Completely Awful!!! if I Can Just Save One Person the Grief - Port Jefferson, NY

It destroyed my skin. i had the micro done and had...

it destroyed my skin. i had the micro done and had a very bad reaction to it. right after i got the treatment my face was red and and inflamed. the next day i started breaking out with itchy pimples. within a week my hole face was covered with itchy pimples . my face was beat red , flaking, and the right side of my face was covered with broken blood vessels. the fold of my nose had raised red bumps and my skin was flaking off. oil would bead from my pores. all of my pores. i always had dry skin but since i had the micro dermabrsion i have excess of oil. i never had acne and i am 28 years old. i just went inn for the procedure because i wanted to improve my skin and clear up a few blackheads.

the procedure was preformed at a medical faciltiy i went back to show them what had happened. they gave me a full refund for 478 dollars.

it has been a month and my skin has improved a bit but still is breaking out and flaking i still have the broken blood vessels and pimples and sometimes my skin still turns beat red. so needless to say it is a very small impovement.

i have an appointment with a dermatologist in two days , hopefully he can help me. the micro dermabrasion ruined my skin. it was suppose to be a quick simple lunch time peel with little risk. tell that to my face!

she ruined my skin

Microdermabrasion if done incorrectly can enlarge pores create wrinkles and emphasise a certain hollowness under the eyes as well as what seems like volume loss, first sign is extremly oily skin and pimples, I should know, I've suffered and am suffering all these things
After reading all the comments above I had to write something, a microdermabrasion is done with crystals that yes can cause a HUGE mess and if left on the skin to cause irritation. Also may I add not good for the client or esthetician to breath in. Now if your looking into getting a microderm done go with the dermabrasion treatment which is done with NO crystals. Its done with a fine tipped crystal wand that will not leave any tiny crystal particles on your skin to irritate. Its a crystal free procedure that will make a HUGE difference in 4-6 treatments. Now if your going to a school to have it done just make sure they use a low setting. After word you want your skin to be a little pink but now bright red. If its bright red they used to high of a setting. Your skin will be a little pink because the suction from the wand causes stimulates blood circulation. After the treatment make sure they use a heavy moisturizer because the treatment is going to strip your skin of the natural oils, so you need to put some moisture back in your skin after the treatment. A good hydrating mask would be GREAT to. As a licensed esthetician that has been certified to do this treatment for five years I have NEVER had a client not see results or have a bad reaction to the treatment. Hope this helps!
hi , i have asian skin, got dermabrasion done for deep scaring. the doc went a little to deep and ruined my skin. now i have two huge discoloured patches on my cheeks with fine demarcations. also the texture of my skin has been ruined with enlarged pores weinkles. it seems like i have plastic skin which when stretched and left, comes backs to its original shapes with alot of wrinkles. i mean i was never told to hydrate my skin , maybe thats y i now have wrinkles? because whenevr i put water on my face the wrinkles disapear. they cum back when it gets dry. no matter how much now i moisturize it, it doesnt stay hydrated:S... kindly guid me what can i do now as its been 3years now when i had dermabrasion.

isha389, since its been 3 years I'm curious if have you been to see any other dermatologists to get recommendations from them?

You are also welcome to post your question in our Q&A section. That way the board certified doctors who volunteer on RealSelf will be able to share their opinions with you.

i did go to a dermatologist. Seeing i still have acne scars , he recommended laser treatments for my scars and left my skin texture problem for later consideration... those 3 sitting really didnt help me as before dermabrasion i tried laser treatments a billion times. that jus left me frustrated and finally now i have stoped visiting docs.

I can completely understand how that would get very frustrating. I do hope you are able to find a solution, and please keep us informed if you find something that works for you. We would love to hear about it!

wow!! to hear these comments are shocking... i am suppost to be getting one done in october....by a skin care SCHOOL! ???
Often you get what you pay for. Most States have a medical board w/ links to licensed techs that use laser/resurfacing instruments. Call school for name of the 'teaching-techs' then research for complaints on file. Go look @ students faces. They're required to work on ea. other. Don't use anyone but licensed techs. Also ck. for online court for county for complaints or suits. Avoid chains & ck. business lic. w/ State. Ask for a practice run on your forearm & watch for result? Oct. is close to holidays. Places rush students to care for the holiday request.

Hi Annonymus,

Did you get Microdermabrasion, as it is October? If so how'd it go?

-Britt

I also have had my face ruined by a young girl she blasted my face i have crystals in my face nearly two years after it is inflamed i have seen a dermatologist and now am booked in for a proceedure to drain the infection iam taking the bitches to court i have suffered and the surgeon says it will take years to completely come out. Please make sure you know who is touching your face
I just read this post and many others and was strongly compelled to write my opinion. I think it's great to take care of your skin and advance with new treatments. But let's be smart; you only have one face that should be trusted to a reputable Dermatologist that has seen your skin and knows your skin problems. (Every woman's skin is completely different). I just know that my Dermatologist would not recommend this treatment as I have read others hav had done...and if she did do the Microdermabrasion it would be a very small area...or 5 minutes first to see the reaction of your skin. Also, she would recommend true RetinA cream used daily or a few times a week for sensitive skin for a gentler more controlled peel effect with no scars or bright redness and also Salycitic (sp)and fruit acids. Be careful of what people are selling for your skin and try it slowly instead of jumping in all at once. You certainly do not want to stimulate your oil glands to create pimples.
Umm...stimulate oil glands? Dermabrasion shrinks oil glands it actually does the revise affect. In most cases oily skin is hereditary, And Never do you want to use RetinA cream or really any highly concentrated defoliant before a microdermabrasion or dermabrasion treatment. That can cause havoc on the skin. Keep in mind dermatologists are like doctors they get paid for every proscription they write and working for a med spa we work right along side dermatologists they refer to use to perform treatments that they don't have the equipment to perform. Just my opinion.

Hi Esto,

Are you an esthetician?

Thanks for your input in our community,

-Britt

Yes I am a licensed esthetician, I’m passionate about what I do and it upsets me that there’s practicing estheticians out there giving our treatments a bad name.

Hi Esto,

Well your input should be useful to our dermatology community.

Thanks for being so active,

-Britt

Where is the proof that dermabrasion shrinks oil glands?