Very Happy with my Results! - Lilburn, GA

As I eagerly await the procedure, I'm starting to...

As I eagerly await the procedure, I'm starting to get excited about it however I'm a little anxious about the recovery. This is actually my 2nd time getting liposuction. The first time was over 10 years ago and was tumescent liposuction from a provider in the Alpharetta. The results were great however I didn't take care of myself as I should have. I eventually gained the weight back with bad eating habits and lack of exercise. A few years ago, I decided to become a healthier person and change my eating and fitness habits and was able to lose over 30lbs by my 40th birthday. I'm fortunate enough to have tight skin so I don't have any loose skin however since I've gotten older its just been really hard to eliminate the fat around my waist. I train with a personal trainer 3 times a week and I feel like there's a six pack under here somewhere. I decided to do some research on smartlipo and decided to go to Premier Dermatology for my procedure. I feel like I'm more responsible now and will do what's required to make sure the procedure is a successful one.

After my consult I found that the doctor should be able to use the old incision entries which is great! I marked my smart phone to remind me of all the prep that I needed prior to the procedure, stopping multi vitamins, taking the required vitamins, no caffeine or herbs, no dairy, etc. Right now, just looking forward to the procedure.

Till then....

Just got home from procedure

For whatever reason Im not feeling as bad as I thought I would feel. I think the worst part for me was the catheter. Somehow I didn't know that was going to happen so when she said I was like huh? The ended taking a bucket and a half of fat out my lower and upper abs, back. She gave me the signature heart in the bootie area which I am very happy about. Im about to just relax right now and thank god for minimal pain. Ill take some pics tomorrow for a before and day 2 in the compression garment. Cant wait to see my results!!!!

Day 2

Im leaking like a waterfall however I don't feel as much pain as I thought I would. That's a good thing. Been taking the meds regularly so I think its helping the pain and swelling. I changed my bandages for the first time and saw my stomach. I KNEW I had a 6 pack under there. Reallly excited with the results so far. Here are the before pics and pics day one with the garment on. Will take more on my 1 week visit.

Day 4- Looking good

Still sore but I can definitely see the results. Been staying on top of taking my meds, vitamins and drinking plenty of water. Rest unfortunately has not been a luxury. Ive been able to work from home since the procedure Tuesday so that has been a blessing. I plan on sleeping the whole weekend! I cant wait for this swelling to go down. No longer leaking like a waterfall, so that good for several reasons. The most important one is... MAKE SURE YOU GET THE RIGHT KIND OF TAPE! I actually ripped my skin off on the side with the tape. SMH! So now on top of making sure I heal from the procedure Im putting Neosporin on my hip from where the tape took advantage of the sensitive skin. I go for my one week on Tuesday. So not looking forward to the contraption everyone talks about. However, the staff at Premier was stellar and Im looking forward to seeing them!

Day 11- Finally seeing the light from the Contraption

That Body Magic contraption is THE DEVIL!!!! Just kidding kinda... Oh my word I literally had tears in my eyes when they "tried" to put that on me. I felt so bad for the nurses and they were so encouraging. For some reason the absolutely MOST sensitive parts of my body are my hips and around my navel. Getting that contraption on was excruciating. Once they got on (because I literally gave up) I was happy I couldn't take it off for three days. I dreaded trying to get back into it. I used one of the bra extenders around my thighs for easier access when I had to go to the bathroom. Wet ones are a MUST for the bathroom, and for the random leakage sanitary napkins are your friend. Sanitary napkins were actually thick enough to absorb the fluids and not be gross. I would get the ones that AREN'T THIN, cut them in half and keep a few with you and a couple of Band-Aids to use as tape. It worked better for me since the other tape incident scarred me. I found that I was still leaking once the body magic was back on. I was scared at first but the nurse said that the contraption basically squeezes whatever liquid was in you right on out. I decided to stay in mine 4 days instead of 3. Washed it while I was in the shower. Put the other thing on and enjoyed being able to breathe without my ribs throbbing. I really didn't think I would be able to but I put it back on.. by myself, but I did. It took 10 minutes of sweat but I was able to do it and it really didn't give me any pain. So either It really got loose or I shrunk or maybe a happy middle. It has more give now. Before I thought it was crushing my ribs now, just a little stiff getting up and down. Still snug but I can at least breathe now. My stomach is very hard and lumpy. Im happy I can contract them now. For some reason Im still a little nervous to go to the gym in a few days. I feel like I need to go though. Starting to get more sensation back so that's good. I saw a little bit of bruising but I feel like everything will be healed at the same time. I used some cocoa butter any way just to make sure everything finally for some moisture

