21, 32H and So Ready to Feel Comfortable In My Body!! - Portland, OR

This website has been so helpful for me in the...

This website has been so helpful for me in the months since I decided to finally have this surgery! I don't see many people on here that are my age and have boobs as big as mine, so I want to share my experience with girls who may have a similar body type to me! I'm 21, a 32H, weigh ~150 pounds, and am hoping to go down to a C (a D seems big to me, but I think my perception of what boobs look like is way off).

My boobs seemed to suddenly sprout very quickly, sometime around 6th grade. I went from being basically flat to all of a sudden being a DD, all in middle school, which was so humiliating for me. I have never been the kind of girl who wanted boobs, even before I had them. I remember being in early middle school, and all of my friends wanted boobs. I just thought they were crazy.

All through high school my boobs continued to grow. I think by the time I graduated I was around a 32F, and was just even more self-conscious. The boys in school used to call me "BT", as if I didn't know it stood for "big tits". Because the rest of my body has always been relatively small too, (I'm 5'5 and was 125 pounds up until a few years ago) I have such a hard time getting clothes that fit me. To make things worse, in the past few years, my boobs have caused more and more back and neck pain, which makes it hard to exercise, so I have gained 20 pounds, which just makes me feel worse about myself.

In November 2013, I finally got fed up with the back pain, shoulder grooves, and unwanted attention, and asked my doctor if she thought I would qualify for a breast reduction. She immediately said yes! I went to my consultation a few days later, and the surgeon also agreed that my insurance would cover the whole procedure. He asked me if I get motion sick, which I do (horribly), so he suggested that I stay in the hospital over night, which I'm totally fine with! I wanted to get it done right away, but since I go to school 400 miles away from home, I decided to wait until the summer, so that I could rest for as long as I wanted without worrying about classes.

My pre-op appointment is June 16th, exactly a week before my surgery. Does anyone have any suggestions for questions I should ask? I'm also worried about work, I'll be taking off 4 weeks, but I haven't told anyone I work with why I'll be gone. I work in an office, so I don't do any sort of manual labor, but should I tell anyone whats happening? I really don't want to, but I'm worried that people will ask questions when I get back. How did you ladies handle this?

I'm so excited to get this done, and I hope my journey can help someone else with theirs!!
Daniel A. Ladizinsky

I can not wait to see. You are going to wake up from anesthesia one of the happiest women on the planet! I had a breast reduction ten years ago. I can not tell you the huge boost in self-esteem it gave me!
I know exactly how you feel!! I was over endowed my entire life and at 5'2" I felt top heavy and ridiculous. I always felt they weren't me and was terribly sensitive about my body. I had my surgery in March and so glad I did. I'm a private person and didn't want to share too much at work so only told a few trusted work colleagues. But the truth is, the physical change is pretty dramatic and most people have figured it out. Fortunately and I hope this is the case for you, most of my co- workers respect my privacy. Trust your instincts and tell people to mind their own business if they overstep your boundaries. How much or how little you choose to talk about your BR is entirely your business. But you'll be thrilled with the results! Best of luck Bangers
Hi! Everything will be fine and you will be so happy! I completely understand I was a double d in the 6th grade! I'm 29 now and I'm glad that you are making the decision early. I am so happy! I had a note pad and I wrote down every question I could think of. After reading these post you should be able to develop some more questions as well. I was only off work for a weeks and two days and I have a desk job and I was okay. I would sag maybe two weeks at the most but everyone heals differently. I honestly told my boss what I was doing just in case I got to feeling bad or anything she would know why I was going home. I told no one else in my office but when I returned they immediately noticed I was way smaller! Lol so I shared my story. I wasn't ashamed I was super excited! ;) I'm so in love with my new chest! Good luck on everything.