So Excited to Have the Body I Once Had 24 Yrs Ago, and 3 Kids Later! :) - Puyallup, WA

Well I have been considering this for a long time....

Well I have been considering this for a long time.. but just recently decided to go ahead with it! And I am very excited to finally get rid of what exercise can't! I am 43 years old, a mother of 3. My oldest 23 and youngest 5. I feel like, with some guilt (as us mommas do) that this is my time. Am so ready!! Boy this day can't come soon enough for me! I also am pretty nervous too. Praying and hoping for a quick/smooth recovery! My pre op was on the 5th. I talked to the Anesthsiologist, OR Nurse and of course my PS. Everyone was so warm and caring. Very nice. Completely answered my questions and concerns. :) My husband came with me. Which was nice since he will be my immediate care giver over the next 2 days Post OP. So all of his concerns were answered too. Fun part was he was very happy to help me chose my breast size(of course) Now I am a 36 saggy C. We together decided on 400's and saline. DD Ahhhh my goodness! Am thrilled and this just sometimes seems like a dream.. HA! And when I awake I will be perky and with a flat tummy! I think I am most nervous about my tt! I do have a high tolerance to pain so am hoping I won't have to take my pain meds for too long! Right now I am 155lbs at 5ft 3'. I am hoping to lose a good 5lbs or more before surgery. Wish me luck! II am so glad to have stumbled across this site. So much info and so great to have support from others who have or are going to be doing the same or some sort of procedure. I will post pics sooner to my big day! :) Also since I paid with cash.. I received a little % off! Nice!!

Today is day 7 post op! Feeling pretty good today!...

Today is day 7 post op! Feeling pretty good today! Hubby took me to get a latte this morning. Nice to get out of the house!! On day 5 I was feeling great and decided to do some pretty DUMB stuff like, vacuum, laundry and cook dinner. Ok, I was an idiot! Day 6 I was SOOOO miserable! My groin had sharp shooting pains, I was so bloaded my stomace was seriously trying to bloat out of my compression garment on the botton above my stittches. I couldn't sit or stand.. Was very constipated, never have felt that uncomfortable trying to use the bathroom. Crying off and on all day yesterday. I talked with my PS twice and was going to meet him today (Sunday) at his office. He called me first thing this morn to see how I was. WELL, I woke up feeling much better, no sharp pains. I finally had a BM last night. Hurt like H E L L! But after that my bloating went down and no more pains. Thank Goodness! Totally taking it easy today! So hard for me, as I am not one to just sit. Always up and moving. But if I want a nice smoothe recovery I need to 'chill'! So chill I will be! ;) Have to be honest, my tt has been the worse pain ever! Even worse then my natural childbith experience I had with my last child. My breast aug and lift are coming along great I love my new girls! Tues I get one drain pump out and the foam from my compreion garment out! CAN'T WAIT! How is everyone else doing??

Day 8 post op. SO EXCITED to finally SEE my new...

Day 8 post op. SO EXCITED to finally SEE my new flat tummy!! :) It has been 1 week since my 1st post op appt (day after procedure). I got to see a peek..but was so loopy! LOL! Anxious to take off this awful compression garment.. It is so bulky and uncomforatable!! 1 drain comes out today too! YAHOO!!!!

The more I do the bigger I bloat! HELP! I am 11...

The more I do the bigger I bloat! HELP! I am 11 days post op now... I drink H20 all day and seriously go to bed looking very pregnant, lol! Ugh! I do wake up very flat :) .. So I guess the more I just chil and stay off my feet will minimize the bloat?! I fear I will get fat w/lack of excersize! Waaaa.... I already need to lose a good 15lbs!
however am still thrilled with my new bod. Just hate this bloat! Bleh! AND I get my 2nd drain out today! Oh man I can not wait! Anyone else having major bloat?

11 days post op! 2nd drain came out today! THANK...

11 days post op! 2nd drain came out today! THANK GOODNESS!! :) Those drains were a pain! One happy girl!! Feeling more on the up side of recovery now. Took it easy today.. but feeling whiped out!
Dr. Philip Kierney

Had a consultation with 2 other PS's one in Bellvue and one in Seattle. I decided to look for a hometown PS and Dr. Kierney is like literally 5 min from my house. He had great reviews and I liked how I actually talked with Nurses and the Dr at my consult. He was very kind and answered all of my questions and explained ever little detail in a gentle snd caring manor. The nurses are all so very sweet and wonderful. Not once have I ever felt rushed or like a inconvenience. (as you do at some Dr offices) Tomorrow will be one week since my surgery and I have talked with the nurse once and the Dr 3x's. He was so kind and genuinely concerned with my issues I had going on at that moment. And this was over his weekend. Such a wonderful staff! :) The other 2 PS office I only got to meet with a personal consultationist (receptionist). Wasn't very personable, esp when this was such an important and very personable decision. So happy I chose Dr. Kierney!

