This Man Saved my Face -Portland, OR

After losing a considerable amount of weight, I...

After losing a considerable amount of weight, I finally had achieved the body that I always wished I’d had; however, my face took such a beating—from the fat loss—that friends were concerned for my health. I was in the best shape of my life and I did not look healthy.
I went to an aesthetician—I had a Groupon—to correct my smile lines, which had become folds, and the deep troughs and bags under my sunken eyes. After two visits, 3 syringes of Radiesse filler and 50-or-so units of Botox, I had a lumpy and uneven correction to my smile lines and my eyes looked even more sunken with the added volume in my cheeks.
I consulted with Dr. Magilke to see what could be salvaged of my face. I was hoping to make the obvious defects blend-in better while I waited for the product to slowly dissolve.
The doctor and his amazing staff put me right at ease. Dr. Magilke listened carefully to what I wanted to achieve and presented me with options and clear explanations of the procedures, expected results, aftercare and recovery.
I chose to fill around the defects with more Radiesse and fill the area under the eyes with Belotero. It was quick and painless.
I left an hour later, looking better than I have in years. For the first time in a long time, when I look in the mirror, instead of thinking “I can’t believe how tired I look” or “I can’t believe how old I look” I think “I can’t believe how GREAT I look”. That sick-sad-tired look is GONE! Dark circles, GONE! Eye-bags, GONE! I still look like myself; I just look like myself in 2003.

Annual Tune-up

So, it has been about a year. Most of the Radiesse is gone now and the Belotero really hung-in there much better than expected, but it needed some refreshing. I went to another practice, where I routinely go for a good deal on Botox and convenient scheduling. I decided to try Perlane this time instead of Radiesse because they were having a promotion where they were basically giving it away. I must say that I am very pleased. There was little bruising and swelling and about a 3-day recovery vs. 12 days of looking freakish with Radiesse. I had this product placed in my cheeks and nasolabial area. Then I went back to Dr. Magilke for the detail work around the eyes. I had another 1cc syringe of Belotero into the tear troughs and under-eye area, but this time there was some left-over so I asked him to inject it, very superficially, right under the deep creases of the smile lines that were still visible after filling underneath with Perlane. Well....it was MAGIC! Just a couple of units...perhaps 03/100ml under those creases and they disappeared! Genius!
Portland Facial Plastic Surgeon

First, congratulations on your weight loss! I'm so glad to hear that you were able to get the results you were after.

I know it can be difficult to tell since you had the Radiesse, Belotero, and Botox all at the same time, but if you could only pick 1 to have I'd love to hear which one and why.

It totally depends on what area you need to correct. I would never put Radiesse under my eyes, because it's too bulky and the risk of a bad result is too high. Once it's in, that's it. It was perfect for the nasolabial folds and cheeks; however, once I found someone with the knowledge, skill and eye for aesthetics to apply it correctly. The Belotero made the biggest impact on my appearance by instantly erasing my tear troughs, dark circles and eyebags--with one syringe. That was what was really making me look unhealthy. If I could only have done one thing, that would have been it; however, I may not have had as good a result with so little product if I didn't build-up the cheeks to support it. I will never go without Botox again. If your main complaints are your crow's feet, frown lines and forehead creases, don't spend hundreds on creams that take months to make a modest difference. Instead, spend that money on Botox, which takes a few minutes to inject and produces a dramatic result over 5-10 days. One thing to keep in mind is that when you have multiple problem areas and you correct one of them, the others tend to bother you even more. I waited several weeks after doing my cheeks and smile-lines to address my undereye area, thinking I would see an improvement there, too, but my eyes just looked even more hollow. My advice: Go all-in. I'm not going to wait for my whole face to cave-in again. I'll go back every 4-6 months for a little touch-up. Just like my car, the higher the mileage, the more important it is to get that routine maintenance.
BTW, I found this great doc on this site. Thanks. RealSelf.

Really appreciate you sharing how much of an impact you saw from each treatment!! It sounds like the combo you went with worked well for you!