Post Lifestyle Lift Complications.

I had this procedure January 29th in Seattle. I...

I had this procedure January 29th in Seattle. I did it because I liked the idea of a less-intrusive surgery, using local anesthetic, and because all the literature given to me, plus the consultation, made it all sound as if I would heal quickly and with few (if any) complications.

I now feel that this was very misleading, as it is almost 3 months, and I have had nothing but problems and anxiety. I have lumps and ridges all along both cheeks, which showed up about a month ago, and a large lump under my chin which is hideous and has been there from the start.

My doctor, at the 1-month consultation, looked at me for about 3 seconds and said, "It'll go away." That was it! I live 4 hours away from the clinic, and it is difficult for me to get there. I am very depressed and nervous. My face is not only a mess, but it still can feel very numb, and at times, as if I were being bitten by fire ants. Is this normal this long after surgery?

I was never told anything except that I would be healed much sooner; and I was not told what the lumps were, whether to massage them, or anything else. he did say to come in for a steroid injection, but that is in another month! Is that too late? Will these things go away? How long can I realistically expect to heal?

I feel as if I've been abandoned by the clinic and that I am a nuisance to the doctor, who just sort of ignores my worries. Help! Am I going to look and feel this way forever.

He seems too busy and preoccupied to give proper reassurance.

I'm shocked reading these postings. Was going to use Lifestyle Lift, but was thinking of a brow lift, also. They referred me to one of their doctors, who has a practice in La Jolla. I'm not sure he works for them anymore...he has multiple credentials in Otolaryngology and Plastic Surgery. The operation was the neck lift, and injections of 2 kinds of fillers. The surgery is 10 days old, today. After 6 days, the stitches behind the ear were removed, leaving one under each earlobe. The day after, I showered, and baby shampooed my hair...when I stepped out of the shower, I began bleeding from in back of the ear. It was like the prom scene in the film "Carrie." Blood all over the bathroom, and running down my body. It finally stopped and I called the office. They said to make the hour's drive, but 10 min. later the Dr. called to say it was probably going to be fine. Arriving home, it began bleeding. Upshot, went back and he restitched the ear. Evidently, a former stitch separated...not from any trauma. Bruising slowly leaving, but for several days after surgery, had stomach problems, probably from the meds. Slight odd feeling in the fingers, now, and for the last couple of days, some edema below the right earlobe on the neck.
Don't know if all this is normal after 10 days. I might say that I had a lower Rhytidectomy 25 yrs ago, and went back to work after 9 days.
Hope those of you with negative reactions, have improved over these months.
Thank you each and every one for your informative posts. I had seen the advertisement on TV and actually considered this procedure! Now I don't need to waste my time and can look at other options from better sources. :)
As I read all these comments I am shocked that Lifestyle Lift is still allowed to advertise, they should be forced to show the "real" people and let them tell thier horror stories on the infomercial!!
Please anyone looking to get a LL...don't so it, save your money and get a tradional facelift by a Board Cert. Plastic Surgeon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
First procedure to rid myself of wrinkles under my chin and neck area plus some smile lines. My neck under my chin now looks like an old accordion...had a second procedure which helped the neck but only slightly but neck is far worse than before any of the two procedures. Am very disappointed and spend far too much time looking in the mirror hoping for a miraculous change and wishing that I had never done this as it was a waste of my time, frustration and money. the Dr seems indifferent and says that at 68, my skin has suffered too much sun damage to improve my neck. why didn't he tell me this during the first consultation? the videos on LSL are exaggerated and untrue.
As with all comments posted I feel duped, I also fell for their marketing allure, my surgery was on November 2010. I was AWAKE and AWARE of the pain, I remember screaming with pain! I too have the bumps & pain behind the ears, horrid chin scar. I also had my upper eyelids done, so far the scars are VERY prominent. Pain & numbness continue despite their recommendations for heat and NSAIDS. I have NOT been contacted by the Santa Ana office for an appointment to conclude the whole procedure, if not contacted soon after the Holidays, I will be in their office and it will not be nice. I will Not wait past six months before seeking legal assistance. Any suggestions??
One of the biggest mistakes I have ever mad! I wish I would have went with my "gut" after reading the horror stories. I have disfiguring scares. My wife says the scares side of my head looks like a burn victim. It has been close to a year post-op. The are going to do a "revision" I have to pay $400 to have them try to correct THIER botched lift. If you are considering LSL, DON'T DO IT, YOU WILL BE SORRY! Save your money up and get a "real" facelift you will be much happier.

just recently a 45 year old went to the boston office and recieved a death as a result of not being monitored before and during the surgery how safe is it when this can happen,is it because dr kent and owner does not want to spend the money for safety,or would rather spend it on advertising to get more stupid/vain people in looking for a bargain

