Fat and enzymes ruined my face

Had fat transfer to my face and lips. BIG...

Had fat transfer to my face and lips. BIG MISTAKE-looks awful and distorted. These doctors need to stop using methods that are so unpredictable. Then they have the nerve to say just wait it out-for at least a year. Are you kidding me? A whole year? Do Not Consider it-I dont' care who the surgeon is and what they promise. Need a facelift? Leave out the fat. Absolutely the worst experience of my life.

3months out-looks worse now than it did before....

3months out-looks worse now than it did before. One side is losing fat faster than the other and there are lumps and uneven areas. Face is flat with no definition. Dr says now have to wait 18 months to see the "true" results. How convenient to keep changing the amount of time. Opinion hasn't changed. This is the worse experience of my lift. I don't look feminine at all. I feel like I was ripped off. Whatever prettiness I had before, its gone. My doctor was a really good salesman and now he is saying we never talked about cheeks and "you didn't have cheeks before" OMG-are you kidding me?

Fat is disappearing and now have hollow under eyes...

Fat is disappearing and now have hollow under eyes. Dr says any areas where more fat is needed can be added after 6 months and will cost more $$$$. If course! Why didn't I think of that? The fat doesn't last and is uneven. Lumps and bumps. Face is ruined. If any of you are thinking about this, PLEASE don't do it. You will regret. I have had people contact me who aren't happy with their results. What more do we need to say?? DON'T DO FAT. It's a money maker for these docs. Recent follow up with doctor was a joke. He has completely changed what he told me (and my spouse) in the consult. Now he says he cannot say that any of the fat will remain. He never promises that. But can add more at a reduced price. WHAT A GUY.

13 weeks post revision facelift, necklift, full...

13 weeks post revision facelift, necklift, full face fat transfer. Skin is looking terrible. The texture is like an orange peel and there are divots everywhere. I never had great skin but now, its looking worse than ever. I can also see where the doctor entered the skin to fat graft. First he told me skin would improve after fat. Then he said it would take 2 years to see the improvement. One of my friends asked me where the acne came from? Right side is sagging and you can see layers where fat graft is. Pock marks are very defined whereas they weren't prior to fat. That's another thing they don't tell you. Skin looks worse than ever. My big event is a month away. Don't know what to do. Lump on side of mouth is so noticeable as is the lump on the lip. My daily mantra-DON'T DO FAT-EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Approaching 4 months post facelift, fat transfer,...

Approaching 4 months post facelift, fat transfer, canthopexy, necklift, brow lift and fat to lips. Eyes are completely uneven and asymmetrical. Fat has caused pitting effect in skin and looks terribly. Browlift is uneven and 3 different doctors I have gone to for opinions tell me there is too much fat-causing me to look boxy-eyes have no crease and no lids, fat is uneven and lumpy. Big lump in lip and one by side of mouth. I still cannot believe I paid money to look like this. DO NOT DO FAT-This Dr has offered nothing to fix my face at this point. All he says is wait. I still don't know what I'm waiting for.

My dermatologist took one look at me and...

My dermatologist took one look at me and asked-what happened to your eyes? My surgeon took away my crease and my hooded lids so now I look like a freak. I have to wear glasses all the time because the eyes look so bad. And they don't close properly. When I asked my derm why my skin looks so bad, he said EVERY doctor knows when you add fat or filler, all the imperfections (acne scars, etc) come to the surface! HOW COME MY DR DIDN'T KNOW? He claims that he has 25 years of experience. He knew my history-everything-I left out no details and he went ahead and did fat injections anyway. I think that's just wrong. If he knew the outcome with my skin was going to be bad, why wouldn't he tell me its not a good idea? Oh-that's right, then he couldn't charge me all that money. (as I slap my forehead)

I'm just so mad-my face is looking worse and...

I'm just so mad-my face is looking worse and worse-at 5 months I have so many issues. The fat has destroyed my skin and is sagging on the right.My face is lumpy and uneven. I have lines and track marks from where the doctor inserted the canulas. My eyes are worse than ever. One big, one small. Not even and certainly not as pretty as they used to be. The lumps in the lips are still there. Nothing looks good. NOTHING. I'm so sad. I look at my pics from before and i looked better than I do now. This Dr promised me so much and delivered NOTHING. I feel like I've been robbed of a lot of money. I just don't know what to do to fix this nightmare.

