Powerful Peel, Powerful Results

Hi. I had a phenol peel 8 months ago. It was very...

Hi. I had a phenol peel 8 months ago. It was very strong, painful, but the results were excellent. I was mildly sedated as phenol peel is very strong the doctor suggested that i be mildly sedated so that i am confortable. My skin was cleaned, then the solution was applied and a timer was set. The solution was then cleaned off and i was asked to rest for a bit and inform if the pain got too severe. It did hurt and burn, but nothing too scary. I was ok and rested a bit. Later in the day my skin felt tight and stretched and very itchy. It was also burning. It took 3 days for the burning to go down but the itchiness took a few more days to go. The redness took the longest to disappear, around 2 weeks. Once the skin began to peel off , i saw a younger and a fresher looking sink underneath. It was a bit lighter, bit not too light. It was somewhat pinkish. After i recovered fully, sunblock, water and a good cleanser were the three things i had to do everyday which i still do. Phenol has given me a great, fresh face.

I live in the Atlanta area. Who was your doctor?
Thanks,
what doctor did you go to?
I had a Hetters peel performed around my eyes about ten weeks ago,I still have a lot of redness around my eyes, what can I do?
I live in Virginia Beach and cant find a doctor for the life of me to do this peel. Any suggestions??
I had a phenol(hetter)peel performed 9 days ago along with upper bleph surgery. Everything you read about the swelling,oozing,flaking,itchingpeeling,redness is true. It's not fun, you get through it. Couple things I was not prepared for however was not being able to wear glasses for 2 weeks or contacts for 1. Or the MAJOR breakout that occurred 5 days into it. OMG, I had cystic acne,eventhough my doc prescribed Tetracyline prior to the procedure. I'm sure it was all that goop you have to wear the week following. I was prone to occasional mild break outs, but nothing like this. Hoping now that I'm off the goop, things will calm down. He wants to try another anti-biotic which I'm not crazy about. Anyway,about the glasses thing; I took an old pair, took the arms off and wired them around a chopstick. Worked great for watching TV. Hope this helps.
I had the glasses problem too, my doctor told me to put a folded tissue or some soft fabric under the bridge of the glasses so they didn't dig into my face. Seemed to work and I could wear contacts after 10 days.
Hi SAI, Check out our Phenol peel cost map for an idea on prices.

im going to try the full phenol. is it expensive i live in ca..la area..how much will it cost me?

I had this done under and around my eyes on 04/29. I am still in the icky stages of healing, but reading your post was encouraging! Thanks =]
Thank-you for the information. I plan on getting the phenol peel done at Bumrungrad Hospital in Bangkok, as I live in Thailand. I am british, with a very pale complexion, so it should be OK. Thank-you for your help.