Ultherapy Seven Months Later - Portland, OR

I am 66 and in pretty good shape. Discussed this...

I am 66 and in pretty good shape. Discussed this procedure with dr., he felt the sagging under my chin and wrinkles along my cheeks would definitely benefit, as would the slight drooping of my eyelids.

Was a bit painful , even with meds. especially around the eyebrow/bony area. Like a dental drill hitting a nerve. The nurse told me it would be so I was prepared, but had to have her turn down the intensity at that section. The pain doesn't last long, and no lingering after effects as soon as the laser is moved . It is certainly tolerable,and quick. Discuss pain meds before with your dr. don't skip them , helped a great deal.

I was pretty tender around the jaw and forehead for about ten days. Just felt like I was bruised. ( I wasn't). So far I see little change, my skin texture seems a bit firmer and the area under my jaw a bit less saggy. I have taken before and then weekly pictures , put them on the computer and bring them up side by side to compare. Hopefully there will be more improvement. If this is as good as it gets though, I think I'd pass. It may be my age.

My Dr. said at the end of the consultation, many people chose to have it done twice within nine months for full effect.I can't afford another round and am not convinced it would make that much difference ( yet!) so will let you know how it goes in another two months. Dr. said full effects would be noticeable by then.

I am 66 , slim, , with moderate wrinkles and...

I am 66 , slim, , with moderate wrinkles and softening and pouching of my chin line. I had a full face treatment in mid March 2011, it was not terribly painful except around the eyebrows. I have taken pictures each week or so , and today compared my pre pictures to today ,7 months later. I see very little improvement in my overall appearance. My husband ( who encouraged me to have this procedure) examined the pictures as well. He agreed. There is SOME ( not much ) more definition to my chin line. No lifting of my eyebrows, opening up of the eyes, or any reduction in smile lines on my cheeks or crows feet, diminishing of pore size. I do feel my skin is a bit firmer overall. My dr. said many people have a second treatment after nine months. I can't afford it, but that may be what is needed.

After I had this done I read that it was not as beneficial to people over 65 as to younger people. My dr. did not mention that , but I think it may be something to ask your doctor about, and ask to see some before and afters of older patients. I certainly have not seen the dramatic improvement shown on the videos or pictures at the dr. office. My advice, if you are "older" check this out with your doctor to get a realistic idea before spending the money. I have sadly given in and made an appointment with my reg. derm for fillers, and botox for my crows feet and puppet lines.
Key Laser

He is very well trained, professional . The offices are also very up to date, and clean.And currently the only one in my area that does Ulthera.I have had no reason to e-mail ,and no need of after care so hard to actually rate this.

I think you're right about seeing very little results after a certain age...maybe around mid to late 60s. Unfortunately I didn't see any difference in the before and after photos you posted. I recently had the who package of Venus Freeze done and see no difference in the before and after photos also. I'm in my late 60s. I feel I wasted my money. I do find that Retin A helps my skin, and I also have a home dermabrasion machine and that does help my skin. Good luck to you.
There was no difference, that is why I posted them. The one on the left was the before the one on the right the after 7 months. I agree , the hype needs some acknowledgement that it may not work after 60 or so. I think a money back guarantee might be a good idea if the dr. suggests it will work on older women. I too feel I wasted my money and with no recourse, dr. suggested another treatment at another $$$$$.
I bought my own machines for home use. One is the SkinVacMD by Vacubrasion which is a microdermabrasion machine with diamond Forever tips from Amazon. I love it. It's the same thing they use at doctor's offices. I also bought the NuFace micro current which is a lot like Venus Freeze. I got that at Nordstrom's instead of on line because of it's great return policy. I don't buy the gel from NuFace but get female lubricating gel from the 99 cent store and it works like magic and doesn't dry up on your face like the others do. I also have a blue and red light therapy machine I bought on line. With those three devices, I feel like I have my own spa. The trick is you have to use them regularly to see improvements, and I do. Good luck, senior sister!
I have the red / blue light from Nordies and also a micro current hand held. I use them consistently. They do help we need to fight the good fight..
Where are the afters?

The one on the left is the before the one on the right is after

I went to Key Laser Clinic in Portland,Dr. Key. It has been exactly a year, and I didn't have any real improvement . I wouldn't rec.for "women of a certain age".. I think best or those who are just starting the aging joys.
Which area did you do for $2500? Thank you

Hi Skipper,

What timing I just read a review from astra about how they too are having major tenderness afterward, you might want to chat with them. You also might want to check out the info the company provided about pain and after effects. Many in the community have mentioned they did not see results until the 3 month mark, doesn't patience suck ;) Please keep us updated.

Thanks so much for the review,

-Britt