6 months and the nightmare continues

The fat is pretty much gone-maybe a little in the lower face stayed. The fat in the lumps has reduced a lot but the lumps are still there. My skin texture is terrible. I think the enzyme the doctor used to remove filler prior to surgery ruined my face along with the fat. He won't take any responsibility and wont offer to refund my money or offer to fix anything. Unless I want more fat and want to PAY him. I have several consults set to see what can be done. The texture is pitted and looks like I have wavy lines all over my face. I still can't believe this butcher is allowed to practice and people still continue to go to him. He dumped 200 units of enzyme into my face the morning of surgery saying it wouldn't do anything other than get rid of filler. REALLY DR?? It removed everything-including my own tissue. How can he call himself an expert??? I'm just so sad. I was hoping for improvement. It hasn't come.

11 month review

I have had several consults at this point to determine what I can do to fix my fat issues. I will need lip revision/surgery to fix the fat lumps in my lips and some type of filler to fix the irregularities in my face. There are divots, lumps and bumps that have not subsided, although my doctor said they would. He has pretty much dropped off the radar now that things haven't gone well. The fat disappeared and so did my doctor. I really hope people stay away from fat. It is not predictable and any doctor that tells you they can fix your problems with it is nothing more than a liar. It's a money maker for them. Nothing else. After talking to several doctors, they were quite honest about the fact that fat IS NOT the way to go and shouldn't be used to resolve volume issues. Some of the fat is right under my left eye and looks odd when i smile. It pushes up the skin and crinkles. The right side is way too low and I have grooves under both eyes now that the fat is gone and looks very hollow. The fat deposited in my lower face has created jowling that wasn't there before. When I smile, things ok but who walks around smiling all the time? When my face is in neutral position,.it looks lopsided, uneven, and my profile if flat. Whatever fat Ihad that was mine to begin with, is gone from the hylauronidaise this doctor did before injecting fat. The enzyme takes away your natural tissue How is it all the docs I consulted with know this but mine insisted it wouldn't? Anyway, this is a very expensive lesson so take my advice-DON"T EVER DO FAT

My doc

So it appears my doc has paid other websites to wipe out his bad reviews. How interesting all his negative reviews are gone from that site. I wonder how he would explain that. And I heard he files lawsuits against anyone who goes against him. Now, why would you do that if you were an ethical, kind , caring Ps? Hmmmm/ the word evil bad mean keeps popping into my head. Thank you Realself for not succumbing to that BS. TM-shame on you. You take all that money and make people think you are a good man. Not!!

This Dr in SF came recommended by people on a forum and from researching fat grafting. Very few doctors do fat and this one swears by it. He talked me out of implants and said he could fix my problems with fat. There is very little information about him online and he has no website. Beware doctors that don't have a lot online these days. This Dr ruined my face. And don't even try to get in to see him for repair He won't admit to wrong doing and just brushes you off. He comes off caring but only cares about money. Happy to share his name upon request.

