abit more so I am abit hunched over. I rest or sit as soon as my body sends me signals to do so. I am sleeping in my bed now with lots of pillows and sleeping alot better. :) My scar is looking really good...the doctor said to start massaging it with capsules of vitamin E this Thursday which will make 2 weeks. I have till the 28th of October off of work so I am taking it easy as much as I can. I am still taking Motrins for pain and swelling as my doctor suggested. I took pictures of before and now but haven't downloaded them yet. Will do soon! Really looking forward to seeing my belly when the swelling goes down. I have had 3 kids and been wanting this for 15 years!
Thanks again for sharing and encouraging me!

Day 18 and doing good!

Hi everyone!
I am on Day 18 after surgury and each day is getting better and better.
I've been reading alot of comment on here and wrote to some personally and its really helped me to be more patient with myself and my body.
I am a person that was used to moving around constantly and doing 50 millions things at once so this has been hard mentally and physically for me.
I am encouraged already though by my results. I posted a picture for you guys to see before and now where I am at. I still have a bit of swelling but it is already so much better than it was! I am excited to see the end result but working on being patient.
I do not feel the lower part of my tummy and still take motrin for pain and swell up abit more at night but other than that its going pretty good.
Thanks everyone for reading and replying to me when you did...it has helped me so much!

Day 18 - Doing good! Picture of before and now!

Hi everyone!
I am on Day 18 after surgury and each day is getting better and better.

Before and at Day 18

Day 21 - First mini turtle walk ...

Hi everyone! Tomorrow I will be on Day 21 so 3 weeks. Yesterday I decided to go for my first mini turtle like walk around the block of 1k to see how I would do... being that I am returning to work on Monday and I have 2.5k walk to work and back from the bus morning and night. I have to admit being a half marathon and marathon runner ... I was a little discouraged as it took me a whole 20minutes! Ouf! I hope I get a little faster by Monday. :( I just don't want to overdue it either. Figured I'll take the earlier bus and go at the rate and speed my body decides. :) You guys have helped me tremendously at being patient and listening to my body. I work in an office so it should be okay. I am less and less swollen and overall pretty good. I fit in size 3 pants already even with my tummy still swollen so I can't complain! I love my new belly already!
I would like to know how long before those who are runners wait before running again and suggestions that you would have when I will start eventually. I am seeing my doctor next week...originally he said to wait between 4 to 6 weeks ...so I will let him tell me what he thinks when I see him too but just curious to hear from others how it went when you started back again. Did you swell up after a run? Was it harder than before? Did you wear your garment while running?
Thanks!
ChantO

Day 21 - 3 weeks today!

Hi everyone!
Thought I would post more pictures of my progress! I am so happy already with my results. Day 21 - 3 weeks today and my swelling has continued to go down and my belly button is starting to look a little bit more normal. :) I know for me it was and is still is very encouraging to see pictures of others especially furthur down the road so I am sharing my pictures to help and encourage others. I've had no complications so far... been putting vitamin E oil on my scar everyday like my doctor suggested and its starting to burn less and less. I have been really carefully and listening to peoples advice and my body and not over doing it, sleeping and eating properly and I think it has contributed to my good healing. Abit nervous to return to work on Monday but I have no choice... single mom of three teens and 3 weeks was all I had. I will be extra careful....leave earlier to not overdo my walk distance at work and go to bed early when I get back so I continue to heal well. Being good to hopefully be top shape when I can return to my activities! Better to be safe than sorry like they say! :)
Thanks again for all of you who have written to me...helps me morally to keep patient and focus on the end results.