What it so wrong with just aging gracefully instead of risking your health and just possibly your life? I would NEVER let a doctor touch me that I didn't have complete confidence and trust in. There are too many things that can go wrong with any kind of surgery, why risk it on elective surgery just for vanity?
You must be 18 something, just wait :o)
I second that 18 year old comment, I said the same thing until I turned 50, ppl used to say...wow you look so young...now they say...you look young "for your age"....aarggg I don't wanna be 50 or look it if I can help it, vanity?? you got that right...but this lifestyle lift thing ain't for me and sorry to those who had horrific results :-(
My aunt had the same procedure in Seattle and has the very same issues. The doctors pretend to care and blow off any problems she may have. Does anyone ever wonder why all of the Lifestyle lift doctors are Head/Neck doctors and NOT plastic surgeons?? I wish you the best of luck and hope you heal both physically and emotionally from your ordeal.
I was there. Don't.
I'm going to a LSL doctor in a week in Seattle and am wondering who has been there and how it has worked out. My appointment is with a doctor in Pike St. I would love feedback BEFORE I go in. Thanks, Sue
Here I am in September, 2009. I had my "Procedure" in January!!! I still have numbness and pain, and the area under my chin is a disaster...it feels as if there are bullets (BB's) under there, and my profile looks awful...a lumpy chin area which I did NOT have before "Lifestyle Lift." At least the Hideously Corrugated-looking sides of my face look better, but even they have not gone away. The Doctor who did this to me has since left LSL. I saw him recently and he shot (More) cortisone under my chin, told me that he "Cared," and then tried to get me to sign up for Laser Surgery!!! Like, I have had all this pain and all these problems, and you are looking at me and telling me I "Could Benefit" from LASER SURGERY?????????? (Which just "Happened" to be On Sale???) I'm depressed by this whole thing! This is just awful.
I wish I found Realself before my procedure!
They can be quadruple board-certified!!! It's the lSL PROCEDURE ITSELF that is all wrong. There are too many risks of complications and poor results, as these posts show. Maybe some lucky ones have a good result, but does anyone really want to take the chance when the odds are definitely not good, as the polls on Realself prove?
And he is double board certified??? Click on the link Chrystal sent& read what other docs say about plastic surgery, FACIAL plastic surgery& ENTs... http://www.realself.com/question/How-long-do-the-effects-of-a-Lifestyle-Lift-last-Do-your-research copy/paste all of this into your browser.
Ileana...no, no, no. I am in touch with a former patient who had this surgeon who has had nothing but problems. Please...save your money...and go to a professional facility and not to LSL. She is another who is now involved in the class action lawsuit. Ask to speak to his former patients....they won't let you because of HIPA. Almost 2 yrs later and the ONLY difference is the turkey neck is gone. So go to a real pro who doesn't need the extra dough that LSL is paying him, and just get lipo on your neck. How I wish I had done that. I am left with the jowls and numbness.
I plan to do the LSL in October in South Florida with Dr. J. Phillip Garcia. Does anyone know him? After reading this, I am now a bit scared. He and his brother are double board certified in plastic and reconstructive surgery in Jacksonville and Ponte Vedra Florida. Were these other surgeons Board Certified? I will make sure I check him out with the Board. I am now having 2nd thoughts I am 56 but don't have wrinkles or jawls. Just starting to get a bit of the turkey neck.
Ileana, in case you are not familiar with the procedure that LSL does, please go the doctors question and answer section here and read up on the Lifestyle Lift. It is not necessarily the doctors that are the problem but the procedure itself. They (LSL) has just been fined $300,000 for cyber posting (posting good reviews as patients when in fact it was LSL employees) by the state of NY. So, you really don't know when you are reading some of the older posts if it really is a true patient or not. The percentage of satisfied vs not satisfied has dropped on this site by 6% since the ruling (& no more cyber posting). At least get a 2nd opinion. Please read the following by Dr. Pensky:(copy this and paste into your web browser) http://www.realself.com/question/How-long-do-the-effects-of-a-Lifestyle-Lift-last-Do-your-research (stop at the word research). I think Dr. Pensky puts LSL into perspective and makes several very good points to consider. I too checked out my surgeon, yes he too was board certified but go look at my pictures and tell me what you think. Best, Chrystal Eckes.
Please rethink this. Please seek out a 2nd opinion. I bet you will find that there is only a couple of hundred dollars difference between what you want done and what a board certified reconstructive plastic surgeon charges. Do you want to take the chance that many of us have and go through the horror of what we have experienced? We do not come on here post our pictures to be laughed at but to warn other women and men what can happen if you choose to undergo this procedure. The doctors are not necessarily the problem. The amount of patients scheduled in one day for one doctor for the one hour procedure is not feasible. The marketing machine rolls on... Best to you in your decision, Chrystal Eckes. PS: please view my pictures.
Horrible! Mine are sore as well as itchy!
They are coming out behind my left ear . They are like bumps now. At 1st, they felt like a small pc of fishing line, several of them. I apply lotion alot, because it seems to scab up.
I have seen several different posts on here. Maybe if you go to the Ask the Dr.'s section you can ask a Dr. and see what info they can provide.
personal experience - don't know if they ever stop coming out through the skin - I guess as some point they have to be all gone. Never thought of should they be surgically removed. the BB's stay I am beginning to guess that LSL is using the wrong type of suture material for an area as delicate as the face..... anyone else having this problem too?