36 years old , pregnancy and Invisalign - Poulton, UKd

I have just found this website and I'm surprised...

I have just found this website and I'm surprised that if wasn't told about pain at all. This is my second day with Invisalign and it hurts. Putting them on is not bad but taking off is a nightmare . My gums are actually bleeding every time I'm taking my trays off. I so hope it will go better. But I have to admit my teeth are horrible so I'm so looking forward to any improvement. I know it's my early days and I'm finding hard to get to the routine. first of all I'm starving!!! It's too much pain to take that off so I eat and drink only when I have to . I suppose I will have to change my routine. The biggest nightmare is not being able to drink my coffee . I'm a coffee addict as I have a low blood pressure and I'm tired most of the time . I just so hope to get rid of this pain ..

Day 5 tray 1

Slowly getting used to having something in my mouth .the Pain is easier to cope with but not completely gone. Now I realised how many snacks I used to have a day!! I'm starving !!! Because taking trays out hurts and all cleaning routine takes me about 8 min I'm sticking to 30 min for breakfast , 30 min for lunch and 1 h for dinner . I'm only size 8 but and not big eater but now I'm constantly hungry. It's hard not to have a snack in the office . Yesterday one if my colleagues had birthday and we had lots of cakes and chocolates which I couldn't touch. Than I went for a girly evening and drunk water all the way through. Girls assumed I'm on the diet so I kept it that way. So far nobody notice I have "braces" so I keep it quiet . I still feel uncomfortable

Feels guilty

Yesterday I went out to the town with my friends . We went for a meal and couple drinks. I think it was a first time I was on night out since my boy was born.(we talking 4 years) I was very nervous how I'm going to cope with the plastic in my mounth . Initially I was planning to take them out and leave at home, but that why I would not meet min 20 h. Bravely I kept them on. I waited till my good arrived and sneaked out to the bathroom. Luckily sink was placed very privately and I left my cousin by the door as a barycade . This time taking trays out went smoothly. I think I'm getting use to it. I had my meal and came back to the bathroom to make my hygiene routine which takes me 7 min. So far so good. Then the problem started.. Drinks... I was drinking Corona and Malibu Coke. There was no way I could take my trays out all the time, so I used a straw and rinse my mounth after every drink. Felt SO guilty, came back home and extended my brushing, cleaning, flushing routine to 10 min . I read so much about people complaining about the stain, smell ect .. It is really petryfing me. It's my 5 th day and so far there is no even mark on my trays... Is it really so bad to have a" straw" drink once for a while?????? Except that things are going better. There is no pain just a slight push. Only problem is a sharp end on my bottom tray which is hurting my lip from inside.

Tray 2- week 3

I have just changed my trays to second set and surprisingly there is no problem at all. They fitted smoothly and there is no pain so far. Nothing like tray one. I was expecting at least two days of pain again. I got used to hygiene routine and eating in certain time with no snaking between meals. But again... Nothing is never too easy for me. Two days ago I found out I'm pregnant !!!!!! After two years of trying and finally giving up here we go.. Now I'm scared again. How I'm going to cope with sickness and no snacking? Last two days were horrible . At work I was told I look green ... Well , felt "green " too...

Tray 3

I have just changed to tray 3. Somebody said it's easier to change trays on evening and sleep through the first pain . I think it's a good idea. This tray is much tighter than tray 2 , but I will post a better update in couple days. So far I can't see any change but I feel little bit diffrent in my bite.

Last couple weeks on tray 2 were horrible. I would lie if I said it was easy. Tray fitted nicely and I mastered in and outs quick and smoothly . There was no pain at all just a little bit of pressure at the first couple days. In normal conditions, no problem at all.. But well , it's not me... Being 7 weeks pregnant I do suffer with sickness . Nausea is my closest friend now and I throw up at least 3 times a day. Most of the time I managed to take trays out but it makes me sick even more. When they are in place its not bad , but moving them in and out causes a close meeting with a toilet straight away. The mint taste of tooth pAste and listerine is a big no no.. I'm using kids fruity tooth paste at the moment . So far, the bigger challenge was to snack before stomach starts asking for it. If I'm late I'm sick. So my meals were tiny but more frequent. Now , I'm in the stage of being off food completely. Only bread with butter and boiled potatoes. Tray 1 stayed in place for over 22 h easly, tray two vary but never below 20 hours. Only on Monday I had it out for about 4 hours as I didn't want to risk being sick in the plane. I wAs planning to extend tray two by day, but tray 3 fitted easly so I assumed I'm still on track. Summarising so far, I do not recommend this treatment during the pregnancy . It is extremely hard . Unless you are lucky and don't suffer from morning sickness .

Tray 4

Im on my 4 th tray now and things are getting better. Despite of morning sickness i managed to keep my trays on minimum 20 h a day. My dentist was happy with a progress and gave me another 3 sets of aligners. I was worried if my number 4 will fit as last couple weeks were hard and trays were constantly on and off . Luckily , all goes smoothly and there is no pain at all. Doctors put me on anti sickness tablets to help out and it's working so far. 11 weeks pregnant, 4th trays and just after breast operation . It's a lot for body to take . Hopefully these all will be worth it at the end.

Tray 8

It's been a while since I updated my review last time. Maybe it's because there was no much change and I was focusing ony pregnancy more than invisalign. It's my 8th tray and I'm 20 weeks pregnant. I'm still suffering with sickness and even trays became a part of my daily routine I don't think they helping with my nausea. That probably is the only problem. So far there is no pain just tightness when changing to the new tray. I can slowly see the progress as well. Especially bottom teeth look much better. I have to admit , due to sickness I don't take trays off every time I drink. Surprisingly milk shakes are my best remedy . I suppose because I can't snack they kind of replace the hunger . I keep a bottle always with me but not always I m in comfortable place to take off my trays. I just use a straw. So far no problem, yes after two weeks , trays are getting a little bit yellow but it's not noticeable . Unfortunately , I got a gum disease. Dentist said it might be due to pregnancy as my mounth higiene is very good. It's worrying me now

Tray 10

So far no major problems with trays although removing them is still making me sick. There is no pain but I can't see major changes neither . I hope it's just me. I'm not even half way through yet

Tray1 comparing to tray 10 pictures

Dr Mark Johnson

Very little, brand new clinic . So far very good experience