4 weeks TODAY (one month) new pictures

Hi everyone,
I took new pictures today of before and after one month. Its going really well, returned to work this week (office work) was more tired and swollen at the end of my days but it went well. Iced my belly when I got home, ate and went to bed early. :)
Seeing my doctor tomorrow... anxious to see what he thinks. I feel good, still taking Motrin for pain here and there but overall feeling good. And loving my stomach so far. My belly button is trying to go back inward. I oil my scar with vitamin E capsule every morning and still wearing my garment, walking straight and faster. :) Thanks again to all of you for your support! So glad I found this website! Helped me mentally so much to read you guys. I don`t regret doing it should have done it a long time ago! Took me 17 years to go for it so it was well thought out!

Update after seeing my doctor

Hi all u lovely woman!
Saw my doctor last Friday for my 1 month, he was extremely pleased with my recovery. My scar is healing beautifully & I can now start training ...light jogging and walking no abs though. Walked my first 10k walk today...with a break at 5k and it went well, but I do not feel ready to jog yet. ...listening to my body. :) That is the key to good recovery. Tried on.my 1st bikini after not wearing one for 17 years ....love it already! Going to take my first candle light bath since the operation...feeling better & better every day!

1 months 1 week +

Hi girls, I am doing really good, garment free in the last week and feeling more and more like my old self everyday! Its amazing how one week makes such a difference. I have started training my arms and legs with my doctors ok and fast walking but all though my doctor had given me the okay to jog, I was nervous and didn't feel ready. I went out today for my first small, very slow run of 5ks and it was awesome! It felt sooo good. Took me 10minutes more than the time I normally use to do but I didn't want to overdo it and paced myself. I was in tuned with my body and listened to its limits. :) I hardly have any swolling left, its looking really good and I feel amazing. :) So happy I did it ... wish I had done it years ago!!!!!

Worried about my belly button-please HELP

I am at 44 days everything was going well, until a couple of days ago. My belly button turned red on a part of it and today its purple with a white spot? Should I be worried, should I call my doctor? Posted a picture.

belly button problem

Saw the doctor - Update on my purple spot in my belly button.

It was a stitch rejection that got infected. The doctor popped it all, extracted the infected liquid out, checked with his instrument if there wasn't any trace of the stitch left, burnt the hole with some izot liquid to scar it. Said to wash normally, disinfect with peroxide till it heal back, and continue apply my vitamin E oil daily. Nothing to be alarmed with he said, it will heal.:) Relieved!!!!!!!!

52 days update-almost 2 months

Hi everyone, just took more pictures this morning. I had my best week since the operation and my belly button who a week ago or so had decided to reject a stitch is doing better! :) will post more of my progress later but here are pictures in the mean time.. Truly happy with the results so far!!!

Feeling 100 millions times better with the new ME!

Hi ladies! I am at nearly 2 months and feeling great! Had my best week since the operation last week. Managed to do 3 times 3k runs, 3 yoga sessions and one 40k bike ride in this cold weather! I made sure to lsy down on my back after each run to ninimize the swelling and it worked. Today I did 5ks. I am curious tthough to know if any of u could answer me. Does the hardness on the belly from the muscles being tied go away at some point. I feel really bloated at times becsuse of it ...is that normal?
I am constantly worried about gaining weight but I am a size 3. Can anyone relate? Here are new pictures.

2 months today!

Hi gals! Time for more pictures.:)
I just got back from a 5k jog so my tummy was abit more swollen but even swollen I love it 1000million times more than my old rinckled tirer I had b4!!!!Feeling better and better. ..slowly getting back into my jogging routine. Diing squats and arm exercises. Getting there. Thanks for all your comments and support on here.....it has helped me eenormously and still is!!!!

3 days short of 3 months!!!! Happy New Years ALL!

Hi all u beautiful woman. Just wanted to wish u all a HAPPY NEW YEAR! And take the time to thank u all for your support, encouraging comments, your pictures, stories and updates that inspired and gave me strength through this major life change for the better. I continue to do well and read on here and still find all of you inspiring. I also thought it was time for more pictures as I am approaching my 3 months mark in 3 days. I am doing fabulously well. Been working out at the gym for the last 4 weeks , 4 to 5 times a week. Running on treadmill 3,6, & 8 miles. Just went snowshoeing in the last 2 days 3 hours at a time each with no swelling or hardly any. My tummy get hard at times but has soften up alot. Been massaging it daily. I gained a little 5 lbs over the holidays, haven't been as careful food wise but did not slack on my training and will get back to it after the holidays. Thanks again to all of u fabulous woman.

