Almost 53 and It's Time for a New Me! - Portland, OR

As you can tell from the price, I intend to have...

As you can tell from the price, I intend to have quite a bit of work done. Besides the liposculpture (upper & lower abs, love handles (I do not Love them!) and the dreaded bra-line back fat! - I'm having a breast lift w/ a little reduction. At 52 and only 5'2", gravity and menopause have not been kind. My skin is in pretty good shape overall but I was concerned that if I only did lipo, I'd end up more saggy! I had a TT way back in 2002 and it has held up nicely! I had a little lipo on my lower tummy at that time. One thing that people need to realize is that if you do end up gaining weight in the future, like I did to the tune of 20 lbs., you'll gain it in perhaps areas you don't normally gain weight. For me it happened on my upper abs and back! Back fat, what a horrible concept! One positive was gaining it in my boobs! Now that I want to maintain, just having them adjusted higher : ) Before the weight gain, I was a 36, barely a B cup. Now I'm a 38 full C, almost filling out D cups. My goal is a 36 full C without the roll of fat and skin under my bra! I want cleavage in my front, not on my back like I do when I wear a one piece bathing suit, Thank you very much! So I looking forward to all the suck and tuck procedures on 7/29/14. I'm so excited and really hope time goes by quickly! Almost 12 weeks of waiting and I have wanted this done for a few years now! A lesson in patience this will be! I'd like to lose another 10-15 lbs before the procedure, so I can get the best results! I'll try to post before pics as soon as I figure out how! They'll probably just be of my front as I live alone and there's no one handy to take photos of the back. I plan to ask the PS or RN to take before and after photos with my camera as well. I'll need courage to post the "Before's". I'd love to hear from anyone else having liposculpture work done, pre and post-procedure! Good luck and speedy healing to all of you!

Dumb question, but getting photos from camera to web site?

I have a new iPhone and a 3 yr old MacBook Pro laptop. I'd like to post some photos, but can't figure out how to get them here from my phone or computer. My photos download into iPhoto... then what? I'm soooo techno challenged, it's pathetic! I find the reviews with photos of other very helpful and want to be a source of help and inspiration to the ladies of RS too! Any suggestions, guidance would be gratefully appreciated!

"Before" shots - Buddah belly

Really had a hard time time physically & mentally, posting these! Oh well it is what it is. Having to arch my back to take the photos myself, makes me look even worse! Definitely not sucking it in, that's for sure! And one goal for my PS is that my boobs will stick out further than my belly! I'm having lipo of the upper & lower abdomen, flanks & that awful bra-line back fat, as well as an extended tummy tuck procedure. My boobs are sitting too low and look deflated! I wanted to get a BA with the BL, but my Dr. wants me to wait and have that done in 6 months or so. That's going to be a difficult wait. Heck! I'm having trouble waiting for 8 more weeks until the 1st phase, the biggest surgery is performed. I've literally waited years to have this work done, so a couple of months and next year should hopefully pass quickly and I will live! I'm only 5'2", but have broad shoulders, moderate in the hips. I know I could carry off D-DD cup breasts. I don't want to look un-natural so I'm going to stay away from the HP implants. I have alot of loose skin, which will be addressed in "Phase 1 (that's what I refer to my planned PS's) and the BL should help my self confidence quite a bit! I'm also planning to lose another 10-15 lbs before my surgery. I've lost 30 lbs since the 1st of the year! I'll try and post some better "before" photos taken by someone else, like my 33 yr old daughter. She's the only one I think I would allow to see me like this, LOL!

I hope I don't lose my mind while I'm waiting for PS!

