Tired of Looking Tired - Portland, OR

Years spent as a smoking sun goddess certainly...

Years spent as a smoking sun goddess certainly made a mark on me and of course, the daily stressers of balancing work, family and just living added their marks too. Sometimes age does bring wisdom--2 years ago I quit smoking, stopped baking myself, started eating right and exercising, decided I can't control or cure everything so stop stressing over it and decided it was time to do something really good for me! So, at the age of 57, and after reviewing this terrific site and reading about everyone's experiences and do's and dont's, I am 5 days post op, feeling great and will look great in the near future--I hope!

At first I considered going to Mexico or South America for the surgery because the prices are so much less expensive. However, after reading some of your experiences, I decided being in the same location as my PS was well worth the additional dollars. After all, I was entrusting him with the most visible part of me--my face. I had a facelift, forehead lift, lower eyes, cheek augmentation (implants) and chemical peel around my mouth. Needless to say, I am bruised and swollen but not nearly as badly as I anticipated. My daughter, best friends and PS are really impressed. I can already start to see the improvements and can't wait for a few weeks down the road when I'm sure I'll start seeing much more. I will post pictures soon.

If anyone is interested, I highly recommend my PS. Dr. DeMars in Portland, OR has been doing this for 30 years so he certainly has the experience. I interviewed several Drs. and while I liked all of them, I knew immediately that Dr. DeMars was the one for me. He was confident and that comes through, he explains everything thoroughly which put me at ease, he doesn't try to push extra procedures (in fact, he steared me away from other procedures I thought I needed), his staff is terrific--particularly his surgical nurse Lynn--bless her, and the whole environment is friendly and supportive. I will definately go back to him for future procedures.

Portland Plastic Surgeon

So far, my entire experience with Dr. DeMars and his staff has been excellent. As stated in my post above, I will go back to him for future procedures.