CoolBreeze Laser (Aka CoolTouch) Does NOT Work

So I received 6 sessions of CoolBreeze, aka...

So I received 6 sessions of CoolBreeze, aka CoolTouch, during June 2012. At the time, my acne was blissful compared to the misery I suffer from now. I only had acne on my 'side-burn' area which was not responding to the Benzoyl Peroxide I was using. Furthermore, I wanted to help accelerate the healing of my scars.

Despite information to the contrary stating that one needs three to six treatments at monthly intervals, I received 6 session within 3 weeks, at a rate of 2 per week. I was told this was actually better. Furthermore, the laser generated a lot of heat, which is troubling because it's supposed to generate a 'Cool breeze' as advertised. Regardless, the staff assured me this was going to be an amazing fix!

I was told it would take 3-6 months to see results because that's how long it takes for collagen to rebuild. Well, it has been over 5 months and my acne is worse now than it has ever been in my entire life. I have acne ALL over my face, including my chin which I never thought was possible. It's terrible, and everyday it just gets worse.

This failed experiment gave me false hope and makes me even angrier at my current state because I never thought my acne would spread to the rest of my face. I am NOT attributing my acne to the laser, but clearly the treatment was beyond useless. This is not a treatment that exacerbates acne before it gets better.

Dear BB36, Thank you for your review of the CoolBreeze Laser. We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience. We are very sorry to hear that you did not have desirable results. Our practice strives to provide the best in personalized care for each patient, including the latest in safe and effective treatments for achieving beautiful skin. We would love the opportunity to meet with you again to find a solution that works for you. Sincerely, The Key Laser Institute team
forget about lasers on acne, go to a doctor and get accutane. with accutane your acne will dissapear for ever. i use to have really bad acne before too and now im acne free thanks to accutane.

I'm so sorry to hear that things have actually gotten worse after your treatment. Ugh, how frustrating. Have you changed any of your skin care products to try to help get things under control since this happened, or have you felt it was best to just stick with what was working for you previously?

Portland Dermatologic Surgeon

This is the third treatment I've received from his office which resulted in absolutely no positive outcome.