51/2 months - due for an update...

I am abit behind in my updates...my dad passed away January 30th...I had started to train fully except for my abs but with tje loss of my dad I fell a bit behind...I did good last week ran 4 x 3.5miles in 26mins and 3x1 hour of weight training. Belly is doing so well...got almost all my sensation back.
Dr. Chagnon

Excellent doctor....known for small scar ...23 years experience in Montreal, Canada.

I'm sorry about your dad passing. You look amazing. I am so glad I found your story. I am also a runner and avid road biker. I am running the Big Sur marathon and having my tummy tuck two weeks after (May 12). I am so tired of feeling the extra skin when I run. I also hate when race pictures come out and I am thin everywhere except the tummy. I would love any recovery advice you have for runners. Did you wear any compression garments when you started back to running? How long before you think you will be ready to train for a long ride? I am signed up for the RSVP (Seattle to Vancouver) in August.
Hi Seachik, thank you for your post...it inspires me to read about other runners and bikers too! I'm glad you found my post, as I have had so many advice on realself from others and it has helped me soooo much to get through the after math of the operation. I ran my marathon the week before my operation. It was quite the contrast after the operation. I couldn't even get out of my recliner chair the first 2 days after my op...then I was a week walking hunched down and barely walking more than 10 steps at a time...went back to work after 3 weeks and could still not walk that well but wasn't hunched anymore. I won't lie, it is very painful, biggest pain I've ever been through, and mentally very hard when you are like me a speedy, and active person but I don't regret it at all. The only thing I would change is ...I would have done it way before if I would have known how good it makes me feel! I got my docs ok to start running after one month op and stopped wearing the garment at one month. I tried running after one month but it hurt too much in my abdominal wall...I didn't get liposuction...didn't need it...but did have extensive muscle repair from giving birth to 3 big babies. My kids are now 20, 18 and 14 ...took me long to do it. I am now running 3.2 miles 5 times a week the fastest I can to train my cardio ... I plan to go out as soon as the weather gets nicer here and do a longer run... I do weight training 5 times a week too. My doc said to hold off on the abs though...he said with my running and weight training the arms and legs I will solicitate my abs in the same time enough and he is right. After my weight training my abs sometimes hurt but nothing too bad. My scare is healing nicely still putting vitamin E everyday morning on it. I have almost all my feeling back in and around my belly ... I feel amazing. I hardly swell anymore after my workout just sometimes. Its awesome...I registered in 5 half marathon for this season and in May I will be running my first half since the operation. In May too ...my doc said I can do abs again. :) Hope this helps you... remember though that everyone and every case is different. When you get your op, just make sure to listen to your body and doctor. Go slowly to be sure to heal well...my doc says if you are fit going in the operation it usually helps with how well we recover. Right after your op...visit alot if you are finding it difficult...there is a big support there and write to me anytime! It will be a pleasure for me to return what I got. Can't wait to see your pictures of before and after and your progress. Keep us posted!
Thank you for the reply :). For the muscle repair, do you know if your doctor used permanent stitches?
Yes he did has I had more than 2cm gap wide to tighten back up. Hope my response helped u and will be of help in the future. Anxious to see your progress before and after.v
Wowie girl! Look at you now! U remember reading about you walking the 5k when I was in early recovery thinking I could never do that. Now I'm on the treadmill wishing I could do more. Thanks for your update in my post today. I was excited to hear that you are soooo active now. Gives me so much hope! My PS gives me the clear to do "whatever I want" at 6 weeks. I'm pumped! 18 days and counting.. BTW- you look freakin' awesome! Love the guns!
