Portrait PSR3-Scars, Eyelid Damage, Enlarged Pores

Rhytec Portrait PSR3. I had this treatment 18...

Rhytec Portrait PSR3. I had this treatment 18 months ago & would not recommend it to anyone. It has been one of the worst experiences of my life. I am 68 & had lovely creamy ivory skin with a few brown spots & fine lines. I was told I would be pink for about two months. After the treatment I looked like I had been seriously burned & by day two the pain was intense. For several days I soaked my face every three hours with vinegar & water compresses & kept it moisturized the rest of the time per instructions. As my face began to peel the problems started to appear. One side of my face was not healing & looked like it was scarring. I received steroid injections on an open wound to help diminish scarring. The redness in my cheeks would not subside so I was given a series of V-beam laser treatments over seven months to diminish the redness. Why would intense heat be applied to eyelids? That's what I wondered when my eyelids were ruined by Portrait. One eyelid pulled up into the socket leaving a hollow eye & the other eyelid drooped.

Fortunately, I found an outstanding opthamologist who specializes in hollow eye repair & he fat grafted both upper eyes with an excellent outcome. My nose looks like it was boiled. The pores are three times larger & on each side of my nose collagen lumps have formed so my nose is thicker than it was before the treatment.

I sought out a top office where they are performing many Portrait treatments.

Pros: The brown spots are gone.

Cons: On one cheek I have a two inch by two inch scarred area that has hypopigmentation & my nose has enlarged pores & bumps. These areas have to be covered with makeup all the time.

Ten months recovery time for redness, scars & nose. No change in fine lines. Surgery required to correct upper eyes. New permanent makeup.

Cost: 400. to replace the permanent eyebrow & eyelid makeup that was removed, 5,000. for Portrait and 8,400. to fat graft upper eyes............ Total cost: 13,800.

I went to the top Dermatology office in La Jolla where they said they did more Portrait treatments than all the other offices in the country combined & my experience was as bad as it can get.