Im having a extended tt on May 10 with Dr. Kierney...scared to death! I'm definitely letting nerves get the better of me....
How are you doing?? I would love to see some new pics!! :)
Been a little while - hope you're doing well!!!
Thank you Sunny. I need to post new more recent pics. Just keeps getting better ea day, except some bloating here and there. SoontoB, am doing good! Monday will be 3 weeks post op! Got the green light to do some light excersize. :)
You look super!! wonderful results...
Hi and congrats on the new you!! Did you have a breast lift along with the augment? :)
Hi Mom3.. Thank you so much! Am thrilled with my results SO FAR and I am only 2 weeks post op. :) Yes, I did get a lift with my Aug. I chose saline over silicone. And went with 400 in size. The pics I posted I was still pretty hunched over some. I need to do some updated pics soon. :)
Yay for no drains! Yeah - the bloat is really a losing battle LOL! I get it too! Yesterday was particularly bad because not only was I out from 830am-2pm....my eating was not that great - not horrible but I ate out and it wasn't salad. =) Hang in there! I feel ya with this annoying bloat! I also still feel like I'm fighting the tightness or the pullining of my belly - especially by the end of the day! Oh and my monthly friend is on her way in too - lovely week but I'll survive! LOL! You're looking really good though!

Glad your last drain came out! That's awesome!
Thank you! :) Am loving my new bod more ea day! Except that dumb (youthful discretion) tatoo on my breast. SO DUMB! Was 18.. and oh so inlove..haha, yea! I did have my EX husbands name lasered off a few years back. My PS said he prob would end up having to take part of it off, and actually was very thrilled, hoping he could take the whole tat off. But has been there for 22 years so I don't even notice it anymore until I see a pic of myself. Ah well.. maybe will get brave and have an artist re do it for me? Was thinking of eventually having a tatoo cover my bikini scar? IDK.. just a thought.. I think I will make a Target run for some camisoles later. Already ran to Safeway this morn. Really tired me! Time to R E LA X w/my feet up! :) How is everyone else doing? Oh and 2nd drain comes out tomorrow! CAN NOT WAIT!!
OMG you look GREAT!!!! *hugs* SO happy for you!

You look great! I bet you are super happy with your results!
I did see my tummy! And boy did I itch! LOL! My PS said to get Vit E oil AND to take Vit E also. I asked him about the silicone strips, and he said sure, some people swear by them.. but he suggested the vit E. And Aloe... :) I need to drink more water!! Pretty thrilled with my results and it is ONLY like day 9 post op. :) WhooooHoooo!! My belly is numb. That is sort of a strange sensation! And Thanks ladies! Awesome to have support that knows exactly what I have been through, and am going through. CHEERS!

Did ya see your tummy?
Yay!!!! I am so excited for you and can't wait to see pics! I am so jealous of everyones boobs! LOL! I am a week out today and feel so so great - pretty much as normal as I can expect to feel - doing things around the house (very light things) yet needing a nap mid morning daily. =) I am pounding SERIOUS water - over a gallon a day and that's helping me with the swell. GL with the next drain coming out! Hope it's super soon! YAY!!!! Oh and yay for the shower!!! =)
One drain out....moving on :) I too have that "shelf" and its frustrating! I thought I guess, that my body would look perfect, Im trying to remind myself that I DO look better. I guess our minds do a trick yes? And the scar looking good? As good as a scar can look is right! Mine still shows disolving sutures w/ mesh...YUCK! Ill post later, it reminds me of frankenstein. My showers are every other day, but the first made me feel human again. I cant wait to feel comfortable enough to take a candle lite bubble bath :) Hers to the next drain coming out!
Hey there ladies! Well my appt yesterday went good! One drain came out (thank god)!! The other will come out tomorrow or fri. :) I got to finally take a shower this morn. It felt amaaazing!! LOL! Super happy with my tummy and stitches look nice (as nice as they can look) seem low, which am happy about. BUT not digging this bloat look.. and I have like a shelf (as i've heard it called) I guess it's where my bloat starts. However.. besides that, which I understand the bloat eventually goes a way... I am so happy! My breast look great! WOW! Scar underneath you can't even see. PS happy about results. So am I! I'll have to take some pics. Will wait until other drain comes out. :) How are you all doing? Have to add... as time goes by I am nodding my head to HEY'LL yea this has all been worth it!! The first few days/week is so hard. Mostly discomfort and pain. (stay on top of your meds) Am glad I planned ahead, did shopping, set stuff I would need on my night stand. Arrange for care. Between my Hubby, oldest daughter, my sister, BFF, and a wonderful neighbor the firat week went very well. Happy to move on to week 2!! :)