Thanks Lisalicious. :) It was hard to believe at first that I went from running a marathon to hardly be able to walk at first and now at 3 month + I am doing more and more exercises and doing great! I am doing arm, legs, butt weight lifting and exercises and running 4-5 times a week, 3-4-6 miles at a time. It is encouraging to hear about everyones progress especially when they are ahead of us. It only gets better and better! Just remember to listen to your body when you start training again. Its a slow process but we will get there!
Looking great!
Thank you! :)
You look great! I dont see 5 pounds!
Thanks Elijanh ...glad you don`t see it. I see the 5lbs mostly on my scale. LOL! I still love my flat stomach. :)
You look awesome!!!
Thank you Amy! :)
Bb turned out great! Bella
Thanks! :)
You look great!
Thank you so much!
Hi there. I think you look great! Super fit and curvaceous too. I have that feeling every time I take a shower. Tithe tight muscles, like I swallowed a bag of rocks. I'm thinking it should go away slowly as the muscles heal. They should be tight but I don't think we should feel bloated.
Thanks for responding. Hope it feels less bloated with time too.
It's so funny to me when people get tummy tucks and then want the tightness in their muscles and skin to go away. Um, isn't that what we just paid big bucks for? Lol! That was what I was going for! :-)
Lol! Guess that is what we paid for. I worked out alot b4 the surgery and had nice abs but the buttom of my rinkled belly hid them, so I was wondering if the bottom of my tummy thst feels hard as rock right now will feel more naturally hard as how I felt when I worked out? :)
You look fantastic....! So, if you lay on your back after a run, you don't get as much swelling? How long are you laying down for? I'm all about finding tips to deal with the swell hell i keep reading about, lol. Thanks for posting your profile. Definitely an inspiration for myself and others :)
Thank u so much Snowfly for your comments and compliments. I layed down on my back 1 hour sfter each run. Watched tv or read comments on realself. :) This week I ran one 4k run, one 5k, and did one 8k fadt walk with 50 squats and 2x40 arm lifts and I hardly had any swelling. I sat instead after each run instead of laying down. Had a Christmas party Saturday and danced for 3 hours ...swelled up so it is all about listening to yout body really. If I can I dit or lay down when I swell till I feel the pressure off my belly. Hope this helps u. :)
You look so so good! Your dr did a great job on your incision. I am so encouraged to hear you say you are being so active at one month post. I am very active so of course, I was very worrried going in that I would not be able to do my normal gym jam stuff. Its 9 days and I do in fact, feel better and better everyday like you said! WOOOWWWWEEE. Those first few days had me panicked. Does the lifting (Working your legs and arms) hurt more or less than the running? I am not a distance runner but LOVE a good interval training session with sprints so I am anxious to get back to that and my first love, is the iron. Can't wait to get some pullups in, lat pull downs, Bicep curls squats and that sort. CAN"T WAIT. Can't wait to wear workout clothes that I already own and not see a big stomach staring at me in the mirror!!! SO blessed! Glad work is goign well, keep updating!! I look foward to following your progress Oh, and I worry about gaining weight I think it is just ingrained in us :)
Thank u so much for your comment. I think it is ingrained in us the obsession of gaining weight. The running solicitate more my lower abs muscle than my squats and arm lifting weights. But neither one hurt thst much. I do feel it sore but not too bad. But I am being careful not to workout more than my body can handle, that is the most challenging part for me. Lol!
I would imaging that the tightness goes away at some point, or maybe we get use to it. Mine does feel softer than it has and the hardness about the bb is lessening. I think i have permanent sutures, some days i can feel them (on skinny days). I'm wearing a size 6 that's rather lose and I'm obsessing over my weight and if i'm working out enough, if I'm eating enough or too much. I think itll take a few months to ease back to normal.