Dysport - Rough First Couple Days But... - Providence, RI

I have had botox probably about 6 times in the...

I have had botox probably about 6 times in the past couple years in the forehead area. Never really had a problem and works very well for me. I went for my appt this past Sat. morning and the Dr. talked my into trying Dysport because she likes it better than Botox. She said it was basically the same but took effect quicker and possibly lasted longer. So I trust her and say OK but not too put too much and ask to split my usual forehead dose between my forehead and crows feet, because sometimes the botox is too much and my head feels too stiff and looks too tight for the first month. She charges by the area and since I don't need that much I didn't think it was fair I pay for 2 areas. So I go with the Dysport.

This was the first time I had welt marks on my forehead leaving the office and they lasted much of the day and into Sunday. There is some very light brusing and if I touch the areas injected it is still sore now 2 days later and I still have a mild heachache from my forehead being sore.

Dysport took effect I swear within 2 hours and my forehead wrinkles gone but much too tight for my liking. Botox works fast on me too, usually takes only a day. Sunday afternoon I noticed my right cheek had some slight swelling and today (Monday) when I woke up under my right eye was all puffed. I got so scared and called out sick from work. I was going to call the Dr but after I sat up and iced it, it went down to almost normal. So I think it was just fluid and not my fat pad bulging out to my cheek. I read some of the horror stories on here about that and got very nervous !

So I am past the 48 hour mark now and I am starting to look pretty good. When I smile my crows are gone and it looks natural. The forehead I still think is too tight for my liking and feels tighter than when I do Botox. So I am not sure if I will use the Dyport next time or stick with the Botox. I am undecided. Possibly if it lasts longer I would do it again but I want less in the forehead.

On a side note, I did have a few drinks Thurs night and my appt was Saturday morning, so possibly the alcohol may have caused some of these side effects.. I do trust my Dr and will go back to her.. I attached a pic of my puffy eye this morning. It looked worse in the mirror, trust me :-)

I'm pretty much back to normal now at almost 3 months. Had double vision for about 6 weeks( spread to my eye muscles), which was the worst side effect as it caused motion sickness if I walked around. Good thing I have a desk job ! The minor side effects which I never had with botox was swelling at the injection site for 2 days and a headache for a week. Will NEVER use it again and don't recommend it to anyone. Use Botox only, much less chance of spread !
Hello, it's been a while since you posted this and I wonder how things are going with the Botox or did you went back for Dysport? I just had it done a week agoa and I'm searching for answers here. Would like to know after this years what have you been doing to keep away from wrinkles as I think I won't ever do dysport again but wonder what will I use to stop the wrinkles around my eyes.
I wonder if the Doctors get a bonus for selling us Dysport. I have read so many times on this site that the Dr said it was so much better than Botox. My Dr. told me the same and now I am having ear and sinus infections and I am dizzy, and have tried antibiotics, prescription nasal spray and Mucunex. I sure hope this goes away soon,had this for almost 3 mths. I NEVER had any of this in my entire life until Dysport. I guess some people can handle it and some can't. I am not allergic to anything, nor do I have allergies. I am very healthy, so I do believe my problems are from Dysport. I also had a very sore throat 2 hrs after being injected, with the throat closing at night.
I had my injection on September 1st 2010, my reaction included severe breathing issues which were much worse at night, swallowing issues which were proven with a barium swallow test, severe dizziness and vertigo, visual disturbances, bladder control issues, burning itching skin wealth in hives everywhere, numb body face and scalp with terrible pins and needle pain, very sensitive to light and motion, my smooth muscle seem to be affected because it became very tight and continues to be very tight until this day the muscles between my eyebrows are extremely tight, terrible ear pressure and pain and very loud tinnitus although my hearing of environmental noise is muffled the ringing is loud as anything! I don't know that I will ever be well, speech problems, my face looks different, it is almost as if I look like I have had a stroke.I was hospitalized once, in and out of the emergency room for the first year and a half, and in and out of doctors offices ever since with no answers and and I no longer trust medical professionals, almost every single doctor denied that any of this was from the dysport and basically treated me like a crazy person and tried to pass everything off as anxiety. Kind of funny when you go to the emergency room with a swollen face, wealth in hives all over your body, & a narrow airway and be told that it is anxiety! Just terrible! I even tried to hand the doctors in the emergency room the pamphlet and they wouldn't even look at it!
I forgot to mention the terrible problems that I am left with, terrible dry eye! So painful!
another thing that I forgot to mention is my terrible memory issues haha I am guessing that's why I forgot to include it, I feel brain fog done drugs all the time as if I just got off a roller coaster you know that nasty feeling you get as if you are in motion when you are not.
when I go out in the sun only one eye will squint and the other won't close at all. so i am making sure to wear sunglasses outdoors at all times to avoid this freakish look !
How is everything coming along? It has been since may 22 since I had mine and my smile is a little better, my face is not numb and I feel I am recovering and making some positive progress. Hoping it goes away soon! Good luck
No my eyes arent really affected. The lower right lid has a tougher time closing than the other one when I squint but it is not a big issue. My husband hates when I do this anyway and when he saw this he was so mad as he thinks I am fine the way I am.
oh and my eyelids feel very tight and I have these freaky looking vertical lines that run down them if I squint or try to shut the lid.
I have the exact same things going on. I ended up with a black eye and puffiness. I also have a crooked smile :( It is like I cant lift the lip when smiling but when I make a snarl with that side it will come up. I want it to be normal (cry)
It sucks..I know ! One side of my lip lifts a little as you can see from my profile pic but the other not at all. Are you have eye focus problems too ? My Dr called me yesterday and apologized and said she was finding that Dysport is much stronger than botox even at the recommended dilution. But everyone else has loved it. So far only me is the one to complain. I have had botox before without any issues, she said she would do botox free for me in a few months when this all wears off.
Day 10 now.. My Dr saw me on day 6 and injected more dysport into the crows for the eye that was still able to squint. It looks much better now but still doesn't quite match the other eye. And I don't want anymore. The headaches are gone. But all injected areas are still sensitive to the touch. I can't smile as my cheeks and corners of my mouth won't go up and I am having trouble with eye focus. I didn't know that was a side effect too, but it is. I think dysport is probably fine to use but much stronger than botox and I got too much. I'd rather have some more lines under the eyes and be able to smile. Than a smooth stone face, which is how I look now. And the eye focus thing is annoying and makes me feel dizzy when I walk around.
Ok I am on day 5 now. The puffiness is essential gone under the one eye but either I got too much or some spread to the undereye muscle. I only had the crows done. No under eye injections. My left eye can squint as normal my right one can't and it is very noticeable if I am outside or smile ! So I am wearing sunglasses outdoors and not smiling and put a call into the DOC to see if she can fix it somehow. Don't think I will do the dysport again. Forhead is VERY tight feeling, no wrinkles but barely any movement. Too much for my liking. And I had a headache for 3 days after the injections.