Day 14- 2 weeks in

Im supposed to be able to go back to the gym today but Im a little leary. I usually work out with a trainer and I didn't tell him what type of procedure I had... just that I had one. Im going to give it one more week before we start back again. The pain has become very minimal. Still some sore areas here and then but the majority of the pain has subsided. I am however experiencing a lot of bruising mainly from the contraption. Ive been wearing it the entire work day then taking it off when I get home, bathing, moisturizing and putting cocoa butter on the bruised areas. Instead of putting the contraption back on, Ive been putting on the original garment with the Velcro wrap around. I feel like Im cheating but these spines digging in my skin and im getting scabs. If this slows down progress, I will be happy to wear the contraption an additional week or two if I have to continue it this way.

24 days in.. and Happy!!!

Im wearing the contraption and its not wearing me!! Loving it too! My clothes fit so much better. Ive actually been able to get the hooks all the way to the first one which is amazing. I remember tearing up when they tried to hook it on the third one now I slide it on like a champ. Im still a little numb around the belly button area but the swelling has gone down quite a bit. A little lumpy here and there but you cant really see it, just feel it, so Im thinking its scar tissue and it will go away soon. Still moisturizing every chance I get. Havent gone to the gym yet but plan on doing 2 days a week with my trainer starting Tuesday. 1 month post-op next Friday! Hope everything stays as great as Im anticipating! My clothes look So good ON!! Loving my new waist line. WOOT WOOT!!!

One month follow up

Just had my one month follow up. I lost 6 inches above my naval, 4 inches at my naval and 3 inches below. VERY EXCITING! Ms Lee said I was healing "fabulously" and that I should have great results. I told her I had been doing some adult beveraging lately and was concerned about my sodium intake. She advised a cheat day is fine, just watch yourself. She said the original contraption had gotten too loose and suggested that I purchase a corset. I decided to get one from there so they got me another BODY MAGIC! Why oh WHY didn't I think that threw. It was SO TIGHT! By the time I got to work, I couldn't even sit down. I had to go home for the day. I tried to wear it day 2 and it was excruciating. She told me not to take it off so it could loosen up but I had to waive the white flag. Fortunately for me... I had stretched it enough that I could put it back on later. For now, Im just wearing it in small intervals till I cant take it anymore and then switch back to the older one till the new loosens enough for me to wear it everyday. Pics attached

Week 7- Feeling good, making progress

Im feeling pretty good. Still a little numb towards my belly button and spine and I can still feel a little hardness around that area. Overall Im healing pretty well. The new body magic is not as painful as it was initially. I wear it to work and then take it off when I get home and put on the compression garment. I find now that my abdominal area around my navel is not as flat as I would prefer. I feel like the corset pushed the fat down to my lower abs. Im trying to continue a low sodium diet which is nearly impossible. I have my next follow up in a few weeks. Looking forward to hearing what the doctor has to say.

7 weeks

I feel great! Been wearing the corset during the day and wearing the other garment at night. The first garment is super loose so some nights I just wear the wrap I got with the compression garment. Happy with my progress thus far. Still a little sensitive and numb towards my spine area and my belly button. I think that is to be expected since we heal outward in. Still feel like theres some scar tissue right about the bikini line and I feel a little flabby around the belly button however, its nothing like it was. Ive dropped 2-3 dress sizes so that's awesome, but now my clothes don't fit in the waist at all. LOL! What a great problem to have. Started working out with my trainer, I didn't feel any challenges with the procedure other than me just being out of shape. Still concerned about my eating. My biggest fear is that Im going to eat something and gain it all back. My water intake has decreased so I need to get back to drinking as much water is possible.

2 month Post Op

Looks like things are going well. Dr. Boutte said im healing well and to continue doing whatever exercise and diet regimen I was doing and I should see great results by my 6 months final visit. I was a little concerned because I returned from out of town a few days prior and was concerned that I consumed too many liquid calories, plus I didn't wear the garment the whole time I was there. I had some hardness at the bikini line but as soon as I showed it to her she told me not to worry. The body magic is starting to become a permanent member of my wardrobe. I look forward to life without the garment though and just being able to wear my clothes without it. According to the doctor I've lost a lot of inches which I should be happy about and have dropped about 10lbs.

