So Excited to Be on the Flat Side - Don't Really Believe It! - Poland

Hello My name is Elaine, I am 45, I am a mother to...

Hello My name is Elaine, I am 45, I am a mother to 4 girls and one step daughter my daughters are aged between 18 and 4, I have had Cesarian sections with my 4 girls, 2 emergency and 2 elective. This has left me with a large hanging tummy. I would always think wouldn't it be lovely to lose the tummy but it was a pipe dream I used to say to my ex husband that I could not justify the money as it would be more than the cost of a great family holiday.

I remarried in 2007 and had my last little girl now aged 4 and we considered the op a little more seriously, I have found a surgeon in Poland and it will cost me £2,550 for a Tummy tuck with MR and Lipo. It would be at least double in the UK. I am going tomorrow and am really excited about it.

I am 5ft 7" tall and weigh 177lbs, i go to the gym 6 times a week and am using a circuit training and vibration plates. I have been going to the Gym for 11 months and am really hooked which is so odd for me, I was scared stiff when i first went but i now hate to miss a day. I realise i could still do with losing a bit of weight but it really does not seem to want to shift, i lost 30lbs and have kept that off comfortably for the last year but the rest doesnt seem to want to move.

I will upload my horrid pictures, and will hopefully have some great ones to inspire people in a few weeks. well fingers crossed.

Elaine

Well I am day 2 of my tummy tuck with muscle...

Well I am day 2 of my tummy tuck with muscle repair and lipo, I am seeing my surgeon daily and am managing to move about quite well. I have come to Poland for my op as I found a dr I was happy to use and the cost is far cheaper than in the uk. I could not have afforded to have the procedure any other way.

The last couple of days have been uncomfortable and I had a problem with my drains yesterday, they kept popping open and the contents would gush out. Not great when you staying in an apartment in another country and can't move quickly to clean it up. Saw surgeon this morning and drains fixed so no leaked thus far ( fingers crossed )! I am finding sleeping difficult but have been so happy with the brief glimpses so far it's a small price to pay. I was given 3 painkillers after the op but had bought some ibuprofen and paracetamol with me so have been using them. I am hoping to have drains removed on wednesday 1 st aug and to get a proper look at my tummy. I can not show any pictures yet as A did not pack a camera ( I have come here on my own and only wanted minimal luggage to lug around ) and B because have not seen full results myself yet.

Good luck everyone will keep you posted.
Lealusmum

Hi everyone, day 4 for me today post op. ...

Hi everyone, day 4 for me today post op. Feeling great, I had my wounds dressed today at the clinic and my surgeon is not happy with one of my drains it's still giving off loads of fluid 100 ml today and still very dark red but I am not too worried I still have a few days before I go home and I have been very active. Lots of great shopping in Poland and lovely weather so not been in bed resting much. Had a good 6 hours uninterrupted sleep last night which was wonderful and am feeling really good.

No regrets for the op wish I had done is sooner ( but could not really as had another baby 4 years ago ).

Well good luck everyone

Elaine

Hello ladies, well I am back home from Poland and...

Hello ladies, well I am back home from Poland and am happy with my surgery, it's 8 days post op so am bruised and swollen but drains out yesterday and I am happy. Adding new pictures taken today.

Hello everyone here I am 23 days post op, here are...

Hello everyone here I am 23 days post op, here are a couple more photos taken today, I am still swollen on my right side and am still wearing the binder day and night. I can get around fine now and am itching to get back to the gym. When I take the binder off to oil the scars I can't believe that this tummy is mine, it looks so great I am so happy. Really worth having done. Went out in a pretty dress yesterday without having to wear old lady support knickers. Hurray!

Hi all 29 days post op and back to the gym, but...

Hi all 29 days post op and back to the gym, but only doing cardio not lifting yet and no ab exercises. Feeling good still have some swellling on my right side but am wearing the binder all day and night so it isn't getting any worse. So glad I had it done, and so is hubby now ( finally got some nice undies on, he had never seen my tummy flat as he is 2nd hubby after I had already had 3 Caesarian sections ), good luck to everyone whose ops are due.

Love
Elaine

Hello everyone, well its about 3 months since...

Hello everyone,

well its about 3 months since my op and I am back to the gym and glad I have had it done. I do have a bulge on one side and have emailed my surgeon today, as both my GP and I feel that it is a bulge of fat which was not contoured to the same extent as my other side.

I have been to 2 fancy dos and have managed to wear dresses that I could only have dreamed of wearing which felt wonderful, nothing revealing but nice straight / wiggle dresses that didnt look awful over my flappy skin.

I will upload a picture of my bulge, but please note I am still happy :) well you can the before pictures so you can see why.

