My Midlife Overhaul - Portland, OR

I started my journey in Feb 2013 with the consult...

I started my journey in Feb 2013 with the consult and i was weighing 336lbs i suffer from osteoarthritis, hoshimotos thyroiditis, fibromyalgia, hypothyroidism, neuropathy in legs and a few other health issues. I was headed for the wheelchair @ 42yrs..not me so had a choice to make ...i had to lose 30lbs before surgery, although i didnt lose 30lbs i did however lose down to 314lbs on surgery day. I am 14 days out and am down to 306lbs.

My Midlife Overhaul

The first 2 weeks after surgery were lil tough learning to slow down and take small sips due to meds making my mouth dry and very thirsty. The other difficult part was relearning fullness. Now i am into purees and still having a lil trouble but its getting better. On a more pisitive note i have been able to walk 4 blocks with no pain in back, legs, knees or feet so i know the weight is shedding. I feel great, positive and confident that the sleeve was and is the best thing i did to reclaim my life.

update to my midlife overhaul

update

Well i am about three months post ...when starting all this i was 350 at surgery i was 315 now i am 280.

6 months after the start of my overhaul

Well its been 6 months and I am down from 340 to 260. I thought I would be down more but the thyroid is making things difficult and frustrating. I have started college and walking ..still with pain where before what I have lost made it impossible to walk without severe pain. Still working on my arms legs and stomach. I have loose skin under chin that is a must go and drives me crazy.
Emma Patterson

She is excellent .. very straight forward...professional....caring.