Fraxel Restore -Portland, OR

I am going in on Friday for a consult for the...

I am going in on Friday for a consult for the fraxel restore to treat my cystic acne scarring. My main problem area are my cheek areas. I have ice pick scars. I have tried chemical peels as well as microdermabrasion but am not happy with the results after each procedure. I have finally got my cystic acne under control with spironolactone 50 mg/day. I'm trying not to get my hopes up that this will repair the majority of my scarring but it would be nice to be able to leave the house without makeup or having to touch up throughout the day.
Emerge

Thnks, I have dark skin so I doubt they would start off higher
did you have the fraxel restore done? I have similar acne scarring and was looking into get this treatment done as well
I had 4 fraxel restore 1550 done within a 5 month period. I didn't see any results... But... The settings she used on me were very low even tho I said go high. My 4th was only set on 35 mj & I'm understanding we should have started there. So.. If you have it done request high settings over 45 or it'll be a waste of time. Good luck whatever you decide.

Hi kcd75, did you talk with  your physician about why the setting was so low and your lack of results?

I told her I read that the settings should be higher for people with any kind of scarring & she just kept saying she was going by the guide. I took a peak in the file when she was out if the room & I saw where aggressive settings could be used for deeper treatment. I feel because she was not a surgeon & only an esthetician that she was conservative for fear of messing up. IF, big if, I ever do it again I will only go to a board cert plastic surgeon or derm who is allowed to go higher.

I see, that's really too bad as I wonder if your results would have been successful had the settings were higher. If you do try it again, let us know how it goes :)

Dont do it please, ithe worst thing i ever done please tell everyone not to do it, it doent help it makes skin worst just stick with natural staff
its nothing about setting Laser do not work dont waist ur Time Money and most UR LIFE!
Hey girl! Look into Dr Young in Seattle area. He specializes in acne scarring. You can see what he does on his website. I'm a laser tech in tri cities WA and I refer clients to him that wouldn't benefit from the resurfacing procedures my clinic does.
Waist of money
I'd like to know how you like your final results down the road. I had 4 done about 6 months ago and I'm not happy at all. I see no difference on my scars in cheeks at all. Wondering if it's just my skin didn't take. Thanks
Have you heard of the dermapen or researched it at all?
My research is limited to lasers and I can give an opinion about Fraxel ONLY. The repair is aggressive with extensive downtime.
Hi athens, r u sure about that? Do you have any experience?
I posted my experience with fraxel restore. The restore is not ablative and scarring is deep into the skin. The FRAXEL: REPAIR works on scars because it penetrates deeper. The REPAIR requires 2 weeks downtime, meaning you stay home. There will be scabbing, tremendous redness and the skin feels like sand paper. NO WAY you will not be able to apply make up and go out in 7 - 10 days as they claim. My reviews are very reliable. Research about Fraxel restore vs Fraxel repair. Find a conservative dermatologist, have reasonable expectations and DO NOT BELIEVE everything you are told. THEY LIE!!!!!!
The Fraxel restore will not treat cystic acne scarring. It is non ablative and light. The Fraxel:repair will do the job but requires more downtime and it is painful. I had 4 or 5 Fraxel restore procedures for rejuvenating my skin texture and for very fine lines. It worked but it doesl not work for scars. Don't waste your money.
How much does one session cost? Is it painful? My sister had the same as urs and she only had so many chemical peels and she even had fat injection (bcz her face was thin) and now u can barely see the scars! U can say that they r GONE!
It's about $1000/per session. From all the reviews I've heard it depends on if they numb you and your pain tolerance. Did your sister have the fat injections prior to the chemical peels? I'm so glad that your sister's scars are gone, that is amazing what that can do for your self esteem.
Thats too much! I have very slight ones on my cheeks (when i turn my face to the left or right u can see them) so they r not very clear! I had a chemical peel and bought a scrub (from the same specialist). im going to have it soon but i stopped bcz i had rihnoplasty.. about my sister, no she had fat injections in her face (as fillers) a few months ago and it helped so much reduce the scars.. but she has never had fraxel
You should look into the dermapen. It's a lot cheaper than Fraxel Restore and it seems like the results are the same. The Doctor I spoke with about the dermapen said its about $500 for 4 sessions.
How much did your sister pay for fat injections and was it done at a dermatologist office?