Elaine

internet searches, reviews and the fact he has trained in the Uk

Hi, yes I have lost about 6 lbs so am happy with that and as going back to the gym and hoping that more will follow, I am really surprised to hear the clinic referred to as a cattle market, I found all the other patients so friendly when you went in for your post op visits that's it was lovely to have other people there. I think it would have felt a bit clinically if we werent all there chatting and swapping stories. I think everyone is a little nervous at first so chatting helps to relieve it. The nurses don't speak great English but a smile goes a long way. Good luck.

And hello lilrishgirl, thank you so much for your comment, wow lots of children, you are obviously really well organised to be able to have such a busy house I am sure you will be fine, just no lifting for a while! The first couple of days are the worst but I was out shopping the day after surgery albeit walking slowly and bent over. Just take the mess and give yourself a little time. Best wishes for your op x
Sorry was supposed to say take the meds, we were given 3 pin killers to take 6 hourly, then I took paracetamol for a couple of days.
You look fabulous and your story puts me a little at ease so I thank you so much for sharing. My body looks similar to yours and our sizes are similar also. I have heard so many horror stories about recovery that it's what I fear most. I have a 2 year old that I too had with my second... I had 7 children with my first husband, 4 of whom are still home with me ranging in age from 11 to almost 18... and then his 2 are with us 50% of the time and are 8 and 12. So we've got a house full... and they'll all be back to school so other than the week after surgery (a friend took a week off to care for me), I'm going to be on my own. If my recovery is anything like yours I'm thinking I'll do just fine! Thanks so much for that little peace of mind, lol. I'm so happy for you!
So sorry not to have replied, I did not see the post Dee. Yes I am delighted and it surprises me ever time I take the binder off and see my tummy looking flat. It really does look better in the flesh than in the phot and I feel so great about myself. I can't believe it
X
No worries Elaine. Red14 had her TT done on Monday. Her hubby said the clinic was like a cattle market! I can imagine its quite busy. I just hope i get the result i want.

PS: have u lost weight?
Wow, what a difference! You new tummy looks great. I can imagine how nice it must have felt not having to wear granny knickers.

How have you been with swelling?

Dee
X
The clinic is so clean, and I am really pleased with the surgery. Best wishes for your trip I am sure you will be fine!
Hi Elaine

I'm having my surgery done in Wroclaw too on 14 Sep. How are you doing?

Dee
I'm liking the before and after pics, keep them coming. Congrats
photos added from yesterday -- lots of bruising and still swollen
Hi Elaine,- How are you? Are you home yet? xx
Hello yes home yesterday. And all good, last drain taken out yesterday. Dr Adam is a really good surgeon and the clinic is so clean.
Hi again. Day 4 for me today and wound dressed again this morning then shopping for a couple of hours in Poland, walking pretty straight now and only a bit slower than normal. Drains out in a couple of days hopefully as one still giving out a lot of fluid. I am still happy with result and can't wait to see it properly. Pain is not bad at all, only taking paracetamol or ibuprofen at night really. Bruising has come out on top of thighs but I am feeling really good. Good luck everyone elaine
Hi red, Yes staying in apartment and came on my own, also lady here called jackie and she is great very funny we have been to the shops everyday ( even the afternoon ) I was let out of clinic so day 1. The pain is bearable discomfort really and the odd burning sensation but today is day 3 and we both been up and since 8 am this morning walking to clinic then shopping and only just back to apartment it's 2.40 now so a busy day. The apartment is basic ... Bedroom is fine with 2 single beds then you have a galley kitchen with a sofa in it and that's it. Only 1 of the rooms is onsuite No. 2 but there is also another bathroom by the sofa in galley area, and 2 more bedrooms but with just sinks in I think. ( have not seen room 3 ). There is everything you need here cups, plates etc., and they provide a towel. Dr. Adam is nice he is friendly but polish friendly is not so full on an English friendly, he is a good surgeon and will not do as he calls it stupid surgery. If is isn't right for you he won't do it. Which is a good thing. I have bought some of my own pain killers with me which I think you will need was only provided 3 painkillers when left the clinic so have taken paracetamol and ibuprofen if I felt I needed it. It's difficult to sleep so I thend to take one.

There is a supermarket fairly close just really a walk across a road ( be careful of the trams ).

So glad I have had it done and haven't seen result properly yet.

Good luck
Good morning Lealusmum,
Are you on your own? You are very brave if you are. What is the clinic like, and Adam? Are you managing to get out to get food etc? Are you staying at the clinics apartment or did you find one near the clinic?
Hope you have a good day! Xx
I am sitting in my hotel room the day before surgery ... I am due to have surgery tomorrow 27th July and I am really excited about it all.
Good luck for tomorrow, i hope it goes well for you. Im going to Poland as well but not for a few weeks yet. Keep us all posted! Xx
When are you scheduled to have surgery? I bet you"ll have great results.