Ultherapy Seven Months Later - Portland, OR

I am 66 and in pretty good shape. Discussed this...

I am 66 and in pretty good shape. Discussed this procedure with dr., he felt the sagging under my chin and wrinkles along my cheeks would definitely benefit, as would the slight drooping of my eyelids.

Was a bit painful , even with meds. especially around the eyebrow/bony area. Like a dental drill hitting a nerve. The nurse told me it would be so I was prepared, but had to have her turn down the intensity at that section. The pain doesn't last long, and no lingering after effects as soon as the laser is moved . It is certainly tolerable,and quick. Discuss pain meds before with your dr. don't skip them , helped a great deal.

I was pretty tender around the jaw and forehead for about ten days. Just felt like I was bruised. ( I wasn't). So far I see little change, my skin texture seems a bit firmer and the area under my jaw a bit less saggy. I have taken before and then weekly pictures , put them on the computer and bring them up side by side to compare. Hopefully there will be more improvement. If this is as good as it gets though, I think I'd pass. It may be my age.

My Dr. said at the end of the consultation, many people chose to have it done twice within nine months for full effect.I can't afford another round and am not convinced it would make that much difference ( yet!) so will let you know how it goes in another two months. Dr. said full effects would be noticeable by then.

I am 66 , slim, , with moderate wrinkles and...

I am 66 , slim, , with moderate wrinkles and softening and pouching of my chin line. I had a full face treatment in mid March 2011, it was not terribly painful except around the eyebrows. I have taken pictures each week or so , and today compared my pre pictures to today ,7 months later. I see very little improvement in my overall appearance. My husband ( who encouraged me to have this procedure) examined the pictures as well. He agreed. There is SOME ( not much ) more definition to my chin line. No lifting of my eyebrows, opening up of the eyes, or any reduction in smile lines on my cheeks or crows feet, diminishing of pore size. I do feel my skin is a bit firmer overall. My dr. said many people have a second treatment after nine months. I can't afford it, but that may be what is needed.

After I had this done I read that it was not as beneficial to people over 65 as to younger people. My dr. did not mention that , but I think it may be something to ask your doctor about, and ask to see some before and afters of older patients. I certainly have not seen the dramatic improvement shown on the videos or pictures at the dr. office. My advice, if you are "older" check this out with your doctor to get a realistic idea before spending the money. I have sadly given in and made an appointment with my reg. derm for fillers, and botox for my crows feet and puppet lines.
Key Laser

He is very well trained, professional . The offices are also very up to date, and clean.And currently the only one in my area that does Ulthera.I have had no reason to e-mail ,and no need of after care so hard to actually rate this.