Completely Awful!!! if I Can Just Save One Person the Grief - Port Jefferson, NY

It destroyed my skin. i had the micro done and had...

it destroyed my skin. i had the micro done and had a very bad reaction to it. right after i got the treatment my face was red and and inflamed. the next day i started breaking out with itchy pimples. within a week my hole face was covered with itchy pimples . my face was beat red , flaking, and the right side of my face was covered with broken blood vessels. the fold of my nose had raised red bumps and my skin was flaking off. oil would bead from my pores. all of my pores. i always had dry skin but since i had the micro dermabrsion i have excess of oil. i never had acne and i am 28 years old. i just went inn for the procedure because i wanted to improve my skin and clear up a few blackheads.

the procedure was preformed at a medical faciltiy i went back to show them what had happened. they gave me a full refund for 478 dollars.

it has been a month and my skin has improved a bit but still is breaking out and flaking i still have the broken blood vessels and pimples and sometimes my skin still turns beat red. so needless to say it is a very small impovement.

i have an appointment with a dermatologist in two days , hopefully he can help me. the micro dermabrasion ruined my skin. it was suppose to be a quick simple lunch time peel with little risk. tell that to my face!

Microdermabrasion if done incorrectly can enlarge pores create wrinkles and emphasise a certain hollowness under the eyes as well as what seems like volume loss, first sign is extremly oily skin and pimples, I should know, I've suffered and am suffering all these things
After reading all the comments above I had to write something, a microdermabrasion is done with crystals that yes can cause a HUGE mess and if left on the skin to cause irritation. Also may I add not good for the client or esthetician to breath in. Now if your looking into getting a microderm done go with the dermabrasion treatment which is done with NO crystals. Its done with a fine tipped crystal wand that will not leave any tiny crystal particles on your skin to irritate. Its a crystal free procedure that will make a HUGE difference in 4-6 treatments. Now if your going to a school to have it done just make sure they use a low setting. After word you want your skin to be a little pink but now bright red. If its bright red they used to high of a setting. Your skin will be a little pink because the suction from the wand causes stimulates blood circulation. After the treatment make sure they use a heavy moisturizer because the treatment is going to strip your skin of the natural oils, so you need to put some moisture back in your skin after the treatment. A good hydrating mask would be GREAT to. As a licensed esthetician that has been certified to do this treatment for five years I have NEVER had a client not see results or have a bad reaction to the treatment. Hope this helps!
hi , i have asian skin, got dermabrasion done for deep scaring. the doc went a little to deep and ruined my skin. now i have two huge discoloured patches on my cheeks with fine demarcations. also the texture of my skin has been ruined with enlarged pores weinkles. it seems like i have plastic skin which when stretched and left, comes backs to its original shapes with alot of wrinkles. i mean i was never told to hydrate my skin , maybe thats y i now have wrinkles? because whenevr i put water on my face the wrinkles disapear. they cum back when it gets dry. no matter how much now i moisturize it, it doesnt stay hydrated:S... kindly guid me what can i do now as its been 3years now when i had dermabrasion.

she ruined my skin