Breast implant after 8 year old TRAM - Portugal

My reconstructed implant is still swollen. I...

My reconstructed implant is still swollen. I believe it will shrink a little. I had a mastectomy with tram flap surgery with skin sparing 8 years ago.

My reconstructed breast was very small and I decided to have a silicon implant. This is the result after 12 days of surgery.

Hi everyone, It's almost one year since I had the...

Hi everyone,
It's almost one year since I had the implant surgery. Last April my doc wanted to perform another surgery to reposition the silicon implant,although I refused. I believe I have to do it as the implant has moved down a little, but I am not yet ready for it.
The shape of the reconstructed breast is not perfect, but I am used to it, and my partner says it looks better now than before with just the tram. Well, ladies, we have to smile and we are all survivors.
Sorry for my English.
Thanks for reading.
Marshagalina, from sunny Portugal.
Public Hospital

At least your lover like its. My husband if 43 years hasn't had sex with me since the day I had my mastectomy 13-years ago! Best of luck to you! Don't worry eventually it will be fine. .
Going to have a double mastectomy with diep flap reconstruction on Aug. 20th For dcis grade 3, I also hope I'm making the right decision seems like everyone that has this is very happy with the results? Anything I need to know from real people? I have not talked to another person that has done this.
Ho Bonnie, hope you are doing well and recovering. Keep us posted. h & K Matsha
Hi Marsha I too am in Portugal and had a lumpectomy (tumorectomia) with reconstructive surgery in October 2013 in Portimao followed by 35 weeks of radiation in Faro. Sadly due to the radiation my breast is now almost half the size of the other one but I don't plan to have anything done to either. I bought a self-adhesive bra and use one half on the affected breast and you can't tell the difference. My husband doesn't mind how they look ... he is just pleased it was caught in time and I am alive. I am pleased you are doing well and hopefully everyone else in this conversation is managing and coping also.
You are so fortunate to have a husband who still is intimate with you and loves you for you and not your body! My husband of 42-years hasn't come near me since the day I had my mastectomy 13-years ago!
Whoops. Meant 43-years, not 42-years!
Hi Victoria, great to hear from you. We all have to keep positive to face all our challenges. H & K to Algarve. I live in Porto. Marsha
Hi everyone. After more than 2 years of having the implant under the tram flap, I feel great. No pain, just some itching occasionnally. Hope everyone is ok and keep all the good mood. Marshagalina
Hi There! My name is Deana and I have Breast Cancer in the right breast. I've decided to have a double mastectomy and of course I am very nervous about the procedure. I hope that I am making the right decision. I am doing both breasts because if I only have the mastectomy and reconstruction on one breast they will look very different from each other. Is there anyone out there who can tell me anything about their experience with this? PLEASE HELP! Thank you!
Just came across this. How did you make out?
I had my double bilaterial mastectomy with expanders on october 7th 2013. All went well, now I have an additional surgery in about two weeks, my expander flipped. For me this was the best choice. I had ductal carcinoma incitu in my left breast, it was found so early, not even stage one yet. I decided to remove both breast due to family history, and due to the fact it was hard on my kids, age 18 & 20. I'm glad I did them both, In my right breast there was precursors in several spots. My GOD, just to imagine me going down this road again if I had chosen just the one. My name is evelyn, a single mom, who just turned 41 a few months before my surgery. It will be about 6 more months before completion. I may look a little funny. And I have wondered if reconstruction is worth all the aggravation of it all. I believe it is, I'm not vain usually, but this has affected me more than I ever thought. I want to feel like a pretty girl again and to never look over my should with the fear of cancer. Bless you.
Twenty yrs ago I had breast cancer and a bilateral mastectomy. Best decision ever.
So sorry. I had only one breast done 13-years ago and had an implant and lift on the other side. They look good. It's been a long time so I am now having the implant exchanged and one put in in the other side along with a tummy tuck. Stay strong and positive!
hi everyone I am new here.. my surgery was August 29,2012 my first time with breast cancer was 1985 I had a lumpectomy and reduction. then again 1990 had a right mastectomy. then 1997 had hysterectomy, 1998 had a tram flap my surgeon was great.. then I lost a great amount of weight which resulted in also losing what breast I still had left... darn it... and then I still needed some revision work done from when I had the tram surgery.. so decided to do implants.. now I am a little over two weeks post op and still having pain on the right side things are still really tight on that side.. the dr said it will take more time time time.. because of tram... I am so frustrated... hopefully talking to you women will help with the time.. I will post my pics if I figure out how.. thanks

Oh my goodness, a year already! I think you are making a wise choice not to do the surgery until you feel ready on all levels. It was so good to hear from you, please continue to let us know how you are!

way to go!

I have a question. I live in Lufkin, Texas. I had a right side mastectomoy over 6 year ago. How do I go about finding the right doctor and will my medicare and tx health springs cover the charges?
Hi Megan, the swelling is still here. Today I felt quite a kind of stitching needles sensation inside my breast, but besides that, everything is fine.
Thanks for reading.
Marsha

Oh, that does not sound like a very pleasant sensation at all, sorry to hear.  I hope it goes away quickly for you!

Please keep us updated on how you are doing.

How are you feeling? Do you feel like the swelling has gone down?