What state did u do this? Why didn't u give his name here so people will avoid him?
Feel free to pm me. I'm happy to give out his name he's well known in San Francisco
I don't really see the damage in your pix to be honest, but it is only a portion of your face. I've been considering this surgeon for fat transfer - I lost most of my facial volume due to IPL damage.. Since there isn't a single surgeon out there preforming this procedure that has a clean slate (ie. no negative reviews), I think I will just forego doing this procedure to restore volume.. What other suggestions do you have for volume restoration? fillers are also very risky and cheek implants look pretty bad most of the time and don't really accomplish what fat does.. I don't have any sagging, as I am still young, but this gaunt look is really bothering me. hope you are doing better, all the best..
There are many good fillers out there. Voluma, perlane , resty. You need a good doctor who is skilled injector. What state are you in?
although choosing a skilled surgeon is important when considering any cosmetic procedure, I read too many horror stories about fillers to think that they are safe even in the hands of experts. There are instances of severe allergic reactions, the material moving from one area to another, lumps & bumps, reactions to the material that dissolves temporary fillers (forgot what it's called), changes in skin texture and even blindness in a few cases when the injector hit an artery feeding the eye.. seems like just as much of a gamble as fat, no? have you had any success with fillers?
No luck with fillers.
I had good results with restylane. Wish I would have stayed with it rather than making the bad decision to go with fat transfer. After the first couple of fills about 4-6 months apart, it lasted almost a year before I needed a touch up. I would suggest just trying a small amount of whatever fill the ps recommends just to see how your skin reacts to it, then go back for more if it goes well for more. A friend of mine uses perlane and she really likes the results. She's used it for about 3 years and I had used restylane for about 4 years without a problem.
Hey, thanks for the comment - I appreciate it. Nice to see that someone had good experience with fillers, reading the reviews though, there are just as many negative reviews for fillers as for fat. Fat transfer (or more generally, "volume restoration" with either fillers or other alternatives) is something I may be considering perhaps in a couple of years, once I fully recover from the IPL damage, but at this point, I am definitely just focusing at treating the scarring and textural irregularities from the IPL. Tbh, I may forgo any type of volume restoration - just to be on the safe side and try like facial exercises or something. There are a number of ppl on essential day spa that have tried them and claim they work, so I think it's at least worth a try since it's pretty much risk free
I now have to spend money to fix my lips-they are so awful looking its embarrasing The sausage rolls in my face from nectrotic fat looks terrible. Like I have sagging skin with odd layering. Several docs recommends filler to smooth out. Others recommend implants. to smooth out. I wish Iknew what to do. I just want my old face back. I hate what this damn Dr has done to me. And he's laughing all the way to bank knowing there are still women like us who will get this done over and over. It's hard some days. I get seriously depressed
I know the feeling Redroxie. Sometimes I can ignore it for a few days, but then the depression rolls in. Its hard not to be reminded of it everytime you simply have to brush your teeth. That dreaded mirror reminding me of that one really terrible decision to do FT & ruin my face. I wish I would come to the acceptance stage...not there yet.
I would not consider any implants. I was recommended a similar procedure to correct the fat on my chin and I was so desperate I did it. I wish I hadn't. I would not ever do any plastic surgery again if I could possibly avoid it. Have waited for 3 years for some improvement but none yet. About the fat necrosis - I read a review from someone on here and the Exilis got rid of the nodules or possibly broke them up. Also you should check this out: http://goo.gl/wLroA2
I'm so sad for you. Your story really helped me though. I know that not every procedure works for everyone. I wish I could snap my fingers and you would have never have been through what you have. Keep writing. Your story will help many others.
I am very sorry to hear your story. Mine is the same. It's been 1 month and 2 weeks but it's obvious that the doctor changed the symmetry of my face making me look older. People at my job have noticed and asked me when will my face go back to normal being I keep telling them it's swollen. Also, my husband says it looks deformed. One of my cheeks is much bigger than the other. My cheeks are lower than they were. It appears he removed the top part of my cheeks leaving droopy fat hanging down the lower cheeks. Than as my best friend pointed out, I have a hollow line running horizontally down my face right behind the droopy fat. I'm devastated. My doctor like yours has taken no responsibility and is asking me to wait. First he and his staff stated I would be back to normal in 2 days. Then 3 months and now he's saying a year. He just goes off on tangents when I last visited. He also placed botox on my forehead and one of my eyes has been halfway closed. This cost me a fortune. I saved for a year. He hasn't accepted responsibility for anything. However, your doctors sites sound exactly like mine. I regret this incredibly. Now I have to begin saving money and searching for a new doctor to repair this if possible. I'm scared and sad. Please let me know how it's going. Thanks
I am a year post procedure. Thankfully , a lot if the fat has disappeared. Try to keep calm. Much of this will sort out and you will be able to manage the rest. Drs who have helped me were Val Lanbros in Calif and my Derm at home. Be patient. You have to wait least 6-12 months just keep breathing
Dear RedRoxie, I had a facelift and fat transfer 6 weeks ago, and I can't bear to look at my distorted face. My PS told me to wait another 6 weeks because he says that at 3 months the swelling will subside and I'll have a better idea of how much fat will be absorbed. My fear, is that I'll continue to look unnatural. Please share with me how Dr. Val Lanbros helped you as I am looking for a doctor who can advise me with this issue. Thank you in advance, Ruz
Private message me so we can talk offline.
I am sorry that you have had such a terrible time. As women we are always trying to improve and its disappointing when we dont get what we want. But honestly, you really don't look bad at all. But of course, we are always harder on ourselves. regardless, I hope it all works out and you get what you want. that is what matters most. Your happiness. Good Luck and Stay Positive!