4 Months In

Next week Ill be at my four month mark! Im still happy with my results. I wear the contraption as much as possible and have now tightened it to the 1st and 2nd hooks which is a major accomplishment considering how it seems to get uncomfortable around 2p-330p each day. I will admit that I have cheated and when Im sitting home on the weekends, It not on. My only concern is the scarring that I have on my right side from wearing the contraption. I wear something under it AND over it and this right side is very sensitive. I get sharp pains but I try my best to just push through it. Ive been taking it off as soon as I get home, I think for this last few months I need to be more diligent with that. I will also admit that my alcohol intake has increased quite a bit and I notice that Ive been retaining water. My remedy is hydrating, juicing, and working out harder with the trainer. Typically the bloat subsides. Im going to do what I can to stick to the script in the home stretch. I have my last appointment with Dr. Boutte the second week in December and would LOVE to hear job well done. Im also excited to see the total inches Ive lost all around.

4 Months In

7 months post op...

Its been awhile since ive posted. Mainly because I fell off my diet, stopped wearing the body magic, and wasnt taking care of myself as I should have. I started gaining the weight back. I was embarrassed and disappointed. I didnt even want to go to my final check up to hear the numbers so I reschedule my final appointment to January with hopes to get the weight off before Dr. Boutte saw me. Clearly that doesnt work when your drinking beer every other day (Boo you sports venues!!!) As disappointing as I was, the ladies at Premiere Dermatology were so encouraging to me. They told me this was a journey and the first step was recognizing where i went wrong (eating lemon pepper wings and beer) and what I needed to get back on the right track. The decision to stop wearing the body magic was based on it digging in my skin. I have slight scoliosis and that contraption didnt agree with my right side. It actually dug so far in my skin that it was beyond the first layer of my epidermis. I would wear it to work and by 11am I would have to close my office door and take it off because of the pain. Dr. Boutte suggested a different compression garment that does not have the spining that Im going to use instead. Since my appointment, I have gotten back on a healthy diet. No fried food, tons of water, watching my sodium and the weight I gained is coming back off. I now eat 5-6 times a day 300-400 calorie meals, lean proteins and lots of veggies. I do have a cocktail from time to time but have broken up with beer and have a distant relationship with sweets. I have not been exercising since the first of the year, however the change in my eating habits has really helped get some of this fat off. I do notice a little flap of skin on my lower abdomen right side. Im hoping when my new compression garment arrives, that will go away. All I can say is that... its hard work and if you fall down, just get back up. Ill be checking in again soon.
Atlanta Dermatologic Surgeon

You look great. I've requested Dr. Boutte to contact me as well. I live in Columbia, SC but think she may be worth coming to ATL. I've read quite a few testimonies on her work and compassion, which is really impressive.
Hey there, "Fierce 40"!!! This is Dr. Boutte! I have been reading about your progress, and I'm loving it! You have been a wonderful patient, and you're achieving such great results. I am proud to have been of service. You are FIERCE at 40 indeed!
Thank you so much Dr. Boutte! I haven't been as diligent as I should've been the past month (holiday eating is the devil). However, Im looking forward to seeing you in a few weeks for the final check up!
I wish you were in my area...you sound to be a great, caring doctor!
And you still look great!
Thanks. It took a lot of will power, staring in the mirror and really just staying in the house. I'm still a work in progress though. I just think if I had not fallen off the wagon those few months where would i be. I know it can be better! I just got my raineywear garment today. Spanx has NOTHING on them. Its so small the package fit in my mailbox. lol
you look really great!!
thank you so much!
@venicerose... Thanks so much! I hope we can use each other to gauge our progress. I submitted and kept the Body Magic corset. I wear a slimmer under it because I found that it was bruising me when it was directly on my skin. Its actually bearable now.
You look great, my procedure was a couple of days after yours. I cont to wear my original cg but it does not fit as snug. Went and brought a shaper sz sm at local dept store. Are you still wearing a cg and if so what kind.
-:- Message from RealSelf staff -:-

-:- Message from RealSelf staff -:-

We thank you for your comments. Continue to follow our instructions and you will have great results!!