Can't wait to see pics! How are feeling?
Yay!! Congrats! Great Day! Can't wait to see pics!!
I just posted a pic day 6 Post OP. Am hunched over, so not the greatest pic of my breast, but am so happy with them! Have my one week appt tomorrow, so I will get to see my new flat(but bloated) tummy! Super Duper excited!! :) One drain comes out YAY! AND this bulky foam under my compression garment comes out!! CAN NOT WAIT! Will post more pics!!
Im 11 days PO and feel good, almost too good. My PS saw me today and remarked how good I looked and was doing. I was like, um yeeaahh! Thats why I aid all the big $$ LOL. My do too much day was yesterday, MY PS did NOT like I went to outlet ctrs on the way to the airport to P/U my son, even though I didnt drive. So, No driving till Thur. and all the usual stuff I want to do is on hold. My CNA is till helping and my 12 yr old is going to earn allowance $$ now that hes home. Im glad your doing well, its nice to see the road on recovery :)
So awesome you are feeling good and looking good too!! :) Did I see gingerflowers you also went to Target like, 6 days post op? You are one brave woman! You wouldnt catch me out looking like I do now! LOL! As stir crazy as I am. Funny though because I do have to go to the bank today. Hoping for this type of transaction I can do just the drive thru. I will wear my shades and a hat, haha if I have to go in. Of course it can't wait until tom, when my foam comes off and one drain! Shoot! ;) YES, here is the road to recovery for us girls! CHEERS~
Yeah, Im a dummy LOL. I was up and walking circles by Sat. when family stopped by from FL to VA. They were like whoa, sit down! My CNA drove to me Target, I had to refill my Lunesta and they req ID. So I held on to the cart with vice grips and made it thru. Ive beeen to Kohls, Target 3 times,two DR apt, dinner w/ hubby 2x, and the outlet centers on my way to the airport (only told PS about the outlet ctr and APO...NOT HAPPY). My stir crazy moment was (I know, most of this sounds crazy) driving to get my spray tan on Sat. My CNA was running late. I sent her a series of texts saying I couldnt wait and that I was gonna drive. She was about 10 mns away and I think my mind ust snapped. I remember thinkin "I have GOT to get this spray tan so it sets in and I can shower, and then pack an overnight bag, and OHHH, I wonder if I can stop and get a Mc'Ds sweet tea",,HUH?? She was standing on my steps like a pissed off mama when I got back. oops :) Shes kept me from doing too much and its been such an easy job for her. I basically have adult ADHD..so this slowing down thing is for the birds! I guess todays the big day? So exciting to reach this milestone. Let us know how it goes.
We are alot alike! Sitting and relaxing is very hard for me! I have been doing ALOT of on line browsing, :) My 25 HS reunion is coming up Sept 30th. We will be flying home to SO CA. So have been looking at cute, sexy LITTLE ;) dresses. Am so down for a new wardrobe! Am gonna wait though until a few days before we leave to go shopping! By then am really hoping that some swelling will have minimized some! Also doing DisneyLand. My Nurses said I should be totally fine by then. Sure hope so! Except that one day I felt like superwoman, I have been taking it pretty easy! So expecting my recovery to go smoothe and 'speedy'! Reading your last response you have really been getting around! I love Target, and haven't been in awhile. Well, lol like over a week. Am looking forward to date nights again with my hubby and of course all he can think about is 6 weeks from now... MEN, huh!! ;) Poor guy, he really has been wonderful! As wonderful as he can be, as he is def not nurse material! YES, today is the big day! Listen to your CNA! ;) How much longer are ya having her for?
My CNA helped me clean out my garage. I dont need her for much other b/c my 12yr old son is here to "help" now. I overdid it in the garage though, i was supposed to just tell her what to keep, not keep, whatever. But as usual I cant keep still. I didnt go crazy, but I Def feel tired. Took a musc relx and now its nap time I Guess. Thats the superwoman syndrome LOL. As far a getting around, Ive felt really good. Listen to your body they say. OK>>IM LISTENING NOW! I have th go to GA on the 17th, then a wedding Sept. 13th AND Oct. 15th(?), so I totally get the find new stuff thing. Oh and Kelly Clarkson in Charlotte Sept 17th...guess I better rest A LOT huh? 5 yrs..youll knock em off their feet :) Hope good news came your way today!