Chellamia...here is a link to photos I put in when I asked a question of docs at realself. Hope the link works, write me if it doesn't. I will send a private message with my phone number and email and you can call or write me if you want to know more. I didn't post the pictures when I wrote the review because it was much too difficult for me as I am sure is the case with others. Its been 3 years now, so I have come to more acceptance at this point, but it is still painful & hurtful to let other people see photos of me. I wear sunglasses nearly 24/7, even today. If this ever happens to you, which I truly hope it doesn't, you may finally understand how difficult it is mentally to cope with posting results that are bad. Good results are easy to post...bad results are just too hard to deal with for most of us. Its been over 3 yrs now and this is still hard for me to do. In the photos at the link, the first pic on the left is the after of my left eye. They got reversed by mistake. And I didn't have a good, clear closeup of a before pic for that eye, so I just posted the right eye as they looked pretty much the same "before" on both eyes. Here is the link: http://www.realself.com/question/upper-and-lower-eyelid-surgery BTW, my husband is a retired physician from CA and we have been married over 35 years. I have no axe to grind with the doc who did the FT, not an "ex" anything. In fact, he was recommended to me by my son-in-law...an anesthesiologist in Encino CA. (He won't be recommending him anymore after my experience).
link: http://www.realself.com/question/upper-and-lower-eyelid-surgery
PS...it should be a warning if it is hard to find out any information online as I found out this one doctor I had a consult with was able to get all this bad information about a lawsuit he had taken offline so I would tell everyone to do their research, don't be in a rush, and try to get people to share their experiences positive and negative on sites like this because the doctors have a way of getting it taken down as part of the settlement which was the case with a doctor in Tampa I would share upon request as it was not my experience but told to me by another doctor actually.
Dear Redroxi, I'm sorry that something happened for you to be so unhappy and spend so much money which just goes to show that more money doesn't mean better quality as I paid less than $3000 for a facelift in Costa Rica in 1995 and my experience was lifechanging in a positive way and yes, there was a minor problem with the ear attachment which he fixed the following year at no charge and with some extra services so I would go back but now he charges the same as many doctors in my area and now I am more aware of all the risks involved. Also, in 2010, I had a little silicon put in my lips and I was very unhappy as it was about $800 and you couldn't see any difference in the before and after pictures by Dr. Swanson in Clearwater who I went for a free consult and he talked me into that and I had no idea what I was doing at the time. Over time it seems like there might be a microcosmic difference but certainly not worth the money and I haven't done anything else until I actually see someone's before and after pictures from the doctor i would go to and now I want to do the fat transfer (not necessarily in my lips but around the mouth and eyes. While I understand you are clearly upset, I don't think it is fair to make a blanket statement about this procedure without providing before/after pictures that show anything as I can't tell anything from your pictures and I have seen a lot of amazing before and after pictures on the real self website. I appreciate that you are trying to warn others but please understand our position of having to make decisions from people who make claims (positive or negative) and then don't show clear pictures and more often, don't follow up on their story. Had you seen before and after pictures done by this doctor? I don't understand if a doctor is doing these procedures on a regular basis, why can't they provide a substantial amount of pictures to prove a procedure has beautiful and lasting results and it is very easy for them to mask a person's identity so that is no excuse. If you don't want to publicize your picture, I understand but is there anyway you could get someone to help you share the problems you discuss and still retain your privacy? I'm just not convinced without seeing pictures; however, you have convinced me that I will insist on seeing a surgeon's before/after and even be able to talk to someone as that's how I came to know about Dr. Lev. I will also share my results as I have previously shared many pictures of the issues which I want to resolve.
She has posted pictures & she went to a doctor with a good reputation. She did her homework and had every reason to expect a good result. That's the problem with FT...the results are extremely unpredictible from one person to the next ...even with the same doctor. And no doctor is going to show you the pictures of the results that went bad...or they wouldn't have any patients.
Dear Roxie, I really could help you in any way. I don't work for Dr Niamtu and I don't promote his business but in my hearth I do believe he can help you. I pray to God that one day you will find time and go see Dr N and I pray that he will find a solution to fix it and will make you happy. Until that day I wish God will keep you strong and patient. I am thinking of you most of the time but I have no power to help you. Blessings.
How can I thank you enough for writing such a heartbreaking review? I can not accept the idea of doctors refusing to fix their mistakes. Thank you so much for exposing the risk associated with this procedure. I myself stayed with a bump on my lips for years done with Restilane by a doc in LI so I totally emphasize with your pain. It was agonizing for me to try to put lipstick on uneven upper lip. However I do have a very strong  feeling that you will be able to fix and to like your face. I am not a psychic but I do get vibes. I will pray that God will show you soon the best way to get beautiful revision.  Speaking about beautiful, from the pics that you've posted YOU ARE A VERY BEAUTIFUL WOMAN. Some women will pay a lot to look just like you. I wanna give you an e-hug and I can not wait that day when you will write back to me to tell me that you are HAPPY with your result.
Redroxie, when you first wrote 200ccs I thought the extra 0 was a typo. That's way too much. 200ccs of anything sounds way too much. I found something as well you might be interested in - infrared light therapy. It doesn't heat the epidermis like lasers do. These light therapy treatments are the safest you can get as far as dermatology treatments go. If you get a machine and sit under it regularly for 3 months then it could improve something without risking further harm?? http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2687728/ "Our results further suggest that IR radiation may result in beneficial effects on skin texture and wrinkles by increasing collagen and elastin in the dermis through stimulation of fibroblasts. Thus, treatment with IR radiation may be an effective and safe non-ablative remodeling method of the skin"