Such a roller-coaster of thoughts and emotions going through my head! And I'm entirely too preoccupied with this "new me" project! I usually don't spend much time, if any, thinking about myself in general. But while I wait for 7/29 to roll around I find myself constantly distracted about all the to-do's beforehand, how successful (or not!) the surgery will be, what am I doing spending all this money on myself and just how miserable will the post-op recovery be... just for starters! I hope this insanity let's up soon! I'm using this place to vent, so don't mind me! I'm usually a pretty bomb-proof, logical kind of gal! I believe I have fairly realistic expectations. Not looking to grace Sport's Illustrated or Vogue any time soon, LOL! Thank you to all those who have shared their journey, both the positive, and not so great aspects to PS. I really appreciate the words of advice and learning what to expect. I'm posting some more "before" photos, taken by someone other than myself! They are sure unflattering but it's where I'm at right now. I'm hoping to lose another 10 lbs before the PS. Not sure if that's going to make much of a difference externally, but internally it means alot. Thanks for letting me ramble on! Maybe no one else will be reading this, LOL!

Trying not to chicken out!

I sure hope what I'm experiencing is just pre-surgery jitters or some phase everyone goes through! For the past day or so, I've been considering backing out, or perhaps having less work done. I don't know. I've wanted this for so long now and have felt 100+% committed for months now, so what's up? I've read so many positive profiles and updates from the ladies on here. Most say that PS was so worth it in the long run! Will I be able to say the same? I'm concerned about all the money I'll be spending coupled with the amt. of scarring I'll be putting on my body. What's realistic to expect at my age? I'm so sorry that this is a downer-type entry. I've been trying to stay very positive about my little PS project and up until very recently, that's been pretty easy to do! I think it doesn't help that I'm doing this pretty much on my own. There's no friends or family I can share these negative thoughts with, at least nobody I feel comfortable sharing this with. So poor RS blog forum here, you're it! I feel alot of pressure, most of the time, presenting myself with a great attitude, everyone's cheer-leader. Why is it so much easier to do for others and not myself? So add feeling guilty on to the pile of negative woes, ahhh! This too, shall pass. Right? I need to find that inner strength and just push past this "stage".

Big *sigh* of Relief! Decided!

Well as of day, and there's really not much time to back out now... I've decided to go ahead with the surgery! The whole enchilada! BL with the cosmetic reduction (please Dr. Bohley, don't take away my cleavage!), lipo-a-rama in several areas and posterior skin removal (bye love-handles and old dog ears!). I'm committed now. The last 2 weeks, and esp. the last few days(!), have been agonizing in coming to a final decision. Words can not express what has been going through my mind! Tomorrow I'm going in to pay off the balance on the surgery ($17,455 total surgical expense). I hope I start feeling excited soon like I did initially going in to this. I'm pretty disappointed that implants are not an option at this time, that's part of it. My work schedule has been long & crazy, have precious few days off before my surgery date. That might be good thing. Work keeps my mind off myself for 8 hours+. Definitely not used to thinking about myself & my body so much. I'll be glad when the day comes, post-op, when I can actually stop being distracted by my "procedures". Self-absorbed is not my style & it does feel uncomfortable. That's been an epiphany recently. Everything in moderation. It's not good to never consider yourself and how you look, don't get me wrong, but to be soooo preoccupied is something I think might be well left off in adolescence! And I'm a couple years past teenager, LOL! Thank you to all the ladies on here who stuck by and encouraged me through making my mind up, esp. egassner and Michele50. The support on here has helped me not feel so alone! Bless you all! Now it's time to get ready for work!

Getting the To-Do List checked off!

Only 10 days, 20.5 hours until I say good-bye to some old fat and loose skin and Hello to my new perkier shape! Still have some major chores to do around the house, but besides last minute groceries, I think I've bought everything I could possibly need! Knowing me, I probably over prepared! I have found the suggestions from the ladies here so helpful! Not just for what to get, but also on what to skip getting! Today I'm having my new freezer delivered! I don't want to worry about meals for myself or my helpers the 1st couple of weeks after surgery. I've tried to plan on low sodium, high protein, lots of eating "clean" type stuff and lots of bottled water! I'm a big green smoothie drinker and the day before surgery, I am going to teach my daughter, who is my initial helper/nurse, how to make them with the Vitamix. The PS's office told me it was important to eat regularly while you recover for healing, but I'm not too sure if I'm going to have much of an appetite for awhile afterwards. I'll have to see how that goes! The heat seems to drain me of much of an appetite! I picked up my prescriptions this week, had an EKG and my labs for surgery done yesterday! That's how I spent my day off! Working full-time has been keeping me too busy to worry much about the procedures and the surgery in general! I have only one day off before the surgery now after today! I'd like that day to include just some last minute grocery shopping and to be able to spend time in my bedroom changing the sheets & making things in there nice to recover in! Sorry for the boring update! My minutia! Just a heck of alot of it to squeeze in, in the next 10 days!

3 Days & 13 hours! Getting REAL!!!

Well I know I should be nervous and at least mildly freaking out, but it hasn't happened yet! I have been in some wild cleaning frenzy at home when I'm not at work. It was a very long time ago, but this time reminds me of when I was about to give birth, nearing my due date. You know, that nesting stage? Clean, clean and more cleaning. It must be what I do with nervous energy or something! Did get some really sad news, on top of really great news today. !st the sad, let's get that over with! My 94 yr. old Grandmother went in to kidney failure officially yesterday and her doctor said she could pass away anytime now. You'd never know it by looking at her! She's up and about the house, not in any pain, just slightly senile enough to not realize that she is passing away soon. She hasn't been eating very much for the past month and appears to have lost 15-20 lbs. That's why my Mom (who she lives with) took her to the doctor in the first place! So the timing of my surgery now for my family is kinda crummy, to say the least! I'm scheduled to go in at 6:45 am this Tuesday, make that 3 days, 12 hours now! My Mom was planning on coming out to my place the following Thursday and spending a couple of nights here. Not too sure that's going to work out now. They are going to set up Hospice care for Gram tomorrow morning at Mom's house. I have a back-up caretaker, but he's a guy and I'm not thrilled that this man I've been dating, for the last 7 yrs. mind you, will be seeing me full throttle train wreck post-op! Let alone helping me with my 1st shower, oh joy! And isn't it about day 4 or 5 post-op alot of ladies here on RS get kinda blue and emotional? Great. I'm already wrestling with feeling guilty about having this vain cosmetic procedure(s) while my Gram is literally dying, I think I will have enough emotional down time without being bummed about my surgery. Geez! I sure hope I'll be able to get through the next week or two emotionally on an even keel. My family needs me to! Well enough said there. Sorry guys! I'm using this platform to vent, I guess! On the very good news front... My wonderful daughter Stephanie and her fantastic husband have put in an offer on a beautiful home with 1.55 acres of property, and the offer was accepted today! They have been looking for almost a year now for that just right place! I'm so happy for them both and my 2 grandsons, who are already planning on building a tree house on the property! They plan to move in when I am 5 weeks post-op so hopefully I'll be sturdy enough to do all those annoying Mother-in-Law/Mom things to help out! The property has a mini-orchard, berries and a great place to plant a vegetable garden (next year)! We will be able to pick our own peaches, plums and apples this year! Way cool! This family could use a bright spot of "happy" stuff! And I am working on not feeling too selfish or too guilt-ridden! Anyone else experience this? I expect a case of the nerves to hit me any day now! It just feels like the surgery is just going to happen because it was meant to be. My Gram sure would have done it in her day if she needed to! She was always quite the little firecracker! I did tell her today that we could set up some sort of lipo-transfusion from me to her, you know, keep the fat in the family! She just laughed and respectfully declined my offer! So that's the latest greatest here. Just gotta get past through these next (precious) few days!

The measuring tape!

Well, I bit the bullet and tried measuring myself, nipple to nipple, and got 33" before my BL. I plan on doing this a few times post-op so I will be able to have an objective measurement of success. Can't wait to uplaod a post-op shot "after BL"! If you look real close, you can see my old dog ear on my left upper hip from 2004 TT in the 2nd photo . Saying good-bye to those puppy ears in 3 days now!
Portland Plastic Surgeon

Well he hasn't worked on me yet, but consultation went very well. Dr. Bohley is very personable and he spent alot of time with me and my questions and concerns, the appt lasted 2 hours! I have been doing quite a bit of research and checked out other PS's. I think it's soooo important for a number of reasons, safety & skill paramount, Board certified is a Must! No one has seemed to be as good a fit for me as Dr. Bohley! His office staff were also especially nice, and had a great sense of humor! At this point I feel good about my decision to choose Dr. Bohley!

Glad you are doing well, and have a wonderful daughter to be in charge for the moment. Looking forward to seeing your results when you are ready. Happy healing!
Hope everything went well and you are comfortably tucked into your recliner, recovering!
I'm all tucked in and comfy as I can manage now! Pillows and ice have been my friends, that's for sure!
Just checking on you sweet lady !
I'm doing pretty well considering all the work I had done! Breasts look like they are aiming in the right direction, no more side boobs, and... I still have my cleavage! I'll update my profile, with photos, soon! I thought I'd be sleeping more after surgery & today, but I'm not. My daughter just now put me on forced bed rest, LOL! She's turning out to be an excellent nurse! She out picking up my Lovenox blood thinner injection stuff from the pharmacy now. Not looking forward to giving myself shots, it's much better to give than to receive! I'll have to do those for a week. Did you have to do those?
Dr. Bohley gave me an rx for them too. I found the most numb spot on my body to inject them. Lol.
Sounds like you are under wonderful care! Hugs to your daughter. So glad you are doing good and to hear the happiness in your words is joyous! No shots for me... do as you're told and rest, lol. Kind of weird having our kids tell us what to do....but they learned from the best! Xoxoxoxo
How are you? Hope you are comfortable at home, resting, drinking fluids, and eating bites of something, walking a little, and healing! Let us know when you are up to sharing. We are thinking of you!
I will update my profile soon! I'm doing all the good thing for healing and best results, I think! Did perhaps a little too much activity this a.m. Propped up and resting now! Been drinking lots of water, green smoothie and half a bran muffin so far today. My daughter did my dressing change on my breast last night & they already appear to have a beautiful shape, a little swollen and sitting high! : ) She did the dressings on my front and back this a.m. and cleaned the drain area. Everything looks good. Very little bruising so far. Pain is tolerable, it's most some soreness and burning sensation of abdomen & lower back incision. Breasts are only a little tender. All in all I doing much better than I had expected! Yay! I'm finally post-op!
Hooray!! So excited to see your results
I know all is going well. Praying for you! !
The Lord must be listening to those prayers! All went really well! Moving around slowly, but getting my little walks in. Can't wait for swelling to go down so I can see the results better, and my torso is all wrapped up like a mummy. So far so good!
Yay! So excited you're doing well! Keep resting and healing. :)
It's almost time!! Can't wait to see the transformation Cyndi!
It won't be long now! I asked my daughter to take photos as soon as I'm settled in at home! So I'll try to post them as soon as I'm clear headed enough to do so! Thank you for being so supportive and truly an inspiration! I can do this thing!
Oh, don't worry about us. Work on resting. Lots. Then you can post all about it!
Been thinking about you ALL DAY!!! Best of luck tomorrow, I'll be praying for good rest for you tonight, safe surgery tomorrow, and amazingly fast and smooth recovery in the days and weeks to follow!! You're an inspiration! Hugs and squeezes!! :)
Awww you are so sweet! I'll take all those prayer! Thank you for keeping me in your thoughts! I'm almost there! Only nine hours to go! Hope I can sleep tonight! Thank you again!
Hope surgery went well! Can't wait to hear how you're doing...but rest first! We can wait ;)
Thinking of you my friend! Get some rest and update when you are ready :)
Heading off to bed now! I'm getting up at 3:30 am! I appreciate you keeping me in your thoughts. That's very kind! I post an update as soon as I am able to, and with photos! Thanks again!
I measured mine today, great idea....will see what the BL results are after sx.
I'm really excited to measure again, in the weeks to follow post-op! Tomorrow is the big day! Woo Hoo!
'Tomorrow is here!' Sweet, all the anxiety of pre-op is over. Sending healing vibes your way, and a wonderful day!